Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Gratz Manitary, nice job on Snake's solo's, quite impressive. I am happy to see Snake do so much work in the Elite four.
That was quite hard! Paralysis seems to be non existent lol and the damage output without Sludge Bomb and similar moves is very low. Intimidate is really a good ability to alleviate the problem, except when flying mons come in a row and/or use special moves (Outrage *coff*) since with SpA/SpD split in FR there isn't a X Special Defense. And Stockpile was different from now, damn it! xD
I enjoy how you straight gave up on Gneulaut.

How did you enjoy War/Peace? Most people enjoy feedback of their Pokémon in order for us to properly give better challanges.
Gneulaut was really a good pokémon, the set I used is terryfing and doesn't work only vs Vital Spirit/Insomnia pokémon (= Drowzee/Hypno/Mankey/Primeape). The only problem is that I didn't level him up at the right time (e.g. through the story just after the catch) and when you're a step away from the end, grinding becomes quite tedious expecially without exp.share (it requires 50 pokémon entries in the dex) and with not-much-exp-giving pokémon.
Maybe I could give him all the Rare Candies to have a spot in the league battles other than death fodder, since Bruno's pokémon always use rock moves on the switch instead of normal/fighting (even when they would be super effective) and the only one who need a turn to hit him is Hitmonlee.

The idea behind War/Peace (I mean, the change of heart upon evolution) is nice, the problem is that you catch him at around lvl 13 and he evolves only at lvl 28. So if you choose to evolve him and you haven't an intermediate objective (soloing a late game gym/gym leader prior to evolve is probably a good idea) you can just grind the experience needed and obtain Peace without "experiencing" War, which is bad because I think War is far more challenging than Peace...expecially if you choose to not evolve!
Seeing his physical movepool I'm really happy of my choice because the best set is probably Double Edge/Shadow Ball/Dig/Aerial Ace and he has bad stats (expecially defenses) so it's very hard to solo an E4, the easiest is probably Agatha but in my case it wouldn't have been possible because of Snake.
That's it: I would add the request of soloing something if you want him to evolve.

Nuke at the beginning is interesting: soloing a gym leader w/o Iron Tail means that you must wait Lt.Surge/Erika...or you're forced to beat Rock if you haven't any other pokémon yet ;) not an easy task but you have Growl so it's doable. Then he becomes boring since you're just spamming Flamethrower. And at the end he returns interesting since the inability of switching out is often a drowback (as you can see against Blue, I can't switch out against a Rhydon with Reflect up).
...I just noticed that I violated a clause since I used some Hyper Potion on Nuke, so I'm going to re-do the E4 in the right way. It won't be a big problem though, I've just to change the 5 designated pokémon: I'll probably go for some Bruno's pokés and then see how many I've left, other easy are Haunter and Exeggutor.

Kirby is a real pain, a true challenge. His stats are just bad, so even with the right moves (Brick Break/Ice Beam depending on situation) is still hard to solo Giovanni, and things are just worse if you don't have X Defend.

Calamitous was nice, his only problem are Water and Grass gym. Fortunately, the first doesn't present strong Water-type attacks so he has time to strike; and so probably the second lol but you can skip it and come back when he can OHKO with Magnitude/EQ/Rock Slide (depending on the level)

-edit- done, video uploaded (link in the previous post, see signature)

@Espeon65

Take a Luvdisc because seriously you knew this shit was coming. No restrictions, other than it and its partner must solo an Elite 4 member, because, y'know. Luvdisc.

@Espeon65

Take a Luvdisc because seriously you knew this shit was coming. No restrictions, other than it and its partner must solo an Elite 4 member, because, y'know. Luvdisc.
Accepted! Also, I wanna repost this here since it was at the bottom of the last page so idk if anyone but you saw it.

Okay, so I want to do something different. Having started and given up on many Scrambles already (4 and counting!), I have a new idea that is slightly harder but also more fun. I don't know how many of you watch/follow Marriland on YouTube, but you should check him out. Anyway, he came up with a Nuzlocke-variant called a Wedlocke. I don't want to explain the rules, so see my signature for the thread about it. Anyway, I want to mix this with a Scramble. I request a Pokemon Sapphire Scrambwedlocke!

