Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safety Goggles is supposed to block the effects of all Powder moves, but whenever I use a Pokemon wearing Safety Goggles on Showdown, Amoonguss keeps on redirecting its attacks with Rage Powder, which shouldn't happen.

On the note about Safety Goggles, you guys need to add a message saying why powder move doesn't have effect on said pokemon with goggles. Every person I've fought just ends up confused on why spore didn't work on Crustle and I have to explain it to them (the game explains it).

Near late game, I outsped a Mega Gardevoir with Chllorophyll Venusaur even though sun wasn't out. Wish I saved the replay so unfortunately I can't prove it atm. Someone else will probably bring it up with proof. Might have to do with the beginning of the match starting off with Venusaur and Drought Ninetales.

Near late game, I outsped a Mega Gardevoir with Chllorophyll Venusaur even though sun wasn't out. Wish I saved the replay so unfortunately I can't prove it atm. Someone else will probably bring it up with proof. Might have to do with the beginning of the match starting off with Venusaur and Drought Ninetales.
there are a couple of possibilities:
garde wasn't running max speed
garde mevolved that turn, which would result in a speed tie with venusaur as speed changes to not take effect until the turn after mega evolution

Oh, that might be possible since he was megaevolving that same turn. The guy did say he was running max speed and I had none on my Modest Venusaur (can't really prove this now though :x). Could go either way though so I'll just dismiss that then.

PS team builder is acting on its own will over the recent days for me and some other guys that i know, pokemon spreads just change mysteriously, mysterious Evs zeroing in a particular stat is the most common, i wish i had some evidence about that, but i am sure many of you noticed that over the recent days.

Hi, I play at school, and rather often other kids will log onto showdown and troll the chatrooms, resulting in a lock. Due to the fact that we share a common IP address, myself and my law-abiding friends are also locked. However, when I try and message an admin, I am rather disappointed to be met with the message "You can only private message members of the moderation team (users marked by %, @, &, or ~) when locked." Any idea why this might happen? Thanks

Backing up the claims on Heal Pulse not working properly on Mega Launcher Pokemon:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-6759394

I noticed I was getting a lot of HP back in some of my ladder matches, so I set up a mock battle. It looks like I was taking advantage of a glitch. Heal Pulse should restore a target Mega Launcher Pokemon's HP by 50% only. I've used Heal Pulsed my Mega Blastoise many times on my cartridge and it only restores 50% of my HP.

Last edited:
So I just got this bug in which I tried to switch out my Jirachi against a Magnezone (just in case it wasn't Magnet Pull) and was then unable to do anything whatsoever and had to watch the timer slowly count down to my defeat. This isn't the first time it's happened and I have an image saved of it happening previously in a different situation with Shadow Tag. Here's the screencaps of what happened:

THAT FUCKING BUG AGAIN.png

And this is the last time it happened to me, back in Gen 5 STABmons:

showdown bug.png

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-68080240

Turn 1: Amoonguss Rage Powders, gets Taunted by opposing Sableye. Opposing Dragonite uses Sky Drop on Mega Gengar.

The only way Dragonite could have avoided Rage Powder redirection, since it is not part-Grass, is to be wearing Safety Goggles. Dragonite cannot outspeed max Speed Gengar without Choice Scarf. For some reason, Gengar's turn was just completely skipped.

Dragonite was probably Scarfed, it Struggled on Turn 6 after I Disabled Sky Drop, and just happened to be EVed such that it Speed tied with Gengar. I am guessing Taunt managed to turn off Rage Powder's effect for the turn, which shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
I know I have reported this bug, but still, its quite annoying

how can a prankster banette get outspeed when using a status move?!

I hope this is the right place to post this. I wasn't sure whether my problem qualified as a bug or a technical issue. Anways, the problem I had was some lag or at least I think it was. I was in a match and I thought the other player wasn't playing so I repeatedly hit "Start Timer" but nothing happened.The last move I used was Quick Attack. It was my Flareon up against I think a Phione and that was it. Nothing happened after that. It said "Waiting For Opponent". After over a minute of waiting for the other player to use a move or switch out, it tells me I lost due to inactivity. But I don't understand how that happened. I certainly wasn't inactive at all. My turn had already ended.

So why did it say I lost due to inactivity if the other player was the one who wasn't playing? Was it lag that would have caused me to lose the match or was this some sort of bug? I know that it's just a game but I'd still like to know how I can lose to due to inactivity if the other player was the one who was inactive. Does this make sense to anyone?

Bug found regarding sticky web, it still affects pokemon despite clear body, to my knowledge and knowledge of others, this should not be the case.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tbh, Im not even sure what happened since the error only came up on his side and he posted it so I can see it. It was a gen 5 ou match btw.

heres the error

【ŠN】McCartney: Celebi, come back!
【ŠN】McCartney: Error parsing: switch|p1a: Heatran|Heatran, F|45/323
【ŠN】McCartney: TypeError: Cannot call method 'animate' of null
【ŠN】McCartney: at switchOut (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?07168824:2056:24)
【ŠN】McCartney: Pointed stones dug into Heatran!
Typhlito: lol

can send you the match if you need it

In "Pokebank" where theoretically you can transfer Pokemon from previous gens, it is illegal in PokeBank to have Flame Body Heatran. Clearly, this is a contridiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)