(BAN ME PLEASE) (Zangoose) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

A metagame where I can actually use my favorite Pokémon? Holy diglett! Just your average Zangster here, tried and true. In battle I don't tend to use him much, except towards the end (no duh?) , or in a clutch. Because of Facades that turn games around sometimes, I nominate Paingoose as my MVP. (Note: I hope I can get away with saying little in these descriptions, because honestly, we're here to see the team, not have an elementary lesson on basic metagame mechanics, am I right? We're not dummies, we know grass is super effective against water)

Don't Talk Shit About Total

Mother Fucker (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 72 Spd / 252 Atk / 184 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Probably the best Pokémon on the team thanks to Stealth Cocks. Golurk may look like a digimon and a yu-gi-oh monster had sex, but he's really the most versatile Pokémon in NU. A tank with SR with better STABS and ability than the legendary Carracosta; wazzuuupp?!!! Funny though, if I end up foddering 1 Pokémon, it's him. He's kinda slow and weak to many common attacking types. I kid Golurk, he's my uber important electric/fighting/normal absorber. It wouldn't be a (very good) team without him.

I Said Fuck Me

Piss (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Psychic

This is definitely the best Pokémon in NU. Capable of sweeping entire (noob) teams (without a dark type) just by leading and setting up, this pink smoking dreamer is hands down the most important member of this team. It's here to fold the Sawk, sponge all kinds of hits, and deliver the goods. You don't mess with Musharna. It also heals my team, so that's nice.

Bitch! I Love You

Bitch (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Nothing special to see here, only one of the best ice types with it's one and only viable set. Ice is like, as good a STAB as dragon down here in the nether reaches of NeverUsed. I used to get ran over by certain special attackers back when this thing was a Ludicolo/Gurdurr. Not. Anymore. Sadly, this Pokemon is my answer to hail. Eh, but who wants to centralize their team, right? I'd love to go on about how it helps me beat certain threats and synergies with Golurk or something, but honestly, I'm lazy. I'm also not that smart when it comes to determining what the Pokémon is actually doing for my team. I've always been a throw-6-baddies-that-type-synergy-well-together-and-see-what-happens kinda trainer. Heh, it worked this time. Regice is definitely not the star player.

You Can't Do Shit Without Your Balls

Shit (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rotom-S keeps it cool. Without a doubt the crux Pokémon of the team, Rotom's speed with the choice scarf is nearly unmatched in the tier. He's just so deadly with the all-mighty STAB t-bolt. What else can I say, really? I'm a fan.

I Meant This Thing, Not My Dick

Tits (Cinccino) @ Choice Band
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- U-turn

I've saved the best for last. This guy gets er done, tails down. It's a Pokémon like this that cancels out the lack of intellect that went into these descriptions and amplifies the awesomeness of my cliches with it's two fat, jiggly tails. CB Cinccinno is the glue to an already very sticky fly trap that is 'Bob Saget'. /Tail Slap

So yeah, that's my RMT.:pimp:

(BAN ME PLEASE) (Zangoose) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

Mother Fucker (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Piss (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Bitch (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Shit (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Changes: Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
>Regice

Zangoose - Adamant>Jolly

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
this team has trouble against physical water-types and fire-types in general due to lack of resists to either type. due to the lack of good bulky water-types in the tier, i'm going to have to suggest alomomola to patch up those weaknesses up. although it might look out of place on an offensive team like this, regenerator allows alomomola to act as an extremely bulky pivot that can pass huge wishes to your teammates. rotom-s and regice will enjoy this especially since they are weak to stealth rock. cinccino is the weakest link on your team, since it is sort of redundant with zangoose, so it should be replaced.

summary of changes:

cinccino —> alomomola

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

(Note: I hope I can get away with saying little in these descriptions, because honestly, we're here to see the team, not have an elementary lesson on basic metagame mechanics, am I right? We're not dummies, we know grass is super effective against water)

Yeah, the reason for the descriptions isn't for you to reiterate what the moves do. What raters want/need to know if WHY you chose the the move/item/nature/Pokemon/etc. Can you please not use the F-word? It offends me.