Rules:
- Easy/maybe medium difficulty because it's just harder in general
- Each scramble pokemon is paired with another one (gender makes no difference in this case). Basically, just give me a pokemon, and the next pokemon given to me is his/her partner.
- No 1-pokemon solos. The only solos are for a pair.

- No Mudkip. I used to love him so much that now, he's ruined for me because i used him too much.
- Please only 1 partner-soloing per pokemon, because if Pokemon 1 of the pair gets 2 solos and so does Pokemon 2, then they have to collectively solo 4 GLs/people/whatever.
- Maybe some unique pokes?
- I want 2 pokemon at Roxanne, 3 at Watson, 4 at Norman, 5 at Winona, and 6 at Wallace. (So, I can't get 3 pokemon before Roxanne, but I have to get 2, but I can have 3 by Brawly, just no more after that until after Watson, etc.)

Take LowIQ the Slakoth.

Low IQ loves the opposite gender, but is too stupid to know how to attract them. It thinks that showing off it's power will work best. As such, it can only use damaging moves.

Once it evolves, it gets more intelligent......somewhat. It must now learn Attract ASAP and use it at the start of any battle against a pokemon of the opposite gender.

Once it evolves again, I realizes that a perfect mate will never be satisfied by pure, brute force. As such, it can only use Special moves and Attract. It must use Attract on every Female pokemon it sees. Rename it HearThrob.

HearThrob and his/her mate must solo Sydney, but HearThrob must land the killing blow on all his mons. Also, because of HearThrob/LowIQ's Attract restriction, it's partner must attack it when there is a pokemon of the opposite gender is being faced.

Espeon65, take Voodoom the Sableye. This Sableye believes it's actually Voodoom, the fabled "perfect mate". Because it thinks it's a Voodoom, its moveset must be composed solely of moves Voodoom can learn ASAP (for convenience, the list can be found here). Also, as Voodoom's intended partner was Togekiss, Voodoom's partner must be either a Flying-type or a Normal-type. As for personality, Voodoom strives to be an admirable gentleman (or gentlewoman). As such, if its partner is statused or in the red during a double battle, Voodoom shall willingly give its turn up to heal its partner.
Finally, Voodoom hears about Tate and Liza and their bond. Voodoom mistakes this bond as a "boyfriend-girlfriend" kind, rather than the "brother-sister" variety, and because of this misconception, Voodoom and its partner must solo Tate and Liza.

Have fun!

Calamitous was nice, his only problem are Water and Grass gym. Fortunately, the first doesn't present strong Water-type attacks so he has time to strike; and so probably the second lol but you can skip it and come back when he can OHKO with Magnitude/EQ/Rock Slide (depending on the level)

-edit- done, video uploaded (link in the previous post, see signature)
Glad you liked him. That was one of my first challenges to give out. I hope to give out more and even take a challenge of my own when I have the time and a game available.

@Naix
here's a challenge for your colosseum scramble:

You may take Vanguard the Flaffy.

Vanguard is very frustrated as a Shadow Pokémon. Being a shadow Pokémon reminds him of the prick it lost its crush to and often lashes out because it is unhappy with how he now compares to him (because he was a jerk). As such, while a shadow Pokémon it must only use damaging moves, and must first use shadow rush. Also, after you call him out of fever mode, the next turn Vanguard will begin to sulk and must either be called again or must have a healing item used on it.

After purification, Vanguard realizes the wrongs he has done as shadow Pokémon and makes a moral oath to repay his debts to society. To do so he joins the force with the mission to help hunt down the Pokémon still trapped as a shadow Pokémon. To do so, he must enter the fight whenever a shadow Pokémon appears in order to assist in its capture. It should also be noted that his policy is to take them into custody in health, so Vanguard must Taser the enemy shadow Pokémon with thunder wave.

Since your character has such obscure backgrounds, after purification Vanguard is wary of you and your motives, and so may not be the first or second in your party/may not be sent out immediately. Vanguard does want to keep an eye on you though, so it may not leave your party. Vanguard lacks this trust for you until level 42.

