Landorus-T: Underused Therian?

I'm a really big fan of Landorus-T in Sun. One of the biggest downsides to the Defensive Pivot Landorus-T, which is its best set imo, is its vulnerability to Water-type moves, commonly a Scald from Tentacruel which keeps it from even beating a Pokemon weak to its STAB. Sun fixes this problem well and in return Landorus-T can check strong dragons like Dragonite, Salamence, etc. which Sun appreciates.

http://pastebin.com/RuUDBmQV is the sun team I've had success with utilizing Landorus-T if anyone wants to try out this mon' in sun, I recommend it. The Balloon Volca gives a the team a Special Lando check, btw.

I play Defensive Landorus-T with a set with Stealth Rock / U Turn / EdgeQuake, and he has enough power to be powerful, and enough defense to take physical hits. I give him a Yache Berry : it's often useful but maybe there is better items

Landorus-t is by no means inferior to the Incarnate form.
Intimidate is one of the best trait in the game (especially in dp, but owell, we're in BW here)
Generally, I find Rocky Helmet a great team for Lando-t, Rocky is quite usefull, if you give it to someone with okay bulk, Intimidate, and resistance to Bug like Lando, the fact that Lando also learnes U-turn and Stealth Rock, makes him a great setter on Balanced and Bulky Offense teams.
The only problem I find with lando-t is lack of Roost, really, the lack of a concrete recovery it's quite sad.

I don't think Landorus T has power either. Sure, it has a high base power of 145, but in realitly, Landorus is much stronger with accesses to both Sand Force and Sheer Force, which provides boosts of 30% to certain attacks. Landorus T's only usefulness is using advantage of it's intimidate as a stealth rock fodder since can't really be support since it lacks a recovery and it can't sweep due to lack of movepool

I didn't use landorus-t a lot but I think it's a great defensive pivot for stall/balanced/bulky offense teams because intimidate is a great ability. Also it has stealth rock with a good bulkyness and u-turn to maintain the momentum. Why it doesn't have a recovery move?
however, I think landorus-n is better than landorus-t. Sheer Force, Sand Force and Rock Polish are a seriously op options and it can destroy offensive team (with rock polish) and stall team (with his coverage) excluding few Chansey/Blissey.

I don't think Landorus T has power either. Sure, it has a high base power of 145, but in realitly, Landorus is much stronger with accesses to both Sand Force and Sheer Force, which provides boosts of 30% to certain attacks. Landorus T's only usefulness is using advantage of it's intimidate as a stealth rock fodder since can't really be support since it lacks a recovery and it can't sweep due to lack of movepool
145 is wicked strong. Sand force doesn't apply for every move, and you need to maintain sand to abuse it. Landorus-T is amazingly powerful regardless of weather and can break through anything aside from Skarm and Gliscor provided you predict well (CB set)

When I had tried using a Volt Turn team recently, Genesect and Lando-T were by far my two favorites. Lando-T is an amazing pivot that is really helpful to have should you ever lose momentum (such as after a kill) while having that 145 base attack to maintain offensive pressure and SR to help support the team.

For me Landorus-I is a better special attacker with Sheer Force + Agility (Something like Agility Earth Power Psychic Hp Ice @ Life Orb) and Landorus-T is a better physical attacker with defensive pivot + SR

Landorus-T is the better physical attacker outside of Sand, but Landorus-I deals more damage (thanks to Sand Force) with Earthquake and Stone Edge (your best attacking options) in sandstorm.

And Focus Blast is better than Psychic on a Sheer Force special attacker. You're probably getting walled by the blobs anyway, but with Focus Blast, Stealth Rocks, and a little luck, you can 2HKO Blissey.

I agree the Choice Scarf Set along with Genesect can be a very strong combo (i never used this core before) but man when i face teams with this core, i kinda have to go on the aggressive side and make sure the opponent doesn't maintain momentum and Stealth Rocks is a Must otherwise Landorus-t and Genesect can grab the momentum very quickly without taking no damage. I really like Landorus-t Sets just in general, And He clearly has the best sprite/ design of the Therians

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Landorus-T is a very good Pokemon atm, and one of his best sets is:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 180 Spd / 252 Atk / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This set really makes him into a very fast and dangerous sweeper. You can boost based on whats needed, Swords Dance for slower bulkier teams, and Rock Polish for faster more offensive teams. If you can get both boosts in, this guy becomes very hard to stop. Earthquake + Stone Edge gives good coverage and helps hit the opponent really hard. Intimidate is also a great ability for Landorus-T, making setting up a lot easier.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been using:

Landorus-T@Leftovers
252 hp / 4 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly
~Earthquake
~U-turn
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance

on the OU ladder and I have to say I'm in love with it. It's one of those few Pokemon that has a use early, mid, and late game (not just sacrificial use either) by scouting (U-turn) early game, acting as a pivot mid game (252 hp + intimidate allows it to switch into a ton of threats), and cleaning up late game (SD + EQ / SE).

I like Pokemon that are versatile and useful to me throughout a match, and this set basically exemplifies that.

