Playthrough of Death

I, like many of the users on this site have been playing Pokemon since it came out. Most of us seasoned veterans dont enjoy the in-game side of things. I havent even played Black/White and the roms have been out for a long time now. This is my motivation to play them, and it can be your motivation to play (or replay) a version you never have before!

Anyways, heres the rules. Its pretty much like a regular playthrough, except you cant use Pokecenters, and once a Pokemon feints, the entire SPECIES becomes unuseable until the game is over. Due to the rarity of Pokeballs in the wild, you may purchess them and only them from the PokeMart. This can be very difficult, but not impossible.

Post things you experienced with this playthrough. Be sure to specify which version of the game you are playing. No cheating, ladies.

So, this is essentially Nuzlocke, only harsher, except you don't necessarily have to catch the first Pokémon you meet in a certain area. By species, do you mean to include evolutions and even branched evolutions?

Nuzlocke challenges have a lot more weight if you can't use your starter. My rule is that I have to immediately catch something when I first get a pokeball and box my starter.

Still too easy? You can only use a Pokemon Center once per town (For added difficulty use it after the Gym Leader).

Complete sadist? No items or berries. Not even the ones you pick up on the floor or even Evolution Stones.

So, this is essentially Nuzlocke, only harsher, except you don't necessarily have to catch the first Pokémon you meet in a certain area. By species, do you mean to include evolutions and even branched evolutions?
You can still use evolutions and branched evolutions. Will edit to discuss my playthrough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)