Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to use the Spinda/Magikarp/Sunkern/Delibird/Farfetch'd/Unown team to see what I could find on the very bottom of the ladder:
View attachment 10651
View attachment 10652
View attachment 10653
View attachment 10654
(Asuna is a Sylveon)
View attachment 10656
View attachment 10657
View attachment 10658
View attachment 10659
(Attempted third layer)
I then tried out the team Albacore posted:
Unown @ Poison Barb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Poison]

Klink @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Minus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Shift Gear
- Autotomize
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Aurorus @ Magnet
Ability: Refrigirate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Curse

Medicham (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Recover
- Endure
- Shadow Ball

Bergmite @ Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Fang
- Sharpen
- Sleep Talk
I managed to find a few things:

View attachment 10660
View attachment 10663
View attachment 10664
View attachment 10665
Flame Body Chandy is for trace users.

I decided to use the Spinda/Magikarp/Sunkern/Delibird/Farfetch'd/Unown team to see what I could find on the very bottom of the ladder:
View attachment 10654
(Asuna is a Sylveon)
For beginners trying to ladder, I'd let this go. Not many people remember about Pixilate Hyper Voice especially those that don't go to sites like this one that deal with strategy. I would have just reminded him about that in hopes that he changes it during the next time. At least it's not Dazzling Gleam though. (Plus he could have been using Cute Charm, which is the superior option if you aren't running Pixilate Hyper Voice or trying to nuke with a Pixlitate Hyper Beam. Though that's more relevant to cartridge teams where Hyper Voice is annoying to get with a good IV'd Eevee...)

Now, mentioning cartridge battles... I routinely battle a friend of mine who really doesn't care for competitive battling. Most of the time I can seemingly justify her choices but a few others I don't know... I'm going to list the few that I know are not because she's using her in game team (Like her Samurott she transferred over that she sometimes uses with Surf, Waterfall, and Hydro Cannon and her Fly Charizard-X she used in her first battle with me)

- Aerial Ace Deoxys-N (I can be fine with Deoxys-N if she didn't know where the stones are, but Aerial Ace? She also attacked me with Dark Pulse and Psycho Boost (but that missed))
- Physical Keldeo (I only saw it having Sacred Sword and Stone Edge (which actually hit). I wanted to tell her about Secret Sword but she had to leave soon after the battle)
- Surf/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Judgement Arceus-Fairy (Since I only want to criticize her strategies as a casual battler, my only complaint with her moveset is with Dragon Claw...it really doesn't hit much extra than her other attacks do.)
- Ancient Power Kyurem-Regular (Looking at when it learns it, she had to use a Heart Scale for it. Its other moves are Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, and Draco Meteor. On the other hand, thanks to Hax, she got two stat boosts in a row in one fight with me allowing her to sweep most of my team until toxic took care of it. I would have probably used either Hyper Voice, Focus Blast, or, since we're in a metagame with Fairies now, Flash Cannon)
- Something that isn't particularly moveset fault, but she keeps asking for a battle without having autolevel on...and she is clearly still in the process of leveling up the Mew I gave her. It's only level 49, but the rest of her Pokemon (and most of mine) are level 100.

I don't want to fault her too much since her comments about EVing (a particular hate for them) suggests she's doing it for fun which I totally respect. However, these are just some egregious errors I've seen that even general ideas of coverage and looking at her Pokemon's stats would cause her to do something different.

On the other hand, her Arceus can ONLY be taken down by my Politoed (the Gen V defensive set) I've been using on my haphazardly thrown together all-shiny team (using shinies I gathered in trades during Gen IV and V). Arceus is fast enough that it can typically one-shot everything else I have aside from Rotom (which is usually 2HKO'd, but can't KO it back in time not even with a lucky crit). Of course that's partly due to the fact that I have Hydreigon and Garchomp in the same fight (and to make matters worse, they're both physical attackers because the shiny Hydreigon was built for physical attacking but the power difference is very noticiable). I know I'm complaining about ubers when I have a team without any, but I figured this is the most interesting way to battle her.

First time posting on the forums(hi, hello) and while laddering up on showdown, I found an assist team. Not as stupid as it is silly and gimmicky. The only move it could call was V-Create, and at the time of this battle(like 10 minutes ago) I apparently had no clue how assist worked(which explains what I said midway). Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99080474

And no, I'm not the best battler, so I do make a few misplays(lol switching in amoonguss to victini)

The opposing Bisharp used Focus Blast!
The opposing Dragonite used Dragon Rush!

Both were against my Skarmory. Not sure how to respond to this.

The opposing Bisharp used Focus Blast!
The opposing Dragonite used Dragon Rush!

Both were against my Skarmory. Not sure how to respond to this.
]
252+ SpA Choice Specs Bisharp Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Bisharp Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 352-416 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Skarmory: 172-204 (51.4 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Bisharp Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Dark pulse actually does more

Last edited:
Even though this has to deal with OU and such. But, I had to post this. I mean, you think that OU has speechless things. Try Ubers for instance:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97888458 <- Calm Mind Lugia with Aeroblast which is fine, cause I used to run that.
Bulk Up Groudon. This literally broke my mind here. Unless if it's common or not, then that's not the case. And Iron Head Ho-Oh. So embarrassing to lose to that.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97905247 <- Pretty sure that I clicked Ubers.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97906941 <- You know you're a badass when your up a match using a UU team with Muk and stockpile.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97909512 <- Lel. No Kyogre, Occa Berry Ferrothorn (in which case isn't that bad in a way), and the rest. Was. Just laughable.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97947193 <- Smergle and Cottonee at Lv. 1 and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)