Fraxure and friends (Peaked #47)

I really like NU tier. You have a lot of toys to play with it , and the tier is very balanced. One of my favorite Pokemons on the tier is Fraxure! He is so great and strong. I've discovered Fraxure thanks to Research Group , I used it and I liked it. After the ladder restart on PS , I've decided to make a new team that include Fraxure at his star. So this is the team:

And the proof for my ranking (is not that much but is an archivement for me)

THE TEAM

The Rock (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
Regirock is usually my lead. He is there to set up rocks and to counter Cinccino(Bullet Seed will not 2HKO... I mean 10HKO). Even uninvested , is Def is godly. I prefer the Offensive Tank over the Support one because I can kill some pokemons (ex Cinccino) and I am more an offensive type of player. Stone Edge is for STAB , Earthquake is for the EdgeQuake , and Drain Punch is for recovering some life and provide to be a really useful move.

SmellMyTail (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 36 Spd / 252 Atk / 220 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
Before I add him to the team I had a big weakness to Fast Psychic/Ghost Types(Gardevoir , Haunter , Kadabra). I had Zangoose on this spot(random pokemon slapped on the team). And I loved it. But it didn't add nothing to team. On the other side , Skuntank counter them , with his awsome typing and reasonable bulk. Taunt also stop walls to set up and Crunch is for STAB. And Sucker Punch and Pursuit is there for mind games. I don't really need Poison Jab , it's not so important for me to hit grass types for SE damage or to hit fighting types for normal damage. I need him just for Psychic/Ghost types.

Loco Duck (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
My Special Sweeper. This Pokemon is having a great x4 resistance to Water , a resistance that my team really appreciate. 252 Spd and Timid Nature is for outruns Adamant Samurott. When I could predict a switch or a hit that will not do so much I set up rain , and there starts the fun. Hydro Pump STAB in the Rain does a lot to everything that doesn't resist it (if you're not Regice/Lickilicky) and for five turns , Ludicolo is the fastest most of time. Giga Drain helps to recover the Life Orb damage and damage from hits , status , etc. Ice Beam is there for coverege because Grass types(and Altaria) resist both of his STAB.

Breloom (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SDef / 200 Def
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
Seems like nobody love this thing in NU because he is annoying. This little pseudo-Breloom helps my team with Spore , so I could switch into a Pokemon to kill it. Also he gives me a SECOND water resist , that my team really likes. Regenerator is an awsome ability. With Black Sludge+Giga Drain+Regerator he could be back in the game even if he is at low health. Spore+Clear Smog is also useful against set up pokemons. And Sludge Bomb is there just for STAB. (and 2HKO Sap Sipper Sawsbuck on the switch and he can't OHKO me)

Washington (Braviary) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
This is my Revenge Killer. Nobody expects Choice Scarf Braviary and everyone is surprised when Braviary outruns Cincinno and kills it. Braviary would apreciatte Rapid Spin support . because of BB recoil damage and sometimes I am forced to swtich. But I don't really like the rapid spiners from NU (except SMASHKOAL , that I used it , but it didn't really worked that great with my team). Brave Bird does a lot to everything that doesn't resist , even without Life Orb/Choice Band/Bulk Up. Return is for STAB , Superpower is for Rock and Steel types that resists his STAB and U-turn if for nice momentum on a predicted switch.

NOMNOM PLANES! (Fraxure) @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Taunt
And there it is. The star of the team. I don't really like NFE but he is so great , that he don't really need great support for him to sweep. Eviolite is boosting his Def and Sp Def so it's easier for him to set up at least one DD. Most Steel Types switching in Fraxure will be killed by Low Kick. +1 Outrage does really great damage , and even if Skuntank is packing Taunt , this move is helpful on Fraxure too so he can set up easily on some Walls (hi Alomomola). I could use X-Scissors for exemple but Outrage still does a lot to Psychic types and I don't really need Dragon Claw.

