Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I'm looking forward to being able to start! I enjoyed reading that, Random, and I'm especially excited to future updates involving Shy and MagSlag!

Just a shout out for more pokémon for my Red version Scramble, people. So far I've got Bulbapedia the Bulbasaur and Opera the Jigglypuff.

Edit: I've decided I'm also going to Scramble my HeartGold version, so feel free to suggest me things for that as well. Medium-Hard please.

Great update, IAR! I am ready to see how frustrated you are because you got trolled by someone who took advantage of Slag's restrictions :P

Anyway, my scramble is on hold due to college......

Hey, guys! It's been a bit, what with Black and White 2 / school. But, I'm back for another Scramble, and this time I'm actually going to finish it! (yay) This is a White 2 Challenge.
Rules for my Scramble:
~No Starters.
~Challenge Mode.
~No "kill X amount of Rattatas to evolve" challenges.
~While I do have access to trading, no Pokèmon that I can't find in White 2.
~Make it more fun than anything, but I'd love medium-hard challenges.
~Cool, lesser used Pokèmon, please! I don't want a team of Rattatas and Zubats, rather Dunsparces and Psyducks.
~I need a Pokèmon as my "starter" catchable before the first gym.
~NO SUNKERN.
~All Challenges have to be possible. :P (I remember having to solo Flint with a Sunflora)

Catch the first Solosis you run across and name it Blop. Have it solo Caithlin to show its worth. Depending on its ability it has different restrictions:

Magic Guard: Solosis is protected by a magic guard. The guard restrains it from using any attacking move besides Hidden Power and Future Sight, because its hidden power is its ability to look into the future. Use hidden power at the start of every battle. Besides that, the guard also prevents it from battling another pokemon after knocking one out, so switch out after knocking out an opponent. Its two other moves should be non-damaging move of the psychic type, as it is so obviously the best type. To evolve for the first time, solosis must solo 15 (different, no breeder spam) trainer owned pokemon of the same type as your hidden power. To evolve for the second time, solo 10 (different) trainer owned pokemon of the same type as your hidden power with hidden power. As a reuniclus, it does not want to use Hidden Power at the start of a battle anymore, instead it wants to use one of its non-damaging moves everytime in enters battle, and use hidden power at least once during every fight.

Overcoat: Solosis is protected from the weather by overcoat, but not from other things. To strengthen its guard, it wants to use light screen at the start of every battle it participates in. It must use hidden power in every battle it is in at least once. To evolve for the first time, solosis must survive 15 attacks with light creen up it would not have survived without it, from trainer owned pokemon. To evolve for the second time, it wants to succesfully swap abilities with the opponent 15 times through use of skill swap and utilize the acquired ability (up to your own decisoins, good example would be skill swapping with herbivore and due to that surviving grass type attacks. Their ability should be used), from trainer owned pokemon. (you can forget the move afterwards) As a reuniclus, it is protected enough by overcoat, so instead of using light screen, use future sight at the start of every battle instead. (you can forget light screen if you wish to)
Catch a Tynamo named Sparky. You can evolve Sparky to Eelektrik, but not Eelektross. (Considering this is Challenge Mode, I'll take off the no evo rule and change Eviolite to any item).) Sparky can only learn moves by level-up, and never by TM, HM, breeding, or Tutor (Heart Scales are fair game). It must learn Wild Charge at level 59; once Sparky learns Wild Charge, every time it switches into combat it must lead with Wild Charge. If you equip Sparky with an Eviolite, it cannot use any Electric-type attack except Wild Charge. Sparky must solo Iris's Haxorus. Good luck!

You get GERROFF the Venipede which must have Poison Point. GERROFF hates, absolutely hates being touched. Every time Poison Point activates you have to use Defense Curl until GERROFF feels safe (three times). You may only replace Defense Curl with Agility, and then you have to use that every time Poison Point activates. When it gets Agility it finally has the confidence to evolve into Whirlipede. After GERROFF evolves, it doesn't like touching other pokémon, and will only use non-contact moves. It can evolve into Scolipede only if it hasn't taken any damage at all during the battle it levels up in, and you have to have soloed at least two trainer pokémon during that battle. As a Scolipede it hates being touched even more and has to learn Iron Defence as soon as it can at the move tutor in Lentimas Town, and then use it in battle before its confident enough to attack. List of locations for blue shards here. If you can't paralyse them, you can't fight them.

To summarise:

• Venipede named GERROFF.
  • Every time Poison Point activates you have to use Defense Curl 3 times.
  • Only when you learn Agility can you evolve.
  • After evolution, you use Agility instead of Defense Curl when Poison Point activates. (You can remove Defense Curl for Agility if you like.)
  • After evolution, you can only use non-contact moves.
  • To evolve again, solo two trainer pokémon without taking damage in a single battle.
  • Once it's a Scolipede, and you've reached Lentimas Town, it must learn and use Iron Defense in battle before doing anything else. (You can overwrite Agility for Iron Defense and ignore the Poison Point rule at this point if you like.)
inb4 "a"

inanimate blob gets Endgame the Throh.

Endgame, naturally, is obtainable at the end of the game, just before the Victory Road, but it does not mean that Endgame will do crap all though! Instead, it wants to Throh your challenge out the window, by forcing you to solo all trainers in Victory Road with it, without saving the game mid-attempt. Each time you fail, you must throw out 10,000 Poké worth of items, & grind Endgame up a level, before re-attempting. Naturally, Endgame wants to see you suffer for catching it so late in the game, so it decides to continue the pain by soloing one Pokemon from each E4 Member & Iris.

Have fun...inb4 rejected :Þ

Something before gym one? Sure, I can handle that:

Take NoSun the Sewaddle. Due to some bad history with grass types, NoSun hates anything to do with Grass. Unless it conflicts with another mon's restrictions, NoSun must solo all Trainer-Owned Grass types (this includes gym leaders and E4 and Champion mons).

Because of this severe hatred of Grass types, NoSun cannot learn any grass attacks or Sunny Day. Solo Drayden because NoSun believes that dragons like destroying Grass and NoSun needs that experience.
Reserving for inanimate blob.

edit:
"Captain? Mistralton Airport isn't for another mile! Why are we landing?"

No response.

"Captain! We're gonna crash land in the Desert!"

Still no response.

