Pokémon Gardevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should add a list to the OP of optimum Trace switch ins for Garde, with the top ones that benefit her even after Megavolving, and ones that benefit more without.

Heatran: Trace Flash Fire and boosts HP Fire to 90 BP if you choose to run it.

Gyarados, Landorus-T, etc.: Trace Intimidate granting a smoother transition and often prompting a switch allowing for a Sub, WoW, Thunder Wave or Calm Mind.

Klefki, Sableye, etc: Prankster. OMG you can have some good fun with this one, especially since Gardevoir is naturally faster than many pranksters outside Thundurus. This allows you to EV in bulk while throwing out priority Thunder Waves, Substitutes and Wishes and be a real pest. Plus, priority Destiny Bond!

Clefable, Alakazam, Reuniclus: Magic Guard will make all passive damage null. Needless to say this is fantastic for a stall/status set.

Clefable, Quagsire: Unaware lets you safely boost in front of either of these and you should have an easier time taking care of Cosmic Power Clefable, and then you can Megavolve afterwards with your boosts in tact.

Mamoswine, Venusaur: Thick Fat adds some extra resistances for better stalling.

Goodra: Sap Sipper provides great immunity to powders and Leech Seed.

I could go on and better in depth.

I like tracing natural cure when gard switches in at the same time as blissey, it's an almost free wish pass if blissey uses toxic.

Why all the moonblasts on megagardevoir sets? Since your only option is pixilate, you may as well use hyper voice as it is stronger and can go through subs.

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 336-396 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 272-324 (79.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 302-356 (82.9 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 246-290 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

These are just a couple critical OHKO chances that moonblast misses out on.

I just read a few of the pages and saw lots of moonblasts on the recent ones so I figured no one has made this point yet. If it is already clear and those people just haven't changed their sets yet then sorry for over killing the subject.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why all the moonblasts on megagardevoir sets? Since your only option is pixilate, you may as well use hyper voice as it is stronger and can go through subs.

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 336-396 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 272-324 (79.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 302-356 (82.9 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 246-290 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

These are just a couple critical OHKO chances that moonblast misses out on.

I just read a few of the pages and saw lots of moonblasts on the recent ones so I figured no one has made this point yet. If it is already clear and those people just haven't changed their sets yet then sorry for over killing the subject.
Because Hyper Voice isn't available until Pokebank comes out.

I'm looking quite forward to Pokebank's release so I can start using Mega-Gardevoir (I've been waiting quite patiently, as I want to be on terms with what's going on rather than just jumping forward into the already made tier) with Hyper Voice. Substitute in my face now, ye mongrels!

That aside, I find Pixilate highly disappointing. It's pointless without a Normal-type move and when you have one, it's devastating. It's almost like Double Edge without Rock Head. It's either, use it with and be rewarded, or use it without and be severely punished.

Also, it's very limited, and it seems only M-Gardevoir and Sylveon can take advantage of it (or are they the only ones who have it?).

Because Hyper Voice isn't available until Pokebank comes out.
Oh duh.
Think it's only those two.

I seriously wish they gave boomburst to her.
Yes that would be awesome!

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dragon: 452-534 (101.8 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 494-584 (98 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Lol wow. I guess it's viable in balancedhackmons.
For ou though, moonblast will have to do until pokebank.

Oh duh.

Yes that would be awesome!

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dragon: 452-534 (101.8 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 494-584 (98 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Lol wow. I guess it's viable in balancedhackmons.
For ou though, moonblast will have to do until pokebank.
I know now what is true terror at the hands of beauty.

4 MSS? mhy? fairy + ghost has perfect coverage you don't have to use psychic.. what it hits? poison types? hyper voice have 175 BP when neutral just a bit weaker than SE 90 BP moves.
if there is a move that will help sweeping better than psychic then use it I don't see any reason why she has a 4MSS..
Fighting type and Poison type. Besides, it is not necessary that you run Psychic since I myself always run Psyshock. It works better in most of the cases. And you can destroy Blissey/Chansey with that. As I said, if you want more coverages, you can forgo CM and go with raw power or try baton passing. I'm not a fan of letting one of your 2 STABs go. 50% boost is really powerful.

Until Bank is released and HyperVoice Goddess of Power is legit i actually enjoy running non-mega CM Gardevior still. Its new typing gives it a seriously jump in tiers overall and still has a great movepool overall that you can do many things with whether they be offense, defense, or support

I have been running

Psyshock
hyper voice
thunder wave
encore

modest 252 hp 252 sp.att

OHKO whatever you can and if they bring in a wall, thunder wave it then encore it if applicable or switch out/attack it. Gives a nice balance of damage and support to any balanced team. Trace is also very useful if utilized properly.

So outside of Heatran and a couple ghost types Gardevoir has no business facing (Gengar, Chandelure, Aegislash), wouldn't Shadowball be not a very good move for Gardevoir?