Also, upon learning thunder, Vanguard gets a new girlfriend/boyfriend and becomes much more positive towards life and his work. You must have a Pokémon of the opposite gender of Vanguard set aside in your party to become this girlfriend/boyfriend in order to Vanguard to be able to learn thunder. Whenever the two fight in battle together, they must attack the same enemy together.

Oh and that prick that originally stole his crush, it’s Ein’s Lanturn, so have Vanguard solo that poke for sweet revenge.

Do Enjoy

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Espeon, give me a little bit.. you get scrambled the illumise. Just modifying the challange.

Scrambled the Illumise!!!
I don't know if you watch Marriland on youtube, but I sure do, and on his emerald nuzlocke he caught an Illumise and named it Omelette! Unfortunately, she did die during the nuzlocke - or so Marriland though! She just barely clung on to life, and is in such a state that who she thought were her friends have given her the nickname scrambled omelette (Marriland releases his dead that's how she went into the wild) so that's why you must call her Scrambled! Now, when Scrambled was in full health she had so much swag, she wore black glasses and knew Swagger! So, for your first 2 restrictions, Scrambled must always hold blackglasses and learn Swagger ASAP, there doesn't appear to be a swagger move tutor in sapphire, so could you trade Scrambled to emerald, fire red or leaf green for the move? Scrambled learned thief when she was in a healthier state, however as you need to be nimble and healthy to steal things, Scrambled may not learn thief, yet must still hold blackglasses! Scrambled perseveres though; she persevered when she almost died that fateful day and she perseveres now! She must solo any gym leader (with her partner) AFTER obtaining and learning swagger. Scrambled must use swagger on every of the pokemon the gym leader (or elite four member, if you want) it solos! Now, Scrambled is in such a mental state that she may have only 2 special attacking moves at one time which, including the permanent swagger, leaves it only one possible physically attacking move or 2 status moves! I think that's probably enough, but as a final challenge, Scrambled was "killed" by a Gyarados, so Scrambled must solo any Gyarados you see. If Scrambled isn't already out when a Gyarados leads a battle or you run into a wild one Scrambled must switch in and solo it (I know this breaks the rules a little, if you really don't want to break the rules then just try as hard as you can to have Scrambled or her partner in the lead spot when wild gyarados' or gyarados trainers are around)! If a Gyarados makes Scrambled faint again then Scrambled may only learn 3 moves, and may only learn one special attacking move and then swagger, leaving room for either a physically attacking move or 2 status attacks. Oh, and she must get the 2 (unless you faint from a gyarados) special moves ASAP, as well as Swagger ASAP as mentioned above.

A pretty complicated challenge but... ENJOY!!! :D
------------------------------------------------------------
Also Naix, I didn't know you were doing a colosseum scramble! Well, if you still have spaces free I'll give you a pokemon, if not then don't worry. I won't write a challange until someone says there a spaces free though.

Well then Espeon65, let me reserve a poke , my signature RNG. editing in in a moment, expect a poke with interesting typing.

You get RNG the Torchic.Torchic is a fan of RNG and bases his challenges on it. You may learn a total of [1-3] damaging moves, while all your moves must be off [1-4] different types ASAP, and they must stay at that number. Torchic may evolve for the first time at level [20-30] after soloing [1-3] gyms (excluding gym leaders) and evolve a second time at level [36-46] after soloing [1-3] other gym leaders / bad organization leaders. For every time RNG faints, throw away [5-20] of your most expensive pokeballs, or [5-10] of your most expensive items. You may heal Torchic a maximum of [1-5] times per battle.
Torchic [may=1/may not=2] hold items. (If yes, he must always hold an item) To prove your starters worth, have it solo at least [1-4] elite four and champion pokemon per fight of [1-3] members.

I toned down the challenges a bit because you are restricted to a pair. All challenges can be done in your pair, so all solo's apply to Torchic and its partner. I would advise the partner of this pokemon to not have any solo's, as Torchic already has potentially many. If you still deem a certain part of this challenge to be too difficult, please say so. RNG the numbers between brackets to find out your restrictions.

