FireMage's MYSTERY Egg Run

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really needs a (hot) tag - fate said it was ok for me to post this

Hello and Welcome to my mystery egg run. For those who don't know what a mystery egg run is it basically boils down to three rules. You can add additional rules to make it more difficult or to make it slightly easier for you.
1) The Eggs obtained must come from someone else.
2) You must trade away your party as soon as you can.
3) The entire run is done using 6 Pokémon obtained from eggs

The recipient must not know what's in the eggs - it spoils the fun.

Additional Rules I’m using

1. If a Pokémon faints against a Gym Leader, E4 Member or any other significant character* it is deemed dead and must be released/boxed
  2. Dead Pokémon can be replaced but must do so with another egg and within an hour of losing it. If time runs out then I lose the slot.
*Significant charcter is determined by those who have a unique sprite.

Current Status – Waiting For Eggs

Egg 1 – [Enraikou]
Heracross (F) "Enrico"
Naive / Likes to thrash about
Moxie
-Horn Attack
-Endure
-Counter
-Brick Break

Egg 2 – [Phoenix512]
Shinx (M) "Leon"
Docile / Strongly Deifant
Intimidate
-Tackle
-Swagger
-
-

Egg 3 – [DHR-107]
Nincada (F) "Nina"
Mild / Scatters things often
Compoundeyes
-Harden
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace
-Dig

Egg 4
– [Layell]
Sneasel (M) "Slicer"
Naive / Alert to sounds
Keen Eye
-Scratch
-Leer
-Taunt
-Ice Punch

Egg 5 – [DHR-107]
Pineco (F) "Boomy"
Hardy / Often Lost in thought
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Protect
-Earthquake
-

Egg 6 – [DHR-107]
Cubchoo (M) "Bear"
Bold / Throughly Cunning
Snow Cloak
-Powder Snow
-Ice Punch
-
-

Adventure Logs – Italics mean Pre-egg
Game - Black 2

• · Obtained Tepig
  • · Cleared Floccesy Ranch
  • · Caught a Full party + 1
  • · Beat Cheren

I'll try my best to make it as interactive/interesting as possible. You can also catch me on #orangeislands.

Egg Donaters - People who're willing to donate eggs to other peoples runs
Gen 5
DHR-107
Espeon65
FireMage
Phoenix512

Gen 4
Espeon65
FireMage

Current Runs
FireMage No link it's this thread :P
Espeon65

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I can donate eggs, seems like a great idea. I'd like to try this at some point on a White 2 Challenge difficulty run to be honest! I know it is the rage over at GameFAQs too.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I can easily get genIV and genV eggs. I cannot post FC's as I don't have my DS rihgt now.

I'll do one of these as soon as I finish up a HeartGold Wedlocke I'm doing-see my signature for the link to what a Wedlocke is if you don't know. I have the following games: Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold/Soulsilver (but I'd prefer not to do this), White, White 2. I also have LeafGreen, Ruby, and Sapphire, but you can't trade over wifi for that, so it totally won't work lol. So, the first person to post saying that they can/will give me an egg can choose!

I can as well. Which game and do you want some crappy pokemon egg or something that actually has use?
For me, you can choose if you want. And of course, I'd like a useful one but that would kinda ruin the fun! So maybe a few useful ones and a few crappy ones.

EDIT: Also, depending on how far I got in each game, I can pretty much donate eggs in any of the games mentioned earlier.

EDIT 2: 600th post!!!

I can contribute an egg, in fact i have 2 egg hanging around right now
It not going to be a bad quality pokemon, sadly....

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll do one of these as soon as I finish up a HeartGold Wedlocke I'm doing-see my signature for the link to what a Wedlocke is if you don't know. I have the following games: Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold/Soulsilver (but I'd prefer not to do this), White, White 2. I also have LeafGreen, Ruby, and Sapphire, but you can't trade over wifi for that, so it totally won't work lol. So, the first person to post saying that they can/will give me an egg can choose!
I'll be able to donate eggs to any of game of your choice (obv Gen III's a little iffy)

For me, you can choose if you want. And of course, I'd like a useful one but that would kinda ruin the fun! So maybe a few useful ones and a few crappy ones.

