Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Alright village. Due to my role, which gives me a variable amount of votes depending on specific factors, I now have a vote value of 2. I will let you know if it changes. Consider this a claim to a pseudo-mayor role. I'll post my thoughts on the night-kills later.

can someone explain why celever didnt protect?

First, I would like to apologize for being absent at deadline seeing as my presence was wanted (although I did say I wouldn't be able to be on at deadline -_-). I believe the last few hours of the day were handled as best as they could and Walrein made an executive decision that had to be made and that I agree with. It did end up in a mislynch, but I don't see how that could have been handled any better (maybe better play on Snaquaza's part :/).

OH MY GOD @Houndoomsday what could have possibly compelled you to claim mayor? We are already down three villagers and extra votes is probably one of our only saving graces at this point, and you THROW THAT AWAY by letting the mafia know: 1.) Who has those extra votes 2.) One less person that could be the inspector, so mafia can narrow him down even easier...
Please tell me your thought process on claiming this for absolutely no reason, and also please tell me you are joking.

Two kills sucks, none of our confirmed townies made it through the night, but there's not much we can do. This probably means there is a wolf unless the vig chose to kill A_G or Celever, which seems stupid/unlikely (no vig do not claim).

I'm assuming that Zyphirex will get enough pressure from everyone else so...Vote Jalmont

@Jalmont intentionally contributes nothing the entirety of Day 1, and his final vote ends up on the guy we mislynched. These two facts combined make for a very suspicious fellow!

Sorry this post was pretty hasty, I'll post more thoughts later when I have the time.

You people are stupid, why would someone claim Vanilla on D1 if they were scum? That just screams "GUYS I AM NOT IMPORTANT LYNCH ME ANYWAY" which means he's probably actually vanilla, since at least mafia will have the decency to claim some shit like cop or bg to try to bait out a claim or convince people to panic and unvote.

Zyphir was way more scummy and his "No wait I was lying!" reeks of backpedaling.

lynch zyphirex

Bad users that changed at the last minute are also under suspicion.

Ugh, this isn't good. 3 Villies dead. One mislynch and we go into LYLO. :confused: I have some quick pieces of analysis before my larger complete re-read of everyone in this game. First, I find it really, really weird that no one else had items even though I did. Maybe the items aren't revealed on death? Also, that seemed to be a real idiotic move on the part of Aura. Celever should've just used his safeguard. Next, that explosion was almost certainly a bob-bomb. Look it up in the items article. The point is the mafia had an item, and I think they used it just to guarantee a bodyguard kill N1. However, I highly doubt (and hope) that they can't do another double kill (or we are so screwed N2). As you read this, I am making my totally modified reads list. Please, don't massively bandwagon me before I submit it.

I'd also like to know, @Zyphirex, why you just assume that we will be at LYLO if we mislynch when it hasn't been confirmed (as far as I know) how many mafia there are in the game. The existance of a second kill makes it even less predictable how many mafians there are.

Blackhawk11

one on one
1. Suppose mafia get 2 nightkills per turn.
Scenarios
(Assuming No Blocks and assuming at least 2 Mafia Remaining implies 2 kills)
Does anyone else find it strange that Zyphirex assumed that the mafia would get two nightkills, and it just so happened that the mafia got two nightkills (unless we have a neutral or a very stupid vigilante among us)? A reasonable assumption (based on my experience) would have been one kill per night for the mafia. I originally noticed this assumption but I wrote it off as inexperience, however, now that his assumption has been proven correct I'm very suspicious. @Zyphirex explain yourself.
Vote Zyphirex

In other news, Jalmont is practically confessing to being mafia right?

@Blackhawk11 If you read the whole post and noted its context, you would note the fact that I was:
1. Showing that it would be unlikely for mafia to get 2 nightkills per turn.
2. Responding to Walrein about why I assumed the mafia only get 1 nightkill per turn in a previous post.
3. In a previous post, assumed that mafia had more than 1 nightkill.