He rushes forward to the pilot's room and flings open the door, half-expecting to see the pilot asleep. Instead of which, he sees the pilot fully alert at the controls, sitting straight upright... but strangely enough, not even holding on to the controls.

"Captain?"

"Dih-toh."

Then suddenly he hears a loud noise, and begins to feel hot... very, very hot.

Then he feels no more.

Take Mischief the Ditto. Mischief loves to play pranks on people, often with disastrous consequences. After the crash landing, it hitchhiked its way to the Giant Chasm to play more pranks. However, it soon tired of messing the Metang and confusing the Clefairies. Then you came along.

Mischief is really mischievous, as you soon find out. It will want to battle when you least want it to: your only restriction is to solo at least 5 of the E4 + Champion's Pokemon.

GL;HF!!!!! >:)
Alright, guys, thanks for all the Pokémon. I'll more than likely give an update as soon as I'm finished with the game, since school already restricts my time and posting after each gym is just too much work to handle (also I don't have a computer charger so I have to go days sometimes on 2%). :3 So yeah.

Hey, guys! It's been a bit, what with Black and White 2 / school. But, I'm back for another Scramble, and this time I'm actually going to finish it! (yay) This is a White 2 Challenge.
Catch the first Solosis you run across and name it Blop. Have it solo Caithlin to show its worth. Depending on its ability it has different restrictions:

Magic Guard: Solosis is protected by a magic guard. The guard restrains it from using any attacking move besides Hidden Power and Future Sight, because its hidden power is its ability to look into the future. Use hidden power at the start of every battle. Besides that, the guard also prevents it from battling another pokemon after knocking one out, so switch out after knocking out an opponent. Its two other moves should be non-damaging move of the psychic type, as it is so obviously the best type. To evolve for the first time, solosis must solo 15 (different, no breeder spam) trainer owned pokemon of the same type as your hidden power. To evolve for the second time, solo 10 (different) trainer owned pokemon of the same type as your hidden power with hidden power. As a reuniclus, it does not want to use Hidden Power at the start of a battle anymore, instead it wants to use one of its non-damaging moves everytime in enters battle, and use hidden power at least once during every fight.

Overcoat: Solosis is protected from the weather by overcoat, but not from other things. To strengthen its guard, it wants to use light screen at the start of every battle it participates in. It must use hidden power in every battle it is in at least once. To evolve for the first time, solosis must survive 15 attacks with light creen up it would not have survived without it, from trainer owned pokemon. To evolve for the second time, it wants to succesfully swap abilities with the opponent 15 times through use of skill swap and utilize the acquired ability (up to your own decisoins, good example would be skill swapping with herbivore and due to that surviving grass type attacks. Their ability should be used), from trainer owned pokemon. (you can forget the move afterwards) As a reuniclus, it is protected enough by overcoat, so instead of using light screen, use future sight at the start of every battle instead. (you can forget light screen if you wish to)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Rules for my Scramble:
Catch a Tynamo named Sparky. You can evolve Sparky to Eelektrik, but not Eelektross. Sparky can only learn moves by level-up, and never by TM, HM, breeding, or Tutor (Heart Scales are fair game). It must learn Wild Charge at level 59; once Sparky learns Wild Charge, every time it switches into combat it must lead with Wild Charge. If you equip Sparky with an Eviolite, it cannot use any Electric-type attack except Wild Charge. Sparky must solo Iris's Haxorus. Good luck!

Alright, that's two Pokèmon thus far (Sprocket, you ass). Still needing a pre-first gym Pokèmon, but besides that, all good. Also, guys, quick tip - if you don't want me to reject your challenge, choose a Pokèmon of a type that hasn't been used yet.

Blob, take a Patrat that may not evolve into Watchog, call it Pat. Its moveset must be Work Up, two attacks of BP ≤ 60, and one support move of choice. It must learn Work Up as soon as you beat Cheren.

Alright, that's two Pokèmon thus far (Sprocket, you ass). Still needing a pre-first gym Pokèmon, but besides that, all good. Also, guys, quick tip - if you don't want me to reject your challenge, choose a Pokèmon of a type that hasn't been used yet.
You get GERROFF the Venipede which must have Poison Point. GERROFF hates, absolutely hates being touched. Every time Poison Point activates you have to use Defense Curl until GERROFF feels safe (three times). You may only replace Defense Curl with Agility, and then you have to use that every time Poison Point activates. When it gets Agility it finally has the confidence to evolve into Whirlipede. After GERROFF evolves, it doesn't like touching other pokémon, and will only use non-contact moves. It can evolve into Scolipede only if it hasn't taken any damage at all during the battle it levels up in, and you have to have soloed at least two trainer pokémon during that battle. As a Scolipede it hates being touched even more and has to learn Iron Defence as soon as it can at the move tutor in Lentimas Town, and then use it in battle before its confident enough to attack. List of locations for blue shards here. If you can't paralyse them, you can't fight them.

To summarise:

• Venipede named GERROFF.
  • Every time Poison Point activates you have to use Defense Curl 3 times.
  • Only when you learn Agility can you evolve.
  • After evolution, you use Agility instead of Defense Curl when Poison Point activates. (You can remove Defense Curl for Agility if you like.)
  • After evolution, you can only use non-contact moves.
  • To evolve again, solo two trainer pokémon without taking damage in a single battle.
  • Once it's a Scolipede, and you've reached Lentimas Town, it must learn and use Iron Defense in battle before doing anything else. (You can overwrite Agility for Iron Defense and ignore the Poison Point rule at this point if you like.)

So I need three more Pokémon, one of which needs to be accessible before the first gym. Get crackin', boys! (and girls)

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I rejected Pika25's challenge because it was with an extremely common Pokémon.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for inanimate blob.

edit:
"Captain? Mistralton Airport isn't for another mile! Why are we landing?"

No response.

"Captain! We're gonna crash land in the Desert!"

Still no response.

He rushes forward to the pilot's room and flings open the door, half-expecting to see the pilot asleep. Instead of which, he sees the pilot fully alert at the controls, sitting straight upright... but strangely enough, not even holding on to the controls.

"Captain?"

"Dih-toh."

Then suddenly he hears a loud noise, and begins to feel hot... very, very hot.

Then he feels no more.

