Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people do this. Just because a pokemon counters another pokemon doesn't mean it's not good. Gastrodon completely walls kyorge, thus he's bad. This is why we build teams, to cover weaknesses.
Exactly what i wasn't doing. I was just stating its worst nightmare. I never said "It sucks now"

I'm mostly anticipating movepool changes and new Mevos. Those will be what shake up the metagame the most. I'd be surprised if Electivire/Magmortar don't get Mevos. I can't wait for the data miners to get a chance to do their stuff.

I'm mostly anticipating movepool changes and new Mevos. Those will be what shake up the metagame the most. I'd be surprised if Electivire/Magmortar don't get Mevos. I can't wait for the data miners to get a chance to do their stuff.
I was under the impression that data mining wasn't going to be a thing since the 3DS isn't yet hacked.

Before the thread closes I'd like to say - it's been awesome, I've been watching this thread for months and have been positively glued to it all week.

I think I've made up my mind to go with X but if the trading GTS is up on launch then I will be putting up loads of version exclusives to trade for their opposites.

Now what I'm looking forward to is the day we get Poke Bank active and find out that some older mons have been retyped as a surprise .

#GOTEAMCHESPIN!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Mega Tyranitar's design seems to suffer from the same problem as regular Tyranitar's (ref. android profile picture): Its legs make no sense.
Its knees either bend away from it at 45 degree angles (meaning that its feet don't bend parallell to its direction of walking), or it has no way to move its leg joint without twisting its hip back and forth. It's kinda bugging me.

Oh my GOD I don't come here to see arguments on copyrighting. Please. Stop. Not cool.

Potential uses for Aggron is awesome now! I'm always looking for a good Stealth Rock setter, so mind games by Head Smashing around for a bit before MEvolving seem like a fun thing. Not that it'll be any surprise really if you bring Aggron into OU that it's going to go Super Saiyan though, so less mind games... I'm anxious to see some stats for these two confirmed Megas. Will Mega Tyranitar be worth it over Choice Band or something? Or get some huge boosts defensively so it can come in again later to reactivate sand? If the rumor that holding the corresponding weather stone to increase auto-weather's duration from 5 to 10 turns is true, that in itself is a huge nerf to Mega Tar existing if the team really needs sand, or a boost to teams that would much rather do without but like TTar's support (ie, Scarf Keldeo sweeps don't like sand to make your cleaner revengable via priority).

Also, that official artwork of Mega Gengar is freaking terrifying. It looks like it's ready and anxious to seal you into battle and proceed to fuck your shit. Sideways.

Will they be able to? The 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, so can they still get the data of the game this way?

Otherwise we'll have to do it the traditional way, but that could mean that any POTENTIAL (and I stress again POTENTIAL) event legends could remain secret up until Nintendo releases them.

Info on the starters. Found this on 4chan so as usual take it with a grain of salt. Also, the ability named "Magic Coat" is obviously wrong and the leaker claims it's name should be something else.

Kalos Starer spoilers....Data Gathering is not FULLY complete
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
Blaze (Powers up Fire-type moves when low on health)
Magic Coat (takes half damage from special attacks)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja line

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
Torrent (Powers up Water-type moves when low on health)
Protean (Changes Pokemon's type to user's move)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
Overgrow (Powers up Grass-type moves when low on health)
Guardian (Its Defense is gradually boosted)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

Are the abilities aside from Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent the secondary abilities, or just hidden abilities?
I assume they're hidden.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon names are not copyrightable. Stats are not copyrightable. The game itself may be copyrighted, but 'leaking' information about it without copying its contents has nothing to do with copyright.
Actually they are. All Pokemon names are. The stats are not, sure, but the names and likenesses are. However that is irrelevant. You can use a copyrighted name, no problem. The thing is, likenesses specifically are intellectual property. By posting images without concent you violate intellectual property rights. Talk all you want, that is fine, but they have every legal right to shut down ANY images, pre OR post release.

Actually they are. All Pokemon names are. The stats are not, sure, but the names and likenesses are. However that is irrelevant. You can use a copyrighted name, no problem. The thing is, likenesses specifically are intellectual property. By posting images without concent you violate intellectual property rights. Talk all you want, that is fine, but they have every legal right to shut down ANY images, pre OR post release.
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ34.pdf

did no one see that greninja gets nasty plot, dark pulse, and hydro pump upon leveling up?

that's straight up disgusting
That is another Infernape. I am assuming that protean activates after an attack, be if it does before holy hell Greninja is going to be formidable.

Am I the o
That is another Infernape. I am assuming that protean activates after an attack, be if it does before holy hell Greninja is going to be formidable.
A little bird told me that it activates before the attack, nowhere near confirmed. The ability itself isn't even confirmed.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, fine. Names can't be copyrighted. Characters can (potentially). Though android might be right about it being trademarked instead. Either way the intellectual property part still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)