Kinda sad to see this thread not being posted in :(. My thoughts on Landorus T is that as a scarfer, Landorus I is better, due to the better speed tier and Sand Force. But as defensive pivot, I prefer Landorus T to Gliscor which I tended to use a lot in BW 1. Landorus T provides excellent momentum while still hitting hard. I use it in conjunction with Sdef rachi, who has good synergy with it and provides wish support. But speaking on offensively, the set dragonuser posted. I've have been swept numerous times by it. Intimidate allows easier set up and and Quake edge is excellent coverage. Double dance is a good lategame threat that on occasion is not expected. Landorus T is quite useful therefore in both a defensive role and offensive role.

Landorus-T has been helpfulfor me because of his access to u-turn + intimidate. He can pair up with a second intimidate user (I use hitmontop because he resists sr and has good bulk) and abuse his decent bulk and typing to pseudo haze physical attackers. Putting them at -2 quickly as well as having a ground immunity and fighting resist. He's one of my favourite defensive mons at the moment.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This set really makes him into a very fast and dangerous sweeper. You can boost based on whats needed, Swords Dance for slower bulkier teams, and Rock Polish for faster more offensive teams. If you can get both boosts in, this guy becomes very hard to stop. Earthquake + Stone Edge gives good coverage and helps hit the opponent really hard. Intimidate is also a great ability for Landorus-T, making setting up a lot easier.
i use this set on my offensive sand team, he is great for checking threats like jirachi or revenging tentacruel, or sub sweeping and weakening walls for my terrakion to sweep later, or just plowing through teams solo

i use this set on my offensive sand team, he is great for checking threats like jirachi or revenging tentacruel, or sub sweeping and weakening walls for my terrakion to sweep later, or just plowing through teams solo
If you are using it on sand, regular Landorus is better is nearly every way. I do realize your are not as powerful vs rain and sun, but the speed regular landorus brings is much more useful to boot.

Whenever using Landorus-T one should ask yourself seriously: Why am I not using Gliscor or regular Landorus here? If you don't have a good answer for that question, then you are using the wrong pokemon.

Deluks917

Ride on Shooting Star
I was playing Sand offense on the ladder and when I switched regular Landorus to Lando-T and the team was significantly improved. Intimidate is huge.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I use 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def and Adamant Nature
I feel it gives Landorus-T just enough bulk to survive some Ice Shards and HP Ices just barely. It also keeps both Scizor's and Genesect's U-Turn below 20% for repeated switch-ins early-game. Landorus doesn't really need 252 Attack imo, you're going to need Swords Dance for bulky stuff regardless and wimpy fast things like Gengar you don't need SD either way.

The answer is always the same: being able to actually deal damage without setting up.
Isn't an extra 50 base attack good enough of a reason to you?
With a scarf, it is one of my favorite volt-turn members. I haven't played the Gene-free volt-turn game though.

I didn't use landorus-t a lot but I think it's a great defensive pivot for stall/balanced/bulky offense teams because intimidate is a great ability. Also it has stealth rock with a good bulkyness and u-turn to maintain the momentum. Why it doesn't have a recovery move?
however, I think landorus-n is better than landorus-t. Sheer Force, Sand Force and Rock Polish are a seriously op options and it can destroy offensive team (with rock polish) and stall team (with his coverage) excluding few Chansey/Blissey.
Well! I would say first off Landorus-T can fire more powerful U-turn than Landorus-I, along with any other non-rock/ground/steel. Those moves are only more powerful when sandstorm (yeck!) is up. Also, you must keep in mind that with all the popularity of rain; your sandstorm won't stay up for long. Also, I think sand is becoming more and more mediocre. You know? With sand losing Excadrill and the last decent thing it had going for it (Sand Veil). In other words, you could use Landorus-T get more bulk more power, or use Landorus-I, be frailer, have a bit more speed, have to use sandstorm, just to probably have it taken away, and waste a team slot with Derptar, or Hippoderp. Oh, and please don't tell me I don't know my weather. I do and other weathers like rain and sun are better for offense. I would only recommend sand for stall.

I am a pretty strong proponent of Lando-T's bulky defensive set, actually. The sets you list are much more set-up heavy (or CB, so hit-and-run) but I like using Lando-T as a pivot that can gain me momentum. I always feel like I lose momentum with banded mons that aren't just u-turning or named Scizor, but that's just me.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
I love this set. It counters some really annoying offensive threats with intimidate and it's good bulk. I feel like it is the perfect counter to Terrakion, not to mention it has stealth rock. However Rotom-W and Gastrodon are huge threats and it would be good to use a pokemon like Starmie or Tentacruel who dont really mind being burned by Rotom and can resist ice moves. I think Landorus-T is a really good addition to OU because it adds a defensive pokemon that the metagame very well needed due to its massive influx of offensive threats.

And I might have just stated the obvious but I think Landorus-T gets no where near the credit it deserves.

I'm a fan of the Gravity set.

Landorus-T @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
-Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Suddenly, nothing is immune to that EQ, and Stone Edge becomes 100%? Throw in Intimidate and LO boosted UTurn to gtfo if need be.

91 Base speed is pretty god-awful, but as long as you can switch into something, then setup Gravity, you should be ok to let 'er rip on those Base 145 atk EQs.

Edit to add: Skarmory? HA! Eat EQ :)
This is ingenious. Didn't know Lando-T could get gravity.. 100% stone edge sounds nice.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

whitequeen used rocky helmet and i shamelessly stole it from him cuz its a fucking boss lol. proly one of the 5 best mons ive used in bw2 and normally im not a fan of sharing my favorite sets but this thing should be used more .__.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)