*`*`*A Little Cup Oddyssey, a Team of Oddballs and VoltTurning*`*`*

Introduction:
Ok, so I made this team today because I really wanted to attempt a Warstory. I decided on Little Cup because I love the Pokemon in it! This team, I decided, was going to be odd, hence the pun in the name, I also wanted to make a VoltTurn core, which I have never done before. My main goal of this team was to have it stand out from most teams, with Pokemon that really aren't used as often as they should be. It's really sad that these Pokemon are usable, but are often considered outclassed. This team is for the underdogs out there, and an attempt to make a really great Warstory one day. Looking forward to reading your comments and suggestions on my team!

Teambuilding:

Taillow was added first because I think it is a very powerful and capable attacker in Little Cup.
/

I added Chinchou next because it can handle the Electric, Rock, and Ice types that plague Taillow, plus it began my VoltTurn core.
/
/

Mienfoo was the next to join the VoltTurn core, as it is a powerful wallbreaker that can handle any Steel-Types that wall Taillow.
/
/
/

Archen was the next member to join my team because I had to have hazards. I decided on this oddball for some great support moves it gets.
/
/
/
/

Anorith joined my team because I needed a Rapid Spinner, as I switch alot with this team.
/
/
/
/

Sandshrew was added instead of Anorith because I found it to work better and allowed me not to be plowed down by Sand Teams.
/
/
/
/
/

Chikorita was the final member of my odd little joint, as I wanted a Cleric/Screener, and Chikorita fit perfectly! (Plus it is Uber cute :3 )

At A Glance:
/
/
/
/
/

In-Depth Look:

Talon (Taillow) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

This fearsome little bird was the starting point of this team. It really can pull its weight and is a monster after it's Orb activates. Facade is 140 Base Power before STAB, almost as powerful as Giga Impact, but with no recharge! Brave Bird nails anything not named Bronzor hard. Quick Attack provides a very nice and powerful STAB priority, which can save it from faster foes. U-Turn provides momentum, and is a very nice addition to my VoltTurn core. This fearsome beast has swept many a times, as long as Steels have been removed. Really, I am not open for changing him, but I will change a moveslot if you can convince me it is worth it :P

Scalene (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 224 Spd / 228 SAtk / 56 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Chinchou has always been one of my faves, it has such a great typing and a cute little face :3 Hydro Pump hits like a truck and Ice Beam hits Grass-Types hard. Thunderbolt is a very powerful STAB move that I love to nail those ignorant Water-Types thinking they will stay in and take a Hydro Pump. Volt Switch helps me switch out of checks such as Lileep, and switch to something that can handle its opponents. It also aids the VoltTurn core of my team, and has been doing
phenomenal job with it's job! This little fishy goes to town :) (Extra respect points if you get the pun in the name ;) )

Gladiator (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Mienfoo is not an oddball to LC, but it certainly is the undisputed king of the tier. He hits like a truck and has a great ability to fall back on. Hi Jump Kick will dent anything that isn't a ghost. Fake Out allows me to hit anything hard and get off some quick fast damage. Stone Edge hits Ghost-types that wall Mienfoo for decent damage and hits the Flying-Types hard. U-Turn keeps up momentum and in conjunction with U-Turn, while also recovering Mienfoo's damage taken from Life Orb and other attacks. U-Turn + Regenerator + Fake Out is such a deadly combo that will break down the opponent's team over time.

Scooby (Archen) @ Eviolite
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 20 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd / 152 HP
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

I really like and believe in anti-lead / support Archen. This little bugger has saved me so many times. It is great against many other leads, Taunting them before they can lay down hazards or set up, and lets Archen set up Stealth Rock without fear of being Taunted. Stealth Rock is mandatory on every team, and Archen is the fastest one in the tier. Roost gets it up past Defeatist range, which isn't very helpful because Archen is a mono-attacker. Stone Edge hits hard, with the investment provided it gets to a very nice 18 Attack, with such little EV investment! It gets nice neutral STAB and does a pretty great job of denting opponents.

Aunt Hilda (Sandshrew) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Sandshrew is uncommon on non-sand team because most suspect that Drilbur is better for Spinning, but I beg to differ. Rapid Spin helps get rid of the Stealth Rock that plague my team. At +2, Sandshrew hits like a train running off the tracks. Its bulk provided by Eviolite gives it enough room to set up, while surviving attacks while attacking the opponent's team. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide impeccable coverage and while nail things very well. Sandshrew really is usable outside of Sandstorm in my opinion, and fits as a perfect check to Sand teams.

Miley (Chikorita) @ Light Clay
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 236 SDef / 236 Def
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Giga Drain

Chikorita is one of the cutest Pokemon around! She's no pushover, she can hold her ground. Aromatherapy keeps my team healthy from burns and other status, yes it does remove the Guts boost from Taillow, but it still has the orb so it can still re-Guts. Dual Screens provide the much needed bulk for the frailer Pokemon such as Mienfoo and Taillow. Giga Drain is a decent STAB that provides decent damage, while regaining some health it has lost. Seriously one of the Pokemon I think should be used more, but sadly it is sort of in the 'NU' of Little Cup. :(

Threats To This Team:

Red=Top Threat
Orange= Medium Threat
Yellow=Small Threat

Misdreavus is a threat to most teams, and it's Defensive set walls most of my team, or it can Nasty Plot to plow down my team as well.

