Decent Standard team

Hey there Smogon! This is my first time being on this forums^^and Im here with my first RMT. This team is pretty much a standard UU team but as time past, i might make some random teams that could work. But for now, Bare with me if i make a couple mistakes x.x

Roserade @ Black sludge
Trait: Natural cure
EVs: 252 hp / 240 Sp.def / 16 speed
Calm Nature
-Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
-Spikes
-Rest
Here is my First team mate: Roserade. She is my spiker on this team, Which gives her great ultility. Another good thing about roserade is that if swampert is causing problems, she can scare it out with the Giga drain and thus giving chandelure a better chance to sweep without it being locked into energy ball. Giga drain and sludge bomb are roserades main STAB moves. Rest is a greaty recovery move for roserade because it basically gives roserade a free heal via Natural Cure. The ev spread is a standard Spikes roserade spread.

Chandelure @ Choice scarf
Trait: Flash fire
EVS 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 hp
Modest Nature
-ShadowBall
-FireBlast
-Energy Ball
-Trick
This is my second Team mate: Chandelure. He is one of my wall breakers. He is also my spinblocker of this team. Even without Choice specs, This thing still hits like a truck with his dual STABS. I wanted to go for a modest nature instead of a timid nature because I dont really want to lose SP.Atk power that it could have with a modest nature. Once his counters are gone, he'll be free to sweep. Im testing right now if i should keep Trick on chandelure or maybe i should add Hidden power Fighting to deal with fast, dangerous dark types like weavile.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVS: 240 HP / 252 def / 16 atk
Relaxed Nature
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Stealth Rocks
Heres my third and arguebly my favourite team mate: Swampert. He is my defensive Tank and stealth rocker of my team. Mudkip is my favourite starter so i had to put this in somewhere. Swampert can Eat up some physical attack's coming from powerful physical attacker's, like Mienshao. Scald is there to cripple physical attackers with that 30% to burn them. Earthquake is his main STAB and its also there to do some damage to Snorlax's Checks/Counters. Roar and stealth rocks works like Peanut butter and jelly. Bascially, set up rocks then phaze them out. 252 Def / 240 HP gives me a good chance to live two 252 atk Jolly Hi jump kick from a mienshao barring a crit.

Zapdos @ Life orb
Trait: Pressure
EVS: 252 Sp.atk / 252 speed / 4 Sp.def Max Iv: 30 Atk / 30 s.atk
Timid Nature
-ThunderBolt
-Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Grass
- Roost
Here's my fourth team mate: Zapdos. Zapdos is basically my premier special sweeper. It is a good check to annoying poke's such as Offensive togekiss. Thunderbolt is the main move here as it is his STAB. Heat wave is there to counter those pesky grass types that likes to scare out my swampert and also to hit bulky Steel types such as registeel and Bronzong. Hidden power Grass is there to Kill bulky Water Types such as Swampert. Roost is there to heal off my life orb damage and give more momentum. Since roost takes away my flying type, Earthquake from swampert could hurt me (But who would stay in against a zapdos fearing a HP grass lol).

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 atk
Impish Nature
-Close Combat
-Toxic
-Rapid spin
-Foresight
Here is my 5th team mate: Hitmontop. He is my rapid spinner of this team. Rapid spin is crucial on this set because two of my sweepers are weak to Stealth rocks. Intimidate really helps Hitmontop to take physical hits like its nothing. Close Combat is his main STAB move and also hits pretty hard on pokes not being physical tanks. Instead of sucker punch, i added toxic so i could get more utility. For the last move I was thinking of putting in toxic, but i noticed that my team is pretty weak to Stealth rocks. So i need to get rid of SR ASAP. Then i added foresight so i could rapid spin on ghost types.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait : Thick Fat
EVS 252 Hp / 252 atk / 4 speed
Adamant Nature
-Body slam
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Crunch
Here is my last but definately not the least team member: Snorlax. With Choice Band, This guy hits like a truck just like chandelure. Bodyslam is his main STAB. I was thinking of putting in bodyslam>Return because i love how he could get the paralisis which he makes him more dangerous, but im also losing the power of what Return could pack. Earthquake Just hits almost everything hard (Execpt grass types) which also makes him more dangerous. Pursuit is there to trap Weak psychic/Ghost types (Azelf/Chandelure/Mismagius). Im not to sure if i should keep crunch on this thing or i should replace it with something like ice punch.

