Hardest Relative NPC

Protip: Don't give your rival the Tepig in B2/W2. The final battle against him has you fighting his Emboar...which can easily OHKO things using Flamethrower. Nearly wiped my entire team, though thankfully Gothitelle has such stellar defenses.

ELESA
In both BW B2W2 she just crushes my team. Emolga in general is just freaking annoying!
"Emolga! Drilbur, use rock throw!"
*volt switches to zebstrika*
Drilbur! Use mud slap!
*Volt switches to emolga*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Not to mention she can crush all three starters. Pignite and snivy fall to emolga's air attacks, and Oshawott of course is fried.
Plus, Flaafy is the Paralyze QUEEN
Not to mention in my B2 game, I was using Genesect as my main... and zeb has a fire attack...

How has no one mentioned Galactic Admin Mars' Purugly??? I mean seriously, wtf was that? "Oh ok, she has a Zubat, that is easy to kill *KO's, Purugly comes in*... WHAT IS THAT HIDEOUS BEAST???" And then it procedes to KO you with an insanely powerful Scratch attack.... It even manages to shrug off Fighting type attacks

Galactic Admin Jupiter in Eterna is pretty much in the same boat.

ELESA
In both BW B2W2 she just crushes my team. Emolga in general is just freaking annoying!
"Emolga! Drilbur, use rock throw!"
*volt switches to zebstrika*
Drilbur! Use mud slap!
*Volt switches to emolga*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Not to mention she can crush all three starters. Pignite and snivy fall to emolga's air attacks, and Oshawott of course is fried.
Plus, Flaafy is the Paralyze QUEEN
Not to mention in my B2 game, I was using Genesect as my main... and zeb has a fire attack...
But Drilbur is immune to Electric, so that example doesn't exactly work. Set a Magnemite in front of her, and Sonicboom to your heart's content.

Protip: Don't give your rival the Tepig in B2/W2. The final battle against him has you fighting his Emboar...which can easily OHKO things using Flamethrower. Nearly wiped my entire team, though thankfully Gothitelle has such stellar defenses.
This is terrifying since I am currently doing a mono-Grass Challenge run my my copy of W2
TT_TT

Aqua Tail Serperior for the win...! >_>

*spoilers*kinda but not really...

I had trouble with EVERY triple and rotational battle in B2/W2
especially at the later routes in the game.
like, there was this veteran lady with a kingdra, donphan, and skarmory who spammed eathquake and used lond distance dragon pulses to just terrorize me
;-;

I didn't think Elesa was that annoying in B2, i think i had Trapinch waste her team (bulldoze and rock slide)

As for Ghestis in B1, for me it wasn't the fact that hydreigon was a beast and took forever to kill along with most of my pokemon, its that that damn bouffalant was waiting behind it, and me not not knowing about its colossal attack with only my poor serperior to stand in its way

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's probably not the hardest but it surely was quite tough: Iris in BW2 is actually really tough without the right Pokemon. She leads off with a Hydreigon that not only has Dragon Pulse but has the special movepool to hit everything that resists Dragon super-effectively. I wasn't carrying a Fighting-type which may be why I had problems here but it's still rough.

Then at the end she has that Haxorus... With Dragon Dance and a Focus Sash, meaning you're not just about to go in and OHKO even if you have something able to do that. I lost half my team to that thing...

I beat Misty's Starmie with my Beedrill, only one or two levels higher than it. I outsped and OHKO'd with Twineedle. (although one of the hits may have been a crit). Just saying.
The first time I played Red, I went with a Squirtle. When I fought Misty, Wartortle and Starmie had an absolute epic of a fight, trading bite for tackle. It as brutal.

I did the exact same thing in Fire Red and two shot the poor thing with Dark type Bite.

The only two in-game trainers that have given me any trouble recently were Colress, because I decided that it would be 'fun' to go after his entire team with just my Metagross, and Elesa, because I never have anything to counter electric types that early, and Volt Tackle is difficult at best for me.
Whitney is always tough, and an overleveled Geodude is usually all that gets me through that battle.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I beat Misty's Starmie with my Beedrill, only one or two levels higher than it. I outsped and OHKO'd with Twineedle. (although one of the hits may have been a crit). Just saying.
Too bad Beedrill sux ballz overall and there's no way I'd want to grind one to a higher level than Misty's Starmie, let alone feed it trainer experience to get there. If I'm going to waste that much early game time/experience, I'd rather invest it in a Magikarp, which will kill Misty and the rest of the game too lol.