GL

Take LowIQ the Slakoth.

Low IQ loves the opposite gender, but is too stupid to know how to attract them. It thinks that showing off it's power will work best. As such, it can only use damaging moves.

Once it evolves, it gets more intelligent......somewhat. It must now learn Attract ASAP and use it at the start of any battle against a pokemon of the opposite gender.

Once it evolves again, I realizes that a perfect mate will never be satisfied by pure, brute force. As such, it can only use Special moves and Attract. It must use Attract on every Female pokemon it sees. Rename it HearThrob.

HearThrob and his/her mate must solo Sydney, but HearThrob must land the killing blow on all his mons. Also, because of HearThrob/LowIQ's Attract restriction, it's partner must attack it when there is a pokemon of the opposite gender is being faced.
Espeon65, take Voodoom the Sableye. This Sableye believes it's actually Voodoom, the fabled "perfect mate". Because it thinks it's a Voodoom, its moveset must be composed solely of moves Voodoom can learn ASAP (for convenience, the list can be found here). Also, as Voodoom's intended partner was Togekiss, Voodoom's partner must be either a Flying-type or a Normal-type. As for personality, Voodoom strives to be an admirable gentleman (or gentlewoman). As such, if its partner is statused or in the red during a double battle, Voodoom shall willingly give its turn up to heal its partner.
Finally, Voodoom hears about Tate and Liza and their bond. Voodoom mistakes this bond as a "boyfriend-girlfriend" kind, rather than the "brother-sister" variety, and because of this misconception, Voodoom and its partner must solo Tate and Liza.

Have fun!
Espeon, give me a little bit.. you get scrambled the illumise. Just modifying the challange.

Scrambled the Illumise!!!
I don't know if you watch Marriland on youtube, but I sure do, and on his emerald nuzlocke he caught an Illumise and named it Omelette! Unfortunately, she did die during the nuzlocke - or so Marriland though! She just barely clung on to life, and is in such a state that who she thought were her friends have given her the nickname scrambled omelette (Marriland releases his dead that's how she went into the wild) so that's why you must call her Scrambled! Now, when Scrambled was in full health she had so much swag, she wore black glasses and knew Swagger! So, for your first 2 restrictions, Scrambled must always hold blackglasses and learn Swagger ASAP, there doesn't appear to be a swagger move tutor in sapphire, so could you trade Scrambled to emerald, fire red or leaf green for the move? Scrambled learned thief when she was in a healthier state, however as you need to be nimble and healthy to steal things, Scrambled may not learn thief, yet must still hold blackglasses! Scrambled perseveres though; she persevered when she almost died that fateful day and she perseveres now! She must solo any gym leader (with her partner) AFTER obtaining and learning swagger. Scrambled must use swagger on every of the pokemon the gym leader (or elite four member, if you want) it solos! Now, Scrambled is in such a mental state that she may have only 2 special attacking moves at one time which, including the permanent swagger, leaves it only one possible physically attacking move or 2 status moves! I think that's probably enough, but as a final challenge, Scrambled was "killed" by a Gyarados, so Scrambled must solo any Gyarados you see. If Scrambled isn't already out when a Gyarados leads a battle or you run into a wild one Scrambled must switch in and solo it (I know this breaks the rules a little, if you really don't want to break the rules then just try as hard as you can to have Scrambled or her partner in the lead spot when wild gyarados' or gyarados trainers are around)! If a Gyarados makes Scrambled faint again then Scrambled may only learn 3 moves, and may only learn one special attacking move and then swagger, leaving room for either a physically attacking move or 2 status attacks. Oh, and she must get the 2 (unless you faint from a gyarados) special moves ASAP, as well as Swagger ASAP as mentioned above.

A pretty complicated challenge but... ENJOY!!! :D
Well then Espeon65, let me reserve a poke , my signature RNG. editing in in a moment, expect a poke with interesting typing.