CONCLUSION:
Well, There you have it. My standard UU team. I really love this team but if you guys have any suggestion about it, then feel free to ask me^^. Also i'll try to find the threat list or maybe you guys could help me on this one!

Decent team? This team is pretty darn good. Just a few things.

If you want Chandelure to have more potent wall breaking abilities then it should have choice specs, not scarf.

Sucker Punch is pitifully weak on Hitmontop and it honesty isn't worth the slot. I think toxic would be a better move there to give Hitmontop more utility.

That's all I have to say now, I may add more later but I'm on my phone!1

Decent team? This team is pretty darn good. Just a few things.

If you want Chandelure to have more potent wall breaking abilities then it should have choice specs, not scarf.

Sucker Punch is pitifully weak on Hitmontop and it honesty isn't worth the slot. I think toxic would be a better move there to give Hitmontop more utility.

That's all I have to say now, I may add more later but I'm on my phone!1
Thanks for the Rate! Ill change sucker punch with toxic and i may put choice specs on chandelure.:)

I am usually not a fan of RMTs that don't bring anything new or unusual, I feel like it's somewhat pointless to showcase things that we already know work well. However I can't help but liking this team, it's got very nice type synergy and has checks on top of checks for all the common threats.

I think that Sucker Punch of Top was not bad idea, and priority even if fairly weak is good to have. Overall though I think Toxic is a good choice as it will help you with stuff like Porygon 2, which not even necessarily 2HKO'd by Close Combat. Your only other ways to handle it are Tricking it a scarf (something that can be dodged fairly easily) or by having Snorlax fish for Crunch drops or Parahax. Lucky crits or PP stalling are also possibilities of course.

I'd also recommend thinking about Leftovers on Snorlax. I am personally kinda biased against choice items but also by locked into Snorlax's moves, especially Pursuit, it kinda yucky as it lets just about everything set up on you. With the switches and stuff Snorlax forces Leftovers can also end up healing a pretty significant amount as he gets worn down easily and is your only good answer to the Nidos and Chandelure who switches into a lot of your mons for almost free.

I am usually not a fan of RMTs that don't bring anything new or unusual, I feel like it's somewhat pointless to showcase things that we already know work well. However I can't help but liking this team, it's got very nice type synergy and has checks on top of checks for all the common threats.

I think that Sucker Punch of Top was not bad idea, and priority even if fairly weak is good to have. Overall though I think Toxic is a good choice as it will help you with stuff like Porygon 2, which not even necessarily 2HKO'd by Close Combat. Your only other ways to handle it are Tricking it a scarf (something that can be dodged fairly easily) or by having Snorlax fish for Crunch drops or Parahax. Lucky crits or PP stalling are also possibilities of course.

I'd also recommend thinking about Leftovers on Snorlax. I am personally kinda biased against choice items but also by locked into Snorlax's moves, especially Pursuit, it kinda yucky as it lets just about everything set up on you. With the switches and stuff Snorlax forces Leftovers can also end up healing a pretty significant amount as he gets worn down easily and is your only good answer to the Nidos and Chandelure who switches into a lot of your mons for almost free.
Thanks for the rate^^ Im actually testing to see if Leftovers will work better and yeah, Being locked into pursuit would really stink.

This team is really a treat, but I cant help getting the feeling that there is no real counter to Machamp. Although he is hardly used (In my opinion it is to underused in UU), if one happened to pop out of nowhere you might need somebody to protect Snorlax. If Snorlax is locked in a crunch or pursuit that's one of your threats taken out of the game.

I recommend you create counters in your future teams for commonly used Pokemon in UU then see if you have room for other small lurking threats

I would recommed switching HP Grass on Zapdos to HP Ice. You already have Roserade and Energy Ball on Chandelure, and I always try to have an Ice type attack on my team for Gligar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)