Gengar: Sheer Force

And here's a new team I'm working on.

Alakazam: Sheer Force
Kyurem-B: Magic Guard
Jellicent: Water Absorb
Nidoqueen: Teravolt
Drapion: Levitate
Terrakion: Battle Armour

Wanted to use LO Magic Guard Kyu-B with Roost + 3 attacks, so Zam was obvious. Sheer Force would be a good ability for Zam so I just grabbed Nidoqueen, because of its good bulk. Put Teravolt on it so SR could get past Magic Bouncers. Jellicent is filler but it does provide a lot of defensive synergy. Also wanted to try out my Drapion set (bulky fast support). ScarfTerrakion fixes up some of my problems with special walls.

Still a lot to work on compared to my first team.

Also, are unreleased abilities allowed?

Updated my old team -
TTar: Levitate
Landorus-T: Sand Stream
Conkeldurr: Intimidate
Mamoswine: Technician
Roserade: Thick Fat
Gengar: Sheer Force

And here's a new team I'm working on.

Alakazam: Sheer Force
Kyurem-B: Magic Guard
Jellicent: Water Absorb
Nidoqueen: Teravolt
Drapion: Levitate
Terrakion: Battle Armour

Wanted to use LO Magic Guard Kyu-B with Roost + 3 attacks, so Zam was obvious. Sheer Force would be a good ability for Zam so I just grabbed Nidoqueen, because of its good bulk. Put Teravolt on it so SR could get past Magic Bouncers. Jellicent is filler but it does provide a lot of defensive synergy. Also wanted to try out my Drapion set (bulky fast support). ScarfTerrakion fixes up some of my problems with special walls.

Still a lot to work on compared to my first team.

What happened to Justified and where did you get Levitate for your new team?

Also, are unreleased abilities allowed?

Alakazam
Trait: Sheer Force
Kyurem-Black
Trait: Magic Guard
Mienshao
Trait: Intimidate
Salamence
Trait: Regenerator
Nidoqueen (F)
Trait: Teravolt
Jirachi
Trait: Serene Grace

So I fixed up my 2nd team. I'll be on joimslab (spaghettisaurus) if anyone wants to battle.

i haven't played this much but two great things i've noticed are technician lucario (bullet punch, bite, force palm if you're into that, for special there's hidden power and vacuum wave), which i've used myself, and unaware cresselia, which was impossible for my team to get around and seems like a good idea in general since one thing i've always hated about cressy was the vulnerability to sub+setup sweepers.

also, flash fire scizor is exactly as hilarious as it sounds. bullet punch doesn't hit as hard, but it can still revenge as well as any other priority user and there's no other move that really cares about technician. and it's totally worth netting a KO on that heatran or lati@s or magnezone or fire type w/ magnet pull that thought it was going to OHKO you.

Well, we didn't win OMotM this time by one vote, which really blows (Especially since one vote for Budgetmons was by a troll account who's troll post was deleted, but not his vote.) Hopefully we'll win next month :/

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, we didn't win OMotM this time by one vote, which really blows (Especially since one vote for Budgetmons was by a troll account who's troll post was deleted, but not his vote.) Hopefully we'll win next month :/
Actually I gave the OMotM to ability exchange, gotta try that meta too

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Well in any case AE will be a fun ladder. It's been a while since I got to play it regularly. Can't find much battlers now tbh.

Actually I gave the OMotM to ability exchange, gotta try that meta too
I was joking in the vote thread about the voting mafia and the blackmailing. I'm sure others were too :/ Regardless have you talked to artic and joim? It could be too late at this point and imo I don't think it's necessary.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was joking in the vote thread about the voting mafia and the blackmailing. I'm sure others were too :/ Regardless have you talked to artic and joim? It could be too late at this point and imo I don't think it's necessary.
I talked to The_Immortal, he said he would tell Joim, and tbh it was mainly on IRC/showdown but I don't wanna drag drama here anyway, dw I knew you were joking in your post :3
Edit - apparently it was too late, so yeah sry :/

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Poison heal Staraptor and Intimidate Glscor seem like vey legitimate threats, PHRaptor with sub, facade and brave bird destroyes stall because it's main 2 stabs benefit (facade doubles and brave bird recoil is mitigated) and toxic orb makes status unable to touch it. might try that later (on phone atm)

EDIT: nbody has mentioned the infamous magic guard archeops? srsly, alakazam can skill swap defeatist and MG chops is damn insane

Last edited:
I've been toying with magic guard archeops, I must admit it is very deadly. Being able to headsmash + life orb without any recoil and access to great move pool in both, physical and special side with no more hindering is deadly.
Though I honestly gave the defeatist to a pure support/spiker skarmory to just go "eh" and have a weak armor to give to a choice user.

Infact, I'd also be tempted to try out sheer force archeops. 112 spa + sheer force + life orb and access to: Earth power, focus blast, Heat wave, Rock slide.. Could have a lot of potential as a mixed threat.
Shame it doesn't get a good stab special move to abuse with sheer force (ancient power would most likely still be out classed by rock slide even on pure special.. and no air slash makes me sads)
Does sound good on paper, but still bit unsure if it would be able to pull it off though.
Archeops is really getting some serious love with this meta.

Few other things that I've been testing out that might have potential:

Regirock loves to become the sand stream setter with the insane defenses it receives. Unfortunantly not too many pokemon have much use for clear body.. Though Rhyperior is a good secondary choice, giving access to solid rock and reckless to spread out.
Lati twins and hydreigon = Sheer force. These three dragons with their move pools can milk the hell out of this. Specialy hydreigon.
Reuniclus + Conkerdurr = Analyctic. 30% bonus for these bulky bastards is deadly + being able to give away amazing abilities in exchange for other pokemons.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Terrakion moxie rock polish with a gem to get the first kill, sub to set up on status, and such. Best moxie abuser?

Sheer force + life orb alakazam is REALLY strong while also giving out a fantastic ability. Defeatist is workable on resttalkers, or walls. Archeops probably isnt OP, lots of walls can still stand up to it, and it isnt blazing fast or bulky. Technician mamoswine beats it up pretty bad. ALso technician+bulldoze, use it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Technician Bulldoze is actually weaker than Earthquake. Mamoswine's main threats are bulky Waters, so the Speed drop rarely makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)