You get RNG the Torchic.Torchic is a fan of RNG and bases his challenges on it. You may learn a total of [1-3] damaging moves, while all your moves must be off [1-4] different types ASAP, and they must stay at that number. Torchic may evolve for the first time at level [20-30] after soloing [1-3] gyms (excluding gym leaders) and evolve a second time at level [36-46] after soloing [1-3] other gym leaders / bad organization leaders. For every time RNG faints, throw away [5-20] of your most expensive pokeballs, or [5-10] of your most expensive items. You may heal Torchic a maximum of [1-5] times per battle.
Torchic [may=1/may not=2] hold items. (If yes, he must always hold an item) To prove your starters worth, have it solo at least [1-4] elite four and champion pokemon per fight of [1-3] members.

I toned down the challenges a bit because you are restricted to a pair. All challenges can be done in your pair, so all solo's apply to Torchic and its partner. I would advise the partner of this pokemon to not have any solo's, as Torchic already has potentially many. If you still deem a certain part of this challenge to be too difficult, please say so. RNG the numbers between brackets to find out your restrictions.

GL
All accepted but Scrambled! I'm sorry, it's not that it's too hard. I did watch Marilland's Emerald Nuzlocke, and I love the challenge, but I have no way of teaching her Swagger! I can't trade because I don't have a link cable :(! I will roll for RNG in a few minutes. And, even though it's supposed to be like challange #1 and challange #2 are partners, I still can't make RNG and Voodoom partners due to Voodoom needing a flying- or normal- type.

Celever

i am town
Espeon, how about Scrambled took such a turn for the worst, the best thing she can do is flatter! So... yeah, replace swagger with flatter for that bit of the challange?
Is that any better?

So far in my Scramble Challenge I have 5 guys, and now that I am back from Christmas vacation, I would like to get 1 more guy, and begin my challenge. My current team is as follows:

Tepig
Freedom the Minccino
Sadist the Mareep
RNG Lillipup
CounterFTW the Riolu

I already have to solo Elesa with Tepig, and Clay with Minccino, so keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing the final member of my team.

Espeon, how about Scrambled took such a turn for the worst, the best thing she can do is flatter! So... yeah, replace swagger with flatter for that bit of the challange?
Is that any better?
Okay, that sounds fine. Your challenge is accepted then!

EDIT: I've decide to change something about my scramble-wedlocke...instead of just having challenge #1 and #2 be partners, I'm gonna do it in order. So, RNG and LowIQ are partners because they are the first two I will catch, etc.

So far in my Scramble Challenge I have 5 guys, and now that I am back from Christmas vacation, I would like to get 1 more guy, and begin my challenge. My current team is as follows:

Tepig
Freedom the Minccino
Sadist the Mareep
RNG Lillipup
CounterFTW the Riolu

I already have to solo Elesa with Tepig, and Clay with Minccino, so keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing the final member of my team.
I gave you Freedom, correct? Would you want another Pokémon from me if you're in a hurry, or are you good waiting for others?

wait, did I just read that Treadshot was abandoning thread?

Blah, forum communities rotate so often.

Gerrit, I'll give you something if you like, just give me a minute or two.

Take a two-stage water-type pokemon of your choice.

Solo one rival battle and one gym leader against which you do not have a type advantage in order to evolve.

This pokemon my know only one move over 90BP, which may not be used twice in succession.

GLHF

wait, did I just read that Treadshot was abandoning thread?

Blah, forum communities rotate so often.

Gerrit, I'll give you something if you like, just give me a minute or two.

Take a two-stage water-type pokemon of your choice.

Solo one rival battle and one gym leader against which you do not have a type advantage in order to evolve.

This pokemon my know only one move over 90BP, which may not be used twice in succession.

GLHF
Would Azurill count? I mean, Azurill is a normal type, but both his evolutions are water.

For that matter, when you say two-stage, do you mean two evolutions from basic (like Poliwrath), or someone with only two-stages total (like Slowbro)?

@Naix
here's a challenge for your colosseum scramble:

You may take Vanguard the Flaffy.