Take Mischief the Ditto. Mischief loves to play pranks on people, often with disastrous consequences. After the crash landing, it hitchhiked its way to the Giant Chasm to play more pranks. However, it soon tired of messing the Metang and confusing the Clefairies. Then you came along.

Mischief is really mischievous, as you soon find out. It will want to battle when you least want it to: your only restriction is to solo at least 5 of the E4 + Champion's Pokemon.

GL;HF!!!!! >:)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
inb4 "a"

inanimate blob gets Endgame the Throh.

Endgame, naturally, is obtainable at the end of the game, just before the Victory Road, but it does not mean that Endgame will do crap all though! Instead, it wants to Throh your challenge out the window, by forcing you to solo all trainers in Victory Road with it, without saving the game mid-attempt. Each time you fail, you must throw out 10,000 Poké worth of items, & grind Endgame up a level, before re-attempting. Naturally, Endgame wants to see you suffer for catching it so late in the game, so it decides to continue the pain by soloing one Pokemon from each E4 Member & Iris.

Have fun...inb4 rejected :Þ

Waiting on King Serperior and Level 51...but if Level 51 has school today, I'll let another person take his spot (within the hour or so). Remember, one of you two needs to give me something for before the first gym! (I will not take any Patrat)

Something before gym one? Sure, I can handle that:

Take NoSun the Sewaddle. Due to some bad history with grass types, NoSun hates anything to do with Grass. Unless it conflicts with another mon's restrictions, NoSun must solo all Trainer-Owned Grass types (this includes gym leaders and E4 and Champion mons).

Because of this severe hatred of Grass types, NoSun cannot learn any grass attacks or Sunny Day. Solo Drayden because NoSun believes that dragons like destroying Grass and NoSun needs that experience.

My Heart Gold Scramble.

My pokémon:

... the Chikorita

The three dots represent the feeling you will get using this pokémon.
Why, you ask? Because as it is one bulky critter, it does not want to kill its opponent with normal damaging moves. It can only learn one damaging move, and it must be magical leaf for obvious reasons.(you can use tackle until you learn it) Look at its leaves!!! Anyway, besides magical leaf, it can only learn supportive (non-damaging) moves. One of these has to be poison powder / toxic. As it feels really bulky and wants to show it off, he has to switch into any and all attacks your pokémon currently on the field will not be able to survive, as it wants to protect them from fainting.

To evolve for the first time, it must do so successfully 15 times (meaning it has to knock out the opponent you had to switch into). To evolve for the second time, it has to do so an additional 10 times, but knock the opponent out with only using poison powder / toxic (you can use other moves to support yourself in doing so, like synthesis)

Counts: 0/15 and 0/10

Have it solo an elite four or the champion, it's your choice which one.
Bottoms Up the Corsola

Every time it tries to learn a level-up move, flip a coin; Heads, you MUST teach it that level-up move. Tails, it CANNOT learn that level-up move, even by TM. You may teach it any TM and HM move you want without restriction.

Fang the Zubat

Obviously, Fang likes biting things, so you'll have to let him bite things.
List of Biting moves allowed:
1). Leech Life
2). Bite
3). Poison Fang
4). Giga Drain
5). Super Fang

If you Solo Clair Fang, you can learn one move of your choice in the place of any move you have.

Sleepy the Hoothoot

Sleepy is, in essence, sleepy. Sleepy may not have Insomnia as it's ability because it is sleepy. It must also learn and keep in its moveset (when possible) Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Rest. It may not learn Uproar.

Also, solo Morty to evolve because why not. :)

Wannabe the Scyther

Wannabe is basically a Wannabe, but why? Because it wants to be a good Technician user, despite having the Swarm Ability. Wannabe wants to have all of its moves having 60 BP or less, and it does not want to become a Scizor, because it is afraid that evolution will ruin its ability to use its moves effectively. Furthermore, Wannabe wants to prove to you that its Technician skills are up to scratch, by soloing 2 Gym Leaders/E4 Members. Perhaps then, you will see it as a true Technician user, even if it does not have the ability.

-No evolution
-Must have the Ability: Swarm
-All of the moves it has must have 60 BP or less
-Must solo 2 Gym Leader/E4 Members

Sunshine the Sunkern

Sunshine loves sunshine, but it confuses all kinds of light with sunshine! In order to evolve, it must solo five fire type pokemon (wild or not) before the 4th gym. As soon as it is possible to learn sunny day as a sunkern or sunflora then do so and you can not forget it. There is a problem with sunkern/sunflora though, because sunshine spends too much time in the sunshine, he has sucked in too much fiery light and is weak to water attacks. This means that if there is a water type pokemon switching in or in at the start, then Sunshine must switch out. He must evolve before the fourth gym and as mentioned before, having first solo'd 5 fire type pokemon. Since Sunkern has to evolve via a sun stone though, the sun stone must be achieved from the pokeathlon dome or the bug catching contest. Anyway, one final restriction, Sunshine must always know a draining attack, so absorb, giga drain or mega drain and hold either the big root or the heat rock ASAP. All of these restrictions apply to it when it is a sunflora, plus the fact it needs to know a move that involves roots like grass knot or ingrain until after Chuck, just for fun!. Of course, if you choose to challenge Jasmine or Pryce first, then Sunflora can get rid of it after that battle.

My first HeartGold Scramble update! I've just beaten Falkner.

This is actually a lot harder already than I thought it'd be. I'm in Violet City, having only scraped by Falkner at the first attempt.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 10, Lonely.

-Tackle
-Growl
-Razor Leaf
-Poisonpowder

She isn't much use. I think she'll grow to be very handy as my adventure continues, but a moveset of Tackle, Growl and Poisonpowder isn't endearing me to her. Having Razor Leaf sitting there mocking me is slightly annoying, but not the end of the world. I can't wait to replace Poisonpowder with Toxic even if that means messing around with a shite team in the Battle Frontier until I've won the first round of an event enough times. She was almost completely useless against Falkner, apart from poisoning his Pidgeotto. Maybe putting it to sleep with Sleepy's Hypnosis would have been better, but I missed the first four times I tried that. Onto Sleepy herself then.

Switch in and win count 0/15
Defeat with poison only count 0/10

Sleepy the Hoothoot [F]

Level 11, Bold.