So this is the team. It doesn't have big weakness but I don't really have somthing to switch againts Marowak safely. But I think nothing in the tier can. And Water Types that are using Ice Beam for coverage are somehow problematic but I can revenge kill them most of the time.​

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Substitute Bulk Up Braviary can give you troubles since it can set up for free on Amoonguss and stall Regirock out of Stone Edges easily. From that point on, it can sweep through your team with relative ease. To fix this, you can run Toxic over Earthquake on Regirock to cripple Braviary as it Roosts.

Fraxure needs to run a Jolly nature in order to outrun Cinccino, Swellow, Choice Scarf Emboar, and other fast Pokemon after a boost. The loss of power isn't very noticeable while those threats listed are pretty common in NU.

Summary of changes:

Earthquake —> Toxic on Regirock
Jolly nature on Fraxure

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting team! FLCL's short rate gave most of the suggestions I would advise, but I have a couple of auxiliary suggestions to go along with his.

While the loss in power is noticeable, Rock Slide for Regirock is more reliable than Stone Edge at handling BU Braviary, while also having more PP so you can't be PP-stalled so easily. While not necessary, Rocky Helmet is also nice in order to rack up more residual damage on contact moves from the likes of Emboar and Zangoose. While you can argue that you lose constant recovery, you have Drain Punch to keep you somewhat healthy.

While it may seem pointless, Poison Jab instead of Crunch on Skuntank can be useful for your team. If you aren't using Pursuit or Sucker Punch on a Ghost or Psychic type, that means that they are a)statusing you (Taunt) b)subbing down (Poison Jab still breaks most of their Subs, except for maybe Misdreavus) or c) outpredicted you and either switched out or attacked anyways. Poison Jab does help against Gras-types, but it also gives you something to hit Emboar with. Since your team doesn't like taking a hit from Emboar, Poison Jab may actually help you. Also, you may want to consider a 20 HP/ 252 Atk / 236 Spe EV spread to outspeed Absol and Samurott with positive Speed natures. Outpacing defensive Misdreavus is just a plus.

Changes:

Regirock: Rock Slide>Stone Edge
Optional: Rocky Helmet>Leftovers

Skuntank: Poison Jab>Crunch; Faster Spread>Special Defensive Spread

Thanks both for rating my team!
I didn't have problems with SubBU Braviary , I will try those suggestions if this Braviary will give me problems.

@FLCL
Jolly over Adamant really worked great. I don't know how but without a boost , Fraxure outruned a Regigigas , after the Slow Start effect.

@WhiteDMist
Special Defensive Skuntank is what I need , becuase those days many Ghost/Psychic types carry HP Ground , and the Sp Def EV helps Skuntank to take those attacks better , (10-15% less HP) also I don't think Poison Jab will break Haunter or Musharna Sub.(I've met a Sub Musharna once)

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
This is a very nice team, and FLCL & WhiteDMist have pointed out the most to change, but I still se some more changes that is need to be done.

First off I dont agree with Toxic on Regirock that FLCL suggested due to some fast and stong threats like to switch into him therefore I suggest Thunder Wave over Toxic in case your own Ludicolo is weakened and thing like Shell Smash Gorebyss try to set up on you, it will be much easier to revenge kill him. Also you should give Amoonguss Rocky Helmet over Black Sludge as Amoonguss really dont need the recovery, also im not a big fan of Clear Smog because it doesnt break to Sub's that easy and cant nullify the boosts when somehing is under the sub, so I would go with Synthetis to wall other threats better. Also give Amoonguss a spread off 240 HP | 252 Def | 16 Spd to speed creep other Amoonguss which can be really usefull. The last thing I want to say is to give Fraxure Substitute over Taunt so you can dodge strong priority attacks, but Taunt is still a great option if priority doesnt bother you.
Hope I helped :)

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@WhiteDMist
I need Special Defensive Skuntank is what I need , becuase those days many Ghost/Psychic types carry HP Ground , and the Sp Def EV helps Skuntank to take those attacks better , (10-15% less HP) also I don't think Poison Jab will break Haunter or Musharna Sub.(I've met a Sub Musharna once)
Pursuit would do just as much to Haunter though, and you still have Taunt for Musharna (and no one really uses Substitute on Musahrna when it has Heal Bell). Plus Poison Jab would usually break Haunter's Subs. It's your choice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)