Phobia (Peaked #1)

Bryce

Lun
Intro:

Hello smogon,this is white symphoni,commonly known as Bryce Loski on Pokemon Online.I'm mainly an OU player,but the metagame became slowly boring for me as it was basically the same threats over and over again.And what was even worse that you could win easily by just throwing the counters of top threats together.So to take a break from OU,I decided to try out other tiers,and Ubers caught my attention.When DW OU was still popular,many players mentioned that it resembled Ubers. Being a lover of the DW OU meta,it naturally attracted me.First,I used teams from RMTs and and made up random teams and laddered with them to gain some knowledge about the meta.After some messing around,I decided to build a team that could challenge for the top spot in the PO ubers ladder.

Team at a glance:

This basically a Deo-S spike stacking HO team that focuses on creating multiple set up opportunities or free turns then utilizing them to maintain momentum and put pressure on the opposition.My set up sweepers are capable of wall breaking,mid game sweeping,late game cleaning at the same time making their roles very flexible.The sweepers were chosen based on a self sufficient sweeper concept meaning it is impossible for them to be hard walled by something.It has been pretty successful for me peaking #1 on PO and beating some good players such as problems,popsicle,linkin shark,modestgarchomp and a few others.I know this achievement doesn't really mean much as it can be rather easily done by many others,though I think it's fair enough considering i'm relatively new to Ubers.

In-Depth Look:

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-S is the lead of this team,getting up Stealth Rocks and quite possible spikes early in the game to quickly put the pressure on my opponent.I almost always lead with him except against smashpass teams,against whom I lead with palkia.Deo-S's job is to just set up hazards while preventing the opponent from doing the same.SR and Spikes are my hazards.Taunt is to prevent the opponent from setting up,putting down hazards and spamming status moves.Magic coat is there because it is vital to prevent opposing Deo-S leads from doing their job.If they spam Magic coat as well,I switch to Terrakion at one point and taunt.It's pretty unexpected so it usually works.

Groudon @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon is in my opinion the best physical sweeper in Ubers due to having access to both swords dance and rock polish.Rock Polish lets me outspeed most offensive threats while Swords Dance lets me get past bulky walls.Earthquake for STAB and Stone Edge is for coverage against flying times and something to hit levitate mons and Ground resists hard.I have considered running Lum Berry but the extra power of LO has become a necessity when sweeping late game.Max attack for hitting as hard as possible,176 speed lets me outspeed scarfRak after a RP.The rest in hp for some extra bulk.It can easily set up on many unboosted physical attackers like Zekrom,Excadrill etc as well as weak special attacks like -2 Scarf Dialga.

Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

This thing is so broken,able to set up with ease,tank strong hits,outspeed most of the ubers metagame and hits hard,along with perfect neutral coverage.It's a picture perfect sweeper with Focus Blast's medicore accuracy holding it back a little.Arceus Ghost can set up on a lot of pokemons,preferably special attackers such as palkia or after stuff used Draco Meteor.After a Calm Mind or two,it becomes incredibly hard to stop.It is the MVP of this time in most matches.In addition it blocks spin preventing my hazards from being spun away.Max speed to outspeed Lati@s and speed tie with other max speed Arceus forms and Max SpAtk for maximum power.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Outrage
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Final member of the sweeping trio.Although I use it mainly as hit shit hard mon. Rayquaza's power and coverage comes in very useful when doing steady damage.I had run Swords Dance as my set up move but have found it unnecessary most of the time and was having problems with -1 speed from V-create.So I changed it to Dragon Dance.Outage is my Dragon type STAB move though I only use it when absolutely necessary.V-create for coverage against steels but is also the move I use most since Outrage locks me in and it has the same power as outrage. ESpeed is a useful priority move for finishing of faster weakened mons.252 Atk EVs for hitting hard and max speed lets me outspeed +spd 90s as well as speed tie with max speed Kyurem-W and other Rayquazas.Air Lock is a very good ability allowing me to check Swift swimmers and more importantly Excadrill in Sand.

Palkia @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave

I love this set XD.Has trolled many players and saved my ass in a lot of matches.It's my hit shit hard mon from the special side,but more importantly a Kyogre switch in.Thunder Wave is very cool support move on Palkia,and is my line of defence against most CM Arceus variants letting my physical attackers beat it and helps Ghost Ceus in CM wars.CM Arceus is a pain otherwise.Twave also helps against random faster threats like Mewtwo and Darkrai.Spacial Rend is the STAB of choice,Fire Blast for steels and Thunder for Kyogre and Lugia.Lum Berry helps me take status moves,which are very common in Ubers.I had considered Lustrous Orb since missing out KOs on Giratina-O is disappointing but Lum Berry has proven to be very useful,especially against Darkrai.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Taunt

This team wouldn't be completed without a Ekiller check and a revenge killer.Terrakion fills those holes quite well.It also is an excellent cleaner late game,especially with Hazards support, sporting a great 108 base speed and hitting very hard for a scarfed mon.Close Combat is my main STAB.Stone Edge for coverage and a secondary STAB.X-Scissor hits Lati@s and mewtwo hard while Taunt is mainly filler.It's use has been mentioned earlier in Deo-S's description and also helps against random situations such as against Baton Pass,It's the most suspendable moveslot.

