The Fury Of The Fluffy Furballs

Hi. I've decided to retire this team, as apparently I'm unable to play competetively anymore. PS! keeps freezing on me and I'm having trouble accessing the PO server (I think someone's got my password :/). Someone bring good ol' Shoddy back! (Naw just kidding, PS! is great, when it, you know, doesn't freeze). I made this team a while back with shnen (although I dunno if he's been using it), and it has served me really, really well. Got around 40 wins and 4 losses with this baby (on the ladder, not neccessarily unrated challenges and that). Peaked at 5, so I did. (If we ban FLCL, wouldn't everyone just be happier?) Anyway, this has been one of my most successful NU teams to date (although I might still have to RMT the Klang one, as Molk will kill me if I don't). It's based on an offensive core of two of B2W2's biggest newcomers, Zangoose and Cinccino. I'm sure all of you have been swept by these monsters before, don't deny it. This is basically just pure, all out offensive slaughter (no setup required, just smash the opponent at the beginning of the match). Oh yeah, and special thanks to sirndpt for the awesome artwork. Oh and before I forget, sorry for all the brackets lol. Just read Bartimaeus, those little extra bits that have to be said bother me if they're, well, not said. So here we go, The Fury of the Fluffy Furballs!

I suppose the team can be devided into three cores. There's my bulky one, with my utility hazard setters/specific troublesome Pokemon counters (Carracosta and Garbodor). Then there's my choiced core, which includes the bulky Golurk and Rotom-S, which provide me with excellent wallbreaking and revenge killing capabilities. Finally, Zangoose and Cinccino are the vicious clean-up crew, that crush opponents with a combination of power, speed and coverage. Can't take a hit to save their lives though...

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Spd / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge -
- Aqua Jet -
- Stealth Rock -
- Toxic -

While technically not my "lead" per se, Carracosta does seem to be the one that gets sent out first the most. This is because the sooner I get the most valuable entry hazard, Stealth Rock, up first, the better. Every team needs something that can stomach moves from Braviary and Swellow; Carracosta is my answer to them. Combined with Solid Rock, the bulky set is really difficult to take down. Stone Edge is an incredibly powerful STAB move that WILL dent everything that doesn't have insane defenses or that resists it. Seeing as Tangela, Shelgon Alomomola and Regirock all fall into this category, Toxic is an amazing move to mess them up for the duration of the match. Stealth Rock is obviously there as it really puts pressure on the powerful Flying-types that reside in the tier (specifically Rotom-S, Swellow, Braviary, Charizard and Articuno). Aqua Jet is a really important move, as it provides insurance against fast and frail Pokemon that Carracosta otherwise wouldn't have a hope in hell of damaging, such as Cinccino, Absol, and obviously Pokemon weak to Water-type moves such as Camerupt and Charizard. Carracosta's dual STAB moves have excellent coverage together in the tier, with one for heavy hitting and one for revenge killing.

Garbodor @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes -
- Clear Smog -
- Gunk Shot / Drain Punch -
- Seed Bomb -

Garbodor forms the second part of my offensive core, and provides me with the incredibly useful Spikes. The extra damage is really useful considering I don't use a setup sweeper; my Pokemon appreciate all the passive damage they can get their paws on. Spikes are also almost guaranteed to stay there once they're set up, as the best (and most common spinner, Armaldo) is hard walled by my Ghost-type. Clear Smog is a very important move on Garbodor, as it allows me to counter the otherwise incredibly threatening Gurdurr, and generally prevents me from simply being setup bait. Gunk Shot is a powerful, if incredibly unreliable move that can really smack incoming Exeggutor/frailmons. For this reason, I use Drain Punch just as much Gunk Shot, constantly flitting between the two as I've still not made my mind up about which one is better. Gunk Shot has that nice chance to poison as well, and is more powerful than a super effective Drain Punch, but Garbodor really likes the additional healing that Drain Punch provides, and it means that Garbodor is no longer helpess against Probopass (and Klang, to a certain degree). Finally, Seed Bomb lets me smack around Golem and Carracosta, although I'm also considering using Toxic on Garbodor, for similar reasons to why I chose it on Carracosta.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Air Slash -
- Volt Switch -
- Thunderbolt -
- Trick -