Am I the only person who had trouble with the Galactic Admin who uses Purugly at the start of DPPT? :( That thing SUCKED

I just battled Veteran Tiffany on Victory Road in Pokemon White,

and she sort of threw me through a loop; I had to use a few Revives.

Her Heatmor was a nifty counter to my already in bad-shape team;

she had Fire moves to counter my Serperior, and Shadow Sneak,

which badly damaged my comparatively under-leveled Lampert.

Ok, seriously, am I the only one who suffered this much against Cheren?
I lost 7+ times in my JPN copy, and barely won with a crit in my ENG copy.

[Granted I could've used T-wave/Growl spam Mareep but I had some self-imposed restrictions; doesn't change the fact that i got annihilated in my JPN copy]

I find it weird since my two younger brothers got past him like it was nothing. How come they didn't get destroyed by that Work Up + Tackle Lilipup and I did? So embarrassing...

Too bad Beedrill sux ballz overall and there's no way I'd want to grind one to a higher level than Misty's Starmie, let alone feed it trainer experience to get there. If I'm going to waste that much early game time/experience, I'd rather invest it in a Magikarp, which will kill Misty and the rest of the game too lol.
Yeah but Twineedling Erikas whole gym is fun as hell.

Magikarp is better in the long run though.

Ok, seriously, am I the only one who suffered this much against Cheren?
I lost 7+ times in my JPN copy, and barely won with a crit in my ENG copy.

[Granted I could've used T-wave/Growl spam Mareep but I had some self-imposed restrictions; doesn't change the fact that i got annihilated in my JPN copy]

I find it weird since my two younger brothers got past him like it was nothing. How come they didn't get destroyed by that Work Up + Tackle Lilipup and I did? So embarrassing...
this was my battle against cheren
L11 Lillipup solo'd him

Turn 1:
Lillipup used Leer
Patrat used Work Up

Turn 2:
Lillipup used Tackle
Patrat used Work Up

Turn 3:
Lillipup used Tackle
Patrat fainted

Turn 4:

Lillipup used Leer
Foe Lillipup used Work Up

Turn 5:

Lillipup used Tackle
Foe Lillipup used Tackle

Turn 6:

Lillipup used Tackle
Foe Lillipup fainted

:/

Cheren seems to have exactly two outputs:
1. People beat him with complete ease. Maybe they're lowering stats, maybe through sheer power, maybe through luck. There are no issues
2. People are destroyed by him. Repeatedly!

There is no middle ground

1. People beat him with complete ease. Maybe they're lowering stats, maybe through sheer power, maybe through luck. There are no issues

My best friend and I were in the 2nd group then. What I came up with is the Mareep T-wave/Growl spam method, you don't even have to level up the Mareep.
I guess anyone else who's having trouble can do that too, it completely neuters him.

I solo'd her and Burgh using Servine only, and I wasn't even over levelled.

What you need to do is Leech Seed, then use Growth a few times (...ok a lot) and use potions when necessary, then sweep with Return.

For Roxie I made Servine hold an HP-healing berry (the blue one), and an Eviolite for Burgh.

Good luck!!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

The last sentence is false; I had 5 Pokemon to take in against Cheren on Normal Mode, only won 2-0 after a tough encounter prolly because the three who fainted were under-levelled relative to the ones who survived, but w/e), Snivy & Lillipup so strong...Just saying.

i know this is going to sound bad, but the first big trainer fight after beating the elite 4 in white 2, you know the guy with the one lvl 70 pokemon with the uber stats? yeah he had 8 lvls on my highest guy and was faster than every single one of my guys and would OHKO all of them as well, rather than go and train til i could beat him i used up 45 revives stalling out all of his PP so i could finally keep a guy alive. really not my best moment there.

The only notable battle I have had in White 2 pre-elite four was against Clay. It outsped my lucario and killed it with bulldoze. I had to rebattle him twice because he kept critting my Dewott.

In the white treehollow, I had some difficulties with Boss Trainer Elie, as Claydol activated its quick claw and used rain dance, after which Omastar went on a choice specs swift swim hydro pump sweep. Samurott brought it down to red, but got 2hko'd and I had to sac some things to wear out turns of rain before killing it with Lucario. All boss trainers after her were much easier.

EDIT: The guy above me talks about N. I still have to fight his weather based teams, but I think 'they will not be so easy, seeing as he will have swift swimmers / chlorophyll users with boosted stab. Anyone have any bad experiences fighting him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)