Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
he switched his claim, now he says he wasn't told what his item does

i possess an item with the same stipulation so we do have confirmation that he is holding SOMETHING

@Walrein Yeah, I didn't mean swing vote so much as sealing Snaquaza's fate as you are right that Woodchuck was online and could have swung the vote to me instead. Not really a swing vote. Just forcing the vote down one path. This seems like good strategy, but it could also be a scum trying to seal a known villager. Not to mention, you chose to vote Snaq less than 5 minutes before the deadline.

About Woodchuck, the reason I don't say anything about him is because I am still figuring him out (I am really having a tough time reading him, probably because I am mostly focused on my more prominent suspects). Hopefully, @Woodchuck will post soon about recent events.

@Jalmont I unclaimed my item's power in my last big post before the end of D1. In reality, I was told nothing about my item's powers. I just have it, and I'm not sure why.

A note about Paperblade and Jalmont: They both seem to have a lazy semi-belligerent attitude, but I doubt they both could be mafia.

Also @Houndoomsday
I must have missed it. Where does it say that items are revealed on death? If I recall correctly, people weren't even sure of the existence of items until well into the game, and I believe I was the first person to fully claim an item.

Maybe Walrein threw the bomb? I doubt it, even if Walrein is scum. He wouldn't be foolish enough to reveal he has an item that he then immediately uses on N1 even if he is just claiming that he has an item. I bet MS is mafia and got a bomb or at the very least gave the charge for killing AG because iirc MS and AG were clashing over decisions during late D1.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ok finally have a chance to post

Zyphirex seems to have a pattern of going back on statements. He started off with "bullshit" as he put it in order to draw out responses and then took them back later, and now he's taken back his claim. All this backtracking has definitely made him look scummy, especially after the Snaquaza flip, and he caused a lot of time to be wasted discussing that dumb roleclaim only to take it back anyway. I'd go for a Zyphirex lynch later today if nothing else comes up simply because it's hard to take him at his word for anything.

Paperblade's reasoning here for why our response to Snaquaza's claim was bad makes sense, I feel bad for falling to poor logic :/ it's a shame Snaquaza's play wasn't better, though.

My thoughts on the events of the night: I'm kinda dumbfounded as to why Celever (or any villager, really) would fakeclaim bodyguard. There is pretty much only one reason to ever do that, and it's to draw the nightkill--but you always risk the actual bodyguard counterclaiming, meaning we'd probably waste a lynch on the fakeclaimer and then have the bodyguard die the next night. Given this, why wouldn't Celever use his power to survive the night? He said he felt betrayed, so I guess he relied on AG protecting him with his claimed power. @Spiffy now that we know that Celever is town, what do you think about Celever's reasons for claiming? Especially because he claimed while blaming you for pressuring him and trying to make you look scummy at the same time.

Blackhawk11

one on one
He's right. I missed this from an earlier post:
Zyphirex said:
The Math: 12 players. 3 mafia. 9 villagers. Assuming mafia have 1 nightkill (anything more than this would be ridiculous, i think), they have a 1/9 (11%) probability of hitting me, and my power only works once.
Emphasis mine. I thought I was on to something. As for the bombomb, I have a feeling that it wasn't an item and instead it's just the flavor of one of the mafia's nightkills.

Also I'll Unvote

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Woodchuck said:
Zyphirex seems to have a pattern of going back on statements. He started off with "bullshit" as he put it in order to draw out responses and then took them back later, and now he's taken back his claim. All this backtracking has definitely made him look scummy, especially after the Snaquaza flip, and he caused a lot of time to be wasted discussing that dumb roleclaim only to take it back anyway. I'd go for a Zyphirex lynch later today if nothing else comes up simply because it's hard to take him at his word for anything.
Well said Woodchuck.

Woodchuck is now one of my confirmed town

->Spiffy
->Houndoomsday
->Woodchuck

Oh btw @Woodchuck, don't you think that there are too many bodyguard roles/utility in the game?

Zyphirex you scum I shouldnt have changed my mind no thanks to jalmont's fair grand speech

I am going to avenge snaquaza for his being a town and a scumhunter

YOUR DEATH IS NOT IN VAIN!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
btw houndoomsday u are probs confirmed town anyway im not sure why you extra mass claimed but good for the town to know~

u can end the day any time as you choose i have trust in you

Alright, this level of activity is fucking unacceptable. We have four days to pick a lynch and if we pick wrong we have to play perfect for the rest of the game, and we haven't dont jack shit with the last 12 hours- that's 10% right through our fingers! And this is assuming mafia (or some outside force) don't get to kill twice in a night again- if they do it's game over with one wrong lynch. So that being said, I want to use the next couple of days to start discussing potential lynch targets. I'm going to highlight my scumreads.

