Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Another question, in eontimer the "delay hit" field is for the delay you when trying to hit your original seed, correct? (my target delay is 548 and I hit 588)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Another question, in eontimer the "delay hit" field is for the delay you when trying to hit your original seed, correct? (my target delay is 548 and I hit 588)
It's for calibration. So when you hit 588 instead of 548 you enter 588 into the delay hit field and press update and it'll update the calibration values.

Is there any way to try and practice hitting your seeds with eontimer? I'm trying to get my shiny seed and no matter what,I always seem to be 2 seconds below my target time and my frame is always above the target frame (i.e. I have a target time of 13:33:30 and frame of 998 and my time is 13:33:28 with a frame of 1021)

I've been trying to hit my frame for about 20 minutes now with no results and I'm actually starting to get a bit bothered. I even went into options and changed Console (under Timer) to DSI -which I'm using- with no noticeable results. =\

Do I just need to calibrate manually and if so, is there some sort of guide on that?

edit: I changed all information back to default save for calibrated seconds (I upped it to 16 to see if it would help, it didn't) so I think I'm gonna just call it quits on using my DSi for this - gonna try to get my hands on a DSlite instead.

Is there any way to try and practice hitting your seeds with eontimer? I'm trying to get my shiny seed and no matter what,I always seem to be 2 seconds below my target time and my frame is always above the target frame (i.e. I have a target time of 13:33:30 and frame of 998 and my time is 13:33:28 with a frame of 1021)

I've been trying to hit my frame for about 20 minutes now with no results and I'm actually starting to get a bit bothered. I even went into options and changed Console (under Timer) to DSI -which I'm using- with no noticeable results. =\

Do I just need to calibrate manually and if so, is there some sort of guide on that?

edit: I changed all information back to default save for calibrated seconds (I upped it to 16 to see if it would help, it didn't) so I think I'm gonna just call it quits on using my DSi for this - gonna try to get my hands on a DSlite instead.
Try adding 2 more seconds to your target second.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You only need to record the roamer locations if you're using them to verify your seed. Otherwise, they don't matter.
To be 100% accurate you should record the roamer's location upon saving. If a roamer is "randomly" decided to be put on the route it was at when you saved before it will consume another RNG call. RNG reporter will account for this IF you put in the locations, not just check the box.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yeah, switching it to DSi doesn't have any effect at the moment. There is a difference between the framerate of GBA vs DS. The other options mimic the DS currently, I just wanted to account for them all. Even so, the effect is really only seen in extremely high delay cases.

Anyway, you shouldn't mess with the calibrated seconds. It won't help. I adopted the system from what was already in use at the time. There is only 1 case where I've ever had seconds be off, and that is ID/SID abuse. I assume you're not doing that. Check that you're starting at the correct minute and pay close attention to the "minutes before" underneat of the time display.

Don't know if this was already addressed but anyway concerning Emerald's Safari Zone I've noted that the encounter slots are somewhat off, and finally found why; actually for a given frame Pokémon generated in Safari Zone use the encounter slot from the previous frame (though everything else for remain unchanged for that frame, meaning that only and only the encounter slot change).

For example consider the following sequence:
Code:
Frame: Encounter slot:
4912   7
4913   0
4914   2
4915   1
4916   6
4917   5
This sequence is right, however in Emerald's Safari Zone the sequence should be:
Code:
Frame: Encounter slot:
4912   3 (from frame 4911)
4913   7 (from frame 4912)
4914   0 (from frame 4913)
4915   2 (from frame 4914)
4916   1 (from frame 4915)
4917   6 (from frame 4916)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Don't know if this was already addressed but anyway concerning Emerald's Safari Zone I've noted that the encounter slots are somewhat off, and finally found why; actually for a given frame Pokémon generated in Safari Zone use the encounter slot from the previous frame (though everything else for remain unchanged for that frame, meaning that only and only the encounter slot change).
Thanks for posting that. I'll look into it further and fix it in the next version of RNG Reporter.

Does changing the delay in seed to time (I have it currently set at +/-2) change anything when it comes to hitting my seed? I'm still off my two seconds and I've killed all my roamers (as I thought that was causing issues with my seed - wrong I guess) and am really unsure on what to do.

Do I hit A on the last beep or before it? I'm just trying to cover all my bases. :(

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Change it to +/-0. As you're using eontimer you might be actually hitting your seed; because the reporter gives only the first positive it could be giving you a true negative or false positive? lol

You usually hit A milliseconds before the timeout; which would be on the last beep or before, depending on how fast you receive the sound.
Still, in most cases the delay you hit will be a bit of (I'm, for example, always 20 units too early). If your are using the EonTimer, you may tell it which one your hit (Delay Hit), so the timer will adjust itself according to your personal timing. You can do it manually, too: Just look up which seed you have hit and tell the timer you want to try to hit it later. For example: If you want to hit the seed with the delay of 617, but somehow always hit at 597, you may try 637 next time.