Elekid, while somewhat uncommon, wrecks this team with ThunerPunch / Ice Punch / Cross Chop / Volt Switch.
Porygon is a very huge threat to this team, it has impeccable coverage and will destroy my team.

Growlithe with Close Combat / ES /Flare Blitz / Wild Charge really can threaten this team, I can stop it with Chinchou though.
Lileep walls my team to hell and back, but careful switches and Mienfoo predicts can secure I take it down.
DD Scraggy can sweep my team quickly, I really need to play around it.

Staryu isn't the hugest threat, but it can do a decent chunk to my team.

Closing Remarks:
I hope you have had a good time reading this! I certainly enjoyed writing it! Please, give your honest opinion, I am now stranger to harsh words :)

Importable For Testing:
Code:
[/CENTER]
Talon (Taillow) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Scalene (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 224 Spd / 228 SAtk / 56 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Gladiator (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Scooby (Archen) @ Eviolite
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 20 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd / 152 HP
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Aunt Hilda (Sandshrew) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Miley (Chikorita) @ Light Clay
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 236 SDef / 236 Def
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Giga Drain
Past Members:
Code:
None Yet!

Last edited:
Hi there!

I would like to point off a couple of stuff that your team might have problems with.

Misdreavus: Let’s say Mienfoo has brought down a mon. Misdreavus comes in, Nasty Plots on the switch in, and bam your entire team is dead. No.1 threat to this team imo, and must be fixed.

Sand Teams: Another problem, 4/6 of your team lacks evio bulk, so you are probably going to get swept by a well played Sandshrew or Drilbur. Lileep also walls your team to death ( Guts Brave Bird from Taillow has a very low chance to 2hko).

Set-up sweepers: Shell Smashers and DD Scraggy are really going to give some trouble to your team, outspeeding everything bar Chinchou (some smashers outspeed it anyway) after setting up and then sweeping.

Walls: Porygon in particular, only 2 mons can actually beat it which are Mienfoo and Sandshrew, so if both are down and it’s still alive it is gg.

Thus, I am suggesting Murkrow>Tailow to better deal with sand, Misdreavus, Porygon, and some set-up sweepers and Bulky Foo over Lo foo to deal with Tirtouga and Scraggy.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spd / 20 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 144 Def / 156 HP / 200 SDef
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Payback
- Knock Off

First rate, so I hope you like it

Hi there!

I would like to point off a couple of stuff that your team might have problems with.

Misdreavus: Let’s say Mienfoo has brought down a mon. Misdreavus comes in, Nasty Plots on the switch in, and bam your entire team is dead. No.1 threat to this team imo, and must be fixed.

Sand Teams: Another problem, 4/6 of your team lacks evio bulk, so you are probably going to get swept by a well played Sandshrew or Drilbur. Lileep also walls your team to death ( Guts Brave Bird from Taillow has a very low chance to 2hko).

Set-up sweepers: Shell Smashers and DD Scraggy are really going to give some trouble to your team, outspeeding everything bar Chinchou (some smashers outspeed it anyway) after setting up and then sweeping.

Walls: Porygon in particular, only 2 mons can actually beat it which are Mienfoo and Sandshrew, so if both are down and it’s still alive it is gg.

Thus, I am suggesting Murkrow>Tailow to better deal with sand, Misdreavus, Porygon, and some set-up sweepers and Bulky Foo over Lo foo to deal with Tirtouga and Scraggy.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spd / 20 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 144 Def / 156 HP / 200 SDef
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Payback
- Knock Off

First rate, so I hope you like it
I've been toying around more and have noticed these threats as well, forgot to update lol. But, the reason I want Mienfoo is for it to be Offensive, not Defensive. So I am a little iffy on that. I will for sure try out Murkrow though!

Ok, I've been yet to test Murkrow because of how busy I am, I will be testing it later on this afternoon. Any other changes I have to make?

my biggest problem with this team is that I feel like you're just using underdogs to use underdogs? really, Pokemon like Chikorita and Sandshrew are underdogs because Foongus, Shroomish, and Drilbur do it better. I suppose I could see Sandshrew even though I find SD Rapid Spin Sandshrew out of sand underwhelming compared to Drilbur. Chikorita really doesn't seem to do much for the team, though. cxinlee pointed out that a well played SD Drilbur really destroys this team, and it's true. I'd suggest Chikorita -> Shroomish, which is a solid check to Drilbur and provide Spore support. Dual Screen is kind of mediocre when you could just be using more Eviolites and not wasting a team slot on Chikorita. Aromatherapy also just doesn't really mesh well with Tailow when you crucially need Tailow to be burned and it's not.

Shroomish @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 36 SDef / 196 Atk / 196 HP / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Toxic / Stun Spore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)