2. Paperblade- I don't remember him posting more than one or two sentences- ever. He needs to step it up starting now. It's crunch time! Scummy, until he contribes.
3. Metal Sonic- Honestly, I'm having troubling seeing past his 'persona' of his posting style. In addition it's hard for me to make an unbiased read on him when he seems to have nothing but good things to say about me. That being said I don't completely get the flak he's getting, but I'm willing to defer to the town's feelings on this, however this read will be under close scrutiny. Null-scum

4. Spiffy- Def leaning town, and I'm thinking the issue with Celever was a town-town fight. Town

6. Jalmont- Probably my #2 scumread. When he posts I feel like it's very good, but he isn't posting on a consistent basis and because of that is slipping in and out of conversation to much for me to pin him down. Scum, could make it up though with great posts

7. Woodchuck- Sparse posts. Could @Metal Sonic explain why he is confirmed town? I do feel like he has been good regardless, but then again some of my nearly certain feelings as to the scumminess of celever and AG were completely wrong. Town, could change

8. Walrein- Haven't seen much of him- I want to see more from him as well. Who did he sub for? I am not going through and checking, and obviously that is fairly important. Same as metal sonic, I'll defer to the village on him. Null, needs to contribute or risk becoming scum

10. Blackhawk11- No real contribution since the update. However his top two scum (jalmont and zypherix) are pretty solid imo. Null, but it will probably swing depending on his contributions in the next 48 hours.

12. Zyphirex- His reads were pretty shit. One town (me, which is about the most fucking safe thing you can read town on), and one scum, MS, which I've already told my feelings on. Still scummy.

vote Zyphirex you said you were gonna defend yourself once we lynched snaquaza now hes a dead villager and you havent done anything.

Eagle4 told me majority is 5, we have a total of 10 votes. Because I don't want any chance of a mafia hammer, no one is should go past L-2. Zypherix is at that, but I want everyone to vote to get more pressure, and fast. We have 96 hours, pressure needs to come now. If you don't vote I'm going to think that's a little weird, so even if you #1 read is at L-2 you should have other scumreads and we need your votes.

Still kinda want a list of subs and shit, but w/e its not a big deal.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
@Houndoomsday if you have 2 votes then Zyphirex is at L-1, not L-2, lol.
People lynching Zyphirex: @Paperblade , @Metal Bagon , @Houndoomsday which should add up to 4 votes out of 5 for majority
If you don't want a hammer at L-1 then unvoting may be a good idea.
Mafia going this long without anyone coming on and hammering Zyphirex is interesting; a mafia could easily say "i thought it was L-2", vote Zyphirex, and end up "accidentally" lynching him and blame Houndoomsday for the mistake. I would be far more likely to think HDD was scummy if someone actually did this, as it would look like a contrived plan to hammer a townie Zyphirex. I don't really know if Zyphirex not being hammered makes him look scummier, because to me, if Zyphirex was town, then I would think it would be a decent tradeoff to hammer Zyphirex and put the town at LYLO (I think??? not sure who said that, it might not be lylo after one more mislynch) and blame Houndoomsday for the misinformation leading to a hammer. This not happening could indicate Zyphirex is scum.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
addendum: this makes houndoomsday look a bit less clean in my eyes because if he really was mayor i'd think he'd count the votes more carefully - someone fakeclaiming mayor would be more likely to make this mistake imo

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Houndoomsday I subbed in for Acklow, who subbed in for barty the beetle.

I'll try to write up a post tomorrow as it's 4 am, but I might not be as active as I would like to be since I'm kinda trying to lead a village.

Votecount 2.1 - Damn these Boos

Zyphirex: (3) Paperblade, Blackhawk11, Houndoomsday, Metal Sonic, Houndoomsday L-2
Jalmont: (1) Spiffy
Metal Sonic: (1) Zyphirex

Not Voting: Blackhawk11, Walrein, Jalmont, Woodchuck

Deadline is 3 days time.

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Woodchuck,
your plan is flawed.

1. Zyphirex is scum, so his teammates would not be likely to hammer him. Therefore, his teammates could be in the pool of those not voting: Walrein, Jalmont, Blackhawk?

