Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
If raikou is the only pokemon that's going to respawn then it'll be frame 1. If you're able to check your seed with the pitches then you might not be interested in this but if you don't; having both Latias and Entei roaming while you RNG raikou will help you verify your seed rather easily. Once you have rng'd raikou you just leave it roaming while you Rng latias, so you can use the same method, and then capture them both.

If raikou is the only pokemon that's going to respawn then it'll be frame 1. If you're able to check your seed with the pitches then you might not be interested in this but if you don't; having both Latias and Entei roaming while you RNG raikou will help you verify your seed rather easily. Once you have rng'd raikou you just leave it roaming while you Rng latias, so you can use the same method, and then capture them both.
No, I caught Raikou.

I want to skip Entei and catch Latias.

-James

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
What you mean skip entei? Just don't KO it :] and it won't respawn. Latias will still be frame 1, only thing is that you will have to rely on chatot to verify your seed

Id just like to thank Voodoo pimp for his help. Because of him i was successfully able to rng a gible with 31/31/31/0/31/31. 0 special attack like a boss, with adamant nature= lowest special attack possible, not that it matters.

Thanks for your help!

I'm trying to RNG an egg to hatch shiny in another person's game, and it's not working. The ID/SID has been changed to match the game it is going to hatch in. I am hitting my seed and advancing my egg frame by calling Joey. I have International parents and clicked the box. Is there something I can do. I have used three seeds so far.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG an egg to hatch shiny in another person's game, and it's not working. The ID/SID has been changed to match the game it is going to hatch in. I am hitting my seed and advancing my egg frame by calling Joey. I have International parents and clicked the box. Is there something I can do. I have used three seeds so far.
Since you said Joey I'll assume you mean HG/SS.
To advance your egg frame for PID (which decides if it's shiny) you need to reject the egg generated from the daycare man.

So for example if you want an egg PID on frame 3 you let it generate an egg, reject the egg, let it generate another egg, reject that egg, and then keep the 3rd egg.

Roamers might also throw it off and I know listening to the radio does so kill any roamers and don't touch the radio if you are.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I usually hatch the Pokemon on my game first and verify if it has the right IVs. Maybe you're not missing anything but an NPCs is advancing some frames for you?

Since you said Joey I'll assume you mean HG/SS.
To advance your egg frame for PID (which decides if it's shiny) you need to reject the egg generated from the daycare man.

So for example if you want an egg PID on frame 3 you let it generate an egg, reject the egg, let it generate another egg, reject that egg, and then keep the 3rd egg.

Roamers might also throw it off and I know listening to the radio does so kill any roamers and don't touch the radio if you are.
I've done that. I had an egg frame of 8 and what I did was call Joey 3 times, reject the first egg and saved when the daycare man had the second egg.

I usually hatch the Pokemon on my game first and verify if it has the right IVs. Maybe you're not missing anything but an NPCs is advancing some frames for you?
Isn't that for hatching for the ivs part? I'm trying to get shininess. Also, does everstone affect the shiny egg?

What you mean skip entei? Just don't KO it :] and it won't respawn. Latias will still be frame 1, only thing is that you will have to rely on chatot to verify your seed
Thank you for before. Caught the Shiny Latias today and Entei's just sitting there until some good move tutor comes out.

-James

Hi I'm really fairly new to RNG and smogon. I usually just lurk.

I had a question I was just trying to set up a time seed and see if i could hit it and verify. Except I couldnt hit the target time or delay and I dont know how to check what seed I ended up getting. After reading the guide I still don't understand alot.

I can catch a wild pokemon >L50 then up the rng to hatch a shiny egg and thats about it. So after doing this and getting 10 shinies I thought I would up the difficulty a little bit.

I calibrated and almost always got 7 seconds and a delay of 610 when resetting on the :00 second mark. I look up some random junk and moved my ds time to a target time of 00:32:15 considering it took me 15 seconds to continue evn tho my calibration said 7.

After trying multiple time I couldnt hit the correct time or delay. So before advancing I would like some tips because I really don't understand the guide at all. First I would ike to know how to check my seed if i miss because I would hate to have to catch the legendary if it was >50 and check its stats just to get my seed every time I fail.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
In D,P, and PT you can use the coin flip app to verify the seed. On the timer finder, right click on the seed you want and click on adjacent times. I would also recommend using eaotimer, as with it, you don't have to calibrate.

In D,P, and PT you can use the coin flip app to verify the seed. On the timer finder, right click on the seed you want and click on adjacent times. I would also recommend using eaotimer, as with it, you don't have to calibrate.
I'm sorry I guess I worded it wrong after rereading.
Okay like I said I just loooked up a random thing as if it where the frame I wanted. I set my time according to it. I tried 10 times to get the seed correctly verifiying the seed using coin flip to check. But all 10 times I had failed to hit the correct seed.

Before dabbling deeper into the RNG I wanted to ask how to see what seed I did get while attempting to go for a different seed but failing to hit the later (correct) seed, without having to either catch the legendary or go and catch a >50 monster.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry I guess I worded it wrong after rereading.
Okay like I said I just loooked up a random thing as if it where the frame I wanted. I set my time according to it. I tried 10 times to get the seed correctly verifiying the seed using coin flip to check. But all 10 times I had failed to hit the correct seed.

