Damn-you-dactyl and Glistroll

Hi there!This is a team I made up with some of my favorite pokemon. I'm just learning and I know this needs LOTS to get improved and better structured.

In Depth:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This is one of the leads (actually anti-lead) that I like the most. I like Start with Taunt for preventing Stealth Rock, another Taunt, Substitute or any other annoying move. Then I set up my own SR and attack with SE or EQ depending on the enemy. I'm awate how fragile Aerodactyl is, and how a Fake out could make it waste item holding by making the focus sash useless.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

I loved how useful was this moveset when i tried it out for the first time. I have a bad timing for using this Gliscor, yet it is extremely useful when well timed! Although I'm thinking of changing it for a toxicorb-fling+ acrobatics because earthquake can make me run out of damaging moves against a flying type or an enemy with levitate.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I had tried a swords dance Scizor before and I liked it, but after a while I couldnt get it to boost up because everyone seems to ahve a fire type move or a Hidden Power fire anyway, threatening me and making me wtich losing the boost; that's why I go with the lifeorb for power and have bullet punch for priority, bugbite for stab, superpower forall-out attacks and coverage (although I'm thinking of changing it as I have Hitmontop) and pursuit for trapping psychics and ghosts

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I've always used Hitmontop as my revenge killer.Apart from stalling poisoned enemies with fake out(also for recovering itself) before Machpunch for priority hitting weakened foes.Closecombat for an all-out attack usually before swtiching and th elast move use dto be sucker punch but changed it.

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Explosion

A large part of all cloysters I've faced have Shell Smash+Wit herb. I've managed to surprised using my faster version of Cloyster with 3 different moves and Explosion as a last attempt of giving it a last usage.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Gengaris my kind of "arsenal" with coverage and shadowballs stab. I've been told the disable version could fit better with certain changes and I've tried but I don't know what to do so I keep it like that meanwhile.

I know my team doesn't work around any certain member or has a fixed strategy and I know this is more an "attempt of" than a tema itself. Please criticize all you need and help me out making a good team out of this :)

Welcome to smogon friend i hope you may yet become a usefull and valid member of the community.

not bad.quote you: "I loved how useful was this moveset when i tried it out". can you no has spoke english :P

1. cloyster should never suffer being use in the way you have done it :'(

Cloyster @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash

would be a far more respectable moveset and would remove another suggestion i had about adding a pokemon capable of setting up
2. although this comes down to preference you may find hitmontop quete outclassed in ou with his attack stat just not being good enough, i would replace him however im not sure what with. if your deadset on keeping it make sure it carries rapid spin as this is an essential piece of team support that most teams should carry
3. i think id agree with your proposition to replace gliscors movese.
4. your scizor might enjoy u-turn over then X-scisor.

Welcome to smogon friend i hope you may yet become a usefull and valid member of the community.

not bad.quote you: "I loved how useful was this moveset when i tried it out". can you no has spoke english :P

1. cloyster should never suffer being use in the way you have done it :'(

Cloyster @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash

would be a far more respectable moveset and would remove another suggestion i had about adding a pokemon capable of setting up
2. although this comes down to preference you may find hitmontop quete outclassed in ou with his attack stat just not being good enough, i would replace him however im not sure what with. if your deadset on keeping it make sure it carries rapid spin as this is an essential piece of team support that most teams should carry
3. i think id agree with your proposition to replace gliscors movese.
4. your scizor might enjoy u-turn over then X-scisor.
Thanks dude!What did you mean with quoting me?
And yeah I've thought of U-turn in scizor but it's slow so it would be hard to use it with a good timing

i quoted you because of how funny what you said was
and id only suggest u turn scizor because if your gonna switch out you might as well do some damage and its gennerally a better alternative to x-scisor
i hope to see you round the forums

on scizor, use sd > pursuit since u should take the opportunity to set up swords dance. alternatively, use choice band and u-turn > bug bite. shift 4 HP to SDef to take less damage from stealth rock

jolly nature on cloyster to outspeed scarf terrakion and scarf keldeo

protect > thunderbolt on gengar to scout scizor

change gliscor's EV spread to 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe to outspeed ttar

You can try this as a possible aerodacyl replacement

Terrakion
@focus sash
Ev spread: 252 spd / 252 atk / 4 hp
Nature: jolly
Move set
~ taunt
~stealth rock
~close combat
~stone edge

He's bulkier and very simliar but he's a tad slower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)