Terraria

personally i only like playing with other people if we're on skype, but if you want to play terraria with me and have skype, lmk and im always up for it. only have the hell armor atm tho, all my old shit is on a dif comp

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going for the ankh charm too. Down to 1 item - Vitamins. The Armor Polish was insane to get. Protip: If you see a paladin, just run.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't get fancy at first. Find an uncorrupted area and mine as much as you can. I'd put your cash in a chest first too. :)

PSA: BUILD A GLOWING MUSHROOM FARM

YOU WILL THANK ME LATER ONCE YOU ENTER HARDMODE

PS: the drax is purely a carryover from my previous playthrough and i only use it while renovating and customizing my base to save time

everything else is legitimate and i don't intend to use the drax to mine ores i shouldn't be able to mine yet

there has been a depressing lack of activity in this thread lately

so i suggest we all post pictures of our base(s)

HERE'S MINE

Just played 3 hours worth in softcore mode, good game this is indeed. I have the basic concept down it has been fun so far. Im gonna look into making a server so we can maybe get like a mumble chat going with it or something, great game!

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The spectre armor is my new favorite I think. That armor + the Magnet Sphere means you simply cannot die unless there are about 100 enemies on the screen. I'd recommend getting that set second (tiki armor first) once you've got Hallowed armor. A full tiki set is capable of getting you through the hardmode dungeon or jungle much better than Hallowed if you don't stand around waiting to die. You'll need at least Hallowed to beat Plantera though.

Also yeah I'm down to play with anyone if we want to get a game going.

There is no Lihzahrd altar in my Jungle temple which means I have to create a new world, get it into hardmode, beat Plantera again, then find the dungeon and pray that it has an altar if I want to beat the Golem. >.>

down low in my base

wtf is this?

my entire base/home, and some ores and whatnot that I have.

Im 6 hours in, had the game for 1 day and 2 nights, what should I be doing right now in this game? Im on softcore btw haha.

coolbiz what sword are you using? it looks like a nightmare broadsword but that's not possible if you're in a crimson world

that thing in the second picture is a crimson altar which can be used as a crafting station to create certain items that are used to summon bosses

it is also breakable once you hit hardmode but you won't have to worry about that for a long time

right now you should focus on getting better armor - looks like you've got a miner's helmet and either a bronze or a wooden platemail at the moment so i would recommend exploring some caves for better ore or for the loot inside treasure chests

stay close to your base and go caving - if you hit the crimson or the jungle then turn around because you're probably too weak to handle either of those biomes. desert should be fine, though, and you can actually make cactus armor if you want

In Vietnam at moment so won't be playing for a while :> last time I played I manage to make some really cool butterfly wings ( after a couple of mins searching for the moth in jungle ) AS well as my very own na'vi ;> I look wack - ominous pink skull mask with butterfly wings and fairy companion

coolbiz what sword are you using? it looks like a nightmare broadsword but that's not possible if you're in a crimson world

that thing in the second picture is a crimson altar which can be used as a crafting station to create certain items that are used to summon bosses

it is also breakable once you hit hardmode but you won't have to worry about that for a long time

right now you should focus on getting better armor - looks like you've got a miner's helmet and either a bronze or a wooden platemail at the moment so i would recommend exploring some caves for better ore or for the loot inside treasure chests

stay close to your base and go caving - if you hit the crimson or the jungle then turn around because you're probably too weak to handle either of those biomes. desert should be fine, though, and you can actually make cactus armor if you want
Lead broadsword, thanks for the advice, that is indeed a miners helmet with wooden chestplate. My merchant sells glowsticks for super cheap and that helmet was only 5 gold. For some reason my merchant stopped selling glowsticks, anyway to make him sell them again?

Toast++

Didn't notice more activity here...

I know everyone is preoccupied with XY atm, but this is 75% off through tomorrow, I think.

Do it.

1.2.1 patch (AKA halloween patch) is here

there are three notable changes:

1. introduction of pumpkins - will appear in any grass biome but you may need to mow your lawn first and cut down some trees to make room for the pumpkins to grow. there's a set of beginner pumpkin armor as well as some furniture / blocks made out of pumpkin
2. new raid boss summoned by a pumpkin medallion (crafted from pumpkins / ectoplasm / hallowed bars) which, when activated at night, sends wave after wave of enemies that occasionally drop very good items. the mobs start out at around 400 HP but soon you're taking on floating poltergeists with 2000 HP while trying to kill the 12k HP mourning wood that's raining down hell on you from halfway across the map. HIGHLY recommend you play in multiplayer, as it's not only more fun, but also allows the entire group to progress through more waves
3. hardmode keys are now craftable. they require a jungle key (dropped from plantera) as well as 5 of each of the souls that drop from the hardmode mechanical bosses. each key also requires a key mold, which is a rare drop from the monsters in the corresponding biome, although presumably the key molds drop much more frequently than the keys did pre 1.2.1

