Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone has an idea why my 2 31 31 31 x 31 31 parents produce only kids with 4 max ivs they always seem to mis the 5th one while statiscly that should be like 50/50

TheMantyke said:
Everstone- This is actually a change that’s been in effect for a while now, but a few of us might have been disconnected with traditional breeding for so long to not have heard of this. The Everstone now ALWAYS passes down the nature of the parent holding it. No longer will your perfect breeds be spoiled by a wrong nature. Additionally, if you haven’t bred since DPP, male Pokemon can pass down natures with the Everstone as well.
This does not seem to be true. Male Octillery of random nature holding Destiny Knot + Female Adamant Dratini holding Everstone produced Calm baby.

This does not seem to be true. Male Octillery of random nature holding Destiny Knot + Female Adamant Dratini holding Everstone produced Calm baby.
Double check your parents and that at some point the Everstone wasn't removed from the equation. I and others have bred countless Pokemon with the nature always passing down for the Everstone parent.

So far I've gotten more than 20 Adamant and 1 Calm with the same set of parents. Either I did something wrong, or there is a small chance for the Everstone not to work.

I know that this won't matter until you can box pokemon in from 5th gen, but can you breed move tutor moves onto babies? For example, if I had a Blaziken in Black 2 that learned Thunderpunch via move tutor, could that move be bred down to a new Torchic?

I know that this won't matter until you can box pokemon in from 5th gen, but can you breed move tutor moves onto babies? For example, if I had a Blaziken in Black 2 that learned Thunderpunch via move tutor, could that move be bred down to a new Torchic?
we dont know things like that need to be tested but we cant test it till they are here:)

So far I've gotten more than 20 Adamant and 1 Calm with the same set of parents. Either I did something wrong, or there is a small chance for the Everstone not to work.
This is almost certainly an error on your part. I have not heard a single second report of something like this happening, nor have I encountered it in the 300+ eggs I have bred with the Everstone.

You can't. People have tested using previous tutor attacks as egg moves already and if they weren't an egg move already, they haven't passed down.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
anyone has an idea why my 2 31 31 31 x 31 31 parents produce only kids with 4 max ivs they always seem to mis the 5th one while statiscly that should be like 50/50
Wrong. Statistically its roughly a 1 in 6 chance to get a 5x 31 baby if both parents have the desired IVs. 1/6 chance to get the desired IV inheritance, 5/6 chance to NOT get the desired spread multiplied by 1/32 for it to be 31 IV anyway, sums up to 226/1152, or 19.6%

still the chance for me is like 5% at most also its strange that the babbies have different abilitys but the good ones always have exactly the same

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
still the chance for me is like 5% at most also its strange that the babbies have different abilitys but the good ones always have exactly the same
You didn't mention ability, just IVs. Multiply 226/1152 by the % chance of getting the desired ability and you get a significantly lower number. (IIRC its 60% chance to inherit the female's ability).

lol I was talking about the ivs but then I thought about ability as well so I asked that too. but still the chance of me getting 5 max ivs is at most 5% for me.

I just thought it was strange that all the pokes who have 5 ivs get the same ability instead of the other one

Is there a way for babies to have the hidden ability or does one of the parents need to have the hidden ability first? Also, I heard Pokes in the Friend Safari have hidden abilities but I haven't really found any I think. Help?

The parent MUST have a hidden ability for the child to have it (And as an added rule, if the male has the hidden ability and the mother isn't Ditto, then the child will not have the hidden ability). As far as hidden abilities in the FS go, I know there's something that needs to be done before they show up but I don't recall the specifics. Something like "Both of you need to be online and post-E4 at some point before they unlock"

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
anyone has anny idea hows it possible that so little pokes have the right ivs?
Because mathematically getting the right inheritance isn't as high as you think it is. At best getting a perfect 31/31/31/*/31/31 child is an 19.6% chance. If you want 6x 31 IVs its at best a 1/32 chance. Thats not even counting ability chances, nature chances (if you're not using an Everstone), or if you want a specific gender.

Because mathematically getting the right inheritance isn't as high as you think it is. At best getting a perfect 31/31/31/*/31/31 child is an 19.6% chance. If you want 6x 31 IVs its at best a 1/32 chance. Thats not even counting ability chances, nature chances (if you're not using an Everstone), or if you want a specific gender.
still thats about 20% but my percentage is about 5% at best and thats not counting other things because 100% of them turn out female with the lesser ability but thats ok i gues still the ivs happen so little its realy annyoing me the nature's always right due to the everstone and the other one has the destiny knot

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been getting conflicting information, so might as well ask here to settle it once and for all:

Are we absolutely sure that using Destiny Knot will pass IVs down without possibility of duplicates? IE, if the male parent passes down HP, the next IV cannot be HP from the female parent or even HP from the male parent again.

Previous generations could have duplicates, so it seems worth asking the question for this one too.

This guide has been really informative, great job! I managed to make a 5 - 31 IV Mawile last night, through a bit of guess work and trial and error, probably took longer than it needed too as well, good to have this for reference!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Are we absolutely sure that using Destiny Knot will pass IVs down without possibility of duplicates? IE, if the male parent passes down HP, the next IV cannot be HP from the female parent or even HP from the male parent again.

Previous generations could have duplicates, so it seems worth asking the question for this one too.
Generation IV and V did not have duplicates. Its also been shown that Destiny Knot does not invoke duplicates either.

If it were possible to pass down duplicates, then it would be common to get 3 perfect IVs from a set of matching 5 perfect IV parents. For example, I am currently breeding two 31/31/31/x/31/31 parents, and if Destiny Knot could give duplicate IVs then I would see 3 perfect IV parents.

I'm on something like 100 eggs from such matching parents, and no, 3 perfect IV children do not show up; only 4 perfect IV and 5 perfect IV children (Plus one lucky 6 perfect IV incident). Destiny Knot for sure (And likely 6th gen in general but that's more difficult to test) does not allow duplicate IVs to be passed down.

Found this on /vp/:
[pic]
I found it very nicely laid out and simple to read. This really goes deep into breeding, then what to do with your baby.
I found one part in that pic that I'm confused by. Taking about Power Items and Destiny Knot:

"Note that you can only use either of the item categories, and power items takes priority over Destiny Knot resulting in Destiny Knot being disabled"

Doesn't that imply that using Power item and Destiny knot will never be better than using Everstone over power item?
That contradics the OP, so have anyone tried it and can confirm/reject it?

Last edited:
I found one part in that pic that I'm confused by. Taking about Power Items and Destiny Knot:

"Note that you can only use either of the item categories, and power items takes priority over Destiny Knot resulting in Destiny Knot being disabled"

Doesn't that imply that using Power item and Destiny knot will never be better than using Everstone over power item?
That contradics the OP, so have anyone tried it and can confirme/reject it?
I haven't done anything too extensive, but breeding earlier today resulted in a 31/31/x/31/31/x Abra from a 31/31/x/31/31/x parent holding Power Lens and a 31/x/x/x/x/x parent with Destiny Knot; not enough to really confirm/deny it but I'd lean towards saying that Destiny Knot still works even with Power Items (It just forces 4 random IVs and one fixed IV, rather than 5 random IVs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)