First UU RMT

FIRST LOOK

Team Building Process

I wanted to get around to building a team based on a Life Orb Heracross.

Needing a Check for Gligar and another hard hitter I took HP ice Zapdos

Next I Decided upon using a Gallade as a revenge killer, he does exceptionally well along side heracross and is able to revenge kill most of the tier.

Mew really rounds out the team offensively and provides a nice setup sweeper for late game.

I added these two as a defensive core. Porygon 2 is Physically defensive and Umbreon is Specially defensive. I set Porygon 2 as a tank with a higher focus on defense and Umbreon became the cleric. Changes too the team will be explained in RED

Changes and Export
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Baton Pass

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

Slowbra (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Surf

[/HIDE]

@ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is awesome. I ran choice specs with volt switch for a while but good predictions can make it useless and setup bait so I switched it to life orb. Even with a cleric stealth rocks damage is a burden for zapdos so to help mitigate it I gave it roost. HP ice so far has been amazing on him it does serious damage to krookodile and gligar. It can 2HKO a slower nidoking on the switch as well. I run often times found trouble with overprediction with the choice specs so I have no intention of switching back. This is usually the most important poke on the team. It has quite a few threats though, Choice scarf Victini, Darmanitan, Arcanine, Heracross, Regular Rotom-H, and any Weavile variant. This has been a large part of the the teams success and is a nice pokemon in general. One of the best features is resisting Fighting type attacks which my team has a problem with.

(F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

Heracross is the second most important team member along side zapdos forming a nice offensive core. Very few pokemon like to switch into this beetle and for good reason. Zapdos and Heracross give at least neutral damage to most of the tier and work well together. I switched to choice scarf after being outspeed by many a threats and it works great. Most people do not expect 2 scarfers on one team so I can suprise opponents that don't pay attention. Its frailness can be underwhelming but I guess you have to work with it but this beetle has a definite place on this team. Ghost types can give him a problem but for the most part are not that much of an issue. The most common is Chandelure and a stone edge will take the chandelier down from the ceiling. This thing hits most things hard and I love it for that very reason. Because I have 2 scarfers with gallade I don't have to worry to much if one dies..

(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Umbreon has to be the best cleric in the UU metagame. I have won games solely because the healing provided lets me keep up the pressure. If something is paralyzed Umbreon can Heal Bell it away making toxic, burn, and parahax much less of an issue. Protect can let me lock in Heracrosses to megahorn or CC if choiced. If it is Megahorn I get porygon 2 out and if it is CC I can use Mew, or A revenge killer. If you play smart with umbreon it can be game changing. The fatal flaw with my core is it's weakness to fighting types but Because of this I might at times want to replace Porygon 2 with something such as, Quagsire, Swampert, Blastiose, or Milotic. Overall past the fighting type weakness you can provide nice support to the team and itself. I used to run Clefable untill I found out just how good umbreon is and there is no looking back.

@ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse
- Baton Pass

Mew is a unpredictable pokemon. Dependent on the situation I can misslead oppenents for instance if I lead they predict stealth rocks. Typically I switch in mew on setup bait and wreck havoc on them. Registeel with Explosion and Bulky waters make nice switch ins. One of my favorite to set up on is bronzong w/o dual screens. I used to run boltbeam but thunderbolt seemed to be outclassed by Physhock/Psycic. At +6 spec and +2 speed very few things outspeed or live a hit. Out of the pokemon this is the one I would feel most comfortable leaving behind after porygon 2 and Gallade. It rounds out 2 cores nicely that can still function without it. I Use dragon pulse as my only attacking move because it is only resisted by one type, steel. There are only 3 UU steel types. None of which really take the hit except for bronzong who is highly pressured by the rest of my team. Durant,Heracross,and many choice scarf users can flat out KO or leave a dent in Mew but its versatility with passing to zapdos or even god forbid a slowbro sweep can be devastating.

(M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch

Gallade is one of the best UU pokemon if played correctly. Priority in Shadow sneak and BoltBeam combo with CC is just phenomenal and hits everything HARD. Leaf Blade is an option I have been considering. Leaf Blade or Thunder Punch, what do you think? Threats are... Slowbro, Ryperior, Speed tie flygons, and most things that live a hit and are physically based. Night Slash and Shadow sneak are two moves that I interchange frequently but I lean more towards night slash. Should I switch to adamant and risk KO's by flygons or stick with jolly? I Think of this as a Heracross Clone to be played in a more passive role with coverage moves. This also serves as my Ambipom counter with steadfast and can 2HKO gligar bronzong and milotic with CC and Ice Punch respectivley.

(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Scald

This is my counter to the huge amount of fire types that dominate UU. Thunderwave is crucial to keep everything outspeed by Mew and Zapdos. Beetween Scald and Psyschock I can hit back to some extent. Slack Off and Regenerator ensure that it does not need Umbreon support so I can better focus my efforts on the rest of the team. This also serves a fighting type fix for pokes without Megahorn(Heracross) or Thunderpunch. Overall between Umbreon and Slowbro I can safely stop pokes from brutally murdering my team. Porygon 2 didn't work for MY team but I am sure it works for others.

