Kotipelto: RMT (OU)

Kotipelto

Hey guys, this is my first team for BW2. The team was a bit different when it started, and I'm constantly changing things and testing new things out. I didn't want to make a team that looks just like everyone else's. When I was first making this team, I used a Choice Band Hydreigon and SubPetaya Sceptile. Eventually, I changed them, because they sadly weren't working as much I hoped they would. Well, here we are, I know this team isn't great because I honestly just threw these guys together, but this is why I am posting an RMT to hopefully make this team better. Also, if you understand the title of the thread and the nicknames of the Pokemon, you just earned yourself a medal.

Episode (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

A defensively oriented Landorus-T. One of the new toys that has been born into the bw2 meta game. I really wanted to use him, and a choice scarf set wasnt going to cut it for me, and I also needed a stealth rocker, so I decided to make him bulky and use him as a tank; however, I would like to make room for more attack ev's because Stone Edge is doing a solid nothing to Dragonite. U-Turn is here for scouting and maybe even bluffing a choice scarf set at times. Four out of six Pokemon on my team have volt/turn, so I can keep solid offensive pressure. Earthquake is here as his main stab move, and stone edge is for flying and ice types. Also, as you probably have not noticed, I have two Pokemon on this team with Intimidate. It's really funny crippling physical attackers by switching back and forth between Landorus and Hitmontop.

Visions (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 176 SDef
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Choice Banded Snorlax. This is my first time using this guy, and I'm really liking him. My team is really weak to Volcarona as well as hard hitting special attackers like Specs Latios. Because I want to keep this team offensive, I opted for Choice Band for the extra power which really comes in handy. Thick Fat also comes in handy for absorbing ice type attacks aimed towards my Landorus and Thundurus. Body Slam is here as his main stab move which hits several things hard. I went for Body Slam over Return because the chance for paralysis is way too good to pass up just for the slight decrease of power. Fire Punch is here because I need a fire move somewhere on the team, and it's fun KOing incoming steel types. Earthquake is here for, as I said, Volcarona and other fire types. Pursuit is a great move, it's been nailing so many surprise KOs, even beyond the likes of Latios, Gengar, etc.

Destiny (Genesect) @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Quick Attack
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Choice Band Genesect. Choice Band. BAND. I have to say, Genesect has been the MVP of this team. Everyone expects a choice scarf, but nope, we got Scizor 2.0 right here. I personally feel he does Scizor's job better than Scizor does. Unlike Scizor, this is pretty unpredictable, and also he is a mixed attacker. And on top of all that: DOWNLOAD. Getting the physical attack boost when going for a U-Turn is going to hurt whatever the opponent switches in to take it. Flamethrower is here to nail Forretress, Scizor, Ferrothorn, you name it. Quick Attack is here for the very necessary priority to pick off the remaining small amounts of health that fast enemies have, or even when I am just desperate and need to land an attack. Zen Headbutt>Iron Head all the way, it has better coverage and is much more surprising. U-Turn is the main attack, and I love just striking Tyranitars with it. Why don't people at least expect U-Turn?

Infinite (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Nasty Plot Thundurus. Again, another thing most people don't expect but they really should. I needed a wallbreaker on this team, so I slapped nasty plot on him and it is hilarious completely obliterating things after I have taken out the opposing teams special walls. Thundurus also serves as an electric resist, which isn't completely necessary for my team, but the more resists, the better. So I wanted to go for Volt Switch to continue my VoltTurn core and just to scout, but i needed a wallbreaker. Nasty Plot is here for the setting up, which my team lacks. Thunderbolt is here for when I just need all out power after a Nasty Plot and it's his main stab. Hidden Power Ice is here for dragons and grounds, and Grass Knot is here for Swampert, Quagsire, and Gastrodon.

Intermission (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch

Offensive Spinning Hitmontop. He is definitely what is holding my team together. I needed a fighting type, I needed a spinner, I needed priority, and I wanted to make an intimidate core to see how that would work. Hitmontop is one of my favorite Pokemon, so that is another reason I am using him. I decided to make him more offensively oriented because I really needed to pack a punch when striking those who are weak to fighting, and also I already have Landorus for my physical wall thanks to his intimidate support. Rapid Spin is here because my team will get destroyed by Stealth Rock. Close Combat is there for just raw power when I don't need the speed. But when I do need speed in my hit, that's why I have Mach Punch here. And lastly, I have Sucker Punch here because it's fun catching Jellicent with it.

Serenity (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Choice Scarf Rotom-W. He is the last part of my VoltTurn core, and he offers the needed water type move of my team. I went for Scarf because I have a bunch of hard hitting attackers, but not a speedy revenge killer who also boasts impressive power, as well as the ability to cripple baton pass teams. Trick is here because baton pass teams have been destroying me lately; however, whenever I use Trick, I ALWAYS horribly time it and wind up helping out my opponent. As I said, Volt Switch is here for the third and last part of my VoltTurn core. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons and grass types, while Hydro Pump is the main stab move that's obliterates anything that doesn't resist it.