@Spiffy Eagle4 said its 9v3 format in the opening post, if that's what you are asking...

We have 6 villies and 3 mafia. Therefore, 1 mislynch + 1 nightkill = 4 villies and 3 mafia aka LYLO (if my math and assumptions are correct).

Spiffy it says its a 9v3 in the OP

good to know zyphirex can confirm there is no vigilante/wolf, so it has to be a bom-omb! :cool:

interesting that all 3 people who had there votes left on zypherix were village, while (most likely) 50% of the votes on snaquaza were scum. ill vote zypherix and move on. im not voting because of that, i already think hes scummy, and why is he pushing so hard to say its a mafia item when knowing that does absolutely nothing for us?

A_G kill is weird to me. actually i was thinking he was scum, something about him just seemed to be off- he was posted bad/obvious logic and is experienced. oh well, shouldve used the heart! also zyphirex can you read items are revealed on death! im thinking this was not the primary mafia kill, as they would have gone for celever, but im not feeling like we have a wolf cause it said 9v3 and unless the villager who kill AG was an idiot it doesnt make sense to kill a claimed PR, even if they are suspicious. i feel like he shouldve used the heart but

celever def should have safeguarded. dont understand the logic and it makes me sad

mafia shouldnt get 2 kills a night, or were fuck from the start, its most likely a one-off.

jalmont also still seems scummy

the night made me forget a lot of shit, can someone post a list of who subbed for who and who is confirmed town?

oh shit wordcount: 257!!!!

also i didnt claim mayor because im not, my role could easily fall back to 1 vote and i wanted to clean myself as early in the day as possible and also give you guys a heads up so we dont hammer

NO ONE VOTE ZYPHERIX HE IS AT VOTES=4 AND THE EAGLE TOLD ME HE NEEDED TO CHECK IF 5 OR 6 IS MAJORITY

yeah id be fine hammering L-2 a couple hours before deadline or something

also totally skipped over blackhawks post, i thought he quoted something zyphirex said today and not day 1

maybe zyphirex was posting that as bullshit as well and trying to draw reactions? :rolleyes:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
zyphirex is almost certainly scum (fantastic point, blackhawk), but i'd like to see his defense (and also have no idea what the votecount is) so not voting yet

Sorry, I guess I never looked at the OP thoroughly enough to notice the setup lol. So that confirms that there are no neutrals; Either the vig shot one of them (unlikely) or the mafia had two kills last night (likely).

I hope everyone realizes that there are confirmed to be three (just learned this now!) mafians, so while Zyphirex is probably one of them we shouldn't just waste this day only pressuring/bandwagoning him. @Metal Sonic who are your top two scum reads other than Zyphirex? Speaking of Metal Sonic, I found it really weird, given his normally stubborn nature, that Metal Sonic swapped his vote from Zyphirex to Snaquaza so suddenly and without warning. He already explained himself so I don't expect a response, but I still think it's very out of character for Metal Sonic to have his mind changed by someone...

For example, we could use this day to actually get some SUBSTANCE from @Jalmont instead of letting him skate by again?

I think that's a good idea.

I agree that Houndoomsday should hammer when the time comes to prove his role.

Words - 419

That was def. a "day 1 lynch" really thought we would get it but it's day 1 so it's sorta understandable i guess....

Walrein what sort of defense are you expecting? He's claimed an item that seem astonishingly broken and I don't see what sort of defense he is going to provide that's going to change your mind (or anyone elses for that matter)

hey spiffy if you were unaware snaq was actually a solid target of mine for most of day 1 - yes i was wrong (and i prolly fucked up re: the claim) and i will admit to that but I definitely did contribute and if you missed that then i am sorry, but i have nothing else to really apologize for my play day 1 (except for the prods those were dumb and i should've avoided them e.e)

my thoughts so far (excluding zyphirex because i don't need to clutter the thread [or maybe i should talk about him to reach my 300 word count???])

