Ages Come and Pass (Hyper Offense in BW2)

The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

With the coming of Black and White 2, I came to the realization that some of the most amazing Pokemon, or their certain movesets, are being overlooked. But, as you have read, the Wheel must turn once more, providing room for the old to blend with the new.

Welcome, everyone

Let's take a look at the Team Building Process..

To be completely honest, I just wanted to test physical Meloetta (yus, I am aware you can't legally start out physical. There is a song for that). So, this is a beginning.

Next, to fit in to the current metagame, I figured I would try out Keldeo. Synergy wasn't thought of at this point, just fun. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills.

To finalize my Bw2 trio, I went ahead and added a somewhat generous Pokemon, being Thundurus. It has massive Special attack, and decent speed, making for a great offensive trio. Tears are for after; they only waste time.

To add more to the offensive prowess my team seemed to be making, I put Haxours in. The decision of what set to pick was weighed heavily, but Dragon Dance seemed most effective. Death is lighter than a feather; duty heavier than a mountain.

This next guy probably made you lose all respect for me. He was added after many other guys. As stated, this team is full of Pokemon I wanted to test. And, simply put, Cloyster seems to threaten the general public this time around. It is an abused pokemon; abused to the point of people thinking it sucks. It is possible to oppose evil without doing violence... Violence harms the doer as much as the victim.

Looking at my team now, you're probably thinking by now that I am just adding in the strongest guys I can find. While this is partially true, Latios is the most important Pokemon on this team. Hopefully I will see a spike in this set's usage; it is what makes this team. You men, always thinking with either your muscles or your hearts, and never your heads.

After testing, due to afterburn's advice, I decided that Dugtrio get the official spot on this team > Meloetta. Meloetta really didn't do much, and was only there as a test. So, there is an update. Im still not certain about Espeon > Latios. It's super great and there isn't really a reason not to use it, I just really like screens + Memento. Still, Im testing both.

Honestly, on my current team, there is little reason to use Latios instead of Espeon. The extra Dragon Typing only makes my team even weaker to Ice types, while Espeon is just all around good. It doesn't, though, help against the Genesect problem.
Let's Continue.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
- Stone Edge

Originally in this place was the ever careful Meloetta. However, after testing, Dugtrio proved that it had better work. With more than decent speed, it can Earthquake and Memento/Sucker Punch many of the steel types that would otherwise harm this team. Stone Edge is valuable, as it hits Tornadus-T hard, which outspeeds everything on my team if I can't get a boost.

Though this Pokemon is weaker than it needs to be, it's Speed and ability give it this slot in my team. Scizor is very annoying for this set, and for the same case Genesect, because of their abilities and typing. Also, U-Turn is no fun either.

Earthquake is the main Stab option, as Arena Trap keeps in the opponent to Dugtrio can deal damage with it's Stab and then go from there. Stone Edge hits flying types, which, as stated, are a general threat (Thundurus-T, Tornadus(-T)). Sucker Punch is good to finish off the opponent if they outspeed and bring me down to my sash, which is always good. I chose Memento instead of Stealth Rocks, because it also helps my team's Sweepers set up easier.

Keldeo-Resolution @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Keldeo is an interesting Pokemon, and finds great use on this team. It almost always gets a chance to set up a Calm Mind, and it's movepool is more than decent. The main Pokemon that it doesn't enjoy seeing is Amoonguss. It can tank all of it's hits, and use Spore/ attempt to Giga Drain in return. If it does kill it, though, Thundurus can come in and revenge kill from whatever range I left it at.

This is another Pokemon that is super fast, and hits hard with a Calm Mind under it's belt. If the opponent doesn't have any decent enough counters, Keldeo can easily clear the table. It is also really great at countering Rain Teams, which seem to exist more than ever before.

The moveset is fairly general, but powerful at that. Hydro Pump is the main Stab option, seeing as it hits harder than Surf and Scald, and I don't need the burn/require the accuracy on a team as offensive as this. Secret Sword allows it to become sort of a Mixed attacker, as it hits the opponents defense as a Special move. This is extremely good in the case of Blissey, which has never been a bother to this team anyway. Hidden Power Ghost is strictly for Ghost types or possibly Latios/Latias, if I want to stay in. It hits them decently hard, but after some Calm Minds, I find it easy to sweep.

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk/ 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

I am unable to stress how amazing a Pokemon Thundurus-T is. It's Special Attack is more than most teams can handle, and it loves to boast about it. It's spot on the team is very great, as it covers Keldeo's and Cloyster's Electric and Grass type weaknesses, while gaining Hp from the former. As powerful as it is, Stealth Rocks still harm it.