The new update is awesome! I have a question though, I have full Crimtane armor with a Blade of Grass Sword and minishark gun along with the emerald staff I occasionally use(also a diamond staff I need to alter with the tinkerer because its annoying status whereas the emerald is intense making it much stronger and use less mana). Am I ready for hardmode? I still need to fight the skeletron before I go into hardmode though. After I kill skeletron and go get all the loots and stuff am I ready to go to hardmode?

The new update is awesome! I have a question though, I have full Crimtane armor with a Blade of Grass Sword and minishark gun along with the emerald staff I occasionally use(also a diamond staff I need to alter with the tinkerer because its annoying status whereas the emerald is intense making it much stronger and use less mana). Am I ready for hardmode? I still need to fight the skeletron before I go into hardmode though. After I kill skeletron and go get all the loots and stuff am I ready to go to hardmode?
yeah go kill skeletron and loot as many golden chests as possible and also use your pickaxe to steal the books off the shelves

books are necessary to make the bookcase which is essential for crafting hardmode spells out of tomes but more importantly, you have a small chance of getting the water bolt spell every time you take a book

the water bolt absolutely rips through the WoF and is one of the best pre-hardmode spells (and is excellent against large mobs even in hardmode)

the dungeon will also contain the muramasa which is considered a step up from the blade of grass. if you're going with a melee build then once you get the muramasa / blade of grass it's fairly simple to craft the night's edge, which is the best pre-hardmode sword

BUT honestly if you've got the minishark you should be able to beat skeletron fairly easily and the wall of flesh, assuming you've got some form of grappling hook

WoF is difficult if you're not used to traversing the underworld but you can also construct a flat stretch of an arena beforehand

if you want a really easy time then just get the water bolt but it's easily doable with the minishark and full crimtane

yeah go kill skeletron and loot as many golden chests as possible and also use your pickaxe to steal the books off the shelves

books are necessary to make the bookcase which is essential for crafting hardmode spells out of tomes but more importantly, you have a small chance of getting the water bolt spell every time you take a book

the water bolt absolutely rips through the WoF and is one of the best pre-hardmode spells (and is excellent against large mobs even in hardmode)

the dungeon will also contain the muramasa which is considered a step up from the blade of grass. if you're going with a melee build then once you get the muramasa / blade of grass it's fairly simple to craft the night's edge, which is the best pre-hardmode sword

BUT honestly if you've got the minishark you should be able to beat skeletron fairly easily and the wall of flesh, assuming you've got some form of grappling hook

WoF is difficult if you're not used to traversing the underworld but you can also construct a flat stretch of an arena beforehand

if you want a really easy time then just get the water bolt but it's easily doable with the minishark and full crimtane
Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I entered hard mode 2 days ago, and the game is like 10000000x better now. I have full ice armor, godly mushroom spear for main weapon, along with megashark, ruthless cutlass for back up and poison staff for boss fights mainly. I was lucky enough to get a rod of discord and I use that regularly. I made a money farm with 2 goldfish statues, 2 jellyfish trophies and 1 piranha statue set on a 1 second timer, this thing works wonders, gets me to 50 gold in about 5 minutes, maybe even less time than that, I recommend making a farm if you haven't yet. Anyone interested in getting a server started for this with a mumble chat or something let me know, Ill be glad to join or even start it up!

after like 10 goddamn pumpkin medallions i finally managed to get a bat scepter, raven staff, and a drop for one of the top-tier wings

just need the horseman's blade now but it shouldn't be too bad with the bat scepter

after like 10 goddamn pumpkin medallions i finally managed to get a bat scepter, raven staff, and a drop for one of the top-tier wings

just need the horseman's blade now but it shouldn't be too bad with the bat scepter
Im still trying to kill plantera :/
I have a uzi and I plan on using all of the chlorophyte bars I have to use those for bullets, turtle armor+iron skin+pumpkin pie+moon charm=crazy high defense, yet I still cant kill it and I die. *sad face*

Toast++

Indeed I did. Haven't had much chance to play because of work though. First impressions are that it's still very much beta but could have potential.

Toast++

It's been described as 2D minecraft in a lot of places. But the difference is a bit more than that since exploration is rewarding, there are diverse monsters, equipment, bosses, dungeons, etc.

Personally, I'm not a fan of minecraft. I've tried over and over and I always get bored of it within an hour. This is pretty different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)