2. Zyphirex is scum, so his teammates might want to vote him for towncred. It is possible that Paperblade be one of this.

3. We have no idea of knowing which one, but a teammate may also potentially hammer in order to gain towncred "Oh I hammered scum so I must be town!"

4. Zyphirex is probably a dispensible "teammate" anyway lol just look at that

Therefore with no possible way to distinguish these results, votecount analysis on Zyphirex is useless and will more often than not lead to misleading/false results.

Meanwhile, as I have said in Day 1, the only possible way to clean Zyphirex now is through a inspector investigation. As it seems that no inspector has claimed that Zyph is innocent by now, there are three possible scenarios. 1. Zyphirex is guilty so the real inspector does not want to claim and just let go on with it. 2.The inspector didn't inspect Zyphirex because its a fricking waste of his night move as Zyphirex will flip scum anyway 3. The inspector got an innocent but does not wish to claim because saving Zyphirex is a bad choice over saving himself.

I believe that Options 1 or 2 are the most plausible. If I were the inspector, I would pick option 2.

Anyway so yes @Woodchuck looking at who votes zyph or not really doesnt bring us anywhere and also if nobody claims inspector+innocent on zyphirex we hang him

die scum shouldnt have let you live last day poor snaquaza I made the wrong choice but its a matter of lynch order

@Woodchuck honestly Celever would have most likely been at L-1 sooner of later so his claiming a bit early didn't really bother me. What I don't understand is why he claimed bodyguard when apparently he is the safeguard! This could be attributed to the fact that the role PM is pretty vague in what exactly he protects from (it says no where in the PM that it doesn't protect from kills) so I guess his claiming bodyguard was an honest mistake.

I look forward to Jalmont getting very serious about this game.

@Metal Sonic I asked you who your top two scum reads are other than Zyphirex and I don't believe you answered me, so please do so.

I might as well answer that question: My top two scumreads other than Zyphirex (who I want lynched today), are Jalmont and Metal Sonic. I explained all of my reasoning in previous posts this day so I don't feel like repeating myself.

I don't understand how Houndoomsday miscounting the votes makes him less clean, Woodchuck, it's probably just a simple mistake that I'm sure he'd be careful not to make if he was scum.

Yeah this post was pretty contentless, but I (suprisingly) can't find much else to comment on, so if you guys want anything more from me let me know!!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
@Spiffy

In case you were too lazy to read between the lines, please refer to my post above you. My scumreads are the names specific in the post: Paperblade, Walrein, Jalmont and Blackhawk, in ascending order of scumminess

So if I have to make a list it would go like this

From town to scum

Town

Woodchuck
Houndoomsday
Spiffy
Blackhawk
Jalmont
Walrein
Paperblade
Zyphirex
Scum

I'm pretty sure that celever makes enough honest mistakes like that to confuse a safeguard with a bodyguard lol. In fact he had a bodyguard/ultimate protection item so I guess he assumed he was also a bodyguard. I find it weird that he did not use it, but I guess he was counting on A_G to protect him instead. But apparently A_G bullshitted and disappointed celever, himself, and the town. -___-

@Woodchuck, what do you think about this? After all, you are now one of my top town reads!

Blackhawk11

one on one
Eagle4 has essentially confirmed that Houndoomsday has two votes, so unless that's a mafia ability (and we're probably screwed if it is...) then he's clean.

My top 5 scum are (in order):
Jalmont - Dodgey, doesn't contribute much. I await him "getting very serious about this game." @Jalmont when you get a chance, please give me your read on Walrein.

Spiffy - Got in that debate with Celever, so we're left with a WIFOM "Would a mafioso get into a very public, very memorable conflict with a villager whom his faction then decided to kill?" Obviously, when Spiffy was in that conflict with Celever he didn't know that the mafia (whether he's one or not) would basically be required to kill Celever that night, since Celever hadn't claimed BG at that point. @Spiffy do you believe that Celever's death makes you more clean or more guilty?

Woodchuck - Contributing scarcely, and never seems to make a memorable post. To me it seems like he's slipping under the radar and that's alright with him. @Woodchuck please give me your read of Paperblade.

Metal Sonic - Has called several people "practically confirmed village" which could be seen as buddying. AG did this to me last game and it really made me think that he was on my team. I think that this will be a good place to start considering relationships if either him, Spiffy, or Woodchuck dies. A quick question though: @Metal Sonic have you considered that there may not be an inspector? Your analysis seemed to imply that we must have one...