Before dabbling deeper into the RNG I wanted to ask how to see what seed I did get while attempting to go for a different seed but failing to hit the later (correct) seed, without having to either catch the legendary or go and catch a >50 monster.
In the Seed to Time window, you can search for the sequence of coin flips you got. Catching high level mons to check the IVs should never be necessary any more.

Oh why not? if it helps I went and read alot of pages back and see theres an RNGreporter 9.6 or something i downloaded one from a link on the first page so the only thing I'm using to RNG is reporter8.31

I also read that there is pokerng, eontimer, and other stuff.
I'm just really confused with this stuff.
I'm still just setting up a random seed with different dates/times and I've tried 20 times and hit the correct seed once. Out of luck I suppose.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Oh why not? if it helps I went and read alot of pages back and see theres an RNGreporter 9.6 or something i downloaded one from a link on the first page so the only thing I'm using to RNG is reporter8.31

I also read that there is pokerng, eontimer, and other stuff.
I'm just really confused with this stuff.
I'm still just setting up a random seed with different dates/times and I've tried 20 times and hit the correct seed once. Out of luck I suppose.
Ok, you're probably used to the old method, which is why this is confusing. Here's the basics for what you need to do now:

1) With EonTimer, there's no upper limit to delay other than how long you're willing to wait. So when you're searching for a seed, you can set the maximum delay to a much higher number if you want to (I've gone as high as 20,000 before). This can let you find spreads on lower frames, which makes it a lot easier.
2) Once you've found a seed, right-click Generate More Times and pick a time you like. Input the delay and the seconds value of that time into EonTimer's Target Delay/Seconds fields. Don't change the calibrated values, it'll take care of that for you later.
3) Now go to the clock on your DS, change the date to whatever you picked, and set the time to whatever hour/minute you picked, minus the number of minutes in EonTimer's "Minutes before target" display. Press A to confirm the time change at the same time you press Start on EonTimer.
4) At this point, you can either hard reset or soft reset. If you hard reset, you want to press A to select the game from the main DS menu when the first timer ends. If you soft reset, you want to get into the game, hold down L+R+Start+Select, and then release them when the first timer ends. Both ways work fine, but once you choose one, you need to keep doing it that way. Either way, stop at the next menu and hit Continue when the second timer ends.
5) Now that you're in the game, do your coin flips. Go back to the Seed to Time window and look at the bottom half of it. Make sure the delays range is set to at least +/- 100 or so, you probably won't be very close on your first try. Hit Generate, then Search Flips. Enter the flips you got, then Ok. Take whatever delay it tells you you hit, put it into the bottom field of EonTimer, and hit Update.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 until you can consistently hit near your target delay.

Hopefully that all made sense, let me know if you didn't understand something.

Ok I've been trying for about two hours and Haven't hit the seed once eontimer is seriosly retarded with all the beeping.

time finder>shiny egg>input year,month,day, second, delay, ID & SID, and nature > generate> rightclick generate more times > pick a time

then i proceed to SR for the seed. Two hours and I havent hit the seed once. Standing in front of the daycare lady.

From what I can tellim soft resetting very close to the end timer and last beep.
Continuing very close to the end of second timer and last beep.

EDIT: Oh I forgot everytime I do the coin flip and then search flips IT always comes up flip not found

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ok I've been trying for about two hours and Haven't hit the seed once eontimer is seriosly retarded with all the beeping.

time finder>shiny egg>input year,month,day, second, delay, ID & SID, and nature > generate> rightclick generate more times > pick a time

then i proceed to SR for the seed. Two hours and I havent hit the seed once. Standing in front of the daycare lady.

From what I can tellim soft resetting very close to the end timer and last beep.
Continuing very close to the end of second timer and last beep.

EDIT: Oh I forgot everytime I do the coin flip and then search flips IT always comes up flip not found
I'd try expanding the search range to a larger seconds/delay range.
If you could post the seed/time you're trying for as well as what coin flips you get that'd help as well.

Also just to clarify, you SR after the first timer. Then you start your game after the second timer.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pretty sure the retarded guy that created the thing made it customizeable. So, you can use it without beeps, or with a longer time in between them. Or less of them!

reading the revised 4th gen rng guide and I'm a bit confused on a specific step. I'm trying to get my shiny egg and I'm on the "seed to time" window step. Do I need to record my roamer locations at this point or no? I've noticed in the example screenshot that he doesn't post his roamer locations but he keeps the boxes checked...just wanna know if I should keep them noted or if I can just go ahead and generate.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
reading the revised 4th gen rng guide and I'm a bit confused on a specific step. I'm trying to get my shiny egg and I'm on the "seed to time" window step. Do I need to record my roamer locations at this point or no? I've noticed in the example screenshot that he doesn't post his roamer locations but he keeps the boxes checked...just wanna know if I should keep them noted or if I can just go ahead and generate.
You only need to record the roamer locations if you're using them to verify your seed. Otherwise, they don't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)