-Tackle
-Peck
-Foresight
-Hypnosis

In my last Scramble I used a 60% accuracy sleep move, but this time it's going to be a lot more irritating as sleep has been nerfed between generation 1 and 4. Well, not nerfed, but it isn't the absolute equivalent of a KO any more. When I have to use Dream Eater as my secondary attacking move, Hypnosis will probably make me want to die. She was still the star of the show in the gym battle, defeating Pidgey with ease and eventually being the pokémon to defeat Falkner's Pidgeotto. She's my MVP so far.

Fang the Zubat [F]

Level 10, Hasty

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

At the other end of the scale we have Fang. I'm only allowed to use Leech Life and it really sucks. 20BP and not super-effective against Bellsprout, as well as being not very effective against the gym. All I used her for in the gym battle was to stall out a few turns of Pidgeotto's Roost, so that Sleepy could do more damage. She learns Bite soon, but after that the only other attack I'll be able to use for the majority of the game is Poison Fang. If I solo Clair with Leech Life, Bite and Poison Fang I can learn something else. Alternatively I can spend 40BP at the Frontier on Super Fang, or wait until I beat Erika in Kanto to teach her Giga Drain. LVP, and likely to stay that way, which is a shame, as I really like Crobat.

Overall, I'm really going to find this tough. I can't see Sunkern adding much to the team, and I reckon I'll end up finding Scyther hard to use with <60BP moves and no Technician. Corsola may end up being my MVP and I'm not going to get her until Olivine City's fishing guru gives me the Good Rod. And after that I have a 3% of hooking her.

Three attempts to beat Bugsy! I don't remember ever finding it that hard on an ordinary playthrough, so this Scramble really has something to it to keep me hooked.

After Violet City I made my way down south to Azalea Town, ignoring the Ruins of Alph on the way and proceeding straight through Union Cave. In the cave I was hoping not to come across many Geodudes, as I don't really have a way of dealing with Rock types yet, considering ... is only allowed to use Tackle and the other two are weak to and not very effective against them. Whenever I did encounter one, wild or belonging to a Hiker, Fang was my saviour, somehow.

It was also Fang who helped clear out Slowpoke Well, learning Bite in the process. When I got back to Azalea Town after doing that, I went straight for Bugsy, and the trainers in his gym were a piece of piss, but he was himself far harder. Leading with a Scyther two levels higher than the rest of my team, and having to switch ... in if I started with Fang or Sleepy and took a hit made this really difficult. ... wouldn't be able to land a single hit no matter how I played this, not that it would make much difference, as I didn't want to poison Scyther: I wanted to put it to sleep. I was destroyed in the first battle, and in the second, after levelling my team up a little.

The third was better. I led with ..., hoping to get a Reflect off before being knocked out, but was instantly defeated with U-Turn. Fang equalled things up, taking down Kakuna, and then landed two Bites on Scyther before dying. The key difference in this battle was that Bugsy used his Super Potion up on Kakuna - if he'd still had it for Scyther I'd never have won. It took 50% of Sleepy's HP with Quick Attack, but I managed to put Scyther to sleep, allowing me to use a Super Potion before Pecking two times. Scyther then woke up and used Quick Attack for 50% again, as I Pecked him down to 5% damage. I had to risk his Quick Attack leaving me on 1 or 2HP if I were to win! Using a Super Potion myself would just leave me in the exact same situation next turn, so I risked it, and it paid off: Sleepy was down to 2/52HP, and Pecked to KO Scyther. I could then heal up to defeat Metapod, and the Hive Badge was mine.

The team, which hasn't changed much:

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 17, Lonely.

-Tackle
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

Still not much use, but I think she'll grow. It would have been great if she could have set a Reflect up in the battle against Bugsy but I'm not really sure how I could have managed it, as I couldn't have managed it with Scyther in, and the only way to force Scyther out was for it to use U-Turn against ..., knocking it out in the process. She's taken a few hits for Sleepy and Fang, saving them from KOs, to boost her evolution count. I've worked out that if I leave Sleepy or Fang on 1HP and switch them out of a battle against a wild pokémon, I can reach this figure artificially, but that's probably cheating so I won't.

Switch in and win count 3/15

Sleepy the Hoothoot [F]

Level 18, Bold.

-Tackle
-Peck
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

Still my MVP, having won both gym battles now. She learnt Reflect as well, but couldn't use it against Bugsy either, as she'd have died trying. Peck and Tackle could do with more base power, but I'm assuming she'll learn something nice soon. Hypnosis is so hit or miss that I don't use it that often.

Fang the Zubat [F]

Level 16, Hasty

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

-Bite

My only way past rock pokémon. Lol. Bite has made her more useful but I can't see it lasting. I don't think she can be very happy with me either as she's fainted a few times, when ...'s been unable to save her.

TOGEPI the Togepi [M]

Level 1

-Growl
-Charm
-Extrasensory

Yeah so this hatched. Will be dumping it soon.

Wow, Whitney was easy. That was really unexpected.

Since I beat Bugsy I've actually done quite a lot, and met a couple of new team members as well. Immediately upon trying to leave Azalea Town, Richard Branson challenged me to a battle. He wasn't that difficult: indeed, I'm having trouble remembering whether he's a serious rival in this game or just a bit of a joke. The Johto police are definitely pretty piss poor, seeing as he's using the pokémon he stole from Professor Elm to win battles against gym leaders left, right and centre.

Fang the Zubat was the hero of the hour here, taking down his Gastly with two Bites, and then combining with Sleepy to bring down Quilava. His Zubat wasn't a match for Fang either, despite having access to Supersonic, a move Fang still refuses to use.

I had to backtrack to catch a pokémon capable of learning Cut, and met a Rattata who was willing to oblige. After that things were fairly simple going, as the three pokémon on my team fought well together in the woods and on the way to Goldenrod City. In Goldenrod I got a bike and did all the Radio Tower stuff that I have to do before Whitney will stop standing outside her own gym.

Before taking on the gym, which I thought would be nightmarish due to memories of Miltank's Rollout in the original GSC games, I went to try and do some other challenge-related stuff in the Bug-Catching Contest. With only two minutes left, we met a Scyther (having a Pinsir in the bag already), which was caught to win the contest! Second place was a Beedrill and third a Paras, so it was a fairly close competition all in all. Better than the Caterpies and Metapods that the runners up are usually so thrilled with, anyhow. So that was the Sun Stone acquired for Sunkern. Sadly the Scyther turned out to have the Technician ability, so I went off to catch a Ditto and get some breeding done.

