Big Brazilian Boys 2073

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

¿Quer batalha?​

Hide BBCode isn't working so just bare with me okay?

Intro:

Sup smogon, a lot of you probably won't know me but I used to be pretty active on this site. I've planned on doing an rmt like this for some time now; I actually did have several high ranking teams throughout the last two years that I could've posted but due to miscellaneous reasons never got around to, so I'm doing this team now. This team is actually an edited version of a team that used to have 1600-ish on PO before Black and White 2 came out. Hopefully I'll be with you guys more in the future but enough writing for now.

I could've gone higher but fuck it these are enough.

Teambuilding:
I'm gonna be honest with you here, sometimes I really do have a lot more fun teambuilding than I do actually using teams. It can be pretty difficult, especially in Ubers to create the perfect team for you but when you do it's beautiful. But anyway, here was the first version of this team first used about a year ago:

These are the two the core was based around. This team was great, I don't feel like going into too much detail about it but I decided to scrap it with the release of Black and White 2. It's basic premise was to strangle the team with hazards and end with a Gliscor or Arceus sweep. A little while ago, I decided to try and revamp the team, starting with my favorite Arceus-Grass, and seeing Jirachi made a vicious combo with Grassy the team eventually evolved into this.

Advantages this team has
I may come off as cocky calling this team the 'epitome of Ubers Balance' but honestly that's just how I feel guys. Besides me really liking all of the Pokemon in the team it has some notable advantages:

1.) Ability to wall Pokemon you normally can't

This team is pretty unique in that I can easily counter Pokemon such as Kyurem-W, Palkia, Mewtwo, Dialga, Groudon and more. And I don't mean 'being able to revenge kill', I mean being able to fully switch into those Pokemon and wall them. That's the sheer beauty of this team and why it works.

2.) Wish Support

This is actually extremely rare in Ubers because Chansey doesn't run Wish that often. Extremely beneficial to the team because 4/6 of my Pokemon cannot recover otherwise.

3.) Hazard Control

This is by no means perfect, but I am able to spin, spinblock and set up Stealth Rocks. I cannot stress enough how vital spinning is in Ubers; Spikes are the work of the devil.

4.) Speed

Between priority with Giratina-O, paralysis wih Jirachi and Swift Swim with Kabutops this team has a lot of options.

Team Preview

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~Water Spout
~Ice Beam
~Thunder
~Scald
Kyogre is here mostly for the Rain that he brings about, as his actual spot on this team isn't that important. I decided to go with a Choice Specs Kyogre for one simple reason: messing up Stall. Specifically, being able to Ice Beam Giratina hard is great for this team. Kyogre's main other roles are taking down Darkrai and Ferrothorn, neither of whom this team likes. Kyogre also happens to pair excellently with Jirachi, who can paralyze faster Pokemon and provide Wish support. Kyogre has one more purpose on this team; putting pressure on sun teams. Once their primary Kyogre switch-in such as Latias is out it can be easy to just keep bringing Kyogre in and killing something.

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~Dragon Pulse
~Fire Blast
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
Dialga is basically the 'glue' of this team, being one of the few Stealth Rockers I could've validy chosen with the rest of the team in mind. His other major is to counter SmashPass with the Lum Berry + Roar combination. Dialga is great because he can simultaneously do those things whilst being a tank and hitting things hard. He can 2HKO Ferrothorns trying to set up hazards and can 2HKO Groudon if he tries to come in while you SR. In general Dialga is always an option if I just need to get a solid hit off on something.

@ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~Dragon Tail
~Shadow Sneak
~Substitute
~Will-O-Wisp
Giratina-O is a very important Pokemon for this team if only because of his typing. He's the only one to be immune to Fighting and can Spinblock, as well being a full-on wall to Groudon and taking Genesect's U-Turns easily. Giratina-O is also an important check to the incredibly common Extremekiller, being able to take a +2 Shadow Claw and can burn or phaze Arceus out. Substitute is a great option because if the surprise factor, and it allows Giratina to usually get off a few Dragon Tails before being forced out.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
~Iron Head
~Wish
~Body Slam
~Protect
I use Jirachi simply because it's an amazing wall under Rain. Mewtwo, Kyurem-W, Lati@s, Dialga etc. as well as the stray Choiced Ice Beam all get walled. Jirachi also has the amazing ParaFlinch strategy and spreading around Paralysis is one of the keys to the team's success. Not only that but Jirachi can also pass Wish along to other members of the team, which is extremely helpful for Giratina-O, Dialga and Kyogre. Protect is nessecary for Wish healing and has even saved me against Blaziken before. You should keep Jirachi alive as long as possible as often a single Body Slam Para can change the whole game.

@ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
252 HP / 76 SAtk / 180 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
~Judgement
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind
~Recover
Arceus-Grass is simply put an amazing Pokemon. The main purpose of this set is completely walling Kyogre and Palkia, which puts me at a big advantage against opposing rain teams. Arceus is additionally is a deceptively dangerous sweeper, because after only one Calm Mind it it extremely difficult to OHKO (albeit the sweeping power of this set isn't as easy with Genesect and Kyurem around now). I chose Judgement for the consistent power over Grass Knot and Ice Beam for taking out Dragons. Arceus is also an easy way to lure out and kill an opposing Rayquaza.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Rapid Spin
~Low Kick
This is the standard Kabutops set, but jesus does it do wonders. Simply put without Kabutops there'd be no way I could have anything even close to this team. Kabutops can do so many things in one Pokemon slot: Spin, revenge kill, check Extremekiller, and sweep. Most games I win will usually end in a Kabutops clean-up. With this team you're gonna have to play Kabutops like a saint, because he can die quick and you don't want enough damage on him for a +2 Extremespeed to KO. Overall though Kabutops is a gift from heaven because be can plow through the many common fast and frail sweepers of Ubers.

Threat List:
- Theoretically could mess me up but in practice it hasn't.
- a threat if Kabutops is dead. You'll want to phaze/weaken Arceus I it tries to set-up.
- hard to switch into, but can die easily. Play carefully.
- can clockblock Kabutops and is annoying with Will-O-Wisp, but you can put a lot of pressure on him with Dialga and Kyogre.

Now there's an image limit of 20, I had to cut out significant portions of this rmt :/

This team looks really cool. I was wondering if you could include some more in depth explanations on EV, move and item choices. Especially the speed tiers you are trying to reach with jirachi and arceus-grass.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
this is a great team indeed, it covers big parts of the meta very well. i'm gonna relate to the threats you listed; ghost arceus can be annoying to take down but with high pressure with kyogre, kabutops, and arceus you beat it. ekiller can tear you apart if he's silk scarf and both kabutops and giratina-o are weakened but these too are seriously two of the best checks out there plus you have jirachi to heal them. ho-oh walks all over you lol, you can only phaze w/ dialga and hope it doesnt burn kabutops with sacred fire. lo ones are extremely dangerous. giratina is no threat you have both kyogre and dialga.

you should really speed creep a little with kyogre, giratina-o, and dialga. these few points above certain threats like opposing dialga, groudon, and kyogre can often save you. you still remain awfully bulky even if you sacrifice like 60 evs. another change that i think you should consider is toxic > cm on grass arc. toxic helps you beat cm arceus and catches ho-oh off guard. grass knot is an option for hitting kyogre and groudon etc much harder, but 20 bp isn't that much of a difference i suppose, so it's up to you.

good luck~:toast:

Very solid team. I like the use of Grass Arceus. I fell that if kabutops is lost too early or sun(to a much lesser extent) comes into play your team gets nerfed a lot.

Kyorge does mess up stall, but Grass-Arceus, Kabutops, and jirachi all become a lot better because of it. Maybe a standard modest calm mind set.

Kyorge @ Leftovers | Drizzle
Modest 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Calm Mind| Ice Beam | Surf/ Hydro Pump | Thunder

This will allow kyorge to have tad bit more bulk and versatility. If you get trapped and your kyrogre dies early to a sun team 3 pokemon instantly get worse if their sun user is still living. I normally wouldn't recommend Hydro Pump, but since Kyorge in your team set-up is a bit more disposable then the lack of PP might be o.k. I would still use surf though.

Why isn't zekrom on your threat list? Other than that everything else looks great.

Manaphy

Thanks for the rates guys! Keep them coming!
This team looks really cool. I was wondering if you could include some more in depth explanations on EV, move and item choices. Especially the speed tiers you are trying to reach with jirachi and arceus-grass.
you should really speed creep a little with kyogre, giratina-o, and dialga. these few points above certain threats like opposing dialga, groudon, and kyogre can often save you. you still remain awfully bulky even if you sacrifice like 60 evs. another change that i think you should consider is toxic > cm on grass arc. toxic helps you beat cm arceus and catches ho-oh off guard. grass knot is an option for hitting kyogre and groudon etc much harder, but 20 bp isn't that much of a difference i suppose, so it's up to you.
Jirachi is a mistake, it should be Special Defense not Speed. Arceus-Grass's Speed tier is specifically to beat Max 111 Pokemon, anymore is just a waste IMO.

I do Speed Creep with my Pokemon but I get nowhere by putting that out on an RMT like this :s There's no way I can use Toxic, it ruins Arceus' potential sweeper role and Ho-Oh isn't enough of a problem for me to consider it. Grass Knot is... Eh, it'll usually be better and I'm not sure if the immediate KO on Manaphy is worth it.
Very solid team. I like the use of Grass Arceus. I fell that if kabutops is lost too early or sun(to a much lesser extent) comes into play your team gets nerfed a lot.

Kyorge does mess up stall, but Grass-Arceus, Kabutops, and jirachi all become a lot better because of it. Maybe a standard modest calm mind set.