Zyphirex - The fact that no one hammered while he was at L-1 is surprising if he is village, especially if the mafia will continue to get two nightkills. I would think that two mislynches would really put them in a good position if that were the case, so that signifies to me that Zyph is mafia or the mafia isn't going to get two nightkills every night. @Zyphirex why on earth would you make up a fake item claim? I know that you said your item seemed like it could function in that way, but still, why? I want a very clear answer to this question. Do you still believe that your item may actually function in the manner (or a similar, less OP one) that you described?

@Blackhawk11 Your reason for finding me scummy doesn't exceed "debated with Celever", so I am having trouble understanding why I am the 2nd most scummy in your eyes. Considering you agreed with my view that Celever was acting scummy, you sound pretty hypocritical! Please elaborate. As for your question, I don't think Celever dying had anything to do with my argument with him, but the fact that he claimed bodyguard. I guess I would look scummier since Celever flipped but I definitely shouldn't be judged on that alone.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Admittedly there is a big gap between jalmont and the rest of my list. I'm fairly confident that Walrein and Houndoomsday are village, and that left me with 6 players to judge. I picked the top 5 (because who makes a "Top 6" list?) and wrote a bit on each.
As for why you're #2, it was to get a second opinion of you. I'll admit that almost every one of your posts has been rather pro-town, calling out players and actually distributing those call-outs between the majority of players (pre-Celever). Once you thought Celever was being scummy, and I definitely agree that he was acting very suspiciously, you made a very public, noticeable conflict in which your target ended up dying and flipping village, and we've sort of just stopped considering it. A lot of players are putting it off as Village vs Village, and I think there's a different angle that it can be viewed from. You were very vocal in getting Celever into the spotlight, which probably amplified his anxiety about being a power role and not knowing what to do, and that made him come off as acting suspiciously. If you are mafia, you would know that he was village and assume that since he's been acting like a noob he wouldn't hold up under pressure. So I'm wondering if anyone else will look back on this and see it in a different manner, or if everyone will stick to the belief that you're village.

just wanna point out a couple of things.

first of all zyphirex being at l-1 for like 7-8 hours was completely my fault. i seriously missed metal sonics vote on him and that almost cost us the game. in my defense it was 1 am but i swear that ill be much more cautious with my vote. however i find it interesting that he wasnt lynched by mafia, who certainly realize that this could easily win the game. assuming one nightkill, after a hammer and the night it is now 4v3, and while we have a confirmed mafia we do have to play very careful, because after that we are in a 3v2 situation, and at that point one error=gg. also it would be very easy to blame on me, because i miscounted. so make of that what you will, but i am having trouble believing they wouldnt seize the oppurtunity

also eagle4 seems to have accidentally confirmed my role, he said i would count as one in the vote count but i think im two. obviously i still plan to hammer a few hours before deadline to prove it, and dont read into this too much as he could have added it up wrong or something, but still to anyone doubting me, i think this is as good proof as we could get until this day ends.

@Jalmont youre browsing, you need to post stuff, and good stuff. i feel like ive seen multiple "prod dodge" posts, which is pretty bad activity and we need all we can get right now.

@Paperblade you havent said much at all since the update. and solar vapor wasnt adding much either. who are your 3 scumreads atm, who (besides me) do you think is the towniest, and uh any other thoughts?

@Metal Sonic i asked you to explain why woodchuck was your #1 town read before, please do.

guys when you post please vote for someone, we dont have time to slowly build pressure, and votes are the best way. even if they arent you #1 scumread its /something/ and there is no reason not to, especially if we remain cautious and keep everyone L-2 where a stealth isnt really feasible and gives us 2 scums.

blackhawk pointed out that a dead MS is very good for looking at relationships and while i dont think he is that scummy and right now is helping the village out quite a bit its something to keep in mind i guess, if he is nightkilled or something

I would say Spiffy is towniest after myself and you, since pretty much every other player is either disqualified (is dead/you/me) or was on an obvtown wagon. Blackhawk's posts have been pretty good today tho.

tbh I would rather just end the day now since I don't think the lynch will realistically swing to someone other than Zyphir.

since you appear to be around to post, could you a) do what i asked re: scumreads, and b) post something longer than 3 lines? im sorry if im coming off as harsh but its getting a little ridiculous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)