Pixilate Hyper Voice does ridiculous damage, even resisted Hyper Voice will do more damage than Shadow Ball (which doesn't get STAB.)

no one uses steel psychics anymore due to the big nerf they took in gaining 2 new weaknesses just as FYI. shadow ball isn't very useful. Psychic/fairy is great coverage on everything that isn't heatran. who walls pretty much all fairies that don't carry HP ground or something weird.

no one uses steel psychics anymore due to the big nerf they took in gaining 2 new weaknesses just as FYI. shadow ball isn't very useful. Psychic/fairy is great coverage on everything that isn't heatran. who walls pretty much all fairies that don't carry HP ground or something weird.
Agreed highly. For example if you are running a CM+3attacks set then dual STAB cover most of everything you'd face so your coverage should be either T-bolt, FocusBlast, or Energyball (Shadowball and SignalBeam wouldve help much evern with type mechanic changes)

It's useful in hitting other steels too.

Like a certain, very common steel/ghost. Who also conveniently is otherwise very dangerous to Gardevoir's health.

Last edited:
It's useful in hitting other steels too.

Like a certain, very common steel/ghost. Who also conveniently is otherwise very dangerous to Gardevoir's health.
Eh...I'd rather be hitting aegislash with WoW on the switch. Shadow sneak is going to hurt bad if not OHKO, While shield forme should survive the nonSTAB shadow ball. I'd have to double check calcs though...

Shadow Sneak does not OHKO 0/0 Gardevoir, that much I can tell and Garde does OHKO the Sword forme back with Shadow Ball. However, Shadow Sneak DOES hurt a lot (80% if I recall correctly), so Garde must be at high health.

But hitting with WoW on the switch and then with Shadow Ball will KO as well, but offensive Garde prefers WoW's moveslot for something else.

Shadow Sneak does not OHKO 0/0 Gardevoir, that much I can tell and Garde does OHKO the Sword forme back with Shadow Ball. However, Shadow Sneak DOES hurt a lot (80% if I recall correctly), so Garde must be at high health.

But hitting with WoW on the switch and then with Shadow Ball will KO as well, but offensive Garde prefers WoW's moveslot for something else.
Unless you are a running a support set there should be no reason to keep Garde in when Aegis is around. Shadowball would then also be only used on a set for once pokemon in the entire metagame while its other coverage moves are better.

Unless you are a running a support set there should be no reason to keep Garde in when Aegis is around. Shadowball would then also be only used on a set for once pokemon in the entire metagame while its other coverage moves are better.
Seeing as Aegislash is quite literally everywhere, it's usable for that alone.
In addition, if you're running a set up sweeper with CM, you do NOT want to switchout if you can help it. Ghost with fighting also grants perfect coverage, so there's that as well.

There's also opposing psychics in general, and other ghosts. Since no pokemon actually "resists" ghost apart from dark and one immunity in normals (which fairy and fighting both take care of, respectively), it gives a pretty good 3 attack + CM option, with moonblast being the stab, of course. This does mean you have trouble with some bulkier poison types (which, for the most part, generally don't switch into Gardevoir anyways).

I'm not saying it's the best move, but that it still has enough uses to merit usage. One may argue that Hidden Power Grass was horrible for RotomW back in gen 5 since you're essentially running it only to kill Gastrodon, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, as it basically surprise kills one of RotomW's larger counters.

I've brought up before, but I really want to talk about mixed Mega Gardevoir. I'll write it up tomorrow, I'm falling asleep young thus

I've brought up before, but I really want to talk about mixed Mega Gardevoir. I'll write it up tomorrow, I'm falling asleep young thus
I think we'll be willing to talk about it if you can find something relevant that's hit harder by Gardevoir's physical moves than Gardevoir's special moves, INCLUDING Psyshock. There really is no comparison between Gardevoir's base 85 Attack and base 165 Special Attack - there really is no reason to use that lower stat.

Here, look, it can make it through the pink blobs a whole lot easier, for instance, let's set the playing field to 0/0+ on both sides:
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 616-726 (94.6 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 561-661 (86.1 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Chansey: 501-589 (78.1 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Chansey: 456-537 (71.1 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Then, let's set the blobs to full:
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 265-313 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 243-286 (34 - 40%) -- 33.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 195-229 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 195-229 (27.6 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 178-210 (25.2 - 29.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Then, let's invest Gardevoir:
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 279-328 (39.6 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 228-268 (32.3 - 38%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 381-448 (53.3 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 312-367 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just fyi, at 252-, Gardevoir does the exact same damage with Double-Edge as Psyshock does at 252+. I'm not saying Double-Edge is great, but it has the merit of being more reliable against blobs. But really, you shouldn't be keeping it in on them anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)