Kyorge @ Leftovers | Drizzle
Modest 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Calm Mind| Ice Beam | Surf/ Hydro Pump | Thunder

This will allow kyorge to have tad bit more bulk and versatility. If you get trapped and your kyrogre dies early to a sun team 3 pokemon instantly get worse if their sun user is still living. I normally wouldn't recommend Hydro Pump, but since Kyorge in your team set-up is a bit more disposable then the lack of PP might be o.k. I would still use surf though.
I'll consider that change! I'm not sure if I'll miss the immediate power or not but that set is more versatile for sure.
Why isn't zekrom on your threat list? Other than that everything else looks great.
Zekrom sucks dude, Bolt Strike > Arceus and Outrage > Jirachi.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Ah the team you tested vs me. It's very solid lol so not much to say..

The one nitpick I would recommend is toxic>body slam on your Jirachi. This gives you a more 'reliable' way of taking down the CM Arceus forms if they get a few CM's up instead of the attempt of flinching to death.

Great team, not weak to Palkia! The Jirachi/Arceus-Grass combo is very strong and this team adds an offensive spin to the duo.

The main issue I see with this team is that it has trouble breaking Giratina-A, as you mentioned. Hazards + Giratina-A can slowly wear down Kyogre and Dialga (your only ways of killing Giratina-A) if the team has ways to wall Kyogre and Dialga. Since you have no spikes of your own, you have to play really well to snipe off Giratina.

Another threat which I think I mentioned to you is Rayquaza. Since you have no scarfer to revenge it, and no pokemon to wall it, you have to be careful to not let it set up.

To deal with Ho-oh and CM Latias/Latios I would suggest Toxic on Jirachi or maybe Toxic on Arceus-Grass.

EDIT: how to luvdisc

Manaphy

Ah the team you tested vs me. It's very solid lol so not much to say..

The one nitpick I would recommend is toxic>body slam on your Jirachi. This gives you a more 'reliable' way of taking down the CM Arceus forms if they get a few CM's up instead of the attempt of flinching to death.
Great team, not weak to Palkia! The Jirachi/Arceus-Grass combo is very strong and this team adds an offensive spin to the duo.

The main issue I see with this team is that it has trouble breaking Giratina-A, as you mentioned. Hazards + Giratina-A can slowly wear down Kyogre and Dialga (your only ways of killing Giratina-A) if the team has ways to wall Kyogre and Dialga. Since you have no spikes of your own, you have to play really well to snipe off Giratina.

Another threat which I think I mentioned to you is Rayquaza. Since you have no scarfer to revenge it, and no pokemon to wall it, you have to be careful to not let it set up.
Hey guys!

I'm rethinking weather I should run Toxic on Arceus or Jirachi now. With Arceus I lose Calm Mind which sucks but on Jirachi I only lose Protect, which is still good regardless. Maybe I could run it over WoW on Giratina? I'll have to test them out.
EDIT: how to luvdisc
I don't think you can, old smogon forums were much better :/

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you want Toxic, I'd definitely run it on Jirachi. Grassceus is the only Pokemon that can set up, and losing that does not seem like a good idea. And WoW is really nice on Giratina-O, it can help with physical Arceus, but furthermore after a WoW some physical attackers fail to break your subs, and anything that isn't a full stall team really doesn't appreciate Giratina-O shuffling the team around from behind a sub.

I would also try running Draco Meteor on Dialga. I've used a Dialga very much like yours (I gave it some speed creep, otherwise the same EVs, and it had DM > DP) and have found DM to work really well. For me, at least, Dialga usually didn't attack THAT much, and unless you need to attack something repeatedly without switching in between, DM will do more damage than DP. It also doesn't come with the downside that many other Pokemon suffer of becoming set up fodder after using DM, since it carries roar.

Manaphy

If you want Toxic, I'd definitely run it on Jirachi. Grassceus is the only Pokemon that can set up, and losing that does not seem like a good idea. And WoW is really nice on Giratina-O, it can help with physical Arceus, but furthermore after a WoW some physical attackers fail to break your subs, and anything that isn't a full stall team really doesn't appreciate Giratina-O shuffling the team around from behind a sub.
I'll try to use it over Protect; I'm still not sure weather missing the reliable recovery and prediction ability is worth it though.

I would also try running Draco Meteor on Dialga. I've used a Dialga very much like yours (I gave it some speed creep, otherwise the same EVs, and it had DM > DP) and have found DM to work really well. For me, at least, Dialga usually didn't attack THAT much, and unless you need to attack something repeatedly without switching in between, DM will do more damage than DP. It also doesn't come with the downside that many other Pokemon suffer of becoming set up fodder after using DM, since it carries roar.
I've been using that variant for Dialga for like 3 years now but I think I still prefer Dragon Pulse, for one it's got perfect accuracy and I like te ability to use it multiple times (or for example, a Ferrothorn comes in, and I have the ability to still 2HKO is with Fire blast in the rain.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)