As I cycled around with some Scyther eggs, I encountered Sunshine the Sunkern who joined the party, and promptly got battered by everything she faced. The only pokémon she's managed to beat by herself is the level 9 Sentret in Whitney's gym, and even that was a close one. After Wannabe the Scyther hatched, it got to the point that my level 14 Sunshine was being switched out of battle for the level 8 Wannabe in order to get anything from battles at all.

After a bit of grinding against level 10 bugs in the park, I got fed up, spent all my money and went to take on Whitney, assuming I'd lose the first time but at least get some idea of what my strategy could be later on. It was not to be though... I led with Sunshine, to try and get it some experience against her Clefairy, and to my great surprise managed to put it to sleep with Grasswhistle after losing most of my HP to Doubleslap. I switched ... in and used Poisonpowder and Reflect before finishing the still sleeping Clefairy with Magical Leaf. Against Miltank, the strategy was largely the same: using Super Potions to ensure that Reflect stayed up as Miltank's hit points were eaten away by poison. Whitney didn't use her Super Potion, as my Magical Leaf took Miltank from just above the range she tends to heal Miltank at, to within poison level of being fainted, and I acquired the Plain Badge! Here's the team that accomplished it, in order of value:

Sunshine the Sunkern [F]

Level 16, Careful
Solar Power

-Grasswhistle
-Growth
-Mega Drain
-Ingrain

Absolute dross. Seeing as I have to solo five fire types to evolve I might end up carrying her around in this state forever. Mega Drain does about 5% damage to pokémon five levels lower that it hits for neutral damage. LVP

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 14, Jolly
Swarm

-Vacuum Wave
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit

The only reason she's so low is because I've barely used her. I mean, she's levelled all the way up from level 1, but that's only against bugs in National Park. The Scyther I caught, her father, was at level 14 when I caught him, so he didn't know Quick Attack (or Vacuum Wave...) so all in all it's pretty good that I ended up having to breed for her. And check out that nature! She's got a future ahead of her.

Fang the Zubat [F]

Level 21, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

-Bite

She was excellent against Branson. Not a lot else to say. I gave her a haircut in the underground, so hopefully she'll evolve into Crobat fairly soon after the first evolution. I need the attack power of a final-stage evolution on the team. Doesn't make it to second place in the team because of ...'s heroics against Whitney.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 21, Lonely
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

She was so good against Whitney! After getting a Reflect up, she is so damn bulky, especially with Synthesis to heal her. I only had to attack once to beat Miltank, spending the rest of the time concentrating on keeping her alive, but maybe if I teach her Light Screen as well she could end up being an unexpected champion of the team. I don't know how good Magical Leaf will be in the long run, but if I get Toxic I'll be pretty happy. And she's already two-fifths of the way to being allowed to evolve.

Switch in and win count 6/15

Sleepy the Hoothoot [F]

Level 21, Bold
Keen Eye

-Confusion
-Peck
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

Still my MVP, having won the first two gym battles. I was expecting to use her against Whitney, but in the end she wasn't necessary. I've barely used her since Bugsy, but there's no way she's losing top spot, as apart from against Whitney, ... hasn't done anything like as much as she has.

Notes:

All my pokémon so far are female. Girl power. I'm enjoying this. I wonder whether I can be bothered to fish specifically for a female Corsola to complete the team? They are 75% female, so there will be a 2.25% chance of hooking one when I get to Olivine, and only a 0.75% of getting a male one. I'll see how patient I'm feeling.

My fourth update, this time from Ecruteak City, having beaten Morty.

Quite a lot has happened since I left Goldenrod City. Not only have I beaten Morty of the Ecruteak Gym to acquire the Fog Badge, but Fang has evolved all the way to Crobat, Sunshine has evolved into Sunflora and Sleepy is now a Noctowl! Not bad for a day's work.

Evolving Sunshine required a lot of grinding; she grew all the way to level 25, mostly against Machop and Geodude in Mt. Mortar, before she was able to take on any Fire-type pokémon. My first attempt was against a wild Growlithe just south of the city, where she used a combination of Leech Seed and Endeavour, taking an Ember hit inbetween and then relying on Growlithe not attacking again. Superb strategy, if I do say so myself. More impressively, she used the same strategy against a Charmeleon inside Burned Tower, which was fixated on using Leer and nothing else. Leech Seed sapped its entire health bar away without it attacking me once. A few more Growlithe later, she was able to evolve into Sunflora!

Fang evolved whilst grinding for Morty, and then straight away again at level 23. Perhaps because I've been giving her lots of haircuts and the Soothe Bell, but I'm still very happy that she loves me enough to evolve at the earliest opportunity!

The gym battle was pretty easy. I gave Sleepy a Quick Claw to hold, and she swept through the trainers prior to Morty with Hypnosis. His Gastly and Haunter couldn't do a great deal before he sent out Gengar. Quick Claw activated to put it to sleep, and from then on it was a case of using Confusion before he woke up. He did wake up and Morty used a Hyper Potion before the end of the battle which made things a little more tense, but when Gengar was down, and his final Haunter used Curse on half health, I had earned the Fog Badge! And Sleepy could finally evolve.

So without further ado, here's the team:

Sunshine the Sunflora [F]

Level 24, Careful @ Miracle Seed
Solar Power

-Endeavor
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain
-Ingrain

Still my LVP because of how annoying she was to evolve and the fact that she can't take on any Water-types. Flying, Water and Fire are really quite common at this point in the game, and she was unable to hurt anything for real damage in Morty's gym either, so that wasn't great. Endeavor isn't reliable as a main attacking move, and neither is Mega Drain.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 23, Lonely @ Everstone
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

I've barely used her at all since battling Whitney, as she was hopeless in the Ecruteak Gym and I spent the rest of the time levelling up Sunshine and others. Magical Leaf is a pretty awful move.

Switch in and win count 6/15

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 23, Jolly
Swarm

-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit

Really useful against all the trainers on either side of Ecruteak City. Focus Energy is quite good. It's definitely made some battles easier and the advent of Wing Attack means I now have something to take on Grass-types with apart from Sleepy's very weak Peck.