Okey dokey, I said that this was an offensive team, and now we've finally gotten to that bit. This is the first time I've used Rotom-S, and by God is it great. Some very nifty resistances, along with above average power and bulk make this a core Pokemon on my team. When I said that Carracosa often leads, I forgot to mention that he's normally brought in by a Volt Switch from this dude. If my opponent lacks a Ground-type, I will almost always lead with Rotom, to get some free damage from Volt Switch. The damage this moves racks up in conjunction with entry hazards really is fantastic. It also lets me put Gorebyss into a checkmate position, forcing my opponent to lose the eel or to lose momentum. But he's not limited to one move. Air Slash is extremely impportant, as it allows me to revenge kill a whole load of threatening sweepers, including Salac Berry Pinsir, Sawsbuck, Fighting-types, etc. You get the picture. Thunderbolt is there for lack of better options, but is my best move when I want to go on a little endgame sweep with Rotom, as it's his most powerful and reliable move. Finally Trick is really the crux of this set, as it can completely screw over walls such as Eviolite mons (I can simply proceed to re-Trick the Eviolite onto an evolved Pokemon, thus basically acting as a Knock Off), and bulky Fighting-types such as Throh that can absorb an Air Slash are instantly crippled by it. Rotom can also form a mini-VoltTurn chain with Cinccino, which is cool.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 172 Spd / 252 Atk / 84 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake -
- Shadow Punch -
- Ice Punch -
- Drain Punch -

I truly am thankful to shnen for insisting that we use CB Golurk. If he hadn't I'd probably have ended up with the far less useful SubPunch or even "shudder" the SR set. Basically, as Molk put it: "Its a 9 foot tall possesed mecha that can fly, of course its going to smash shit". Couldn't have put it better myself. I basically use Golurk to soften up the opposing team so that Cinccino and Zangoose can come in and basically clean up. Iron Fist is THE ability for Golurk, far better than No Guard and Dynamic Punch. With it, it basically boosts the BP of Shadwo Punch to 72, and of Ice and Drain Punch to 90. Practically all teams have a Ground-type immunity, so I have to wait before I use Earthquake. To be honest though this isn't a problem, as Golurk can catch incoming Balloon Probopass and birds very hard with Drain Punch/Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Punch is mainly only used for Musharna and Duosion, but that's fine, of both of them are very legitimate threats. Earthquake is massively powerful, and it demolishes the common Regenerator core of Amoonguss and Alomomola, as both are outsped and 2HKOd. As I mentioned before, Golurk is my spinblocker, and a fantastic one at that. The brilliant resistances to both Rock and Fighting means that he can cheerfully come in on most Fighting-types, only really fearing Ice Punch from the likes of Sawk.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat -
- Night Slash -
- Quick Attack -
- Facade -

Here we have it: literally one of the most powerful Pokemon in NU. I'm pretty sure that most people already know what Zangoose does, but I'll sum it up: a 210 BP move coming from 493 Attack hurts EVERYTHING. Nothing can reliably counter Zangoose, not even Ghost.types, as Zangoose is immune to their STAB moves and cannot be burned because he'll, be, well, poisoned. Meanwhile, Night Slash can hack them to pieces. Oh yeah, due to being poisoned, Zangoose can act as a switchin to status moves (Spore) and get off a free Facade. Close Combat obviously nails the Rock- and Steel- types that resist my STAB move (altough it won't kills the bulkier ones like Regirock, Golem and Carracosta at full health). The latter two can also hit me with priority, which I have to avoid. Quick Attack is extremely useful, as not only does it let me bypass Sucker Punch from Absol and Skuntank, it's also one of the best ways to safely activate Toxic Orb: revenge kill fast (and thus probably frail) Pokemon at around 25% health, and come out with the TO boost. Many people have asked me why I don't use Swords Dance. The answer is that I find SD incredibly difficult to set up, due to frailty, and it means that I'd have to sacrifice one of CC, NS or QA, which imo are all equally valuable. Also, Zangoose doen't NEED a SD boost if he has entry hazard support; he hits so damn hard anyway it barely makes a difference.

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed -
- Rock Blast -
- Tail Slap -
- U-turn -