Seeing as this thing forces switches, I figured Modest Life Orb and Agility would haul out the damage, and make the opposing team think twice before bringing in a counter. Blissey doesn't particularly enjoy taking a Focus Blast on the switch, while no Pokemon likes seeing this thing Set up an Agility.

It's moves were pretty fun to play around with. Obviously Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice were almost obligatory, for perfect coverage and ridiculous power with Modest Life Orb. I tested out Nasty Plot for a long time, but the speed really hindered my potential. So, I ended up with Agility so that I could hit harder and faster than just about anything. Focus Blast was chosen instead of Grass Knot, because it takes out Tyranitar and Heatran in the sand, which can be very tricky to deal with.

Cloyster @ Lum Berry
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash

The ever-so popular Shell Smashing Cloyster makes an odd appearance to my team. I mean, I already have Keldeo, and Thunderurs-T to hit everything this thing hits. However, Shell Smash is almost invaluable, because my team likes all the power it can muster.

Priority kills this thing if I'm not careful (Cloyter's defences are pretty great). I try not to utilize it until late game, or after all of the super effective priority users have gone down. This is especially difficult with Conkeldurr, if the opponent is smart with it. All I can do is rely on partners, if they are. Lum Berry was Chosen for burns, but Im thinking about White Herb, or possibly Focus Sash.

Shell Smash is the only reason this clam makes an appearance on this team at all. The offensive momentum it provides by adding speed and attack is almost too much to pass. Icicle Spear is the main Stab option if it's neutral, because, with Skill Link, it hits Five times for a lot of damage each hit. Rock Blast gives better coverage, while still hitting five times. I chose Razor Shell instead of Hydro Pump So I could be walled by Skarmory a bit because I find the increase in power is amazing, and I like to keep the moves all in the same category with Evs that this Pokemon runs.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Outrage

This is definitely the main sweeper of the team, and with good reason. It boasts more than decent attacking stats, and Dragon Dance only adds to that, while boosting it's speed as well (which can be a letdown as times). It cleans out almost any team with the support that Latios brings.

Haxorus is really good offensively, but it's defenses are massively lacking for it to set up easily. Being weak to common attacking types such as Dragon and Ice doesn't help it at all, and Haxorus is easily outsped and kod if it doesn't Dragon Dance first. That being said, once at +2 Attack and Speed, Haxorus is able to wreak havoc. Outrage becomes an ohko on just about every Pokemon that doesn't resist it, and ones that do either die to Earthquake, or are named Skarmory. Lum Berry is chosen for Burns/Confusions.

Dragon Dance was chosen over Swords Dance because Haxorus really needs speed to take on all of the incredibly fast new guys. Outrage is super powerful, and annihilates Pokemon that don't resist it. Earthquake, together with Mold Breaker, easily take out Rotom-Ws that generally dont think about the ability (or ones that have to stay in). Brick Break is chosen mainly for Skarmory, but it can stop Tyranitar in it's tracks too. Outrage really does plow through teams.

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power Fire
- Toxic

I understand now, the meaning of true companionship. Espeon is generally here to set up the screens, which it can do more than once. That's more than the former Latios could generally do. In any case, it's adorable too.

As long as the opponent leads not with Genesect, screens are typically easy to set up. I play suicidal if my team will only need screens once, but that is a rare case. I like keeping Espeon alive so that other can have a turn, instead of my only having one chance with Memento Latios. Also, keeping it alive provides for my opponent having less of a chance of getting Hazards up.

Depending on what side of the spectrum the opponent appears to be hitting from, that is the screen I will use. Espeon is bulky enough and fast enough to get them both up on the same go, even if her Hp is half. I chose Hidden Power Fire instead of Psychic because this team doesn't like Bug/Steel type Pokemon. Toxic is used to cripple defensive leads, as well as Pokemon wishing to set up.

Thank you for reading, my fellows.

Threats (obviously not done):
Amoonguss: It's very annoying to deal with, as it can easily put a Pokemon to sleep while taking a hit. It's not a threat, as much as an annoyance.
Genesect: It has to be predicted around, that's really the only way. Maybe if I have some Dragon Dances or Shell Smashed up I can outspeed and ohko it. On occasion, anyway.
Trick Room: Oh my. I love Trick Room so much. But, honestly, it just ruins everything for me, if I don't have the proper Pokemon out to take care of the opposing Trick Room user or abuser.

Testing:
Latios -- Espeon
Meloetta -- Dugtrio

Cloyster|LumBerry| Razor Shell --- Life Orb|Ice Shard
Thundurus-T|Agility --- Nasty Plot

Importable on request, but, it's not that great.