Conclusion:

Well, that's just about it. Although I do want to mention threats to my team. The biggest threats to my team are surprisingly baton pass teams. I have no way to counter it, and I cannot find an effective way to counter it while keeping this team the way it is. Also, I am not 100% sure about Landorus' ev's, so if any of you have an idea, feel free to let me know. All kinds of criticism is appreciated, and thanks for reading.​

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

Cool team! I'm a pretty big fan of Bulky Landorus myself- it's a great physical wall capable of stopping nearly any unboosted sweeper. I like the synergy here as well- you've done a great job making sure that your weaknesses were covered. However, I'm seeing a lack of strong wallbreakers- as you do have some trouble getting around pokemon like Skarmory, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Ferrothorn. All three of your offensive pokemon are choiced- which gives you great immediate power and with VoltTurn a lot of switches, but you don't have a cleaner to abuse the former or many hazards to make use of the former. To help you take advantage of weakened threats, I would change Thundurus-T into a Nasty Plot sweeper.

Thundurus-T @ Leftovers
Timid nature, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nasty Plot / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Focus Blast

NP Thundurus just wrecks everything once your opponent is weakened. It puts an immediate stop to VoltTurn, and forces a switch to buy itself time to set up. After a Nasty Plot, its already sky high SpAtk skyrockets to the moon. STAB Tbolt just flattens everything that doesn't resist it, while HP Ice flattens everything else. +2 Focus Blast OHKO's Blissey, Chansey, and Snorlax after SR. Use VoltTurn and smart prediction to let Thundy set up once, and then just watch things die.

Now that you've lost your scarfer, I think it's time to get a new one. Say hello to Scarfed Rotom-W-

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature, 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / HP Ice / Hydro Pump / Trick

Rotom-W is a great addition to the team. With a scarf, it also outspeeds +1 Dnite- and can also KO with HP Ice. However, this Rotom does more- it fills in Thundurus's gap. With a scarf, it can outspeed even Tornadus-T- letting you revenge kill it with Hydro Pump or HP Ice. Volt Switch keeps your core going, forcing switches and causing mayhem. Trick cripples Passing teams- locking them into set up moves and stopping their strategies. Trick also cripples walls, allowing Thundy to pick them off later.

Cool team, I hope I helped!

Hi,

Cool team! I'm a pretty big fan of Bulky Landorus myself- it's a great physical wall capable of stopping nearly any unboosted sweeper. I like the synergy here as well- you've done a great job making sure that your weaknesses were covered. However, I'm seeing a lack of strong wallbreakers- as you do have some trouble getting around pokemon like Skarmory, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Ferrothorn. All three of your offensive pokemon are choiced- which gives you great immediate power and with VoltTurn a lot of switches, but you don't have a cleaner to abuse the former or many hazards to make use of the former. To help you take advantage of weakened threats, I would change Thundurus-T into a Nasty Plot sweeper.

Thundurus-T @ Leftovers
Timid nature, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nasty Plot / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Focus Blast

NP Thundurus just wrecks everything once your opponent is weakened. It puts an immediate stop to VoltTurn, and forces a switch to buy itself time to set up. After a Nasty Plot, its already sky high SpAtk skyrockets to the moon. STAB Tbolt just flattens everything that doesn't resist it, while HP Ice flattens everything else. +2 Focus Blast OHKO's Blissey, Chansey, and Snorlax after SR. Use VoltTurn and smart prediction to let Thundy set up once, and then just watch things die.

Now that you've lost your scarfer, I think it's time to get a new one. Say hello to Scarfed Rotom-W-

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature, 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / HP Ice / Hydro Pump / Trick

Rotom-W is a great addition to the team. With a scarf, it also outspeeds +1 Dnite- and can also KO with HP Ice. However, this Rotom does more- it fills in Thundurus's gap. With a scarf, it can outspeed even Tornadus-T- letting you revenge kill it with Hydro Pump or HP Ice. Volt Switch keeps your core going, forcing switches and causing mayhem. Trick cripples Passing teams- locking them into set up moves and stopping their strategies. Trick also cripples walls, allowing Thundy to pick them off later.

Cool team, I hope I helped!
Hi, thanks for the rate. I will definitely be trying out your suggested sets as soon as I have the time. I actually feel really stupid for not putting Trick on Rotom to stop baton pass, and I even mentioned Trick, so I'll be trying that out. NP Thundurus seems pretty interesting, but I got to play careful with it now. Its also good because now he won't get murdered from stealth rocks since he should only be switch out once or twice, or maybe not at all. I'm glad that I'm finally able to use UUs on an OU team because all of my teams have been very unoriginal lol.

Any other rates?

EDIT: Grass Knot or Focus Blast on Thundurus? Focus Blast always misses for me, and also I need a grass move on the team, so currently I am favoring Grass Knot unless anyone strongly thinks I should run Focus Blast

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to change too much, but perhaps changing Hitmontop to Forretress would be a good idea as well. I know you want to keep your UU pokes, and that's cool, but I mean I guess Snorlax is enough. Forretress sets hazards as well as spins, and has much more defense than Hitmontop. Your team really does force a lot of switches, so you'll be wanting those hazards to wear down your opponent. Also, your team doesn't really have an answer to major DDancers like Salamence or Dragonite- well, as they get faster, Forretress's Gyro Ball gets more powerful. It can also Volt Switch, keeping up your core and forcing more switches. Hitmontop does have its merits, though. Intimidate is nice, especially since strong physical attackers can muscle past Landorus-T. Priority is also great, but with Intimidate and not Technician it's going to lack a lot of power. Nevertheless, try Forretress, because I think it's definitely going to help somewhere:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature, 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpDef
Rapid Spin / Spikes / Gyro Ball / Volt Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)