Many people say that this is the most broken Pokemon in the tier. I argue, coming up with lame excuses like "it's so frail, it's got no resistances, etc." Although since I'm posting the team, I can say that my main excuse was because I didn't want to lose it on my team :P. Cinccino is a truly frightening late-game sweeper, that can also come in earlygame and squeeze off a Tail Slap there, or a Bullet Seed here. U-Turn is really only filler in the last slot, but it does have its uses, as it forms a cute mini VoltTurn thing with Rotom, and can be used in the lead position to break Sturdys. Also, since Cinccino forces all those switches, it can gain me some momentum when I need it. Tail Slap is obviously the STAB move of choice, and it, along with the other multi-hitting moves, means that while Cinccino is alive I won't be swept by any annoying Substitute users such as Haunter, Gardevoir, Charizard, etc. Bullet Seed is very useful, not only for its ability to maim bulky water-types, but because of tis perfect accuracy. Often I'll use it instead of Tail Slap on foes neutral to it when I know what I can kill it off, becuase Tail Slap can unfortunately miss at the worst moments. Rock Blast is actually not used that much, but it breaks Ninjask, Articuno, Charizard and Haunter, conveniently all Pokemon who like to use Substitute as well. The sad thing is that it's even more accurate than Tail Slap :/. Everyone knows what Cinccino does, it's the ultimate late game sweeper, and I use it as such.

So thanks for reading my RMT! As I said, I've mainly retired this because I can't seem to play anymore, but also because Cinccino and Zangoose might eventually be leaving us, which would leave this team in a pickle. Although I wonder how a triple Normal offense with Sheer Force Tauros would work out... Something to think about for sure :P​

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
The first thing I notice about this team is the massive weakness to Water-types. You have no resistances to it at all, and only Rotom-S and (lol) Garbodor can hit them super effectively. Rain sweepers can basically come in and OHKO every member of your team with ease since Rotom-S is outrun by everything faster than Gorebyss in the rain. One of the countermeasures you can take against this is replacing Garbodor with Cacturne, who gives you a pivot against Water-type attackers. It's not going to be beating them one-on-one anytime soon since they usually carry a coverage move to deal with Grass-types, but at least it can smack Ludicolo and friends for good damage with Sucker Punch. Most teams only carry one or two Water-types (unless you are Raseri) so you should be able to play around them with the amount of priority you have.

Summary of changes:

Garbodor —> Cacturne

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Encore

Great team and good luck with it!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, with Cacturne, you're just making it easier for Gurdurr to sweep you. But then again, you can always revenge kill with Rotom-S and Golurk. As for Carracosta, I kinda have to say that Golem could be better in this situation, as otherwise opposing Rotom-S are also troublesome. Sure, Water-types are now extremely dangerous, Floatzel being very much so. But seeing as Cacturne can Sucker Punch its Ice Punches and Banded Aqua Jet against Cacturne is a 6-7HKO, I think you can afford to do so. Since your team is so offensive anyways, it'll be hard for Water-types to set up against you regardless. And on the plus side, it gives you an extra answer to SubDisable Haunter since Cinccino can't really switch into it since Sludge Bomb/HP Fighting KOs.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that I can recommend that won't ruin the overall strategy of this team. It's a shame that you can't play as much anymore (f***ing Showdown), but it would be an even greater shame to retire this team completely. If I find anything that may help or hinder your team, I'll be sure to let you know though.

Oh, and Agent Dell would also like me to point you to the NU Threatlist, but obviously its not necessary. :pimp:

PS- I had no idea badgeholders could ignore the 10 day wait period between RMTs, but then again I know next to nothing about forums. :toast:

I never noticed that I didn't have any Water-type resistances, but FLCL you're forgetting that Cinccino has a 125 BP super effective move that it can use against them ;)

However, two of the times I've lost is because I've been at the mercy of a Rain team. The main problem is Volbeat, who can set up a priority Rain Dance, and against which I can do nothing. Cacturne seems interesting, it's always been a Pokemon that I've wanted to try out. However, I believe Water Absorb is released (although I can never remember what's illegal with it), so I'd probably pick that if I can. I THINK Encore's the illegal move, which is okay, as I'd just use a more offensive set with Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Bullet Seed and Spikes. And I suppose Gurdurr is already somewhat covered by Golurk and Rotom-S...

WhiteDMist, thanks for the rate. It's true that Rotom-S can be difficult for my team, but keep in mind that it cannot spam its Electric-type moves with Golurk around. If I take FLCL's suggestion of Cacturne, then I'd also have powerful priority to hit it with. Carracosta can take Water-type moves and retaliate with a Stone Edge or Toxic, depending on whether the opponent is offensive or defensive. If I used Golem, then my weakness to Water-types would increase dramatically.

And I think that you can post two RMTs, as long as they're different tiers. I've obviously used both teams extensively, it's not like I'm just churning them out lol. It's just I posted two teams of the two tiers I play most frequently :P

Really nice team you made there but just as the other's said you have a huge water weakness.
Cacturne, I agree would fit you team well but maybe try this one over cacturne (its damn underrated if you ask me!)