EDIT: just realized you built this around Meleotta, so replacing that would be a no-no
EDIT2: okay if you say so.. :P

Life Orb Starmie and Latios, LO Alakazam, Venusaur on opposing sun teams and Tornadus-T on Rain teams look like the most troublesome against your team. Starmie can come in on Keldeo as it Calm Minds, Psyshock to KO, then proceed to sweep with Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / T-bolt. You need Latios healthy, because if it Memento'd earlier, then you can't even Light Screen to cushion the blows. LO Latios if it wins the speed tie against your own Latios, can knock it down with Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse, and proceed to sweep the rest of your team. Alakazam is in the same boat as the aforementioned Life Orb attackers, if it starts against Latios, it can launch a Shadow Ball, and then take the rest of your team members out with Psychic + Focus Blast. Venusaur on Sun teams can lull Latios to sleep, and set-up Growth to sweep, or come in on Keldeo (Hydro Pump under the sun is not good, and HP Ghost doesn't KO), and also set-up with Growth to sweep the team. Tornadus can come against Latios before Light Screen goes up Hurricane, or even use Taunt, then one shot everything on your team with Hurricane.

I would try a Dugtrio over Meleotta and a Magic Bounce Espeon over Latios. Meleotta seems like the weakest link of the team. Physical Meleotta offers little over Pokemon which are already Fighting- types such as Terrakion and can hit hard straight off the bat (without wasting a turn off the precious screens). Dugtrio can take out Starmie / Latios / Alakazam with Sucker Punch, and backed by Screens, can come in repeatedly to revenge troublesome Pokemon. Your team also lacks the very crucial Stealth Rock, and Dugtrio can provide that too so you don't miss out on any crucial KOs. With 2 Stealth-rock weak Pokemon, and a Calm Mind user who is ruined by Toxic Spikes, Espeon would seem like a good user of Dual Screens. Same deal as Latios, except you lose Memento for the ability to prevent hazards. With Dugtrio taking care of Tyranitar, Espeon can opt to run Hidden Power Fire to take out Scizor. Toxic in the last slot prevents Volcarona from setting-up on you. You can also elect to run Baton Pass, so you can get to boosting with your sweepers straight away, and the two Pursuit users will be taken care of anyway (Tyranitar by Dugtrio, and Scizor by HP Fire). The loss of Memento isn't too grieving, as Dugtrio can utilize it as well if you're confident that Espeon can get Stealth Rock up by itself with Magic Bounce, as once Dugtrio's done its job of revenge killing, it can cripple the foe and let one of its team members set-up.

Lastly, I'd try Ice Shard with Life Orb over Razor Shell on Cloyster. Razor Shell's primary targets are Heatran and Jirachi, two Pokemon which Dugtrio gets rid off anyway. LO Ice Shard allows you to check Pokemon which the rest of the team has problems against, Tornadus-T and Venusaur.

P.S. You probably know this, but take this is a warning. With no Steel- types, you are open to Dragon- types launching Draco Meteors and Outrages. HOWEVER, you can check them with Cloyster's Ice Shard, and Cloyster can tank one of CB Dragonite's Outrage (the most common user of Outrage) and retaliate with Ice Shard. This is why having a Magic Bounce Espeon is important, since you may find needing to bring Cloyster in to revenge a constant need. I would've suggested a Steel- type like Scizor or Jirachi, but they open you up to more threats (mostly Quiver Dance Volcarona). If your testing doesn't go as well with Dugtrio, then Yache Berry > Lum Berry at the very least should help against Starmie (who will jump at the opportunity to Ice Beam Haxorus for a KO).

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Memento / Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
---

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power Fire / Psychic
- Toxic
---

GL

EDIT: just realized you built this around Meleotta, so replacing that would be a no-no

Yache Berry over Lum Berry on Haxorus
Magic Bounce Espeon over Latios.
Ice Shard with Life Orb over Razor Shell
It wasn't built around Meloetta, per se, that was just a beginning. I actually like your other suggestion of Dugtrio, which I am currently testing (it hasn't been that long, so I can't say how useful it will be in the long run).

Yache Berry > Lum Berry, I believe would apply before Dugtrio switch. In any case, while it isn't bad at all, I am bad and sort of rely on the screens to let Haxorus set up at least one Dragon Dance. After that, it should be able to outspeed and ko.

Also testing Espeon.

This team focuses on weakening the foe a bit, then setting up screens and switching to the appropriate Pokemon to take the rest of the team. I like Razor Shell to hit a bigger majority of Pokemon, however I do agree that Dragons can do a decent chunk (part of the reason Espeon was such a great suggestion).