I've got a question for myself: The DPP guide is referring to Monster Frames. What are these? I always screw up the termini because the word "frame" has loads of meanings. Let's take the unit of the delay for example: I always though of them as "frames", for the refresh rate is 60 frames per second. Unfortunately frames also adresses the offspring of a seed, and now Monster Frame?
We suspect it is equal to Encounter Slot, isn't it?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've got a question for myself: The DPP guide is referring to Monster Frames. What are these? I always screw up the termini because the word "frame" has loads of meanings. Let's take the unit of the delay for example: I always though of them as "frames", for the refresh rate is 60 frames per second. Unfortunately frames also adresses the offspring of a seed, and now Monster Frame?
We suspect it is equal to Encounter Slot, isn't it?
Those other uses are the most technically accurate use of the term, but when this stuff was put together, it was called 1 thing and never got changed.

It's a good guess, but that is not it. A monster frame is the frames that are advanced automatically during an encounter with a specific pokemon. So, for whatever reason, when you run into a poke with a monster frame of 3, 3 frames are advanced before the actual pokemon is generated.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
"Frames" come from 3rd gen where the PRNG advanced once per video frame not counting any other PRNG advancement. It's a misnomer now.

It's a good guess, but that is not it. A monster frame is the frames that are advanced automatically during an encounter with a specific pokemon. So, for whatever reason, when you run into a poke with a monster frame of 3, 3 frames are advanced before the actual pokemon is generated.
Thanks for the clarification. That would explain why my fossils never match my expectations.

"Frames" come from 3rd gen where the PRNG advanced once per video frame not counting any other PRNG advancement. It's a misnomer now.
"Video frames" can probably be used to distinguish between, well, the terminus technicus and "the other frames", but it also probably will confuse new ones even more. Somewhat dissatisfying, isn't it?

Pokeradar abuse

In my Pearl version, I tried to abuse for a pokeradar exclusive pokemon (bagon) on route 210 North, which means the pokemon appears at frame 6, 7, 10, or 11. After using the pokeradar and making a rare patch appear (which is supposed to include the pokeradar exclusive mon), I advanced to a frame for encounter slot 6, and I did not get the radar mon, just a common one (machoke at encounter slot 6). Then I hit my seed again and instead advanced to a frame for encounter slot 11, and successfully encountered the radar exclusive mon (bagon).

Why would encounter slot 6 not yield the radar exclusive mon, even though I got the rare patch to appear?

Trying to get an ID/SID of my choice in HG. I got to the last step where I have to input the Trainer ID obtained into Pandoras Box did it a few times and updated EonTimer now when I try to find compatible seeds reads 0 seeds found. Did I do something wrong? Help would be awesome been at it for about 30 mins already.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Trying to get an ID/SID of my choice in HG. I got to the last step where I have to input the Trainer ID obtained into Pandoras Box did it a few times and updated EonTimer now when I try to find compatible seeds reads 0 seeds found. Did I do something wrong? Help would be awesome been at it for about 30 mins already.
Try searching a larger delay range and maybe the next or previous minute.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Isn't Pandora's Box buggy in 9.95? Anyways the seconds for the seed you get should be 3 off from the target unless you adjust for it manually.

Try searching a larger delay range and maybe the next or previous minute.
Where am I doing this? In the 4th Gen Time Finder?

Isn't Pandora's Box buggy in 9.95? Anyways the seconds for the seed you get should be 3 off from the target unless you adjust for it manually.
Im actually running 9.96. The time im aiming for is 10:12:30. So should I change the Target Sec to 27 on the EonTimer? BTW HUGE fan of your work Hozu got a couple of your poke's through trades in White and inspired me to learn to RNG Gen 5.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah that sounds right. Changing the target seconds in EonTimer to 3 less than the given seconds for the seed.

Alright well the 3 second off trick worked once then never again lol I'll try to start over with a new seed or somethin'. Gen 5 RNG is a walk in the park compared to Gen 4

Has anyone looked into the RNG of the gift eggs in Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire? It would be nice to have a physically-flawless (maybe even shiny) ExtremeSpeed Gluttony Linoone, although I don't see abuse being very practical since in order to check your result, you'd have to transfer your egg to a game, save Box (eliminating the possibility of SRing), and hatch it. It would be fairly easy to send all your Pokémon from Box to R/S/E/FR/LG, delete the save data for Box, start a new file, send the Pokémon back over, and get a new egg though. With the CMOS battery removed from the GCN/Wii, maybe it would be a bit easier like Colosseum/XD.

In any case, I'm curious.

Getting back into RNGing Pokemon again after not playing for 2+ years. But I seem to be having trouble verifying my seed on high delays. Is there any issue with using the 4th gen seed finder on high delays?

I'm basically following Syberia's post for a 2125 delay on Pearl. For the purposes of relearning all the details of RNGing, I've been catching level 45+ Pokemon at Victory Road and inputting the stats into RNGReporter's 4th gen seed finder. But it's coming up with "No reasonable initial seed found" each time. I'm almost certain I entered all the correct info in the date/time fields. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Reason I'm going for a high delay is because I'm not fond of futuristic capture dates and the one low frame seed that fits my needs happens to have a rather low delay (which doesn't jive with Pearl's slow loading title screen intro). If this doesn't work I might have to try dialing back the calendar to the year 2000 and hope I can mash fast enough to get that low delay to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)