Fang the Crobat [F]

Level 23, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

-Bite

I can't have a third stage pokémon and not have it in my top two, even if her only decent attack is Bite. Bite helped me quite a lot in the gym and she's done her fair share outside as well. When she learns Poison Fang I might teach her Fly for outside-of-battle use and see if that role makes her any more valuable to the team.

Sleepy the Noctowl [F]

Level 26, Bold
Keen Eye @ Quick Claw

-Confusion
-Peck
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

The undeniable star of the show. She's beaten three out of four gym leaders pretty much by herself now and she's looked good whilst doing it. Evolution is only going to help her grow. Will she be able to keep it up? Find out in the next exciting installment!

So Chuck was quite difficult but I finished him off in the end.

Due to having cleaned up all the trainers on either side of Ecruteak City as part of my grinding before I battled Morty there wasn't much to do now apart from make a beeline for Cianwood City. There, I'd need to get the Secretpotion and beat Chuck for the Storm Badge.

That turned out to happen pretty quickly, especially as the very first pokémon I fished up in Olivine City was Bottoms Up the Corsola, the final member of my party! At last I'd have a water-type! She's not the best water type out there but she'll do.

After surfing over to Cianwood, defeating countless annoying Tentacool en route, there wasn't much else to do asides from challenge Chuck straight away. I'd completely forgotten that there's a bit of a jump in level here and so he took me a little by surprise. I still won though! Sadly Bottoms Up had fainted before going into this battle, but I didn't think she'd be that much use anyway. Fang did her best, biting Primeape four times before it finally hit me with Rock Slide. Next out was Sleepy, hoping to use Hypnosis before Primeape could use Rock Slide, but I missed twice and was hit twice - the first time Sleepy has participated in and been useless in a gym battle! ... finished the job though, using Magical Leaf to get around Primeape's Double Teams as it tried to use Focus Punch on me. Next out was Poliwrath which got a critical hit on ... to knock it out as well. All I had left was Bottoms Up and Wannabe, so it was going to be tight. Sunshine came out first to soften Poliwrath up, but could only lay down a Leech Seed before being KO'd with Body Slam. Wannabe did a lot better: immediately getting a critical hit Wing Attack to take Poliwrath down to only a sliver of its HP. But he paralysed me back with Body Slam, and healed with a Hyper Potion as my next Wing Attack failed to crit. We exchanged blows a few times, I healed with a Super Potion and soon enough the battle was mine. Only one paralysed pokémon left! Jasmine might be harder. We shall see.

The team:

Bottoms Up the Corsola [F]

Level 27, Bold
Natural Cure

-Surf
-Recover
-Refresh
-Rock Blast

I guess she's going to be my LVP but only because she's only battled wild pokémon and a handful of trainers so far. She was pretty crappy in the Cianwood Gym too. She'll improve. Rock Blast is a pointless attack on her.

Level 27, Careful @ Miracle Seed
Solar Power

-Endeavor
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain
-Ingrain

She's helped out a little since evolving but it wasn't anything the rest of the team wasn't capable of. I suppose the Leech Seed on Poliwrath might have contributed to the KO but I'm not entirely convinced.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 27, Lonely @ Everstone
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

Nothing has improved since last time apart from her level. She's improved her evolution count slightly.

Switch in and win count 8/15

Fang the Crobat [F]

Level 27, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Fly

-Bite

Obviously not much help in a Fighting Gym when she can only use Bite and Leech Life. She falls to third because of how good Wannabe was just then, and because she's not really done anything particularly important yet.

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 28, Jolly
Swarm

-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit

Saved the day against Chuck! And generally she's holding her own quite well against a range of threats. Anything that doesn't wall her is taken down pretty quickly, and I can switch her in to more than her typing would suggest. She was absolutely crucial in the Cianwood Gym, beating more than half of the trainers as well as getting the win against Poliwrath.

Sleepy the Noctowl [F]

Level 27, Bold
Keen Eye @ Quick Claw

-Confusion
-Peck
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

Still my MVP: one gym doesn't change all that. If I'd been a bit more intelligent and used something else to beat Primeape then I'd probably have ended up using her to defeat Poliwrath and would be raving about how incredible she is.

So I got really bored of grinding and challenged Pryce and Jasmine as their pokémon are awful.

This is seriously the most difficult pokémon game to grind in. All the wild pokémon are between level 15 and 18 in every route, it seems, and the Rockets in Mahogany Town all use Rattata and Zubat at level 20 even though you've probably got 5 badges by that point. I considered grinding against Gyarados in Lake of Rage but they're either level 10 or Magikarp. It's so irritating.

So I took on the gym leaders. Pryce was slightly harder. Also worth noting is that my entire team bar Corsola is weak to Pryce and nothing on my team apart from Corsola has a move that hits Jasmine's Steelix for anything approaching decent damage. I also can't use Sunshine against Pryce's water types. The three Flying types were going to be utterly hopeless for these two battles, but I chucked Fang at Pryce to soften him up and it took down his Seel before fainting. Then his Dewgong destroyed my Wannabe which can't do damage any more because it isn't a Technician. In the end ... came in and hit twice with Magical Leaf before being defeated by Aurora Beam. Then it was Sleepy's turn, and I managed to put Dewgong to sleep then do about 3HP damage at a time with Confusion to defeat it slowly. His Piloswine immediately shat all over Sleepy for the KO and seeing as I wasn't allowed to send out Sunshine it was all down to Bottoms Up. I tried out Rock Blast first, but midway through Piloswine's Sitrus Berry activated so that was no good. His next hit was going to KO me, so I had to get the critical hit on Surf... and I did! That was lucky. Sunshine wouldn't have to come into battle against one of its hated Water types after all.