I'll update this as needed, or possibly just post or whatever. Thanks for the suggestions, they seem really good c:

Edit: Cloyster and Keldeo are sort of redundant together. so I've been trying Breloom instead of Keldeo(physical attackers everywhere), and it is doing pretty good. However, this leaves me susceptible to Ice types (with Afterburn's suggestions as well). Just something. Even Volcarona is being tested :p

Edit2: Change of Dugtrio implemented. Espeon coming soon, in a likely case. But, for now Latios stands for a little longer.

3: Espeon added. I don't really like Cloyster without Razor Shell though. Steel types suck, man.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

This is a cool team however, you might find yourself struggling against fast Pokemon, such as Terrakion (even Scarf can 2HKO all of your team with Close Combat only), Latios (it can escape from Dugtrio thanks to Levitate and wreck something else later), Scarf Moxie Mence, and Gengar. All of these outspeed everything on your team except Dugtrio for some, and can really wreck it. The most threatning about them is that they can deny Espeon from setting up Dual Screen which would help you against them because they directly threaten it with a OHKO, and Espeon being a vital member of this team you do not want to risk it, so it would be safer to do something about these threats. Obviously, Hyper Offense teams are not meant to counter everything nicely but rather just wreck the opponent with pure power however, these threats can sweep you entirely and will deny your sweepers from setting up, which makes you play defensively which will make this kind of team lose. Quite honestly, I don't think Cloyster is that great on that team and even yourself feel like it. I think that Swords Dance Scizor could fit very well over it. Scizor gives your team a semi bulky Steel type, but the best about it is without a doubt Technician Bullet Punch, allowing you to revenge kill these threats with ease while also being able to set up and sweep by itself. Priority is very good on very offensive teams because you can pick off many weakened threats on the revenge kill which makes it easier to deal with common threats.

Stealth Rock would be a very good choice over Memento since it allows you to deal with dangerous threats such as Volcarona and Dragonite better, and you can't really rely on Espeon to get Rocks in for you considering many popular SRers can really threaten it (such as Tyranitar.) Memento is cool but Stealth Rock is generally more useful.

Anyway that's a cool team, here's the set you should use:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Bug Bite
~Superpower

(the Speed investment allows you to outspeed 4 Speed Heatran)

Good luck!

Hi there, got your request.

Nice offensive team, although you do lack Stealth Rock. This is a must on offensive teams as you will find it hard to deal with mons such as Dragonite and Volcarona, who otherwise find it easy plowing through a lot of your team. I'm kind of questioning the role of Espeon on your team, you seem pretty reliant on screens to keep it alive due to it's pretty subpar bulk, even with HP investment. It's also not a reliable way to keep Stealth Rock off your side of the field. Sure, Espeon reflects opposing hazards, but it's pretty easy to predict an Espeon switch and get 2HKO'd by Ferrothorn on the switch in. Once Espeon is down, you have no way to keep hazards off your side of the field, which is annoying for other members of your team. Thundurus cannot continually switch in to Stealth Rock, losing 25% each time you do, the same applies for Cloyster who finds it much harder to set up and Dugtrio whose Focus Sash is broken upon switching in, heavily nerfing the effectiveness of Reversal. To help with this, I recommend a lead Deoxys-D over your current Espeon. Deoxys-D provides you with the Stealth Rock support you need, while also being able to Taunt opposing hazard setters, namely Ferrothorn and Forretress. This set also allows you to deal with said hazard setters with Fire Gem you can dispose of them, giving Haxorus a much easier time setting up. Most importantly, this also gives you a designated lead for your team, rather than Dugtrio. Deoxys-D pretty much guarantees you hazards against most common leads with it's already fantastic bulk, which is essential for turning the 2HKOs of Thundurus and Haxorus into potential OHKOs.

While this does give you a better chance of keeping hazards off your side of the field, it is not really that reliable. When Deoxys-D is gone, you cannot Taunt the aforementioned hazard setters and cannot stop them setting them up. Opposing Dragons such as Scarf Mence also look pretty annoying for you to face, as it outspeeds everything on your team, and with each mon killed it gets an attack boosts, further limiting your switch ins to it. To help with this, I recommend you change your Cloyster to a Utility set. This particular Cloyster set provides you with the much needed Rapid Spin support your sweepers need. Haxorus and Keldeo are severely limited in their sweeps by Toxic Spikes, which Cloyster can remove with Rapid Spin. Cloyster also gives you a much better check to Dragons, most importantly Salamence who needs a couple boosts to actually beat Cloyster. With this set, you have a much better chance against Salamence, being able to take its Outrages a lot more easily. Utility Cloyster also provides you with additional hazards, making it even easier for your sweepers to clean up when you have hazards up.

Good luck!

Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem
Trait: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk
- Fire Punch
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard / Rock Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)