This concludes my first Team Review Please leave thoughts below​

First of all, change Gallade to Mienshao. Mienshao doesn't need a scarf to work well, and I find it to work great with Heracross.

Now as for Mew, i would go to a Baton Pass variant. Passing a Rock Polish to Zapdos or a Nasty Plot to Porygon2 could win you many games. Plus, Mew is no joke of the offensive after a couple boosts.

Sets:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVS: 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Fake Out
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Egde

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronise
EVS:252 HP, 188 Special Defense, 68 Speed
Baton Pass
Nasty Plot
Rock Polish
Taunt/Fire Blast

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Unfortunately I would have to disagree with bobby, I would definitely keep Gallade, but I have to ask you about the slashes in the rmt, it makes it pretty difficult to rate since we don't really know what we are rating.
Also keep the mew the way it is as well, while a baton pass variant can work on many teams you would need to add a whole other pokemon that is expecting these boosts, because the boosts that you can give the rest of your team really don't need and are much better spent on a coverage move.
I really don't see what umbreon does for your team. Sure, receiving a wish can be nice sometimes, I would think it could go to a much better pokemon. I also have to explain how it is kinda counter-productive having a heal bell user on this team could be counter-productive. If Heracross gets a burn, then he gets a massive boost on its attack, but if you heal bell in the status gets removed. If you don't ahave a heal bell user you wouldn't have the temptation if another pokemon gets burned. Something I saw that your tea, has trouble with is kingdra, as the only thing that can actually tank the hits it will dish out (umbreon) can;t hurt it back since it doesn't get hit massively by foul play. As such, I would recommend either of these two pokemon as a special wall to replace it:

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Personally I run special attacking EVs, but you can walways change those to special defense.

Anyway, good luck with the team!

Unfortunately I would have to disagree with bobby, I would definitely keep Gallade, but I have to ask you about the slashes in the rmt, it makes it pretty difficult to rate since we don't really know what we are rating.
Also keep the mew the way it is as well, while a baton pass variant can work on many teams you would need to add a whole other pokemon that is expecting these boosts, because the boosts that you can give the rest of your team really don't need and are much better spent on a coverage move.
I really don't see what umbreon does for your team. Sure, receiving a wish can be nice sometimes, I would think it could go to a much better pokemon. I also have to explain how it is kinda counter-productive having a heal bell user on this team could be counter-productive. If Heracross gets a burn, then he gets a massive boost on its attack, but if you heal bell in the status gets removed. If you don't ahave a heal bell user you wouldn't have the temptation if another pokemon gets burned. Something I saw that your tea, has trouble with is kingdra, as the only thing that can actually tank the hits it will dish out (umbreon) can;t hurt it back since it doesn't get hit massively by foul play. As such, I would recommend either of these two pokemon as a special wall to replace it:
I have faced kingdra a couple times before it really isn't that much of a problem because beetween gallade with thunderpunch and zapdos with T-Bolt it dies easily. It doesn't have much to hit gallade with unless it is a physical variant and won't quite OHKO. Whilst playing however with this team any hard hitting fire type poked holes to big for my liking. I added slowbro instead of porygon 2 and damn did it make a difference. Still looking for a heracross Counter though :/ Thinking Choiced Darmanitan or Victini in place of Mew/Gallade

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Apparently the kingdras you have come across weren't in rain, since in rain it will easily sweep you. Also Milotic isn't 2HKO'd by heracross with physical defensive EVs and can burn it back with scald, if you want to go with that.
If you manage to get milotic statused without EV investment then it is a tiny chance to 2HKO.
252Atk Guts Heracross (+Atk) Megahorn vs 252HP/0Def Marvel Scale Milotic (Neutral): 42% - 51% (169 - 201 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 3% chance to 2HKO.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hello! Interesting team you've got. However, one big problem I see is a bad weakness to ghost; only Umbreon resists it and you've got three weaknesses to it. This isn't very good, since you have some very good offensive ghost types in UU (Chandy, Cofagrigus, Mismagius) that could rip this team to shreds (bar umbreon, so I think you should keep him) given the slightest chance. To remedy this, I'm going to agree with bobbyvaporeon and say switch out gallade for his mienshao set. Mienshao is just a humongous threat in UU today, and is very effective.

Now, for your mew; While BP mew can be really threatening, I think you should make it a sweeper in it's own right, since too many UU players carry roar/haze/whirlwind. and also, there are at least five UU steel types off the top of my head: Cobalion, Registeel, Bisharp, Empoleon, Bronzong; so as for your mew set:

Mew @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Sub/ShadowBall/Aura Sphere
-Psyshock
-ShadowBall/AuraSphere

This makes it it's own sweeper, and it has either Sub/NP/Psyshock/Coverage, or NP/PerfectCoverage/Psyshock, you pick depending how important you think substitute is.
EDIT: if you want, you can play around with coverage depending on what your team needs. Usually, it can make it kinda gimmicky with coverage, but it's nice to get the jump on some pokemon.
Good Luck, hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)