Jasmine was easier however. The hard bit was going to be her Magnemites, as I don't have a single move that hits Steel types and Electric is strong against two thirds of my party. Steelix would probably be a pushover. Again I chucked Fang in kamikaze style at the start and she only managed two hits with Bite before being defeated. Then it was ...'s turn, to avoid having to switch something I desperately needed out at a critical moment later. She died pretty quickly as only Magical Leaf was remotely useful and that didn't do any damage. Then Sunshine had a crack. Leech Seed, Ingrain and Mega Drain slowly did the deed, and Jasmine used up her Hyper Potions on the Maggy which was nice of her. Slowly slowly does it, and eventually the first Magnemite was down. Steelix came out and used Screech as I seeded it. Having Ingrain down meant I couldn't switch out and was going to have to rely on being knocked out, then Reviving Sunshine for her last Magnemite. Sure enough, Steelix's Iron Tail OHKO'd me, and then it was Wannabe's turn. Focus Energy and Wing Attack did fuck all before a Rock Throw hit and OHKO'd her as well. Bottoms Up did the business once again with a Surf attack, and I switched into Sleepy as her final Magnemite was sent out. The plan was to hypnotise Magnemite and then use my items, but it failed. I took a Thunderbolt to the face and revived Sunshine the turn after as Sleepy fainted. Then it was Leech Seed + Ingrain + Mega Drain again, as Sunshine pulled her weight to defeat Jasmine and earn me my seventh badge, with my pokémon still at level 30. This game is such a joke.

I guess she's going to be my LVP but only because she's only battled wild pokémon and a handful of trainers so far. She was pretty crappy in the Cianwood Gym too. She'll improve. Rock Blast is a pointless attack on her.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 29, Lonely @ Everstone
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

She's pants. Poisonpowder is useless as I have to wait so long for the damage to stack up and Magical Leaf just isn't strong enough. She's only got 70HP so whenever I have to switch her in she takes a bit chunk of damage and then isn't quick enough to recover it with Synthesis. Evolution looks a long way off at the moment.

Switch in and win count 9/15

Sleepy the Noctowl [F]

Level 30, Bold
Keen Eye @ Quick Claw

-Confusion
-Take Down
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

How the mighty have fallen. She's done nothing at all since Morty really, apart from be a liability. Her stats are terrible, Hypnosis doesn't hit regularly enough, and Confusion/Take Down don't cut the mustard.

Fang the Crobat [F]

Level 30, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Fly

-Bite

Not done a lot since the last update. Every now and then she's outsped things that would otherwise really hurt the team and got crucial flinches, like with the Electrodes in the Rocket Hideout, but they weren't that scary as they were so low-levelled. She needs Poison Fang tbh.

Level 27, Careful @ Miracle Seed
Solar Power

-Endeavor
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain
-Ingrain

She's actually been quite useful recently! She was very handy to have around against Jasmine's Magnemites which were untouchable otherwise, and she does a good job when she finds something she's allowed to fight that she isn't weak too (which is infrequent, it has to be said). I'm looking forward to her learning some better moves, which is allowed now that I've beaten Chuck. I don't know when it'll be though, I can't remember her moveset.

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 31, Jolly
Swarm

-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit

Still in second for her role in beating Chuck. Not that impressive though, apart from when she gets to hit something with Wing Attack. Her other moves might as well not exist. She's the closest I have to a sweeper at the moment, thanks to her speed and STAB on Wing Attack.

Bottoms Up the Corsola [F]

Level 31, Bold
Natural Cure

-Surf
-Recover
-Lucky Chant
-Rock Blast

So she's gone from LVP to MVP just like that. Without her I'd never have gotten past Jasmine or Pryce, and Sleepy has been so much rubbish recently that there wasn't much competition for top spot. She's my only sensible attacker, she's capable of taking a few hits, and she has recovery. She's actually the only pokémon who isn't annoying me at the moment.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Still looking for four more pokémon for my RBY Scramble and six more for my HG scramble! Both medium hard please
Jangrafess, for your HG scramble, you get a Corsola. Every time it tries to learn a level-up move, flip a coin; Heads, you MUST teach it that level-up move. Tails, it CANNOT learn that level-up move, even by TM. You may teach it any TM and HM move you want without restriction. Have fun!

@jangrafess

For your RBY scramble, RNG a number between 1-15 (go to random.org, it's fairly self explanatory). Whatever number you get corresponds to the type of pokemon you must have, in alphabetical order. Here's the list for your convenience:
Bug(1), Dragon(2), Electric(3), Fighting(4), Fire(5), Flying(6), Ghost(7), Grass(8), Ground(9), Ice(10), Normal(11), Poison(12), Psychic(13), Rock(14), and Water(15). (Yes, I know Dark + Steel are gone; there are no Dark- or Steel-typed Kanto pokemon!)
then RNG a number between 1 and (however many families of that type there are; I'll put these in hide tags).
Bug: 6
Dragon: 1
Electric: 6 (not counting Zapdos)
Fighting: 6 (counting Poliwrath)
Fire: 6 (not counting Moltres)
Flying: 11 (not counting legendary bird trio or Aerodactyl)
Ghost: 1
Grass: 6
Ground: 7
Ice: 4 (not counting Articuno)
Normal: 16
Poison: 13 (counting Nidoran as 2 families)
Psychic: 3 (not counting Mew or Mewtwo)
Rock: 5 (not counting Aerodactyl)
Water: 16

Whatever number you get, get that families # in the Kanto pokedex and that's the pokemon you use. For example, I rolled between 1-16 and got 11. This corresponds to Normal type. Then, I rolled between 1-16 again and got 16, corresponding to Snorlax (Yay!). If you're still confused, PM/VM me, and I'll try to explain more.

Now to actual challenges! Must learn every level-up move, and no TMs. If they evolve, must solo one gym to evolve. If they evolve twice, must solo one rival to evolve the first time, and one gym to evolve the second time. They want to solo 2 E4 pokemon, and one of your rival's in the E4.

GL;HF! If it's too easy, tell me. I'll add more. (I'm almost positive it's not too hard.)

(If I have any mistakes in the types of 1st gen games, I apologize. Please tell me if I do, and I'll be happy to fix them. On another note, if you get a pokemon you already have, RNG both type and family # again. If you have two pokemon of the same type, however, tough tomatoes XD)

Jangrafess, for your HG scramble, you get a Corsola. Every time it tries to learn a level-up move, flip a coin; Heads, you MUST teach it that level-up move. Tails, it CANNOT learn that level-up move, even by TM. You may teach it any TM and HM move you want without restriction. Have fun!
Great, thank you!