EDIT: Also, depending on how far I got in each game, I can pretty much donate eggs in any of the games mentioned earlier.
I'll add you to the list of Donaters then!

I can contribute an egg, in fact i have 2 egg hanging around right now
It not going to be a bad quality pokemon, sadly....
Not sure who this is aimed at, but I dont mind - any difficulty is appreciated.

I've been trying to avoid hatching the eggs I've obtained from Phoenix, Enraikou and DHR but I'm going to hatch them tonight (8pm GMT) To see what I've got already. I'm hoping to obtain the last three by then. So if anyone has any spare eggs lieing around their game, come onto #Orangeislands on irc and drop me a message!

I'll be able to donate eggs to any of game of your choice (obv Gen III's a little iffy)

I've been trying to avoid hatching the eggs I've obtained from Phoenix, Enraikou and DHR but I'm going to hatch them tonight (8pm GMT) To see what I've got already. I'm hoping to obtain the last three by then. So if anyone has any spare eggs lieing around their game, come onto #Orangeislands on irc and drop me a message!
Well, i was really hoping someone would pick a game for me to do, but i guess I'll just do White. And I might have an egg for you on White 2; it will come from my White though. I'll VM you in a bit about it.

I am going to do this for White! I'm not going to use Firemage's additional rules.

Current Status: Waiting For My Wifi To Be Fixed So I Can Get More Eggs

Egg 1: [Layell]-Cottonee
Egg 2: [Phoenix512]-Budew
Egg 3: [FireMage]-???
Egg 4: [DHR-107]-???
Egg 5: [Belbazoar]-???
Egg 6: [???]-???

Adventure Logs:

- Obtained Tepig
- Obtained Pansage
- Beat Cress
- Obtained Layell's egg, it was a Cottonee.
- Obtained Phoenix512's egg, I haven't hatched it yet.
- Hatched Phoenix's egg, it was a Budew.
- My wifi crapped out when I was trying to trade FireMage and DHR-107 :(

FireMage

Disgraced
Ok, I've got my last two eggs, I've had to get them from DHR 'cause no-one else seems to have an egg...Or Wifi for that matter. I'm off to hatch and the OP will be updated with the contents of each egg - then I can begin the adventure!

I am going to do this for White! I'm not going to use Firemage's additional rules.

Current Status: Waiting For My Wifi To Be Fixed So I Can Get More Eggs

Egg 1: [Layell]-Cottonee
Egg 2: [Phoenix512]-Budew
Egg 3: [FireMage]-???
Egg 4: [DHR-107]-???
Egg 5: [???]-???
Egg 6: [???]-???

Adventure Logs:

- Obtained Tepig
- Obtained Pansage
- Beat Cress
- Obtained Layell's egg, it was a Cottonee.
- Obtained Phoenix512's egg, I haven't hatched it yet.
- Hatched Phoenix's egg, it was a Budew.
- My wifi crapped out when I was trying to trade FireMage and DHR-107 :(
I could toss you a random egg from my White 2

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm trying to burn through the end of my White 2 game to try this as well.

Also @ Above I can sort out some eggs in a few hours, I'm at work atm.

FireMage

Disgraced
I can also help out with some Eggs - Sorry I've been neglecting this (Update-wise) I haven't been playing Black 2 as much as I want to. I've recently beaten the third gym and am well on my way to beating Elesa

I'll post something to keep you guys rallied.

So far, I've found out that;
-Heracross is an absolute beast - It cn take hits and once it gets Moxie rolling, it's pretty much a steamroller.
-Sneasel has also pleasently surprised me with it's really good speed and attack (The fact it has got Ice Punch :P)
-Luxio is alright - I'll be using it in my Battle with Elesa because I think Zebstrika has
-Cubchoo REALLY needs babying
-I've neglected Pineco and I really shouldn't. It adds a little bit of extra insurance against Skyla and Drayden.
-I've Evoled Nina into both Shedinja and Ninjask and don't know which to keep, thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)