Pokemon Jams

I love the SSBB remix of the original R/B theme. The horns sound sound very adventurous.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaaD9CnWgig[/YOUTUBE]

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
For anyone who's also big into sonic, people on youtube have been remixing old sonic songs with the BW2 Soundfront, and they sound amazing

Live and Learn
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtKugDHjyHg[/youtube]

I Am All of Me
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOyBV94vj0[/YOUTUBE]

With Me (no lyrics)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoX__JIWKc[/youtube]

For anyone who's also big into sonic, people on youtube have been remixing old sonic songs with the BW2 Soundfront, and they sound amazing

Live and Learn
[youtube]NtKugDHjyHg[/youtube]

I Am All of Me
[YOUTUBE]NcOyBV94vj0[/YOUTUBE]

With Me (no lyrics)
[youtube]SOoX__JIWKc[/youtube]
fixed 'em for ya.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Look what I came across, from 1938:

Reminds you of anything?

Masuda's work sure is great, but coincidentally, it sounds like somebody else has had the idea more than a century before him (some searching reveals the song they sing is a sped-up version of "Polly Wolly Doodle" from 1880).

Some of the songs in this series are the most moving pieces I've ever heard, it's hard not to be overwhelmed with nostalgia for anything from Generations I or II.

Along with a few other choice pieces, this remains a favourite of mine. Surprised it wasn't mentioned yet! The slow, jazzy feel of the arrangement really goes well with the actual tune.

[youtube]ivXD3UY1aN4[/youtube]

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Straight from movie night it's the best anime battle theme
[youtube]wv87lkkSr18[/youtube]

this full intro theme is also nice

[youtube]hWrAEnnaJfU[/youtube]

I love the music in the Pokemon games. Are MP3 of these songs sold in soundtrack CDs somewhere?

Anyway, my absolute favorites, which I haven't seen mentioned yet, are:

National Park - HGSS

The original GSC version was pretty enough, but the HGSS remix made it even better. I love hatching eggs there so I could listen to the music.

[youtube]4ujh7lvcsRs[/youtube]

Canalave City - Platinum

I thought the music was quite fitting for a port city.

[youtube]fMuhB5d746E[/youtube]

And since music from the movies are allowed...

Lugia's Theme

It starts off soulful and beautiful, and the same theme is repeated in various forms until it builds up to a glorious climax.

[youtube]U1XamHKECHU[/youtube]

Secret Garden

Just because I love the Latis.

[youtube]qf2P57pNFeg[/youtube]

The Best Wishes ending is a massive earworm. Plus, Meloetta is cute.

みてみて☆こっちっち

[youtube]Dj8DcQW5pE4[/youtube]

Look what I came across, from 1938:

Reminds you of anything?

Masuda's work sure is great, but coincidentally, it sounds like somebody else has had the idea more than a century before him (some searching reveals the song they sing is a sped-up version of "Polly Wolly Doodle" from 1880).
Although I have to disagree with a previous post of yours (IMO the best music is Johto/Sinnoh/Unova/Kanto-Hoenn tied), this... my whole world is a lie...

Personal favourites: (too many to embed all)
RBY and GSC trainer and wild, Viridian forest, Champion Gary
Any johto tower, Ecruteak, National Park, Route 26/27, Indigo League, Lance, Kanto(rmx)/Johto Gym leader
Important trainers (rival, champ etc) of Hoenn also, Littleroot town
Nearly all battle and town music from Sinnoh
Dreamyard, and nearly any BW2 exclusive OST

I'll post 1 from any generation: Battle soundtracks only because they get me pumped up before/during studying/gym and to have a fair basis of comparison.
Kanto:
Trainer Battle (totally tied with wild battle/champ) the track that started it all!
[youtube]2Jmty_NiaXc[/youtube]

Johto:
Lance/Red theme, THE best soundtrack that has ever been and will ever be, period.
[youtube]hAOGtJLMHlc[/youtube]

Hoenn:
May's theme. Hoenn was not as great as the other regions, but had a few soundtracks of its own :)
[youtube]ARxFP0c9rrc[/youtube]

Sinnoh:
I thought Dialga's and the trainer theme were the best Gen4 had to offer. Oh, lord Giratina, was I wrong... Seriously, try lifting while listening to this. SERIOUSLY.
[youtube]TpHdMQ4K-t8[/youtube]

Unova:
Hue's theme. BW2 did a so much greater job than BW.
[youtube]xSD7jW1fDks[/youtube]

Honorable mentions:
[youtube]AxA2k9g7HMo[/youtube]
[youtube]4ujh7lvcsRs[/youtube]
Awesomeness of johto, reason enough to make it the favorite region of your childhood. Or even adulthood :3I selected the version I like most in both tracks.

[youtube]ZrpTYN3oU-o[/youtube]
Best starting town theme EVER, followed closely by Aspertia city (BW2).
Also this:
[youtube]M-GFxbkGmMQ[/youtube]
Really made me want to hurry and have the final important battles with cyrus and Dialga with that climaxing.
[youtube]Fz88u5diLk4[/youtube]
Dreamyard music, a tiny bit better that eterna forest. More cheery and dreamy!

Just gonna throw these out there as well:

These themes are all incredibly awesome; if running into Raikou/Entei/Suicune (OK, Suicune not so much) doesn't get your blood racing, these themes will. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Music is what I take more attetion when I'm playing, sometimes helps to enjoy more the battles or making more epic and dramatic....now the themes that I like more are:
Gen 1:
Gym Leader Battle Music
It makes boil your blood...It's just too epic

Gen 2:
Azalea Town/Blackthorn City music
I feel nostalgic when I heard this...

Gen 3:
Battle Frontier Brain Battle
Epic!...But...Tucker sure is pretty weird..

Gen 4:
Mt.Coronet music
It fits perfectly when you're climbing to chase Cyrus and the Team Galactic

Gen 5:
Colress Battle Theme
I'm just played B/W 2...and this is my favorite theme in all the game...Colress is a cool character too.

Gen 6:
Lysandre Battle Theme
I like Team Flare's battle music...but Lysandre gets a more amazing one!

Also I found a marvelous remix of Cynthia battle theme:

New for Gen 6 - it's the Bike Theme! It's probably the best cycling tune in the series, and maybe my favorite song from X and Y.

Rollerblading is fun and all, but you don't get a cool theme like this.

I'm sure its in here, but the National Park in HGSS is one of the best video game pieces of music there is.

And I know a lot of people don't like Gen 4 (Its my favorite as far as storyline and in game), but man, overall I think it had the best music of all of the games. Whoever wrote and recorded those tunes deserves a medal of some kind. Palkia, Giratina, Cynthia, nearly every route, Looker's theme is really cool, their use of piano was really well placed in this gen, and the music really added a lot to the game.

Also, the S.S. Anne theme is really good. I think its very appropriately composed, it fits really well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)