@jangrafess

For your RBY scramble, RNG blah bah blah

Now to actual challenges! Must learn every level-up move, and no TMs. If they evolve, must solo one gym to evolve. If they evolve twice, must solo one rival to evolve the first time, and one gym to evolve the second time. They want to solo 2 E4 pokemon, and one of your rival's in the E4.
Thanks! I got the Ponyta line. So I don't get it until Pokémon Mansion, and then I have to solo either Blaine or Giovanni's gyms to evolve, which will be relatively tough with just level up move. But I'm more than happy to do this! :D It should be capable of soloing the E4 stuff, I think...

Jangafress, take Forgetful the Slowpoke. Now, while Forgetful can use Amnesia (and in fact, it needs to learn and never forget it), whenever it uses it, it ends up forgetting one of its other moves for 5 trainer battles. Notes: Forgetful needs to participate in those battles for them to count. The move Forgetful forgets can be determined by using one of the following methods: rolling a die or going to an RNG (the one you used for Espeon65's challange will work just fine) and inputting 1 and 3. For the die, 1 and 4 mean you forget the first of the 3 moves, 2 and 5 correspond to the second, and 3 and 6 the third, and the same applies to the RNG, just ignore the mentions of 4, 5, and 6. Multiple uses of Amnesia stack, and the second move must be determined by a coin flip. Also, for some inexplicable reason, using any items (not called Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, or Poke Flute) on Forgetful tends to cause the same effects as using Amnesia. Note: In the case of TMs and HMs, the move that would be temporarily forgotten cannot be Amnesia, the move Forgetful was just taught, or the move it forgot in place of said move. Also, because Forgetful forgot which Elite Four member used Fighting-types, the member it had the easiest time against and such wanted to solo, it took a random guess as to which one it was. As such, go to an RNG and put in the numbers 1 and 4. The number you get corresponds to which Elite Four member Forgetful must solo. Note: If you get an undesirable result, you can use the RNG again at the cost of one of Forgetful's non-Amnesia moves (again, RNGed) for the entire Pokemon League.

Have fun!

Hey guys, I basically signed up solely for this thread, after lurking Smogon for years - but this is way too much fun for me to miss out on it.
I'm not quite confident enough to give out Scrambled 'mons yet, but I would like to start my own Scramble: Platinum, medium difficulty, but mostly I'm looking for something creative, with character (and possibly backstory), possibly including my starter and not too common critters for the rest of the team. I can trade over stuff from my SoulSilver.
Go crazy!

Hey guys, I basically signed up solely for this thread, after lurking Smogon for years - but this is way too much fun for me to miss out on it.
I'm not quite confident enough to give out Scrambled 'mons yet, but I would like to start my own Scramble: Platinum, medium difficulty, but mostly I'm looking for something creative, with character (and possibly backstory), possibly including my starter and not too common critters for the rest of the team. I can trade over stuff from my SoulSilver.
Go crazy!
Ok, well, your first mon shall be my Signature Random the Togepi!!

As you have lurked, I assume you know what this entails, but I'll tell you here and now anyway:

1). Learn Metronom ASAP.
2). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP.
3). Use Metronome first when it enters battle.

Ok, with the basic requirements out of the way, I will let you in on the more advanced requirements:

Solo your rival in front of the Water Gym to evolve once. Solo one of his pokemon with Metronome only.

To evolve a second time, solo a Gym leader of your choice. One of his/her mon's must be solo'd with metronome only.

Have fun!!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Ariel9, your character's name shall be Satoshi the Male Pokemon Trainer.

You get Piplup for your starter. However! As soon as possible, you must trade Piplup for a level 5 male Pikachu, and use THAT as your starter instead! Pikachu must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party until you receive Random the Togepi. To prove its worth, Pikachu must solo Roark, even if it means it is disobedient! Pikachu may not equip a Light Ball unless you have 7 gym badges, and Pikachu may only evolve to Raichu after receiving 8 gym badges. Good luck!

Ariel9,

you get Luxord the Onix at the Oreburgh Mine. Luxord is a character from the series Kingdom Hearts, and is the master of cards and dice. (Cards are difficult to base a challenge on, so I'll go with the dice)
This Onix can learn any attack it wants, so the challenge will not be there. However, sturdy wants to show it is sturdy and therefore it wants to participate in all 8 gyms. As soon as you enter a gym, take a six-sided dice and roll it once. The number you get is the number of pokemon you have to solo in that gym.

To evolve, you must survive a super effective special attack crit and afterwards roll a six on your dice.

As a Steelix, when you evolved Onix, it gets really obsessed with dices. Everytime it wants to attack, roll the dice. You have to use the corresponding action against the opponent until you or it faints. Repeat this for every new opponent. The corresponding actions are:

1: top left attack
2: top right attack
3: bottom left attack
4: bottom right attack
5: switch out
6: do anything you like

GL!

edit: Jangrafess

take ... the Chikorita (yes, its name is three dots)

The three dots represent the feeling you will get using this pokemon.
Why, you ask? Because as it is one bulky critter, it does not want to kill its opponent with normal damaging moves. It can only learn one damaging move, and it must be magical leaf for obvious reasons.(you can use tackle until you learn it) Look at its leaves!!! Anyway, besides magical leaf, it can only learn supportive (non-damaging) moves. One of these has to be poison powder / toxic. As it feels really bulky and wants to show it off, he has to switch into any and all attacks your pokemon currently on the field will not be able to survive, as it wants to protect them from fainting.

To evolve for the first time, it must do so succesfully 15 times (meaning it has to knock out the opponent you had to switch into). To evolve for the second time, it has to do so an additional 10 times, but knock the opponent out with only using poison powder / toxic (you can use other moves to support yourself in doing so, like synthesis)

Have it solo an elite four or the champion, it's your choice which one.

GL!, I think you'll need it :)

GL!

Cheers Present! That sounds horrible. But I'm looking forward to it nonetheless!

I'm off travelling to the other end of the country tomorrow and I'd like to be able to get started on the way as I won't have a great deal else to do on the way, so if I could get two more pokémon for my Red team or four more for HeartGold, that'd be fantastic :D

Thanks guys, these are all GREAT challenges and I accept them all. Three down, three to go! I love Random the Togepi because as a kid playing Crystal I used to challenge myself to basically use Metronome as much as possible, so if you want to add a little more restrictions to that challenge, go ahead!
And I only just now realized I've never actually had a Pikachu in my team. Plus the dices are something I never played while playing Pokèmon. This is going to be so much fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)