This looks like a pretty standard Normal spam team. I'm assuming it was pre-Hail, because it doesn't look like it adapts quite as well to the current Hail metagame. You have weaknesses to Fighting, Ice, and Water types (all standard offensive types that are pretty common). On a common Hail team, the combo of Sawk and Rotom-F can already dismantle most of your team. You do have Musharna, but it loses a lot of Moonlight recovery in Hail. Outside of Hail though, Heavy Weather Offense can also do a number on your team, even with Regice.

Perhaps Duosion would be a good replacement for Musharna? It may not be quite as bulky, but it takes little from even Choice Banded Sawk's attacks, and Recover isn't affected by any weather condition. It also has naturally higher Special Attack than Musharna. Regardless of whether you change of nor, Musharna might also be better off using Signal Beam instead of Heal Bell; Heal Bell forces a Toxic Zangoose to have to find ANOTHER opportunity to activate Toxic Orb. You also already have RestTalk on Regice. Signal Beam at the very least doesn't spend a turn ding nothing to your opponent, which is generally a bad thing for an offensive team like this.

Regice could also use a Calm Nature since the Modest Nature doesn't really guarantee any KOs without more hazards than you have. Taking less damage from Rain boosted Ludicolo's Hydro Pumps is also helpful for your team. An EV spread of 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spe is also more efficient for reducing Rock damage, and also outspeeding opposing Golem/Regirock.

Changes:

Musharna: Signal Beam>Heal Bell
-OR-
Duosion>Musharna
Regice: Calm>Modest

WhiteDMist, this team does not have a Fighting, Water, or Ice-type weakness: Regice covers Water- and Ice-types brilliantly and the combination of Golurk and Musharna can beat generally every Fighting-type. Mysterious Trainer, if you get rid of Regice on this team, you will have a ton of trouble with any offensive Water- and Ice-type. I do not recommend it.

Now MysteriousTrainer, RestTalk is not Regice's only good set. Thunder Wave / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Rest/Focus Blast and Rock Polish / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast are both good sets that one could use if they dislike RestTalk.

I think you should go with Adamant > Jolly on Zangoose. Adamant gives you a helpful power boost that is useful in various situations. If you use Adamant, you lose out on Jolly Zangoose, Jolly Pinsir, Timid Rotom-Frost and Jolly Sawk. Zangoose, Pinsir, and Sawk generally use Adamant, and Pinsir and Sawk can be dealt with fairly easily with your team. Rotom-Frost is annoying, but a lot of variants of them are still Choice Scarf. If Rotom-Frost is a big enough threat to your team in your opinion, you should keep Jolly. Your call.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@DTC: Yeah, I made this rate at work, and I was forced to get off the computer repeatedly. :P Not my best rate. It's true, this team doesn't have problems with them in general. However, Hail teams tend to carry at least two of the above, and he doesn't really have a reliable switch-in to Sawk except Musahrna and unweakened Golurk. Mushy can still be worn down pretty easily with repeated hits, and it has trouble taking Blizzards without a CM boost. Admittedly, Hail isn't quite as common as it could be, but it's still a threat to this team. Regice takes on Blizzards well, but repeated switches hurts MG's team a lot.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WhiteDMist, why would Sawk be that much of a problem when he utilizes a combination of Musharna and Golurk and the fact that Sawk cannot switch in on any of his offensive Pokemon (add to the fact that they all naturally outspeed Sawk)? Also, even when Regice has to switch in and out a few times, that does not change the fact that most Ice-type Pokemon can hardly even touch Regice, and Rest-Talking means that it doesn't really have to worry about being worn down towards them as much.

Regarding weaknesses, if anything, I'm seeing a bit more of a weakness to opposing Cincinno since it outspeeds everything aside from his Scarf Rotom-S and he really doesn't have any reliable response to it, defensively, since everything is either OHKO'd or 2HKO'd. To a lesser extent, Piloswine can also be a bit annoying to take down in this team due to it beating several of your team 1v1. I think you should think about considering Gurdurr over Cincinno, as this gives you a great check to those threats, holds out on its own quite well against Physical threats that FLCL so mentioned, and gives you the luxury of having a nice offensive check to Hail and opposing Offense with the nice ability of sweeping with Bulk Up if you so desire.

Also, this cannot be stressed any further guys, but rather than trying to identify weaknesses to a certain type on a team, try focusing more on keying it on specific threats. Be more specific of what threats that a team is exactly weak to, rather than mentioning typing-weaknesses so much.

Summary of Changes:

Cinccino —> Gurdurr

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts / Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)