WALREIN and METAL SONIC are my t2 scum reads at the moment

the problem i have with walrein unfortunately stems from his predecessors - btb collapsed under pressure and Acklow was prone to posting major tl;drs that, in my opinion, lacked the quality analysis observations compared to users like hdoom and woodchuck. the thing with walrein is that, i get the feeling even with such a radically different playstyle compared to his predecessors, i get the same bad vibe. i feel like he is skating under the radar, with nice little one line posts making it appear he is still in the game, while not really adding much from his perspective. i mean, maybe it's too early, but my impressions of previous scum haven't been changed which makes me a bit worrisome on his part

metal sonic's issues stem from a lack of consistency. it's the consistency of his "instability" that worries me - yes we know his usual behavior, but it's hard for me to take him seriously when he says he is going to change, and then he doesn't really. I mean, his posts aren't abrasive at all - but his contributions are the same in the sense that there's a lot of unvalidated things that he appears to have drawn out of a hat. i should (and will) get some examples here but I think you guys get where I'm going from?

yeah I have a lot of summer homework sorry to make this short

Ampharos

I obviously can't defend my predecessors all that well but btb is new and new players make a habit of collapsing under pressure from what I've seen, and I thought it was common knowledge that Acklow is prone to being overly verbose. I think I've already stated this, but I have the opposite problem - my posts have a tendency to be short and to the point, out of a combination of dislike of walls of text, impatience, laziness, and playing way too many video games.

I agree that Metal Sonic's inconsistency has been an issue, and I think I've already stated that his change in playstyle could be a scum attempt to make us focus more on the styling of his posts rather than his content, so we don't catch onto his bullshit.

Though as I said Zyph is most likely scum, looking back he raises a valid point regarding the bob-omb, though it's possible that the village started with it and whoever threw it is just completely retarded >_>

Walrein is probably just pressuring Zyphir to look town when he flips scum even though Walrein was the swing vote between Snaq and Zyphir with what was practically a stealth vote.

1. Alright, so I have my reads list, and I have to say ERMAHGERD!!! The village is so screwed right now. Also, DO YOU GUYS EVEN FUCKING READ THE GOD DAMN THINGS PEOPLE ARE POSTING?! Seriously, there are SO many things you guys have just completely missed that anyone who had read the posts would have seen. For example, that post that Blackhawk11 quoted. MY GOD, all you had to do is look at what Walrein posted just a couple posts before that.

2. Isn't it really convenient that Metal Sonic switched his vote to Snaquaza and said, if Snaquaza flipped villy, we would have an easy lynch on D2 (me)?

3. I did predict a few things (if trivial correctly):
a. Yoshi is BG.
b. Princesses have special PRs.
c. Koopa Troopa is a villy turned from Bowser (although only vanillager).
(yeah, yeah, this is me just putting some shit out there to show that I at least did SOMETHING right :confused:)
Also, those may seem like complete non-points, but that means that I might be on to something when saying that the BBs could have a bob-omb.

4. READZ (YAY!) I'll do this in order of final vote.

Zyphirex
I w
Houndoomsday - Village - Houndoomsday is pretty much the only person (left alive) who has consistently railed (not quite tunneled) on me. From the events of last night, that is, the sudden shift for a Snaquaza lynch and his stability in lynching me, I upgrade him to my list of top villagers. I will go more into my logic about the Snaquaza lynch as I go on.

(Everyone else is dead. Maybe I killed them all...:eek:)

Snaquaza

Woodchuck - Uhmmm - Honestly, I don't really know about him. Although he is less important to me right now, I think he is still leaning Villager, but with the Snaquaza flip, I'm not entirely sure. However, I have stronger reads on other people.

Jalmont - Null Scum - I have to be honest that I'm not always sure what he is trying to get across in his posts. He seems pretty lazy/disinterested in the game, so he might just be a vanillager, but I don't know. The Snaquaza flip seems a bit scummy, but he doesn't seem to be shooting for another kill immediately (unlike some others I am about to mention).