Vanguard is very frustrated as a Shadow Pokémon. Being a shadow Pokémon reminds him of the prick it lost its crush to and often lashes out because it is unhappy with how he now compares to him (because he was a jerk). As such, while a shadow Pokémon it must only use damaging moves, and must first use shadow rush. Also, after you call him out of fever mode, the next turn Vanguard will begin to sulk and must either be called again or must have a healing item used on it.

After purification, Vanguard realizes the wrongs he has done as shadow Pokémon and makes a moral oath to repay his debts to society. To do so he joins the force with the mission to help hunt down the Pokémon still trapped as a shadow Pokémon. To do so, he must enter the fight whenever a shadow Pokémon appears in order to assist in its capture. It should also be noted that his policy is to take them into custody in health, so Vanguard must Taser the enemy shadow Pokémon with thunder wave.

Since your character has such obscure backgrounds, after purification Vanguard is wary of you and your motives, and so may not be the first or second in your party/may not be sent out immediately. Vanguard does want to keep an eye on you though, so it may not leave your party. Vanguard lacks this trust for you until level 42.

Also, upon learning thunder, Vanguard gets a new girlfriend/boyfriend and becomes much more positive towards life and his work. You must have a Pokémon of the opposite gender of Vanguard set aside in your party to become this girlfriend/boyfriend in order to Vanguard to be able to learn thunder. Whenever the two fight in battle together, they must attack the same enemy together.

Oh and that prick that originally stole his crush, it’s Ein’s Lanturn, so have Vanguard solo that poke for sweet revenge.

Do Enjoy
Accepted. Sorry for the late reply.

@celever
Yes, I am doing a Colosseum Scramble, so you can reserve a slot for it if you'd like. Rules and already-accepted challanges are in the second link in my sig.

@Espeon65
Perhaps you could have RNG and LowIQ/HearThrob be the same gender and Voodoom be a different gender (in other words have LowIQ/HearThrob and RNG both be male and have Voodoom be female or vice versa)? That way, Voodoom would have a Normal-type partner without forcing anybody else to give you a Normal- or Flying-type.
My mistake, didn't see the edit.

Celever

i am town
Ok Naix, I'll give you one now! Now I need to pick which shadow pokemon I want to give you... Most of the pokemon they picked to be in this game are so good! :(

Ok, you get: 'Let's dance!' the sudowoodo! (I didn't check if he was taken, I sure hope he isn't!)
Let's dance! loves to dance! He dances in the morning, in the evening and at night... Wait! Why does he not dance in the day? Well, the problem with Let's dance! is that he is nocturnal! Because of this, Let's dance! can't be in battle if a fire or electric type is unless he is one of 2 pokemon left not fainted in your party - and this includes pokemon in your own party! They just generate too much light! D: Now, Let's dance! loves all kinds of genre; jazz, pop, but above all... ROCK! On every alternate turn in a battle Let's dance! must use some kind of rock attack. (Oh, and by the way, mimic is available via move tutor, just to let you know) The rock attacks are rock slide, sandstorm and rock tomb. The last move is up to you.

Summary:
Let's dance! the sudowoodo
Has to know faint attack
Can't be in the same battle as fire or electric pokemon, if he is then he must switch out immediately
Every alternate turn Let's dance! must use a rock attack.

ENJOY! :)

Would Azurill count? I mean, Azurill is a normal type, but both his evolutions are water.

For that matter, when you say two-stage, do you mean two evolutions from basic (like Poliwrath), or someone with only two-stages total (like Slowbro)?
I mean someone with two stages total, so Slowbro would be an alright example, although Magicarp or Wingull might be a less confusing example.

You can use Azurill only if it is caught as a Marill, as originally the pokemon was a two-stage line, with the baby being added later in Generation III. However, you may not catch it as an Azurill.

celever, there are no move tutors in Colosseum, and the shadow Sudowoodo doesn't know Mimic. There isn't a move relearner in Colosseum, either. Because of this, you'll have to change your challange around a bit for me to accept it.

Okay then, accepted. Thank you.
EDIT: I just noticed its name has 11 12 characters in it. With this in mind, would it be okay if I excluded the exclamation mark at the end and the space as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)