Threats:

Mewtwo:Very threating as it outspeeds my whole team bar Terrakion who cannot OHKO while hitting very hard in general.My methods to deal with it is beating it 1v1 with Ghostceus or through Terrak's X-Scissor+Ray's Espeed.

Darkrai:Similar to Mewtwo but a little less dangerous as anything on my team beats it while unboosted and sleep clause active.But is a pain in the ass cause of Dark Void when played correctly.

CM GhostCeus:Winning speed tie or paralyzing it is my only hope.I play carefully against it and keep Palkia healthy.

Conclusion:

There you have it.Hopefully I can get useful criticism in this RMT.Thanks to ybss,a good friend for helping me early in my ladder run with advice.I enjoyed my run with this team.Here's an importable if you want to try it out.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Groudon @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Palkia @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Taunt

Ghostceus cannot beat mewtwo 1v1, at +1 mewtwo outspeeds and 2hkos with psystrike and u cannot ohko back.

cm ghostceus: you are assuming he is unboosted, otherwise winning speed tie isn't very helpful.

deoxys-s nitpick: use timid

rayquaza: overheat > v-create, coz speed drops are detrimental to rayquaza's sweep

also u seem somewhat weak to Ho-oh, nothing can take a bb except groudon who risks getting burnt, plus it easily comes in on 3 members of your team: palkia, deoxys and ghostceus, plus terrakion locked into some move not stone edge.

EDIT: in which case, by ur explanation, SDRay > DDRay for you

Bryce

Lun
Ghostceus cannot beat mewtwo 1v2, at +1 mewtwo outspeeds and 2hkos with psystrike and u cannot ohko back.

cm ghostceus: you are assuming he is unboosted, otherwise winning speed tie isn't very helpful.
Of course,I will attack them straight up with whatever I have if they try to boost.I don't switch unless I predict something or it is safe.If Mewtwo tries to boost,it will be severely dented as long as I don't do something stupid.I can paralyze ghostceus with palkia and sac something if needed.Other mons can hit it hard to prevent easy set up.I don't have problem sacking mons to beat troublesome threats.

deoxys-s nitpick: use timid
Confusion hax I assume.I'll change it.

rayquaza: overheat > v-create, coz speed drops are detrimental to rayquaza's sweep
The extra power of v-create has been very useful since I use it more becoz of outrages's lock and confusion.And locking into outrage would be a disaster if ferro/forry gets free spikes.

also u seem somewhat weak to Ho-oh, nothing can take a bb except groudon who risks getting burnt, plus it easily comes in on 3 members of your team: palkia, deoxys and ghostceus, plus terrakion locked into some move not stone edge.
I don't need to take a bb.Ray,Terrak can revenge kill.Groudon can outspeed and kill defensive versions.Ghostceus can set up and hit it hard,Palkia can paralyze it and then it's easily revenged.Not a problem.Thanks for the rate.

EDIT: in which case, by ur explanation, SDRay > DDRay for you
Did you not read my description?I had run SDRay before but had found the extra power unnecessary as I was rarely able to set up and -1 from V-create was annoying sometimes.So I changed SD to DD.

Your whole team is weak to spikes bar Rayquazza, which is weak to SR. It is difficult to completely remove this hazard weakness, but I suggest Latias> Palkia to ease this issue a little bit. Something like:

Latias@Soul dew
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Psyshock/thunder
-Dragon Pulse

Depending on how much speed you want, ev is up to you, though I will suggest 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe with Timid nature. With this set, you have an even better Kyogre counter, still check CM Arceus with Psyshock, and as mentioned above, ease the hazard weakness a bit.

Bryce

Lun
Your whole team is weak to spikes bar Rayquazza, which is weak to SR. It is difficult to completely remove this hazard weakness, but I suggest Latias> Palkia to ease this issue a little bit. Something like:

Latias@Soul dew
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Psyshock/thunder
-Dragon Pulse

Depending on how much speed you want, ev is up to you, though I will suggest 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe with Timid nature. With this set, you have an even better Kyogre counter, still check CM Arceus with Psyshock, and as mentioned above, ease the hazard weakness a bit.
The problem with Latias is that it makes me much more weak to GhostCeus,since Palkia's Twave is very important to beat it.Latias also enables Genesect to spam U-turn on it for free momentum.If I switch I lose momentum,if I stay in and let it die,Kyogre and CMCeus rapes me.I don't really mind spikes since my lead,Deo-S can prevent them from going on via Taunt/Magic Coat,and later the offensive pressure of my sweepers also prevents spikes from going up,and even if a layer goes up,it isn't an issue since I don't rely on taking hits too much.It is one of the reason I use V-create on quaza.It lets me hit hard while not locking myself into outrage so that Ferro and Forry can come in lay down hazards.Thanks for the rate!

Because I'm not the best with Ubers and the metagame i cant suggest too much. However you could try using sleep talk > taunt on Terrakion so Darkrai won't be as much of a problem. I really can't think of anything i would do to this team seems really solid Good job on #1 :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)