Metal Sonic - Thick and Viscous Scum - He quickly reasoned that both Snaquaza and I are scum. First, he gave logic to lynch me D1 and Snaquaza D2. However, once I had gotten my self into some pretty deep shit, he asked me to claim. I claimed with a role claim that was almost immediately questioned, but before anyone else responded, he said, "OK I guess I will lynch Snaq then." After reading through the RNG NOC, this is NOT how Metal Sonic plays. In fact, that kind of switching is really ridiculous in general, especially with the little logic put into it. He then puts forth his new logic saying that Snaquaza is very likely scum and in the small chance he flips Villy, I am almost certainly scum. Well, I think that would be incredibly convenient for a mafia looking for 2 straight mislynches to shove the town into mislynch and lose phase. Henceforth, I am declaring Metal Sonic as my #1 Scum. Heheh. Punny.

Blackhawk11 - Mild Scum - He seemed to pull something in between Jalmont and Metal Sonic. He had the same general logic of switching from being suspicious of me to lynching Snaquaza while having a fallback plan of lynching me on D2. Hence, I make him a possible suspect for another day if no one comes forth with any more information today.

Walrein - Mild Scum - He flipped his vote at the last second, conveniently lynching a villager. This is quite scummy, but not as scummy as Metal Sonic, the pied piper of mislynches.

No Vote

Paperblade - Null - I don't know about him. He just acts weird/obnoxious, although that may just be his style, so until he posts a bit more I will withold judgment.

Spiffy - Null Village - He seems pretty solidly aligned with the village, but that last minute unvote of Snaquaza might be a scum worried about being caught among scum friends. This is mostly just speculation given that he is hard to read.

5. Maybe you guys want to consider doing something more than bandwagon lynching a shitty villager.

6. 2 nightkills by mafia is ridiculous. They obviously had a one shot. I highly doubt a villager would have a bob-bomb, given it's general association to the more evil characters (Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr.).

7. Impaled by thorns sounds like Bowser Jr. (as if he wouldn't be one of the Bowser Boys (Hooray for years of playing Mario games! :D (Parentheception)))

8. @Spiffy seems to be suddenly shooting really hard at Jalmont. I don't know what to say about this.

9. @Paperblade No I will not stop rolespeccing.

10. SCREW THE WORD COUNT. Hear that? It's my pc going ++!:p

Ampharos

"swing vote"? The vote was Snaq L-2, Zyph L-3 when I switched off of Zyph, and IIRC the only other person on at deadline was Woodchuck, whose vote was already on Snaq.

Check yoself before you wreck yoself.

Word Count - 202

if you do not understand what i am saying you should ask. if i don’t know you are confused i can’t exactly clarify can i?

your read on woodchuck said nothing in and was entirely composed of fluff (looks nice doesn’t say much)

if paperblade is null, does that mean solar vapor was null for you to? are you not taking into account past players. if not, i would like to know why since that’s like having a ton of evidence for a trial and then going “nope i’m just not using that”

@Walrein how do you feel about zyphire’s recent defense? did you notice there was nothing about the item (which is still broken) i mean i guess zyphire didn’t address it because there’s not a lot to say about it; zyphire’s claims he has it but it seemingly is a broken item whose presence does not make sense - i’d like to know how this defense has influenced your view on said user

while it’s nice to be right prediction-wise it pretty much proves that until stuff actually happens you can’t validate the claim showing the near uselessness of game speculation of any kind (so let’s not go any further)

"swing vote"? The vote was Snaq L-2, Zyph L-3 when I switched off of Zyph, and IIRC the only other person on at deadline was Woodchuck, whose vote was already on Snaq.

Check yoself before you wreck yoself.
o w/e

Your post was still bad and you should feel bad.

Also jalmont I'm pretty sure zyphir actually did unclaim his item? Too lazy to go check

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)