Maractus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Leech Seed
It can set up Spikes like Cacturne can and even have a water immunity.
Leech Seed to support your team with a little recovery and to slowly damage an opponent Mon. Protect is to scout moves and to gain Leech Seed recovery if needed.
Giga Drain is mainly there to do not become a tauntbait + stab move + recovery.

I also used a CB-Golurk on my own NU team and I realized that it often forced a ton of switches... thats why I'm using a sub-punching set like this now; maybe you wanna test it:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake

I've tested SubPunch Golurk, and, while t's certainly a good set, this team simply prefers the pure power that comes with Choce Band. I need the ability to demolish the Regenerator core, which is something that SubPunch Golurk can't provide me with.

However, Maractus looks like a very colorful and cool option. I'll be testing that out after Cacturne, thanks for the recommendation :P Although wouldn't a Specially Defensive spread help me more, something to take those Ice Beams?

I've tested SubPunch Golurk, and, while t's certainly a good set, this team simply prefers the pure power that comes with Choce Band. I need the ability to demolish the Regenerator core, which is something that SubPunch Golurk can't provide me with.

However, Maractus looks like a very colorful and cool option. I'll be testing that out after Cacturne, thanks for the recommendation :P Although wouldn't a Specially Defensive spread help me more, something to take those Ice Beams?
If a CB-Gollurk works better for you, sure - than keep it (:

To Maractus, NU is most likely more of an hard hitting physicaly based meta (except the like of specs Glaceon with the 2nd strongest Ice Beam out there...). Sure you can test a special defensive variant but I really can't see if it will work out well... just test it ((:

What you team also lacks is to take on a strong ice move... I just realized that...

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If a CB-Gollurk works better for you, sure - than keep it (:

To Maractus, NU is most likely more of an hard hitting physicaly based meta (except the like of specs Glaceon with the 2nd strongest Ice Beam out there...). Sure you can test a special defensive variant but I really can't see if it will work out well... just test it ((:

What you team also lacks is to take on a strong ice move... I just realized that...
Yes, the Ice weakness is very obvious, but the only things that really use Ice moves are Water-types (which already present a problem), slow special Ice Pokes (only Scarf Glaceon and Lapras with a DD can be considered fast), or have priority. Since this is an offensive team, it really isn't worth removing something simply for that (besides, most of the team roles are necessary and only the hazard setters can really be replaced easily. Most SR setters are weak to Ice or Water anyways). Maracus is interesting though, shame abut giving up priority but you can't have everything I guess.

Yes, the Ice weakness is very obvious, but the only things that really use Ice moves are Water-types (which already present a problem), slow special Ice Pokes (only Scarf Glaceon and Lapras with a DD can be considered fast), or have priority. Since this is an offensive team, it really isn't worth removing something simply for that (besides, most of the team roles are necessary and only the hazard setters can really be replaced easily. Most SR setters are weak to Ice or Water anyways). Maracus is interesting though, shame abut giving up priority but you can't have everything I guess.
Yeah... I think you can play around water / ice types to get them out of the way...

Scarfed Glaceon and DD + 3 attacks Lapras would be still very huge threats (Lapras after 2x DD, outspeeding Scarf Rotom-Fan, if Lapras is Jolly...).
Seismitoad, Ludicolo, Swanna, Floatzel, SS-Carracosta, RP-Relicanth... mostly all strong water types are threats to this team... and there are alot of them in NU...

Anyway's Rain-Teams are not that common... I use one on my own but I do not face other rain teams that often... just about 2-3 in one week...

Yeah, the point is basically the following: while Water-types are a pain, but Rotom and Cinccino can kill them, and the Water Absorb Cacturne I have planned can come in on their STAB moves. Turns out Bullet Seed is illegal with WA, so I'll just use Seed Bomb. I always have Cinccino to beat Sturdy users. Also, the point was brought up that I just keep massie offensve pressure on the opponent. While Rain teams do admittedly give me a LOT of trouble, they're so rare that I don't plan to really make any other big changes, as the offensive synergy that I've got is pretty good imo.

And Carracosta resists Ice, which is always cool.

This is a great team but the one issue i had with it was that it was completely walled by defensive utility weezing. I also found that cincinno is fairly obsolete offering only grass type coverage over the much more powerful zangoose. I decided to switch out cincinno for musharna as a bulky cleric that can easily OHKO most weezing. It also rids golurk of the burns that weezing loves to dish out with heal bell. Bulky waters can be worn down with volt switch anyway and golurk can easily handle the bulkiest rock types in the tier with drain punch. Hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)