Not open for further replies.

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Tournament name: Home Field Advantage III
Host: Dubby
Project priority: Normal
Format:
XY OU, Ubers, UU
Tournament Rules: The tournament runs in a season-based format, with groups and weekly opponents. The "home" player of the matchup chooses the tier to be played.
Art Direction: Something similar to the Pokemon Stadium in SSBM or SSBB would be nice, but I'll accept almost anything really.
It has been almost 4 months since I have really had time do anything design related. School has been keeping me hostage. Turned out more simplistic then I wanted it to. :( I think the idea gets across.
Homefieldadvamtage.png

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: XY ubers tour
Host: Haruno
Format:
XY Ubers
Tournament Rules: Standard bo3, single elimination tournament with standard uber rules and clauses
Art Direction: Something that represents the ubers tier would be best. More specifically if possible xerneas with some representation of power herb somewhere and anything else will be up to the artist. I'll accept almost anything really and thanks for your time.

Edit: I just realized I didn't quote the original post. I also didn't realize that people already did artwork for it, but it's just not listed in the OP /facepalm

Tournament name: The 3-Mon Tournament III
Host: Ruppy
Format:
XY OU
Tournament Rules: Best of Three, 3v3 Singles
Art Direction: It's kind of obvious that 3 is the magic number here. Basically, I'm thinking there should be three of everything (except the tourney title, unless you can make something work that way) for whatever you use. I was thinking of something using three interlocked triangles (or a Triforce if you want and it's allowed) with three Pokémon coming out of the center of it together. I'm not picky on what Pokés you choose, though if it helps try thinking of three XY OU Pokémon that together form an effective team core.
3 Mon tournament :) Feel free to redo the typography if you'd like, I'm not super good at it or anything.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, but I'm not sure if editing my last post will tag Haruno.
I did a version with and without text since I'm not confident with my typography. Also happy to fix anything if needed.
Tournament name: XY ubers tour
Host: Haruno
Format:
XY Ubers
Tournament Rules: Standard bo3, single elimination tournament with standard uber rules and clauses
Art Direction: Something that represents the ubers tier would be best. More specifically if possible xerneas with some representation of power herb somewhere and anything else will be up to the artist. I'll accept almost anything really and thanks for your time.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for double posting, but I'm not sure if editing my last post will tag Haruno.
I did a version with and without text since I'm not confident with my typography. Also happy to fix anything if needed.

I was always under the impression that power herb was some sort of leaf thing o_o. Regardless, it looks really well done and it is now the art for the tour. Thanks so much.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tournament name: The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament
Host: Oglemi
Format
: XY OU
Tournament Rules: Standard XY OU, only 1 team allowed for whole tourney, 3 different laws will be implemented at each round
Art Direction: http://archive.na.square-enix.com//ffta2/ FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Any kind of cross-genre like Alakazam dressed as a Black Mage or a trainer using an Aegislash as a giant sword or whatever you feel would be great. Featuring the Judge prominently would also be really cool.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: Outside the Box
Host: horyzhnz
Project priority: Low
Format: XY OU
Tournament Rules: Standard XY OU clauses, with the rule that the two most used moves of a Pokemon will be banned.
Art Direction: Pokemon coming out of box(es) is the first thing I thought of, but basically a Pokemon doing something that seems out of place would also be great.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Tournament name: XY Team Tournament
Host: Genesis7
Format:
Ubers, OU, UU, RU, NU and Doubles
Tournament Rules: First is a WCOP style round robin where teams will have one (2 for OU) player representing each tier going into knockout in later rounds.
Art Direction: Something that represents threats from all represented tiers with the tournament title. I am not picky in the slightest so you can add whatever you want and have fun with it.
Edit: I guess that is asking too much? I really don't care what the logo contains, just have fun with it.

Last edited:

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not yet, but it soon will be. ;)
Thanks a ton man, but jw if there's any way to emphasize the fact that Conkeldurr's actually using Fling?

Last edited:

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
Tournament name: The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament
Host: Oglemi
Format
: XY OU
Tournament Rules: Standard XY OU, only 1 team allowed for whole tourney, 3 different laws will be implemented at each round
Art Direction: http://archive.na.square-enix.com//ffta2/ FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. Any kind of cross-genre like Alakazam dressed as a Black Mage or a trainer using an Aegislash as a giant sword or whatever you feel would be great. Featuring the Judge prominently would also be really cool.
Hello! I couldn't find informations about project priority, so i don't if it already expired. But here it go! :)

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: Neverused Premier League
Host: FireMage
Format
: DPP/BW/XY NU
Tournament Rules: SPL-style team tourney, standard metagames
Art Direction: looking for a team banner, which would be displayed in every round's thread as well as (likely) in players' sigs etc. the team is the Playboy Lopunny, so something like the playboy bunny but with Lopunny's silhouette instead

Last edited:

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I made this for you Hollywood:

dont feed it any meat or else it might hurt you.

Also wow some of the people in here make me feel like such a scrub

(i can make avatar sizes if you use this)

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I made this for you Hollywood:

dont feed it any meat or else it might hurt you.

Also wow some of the people in here make me feel like such a scrub

(i can make avatar sizes if you use this)
this is almost perfect, I just have a couple small issues. the first is that Lopunny is spelled with one p and two n's.
the other is that the font/text shape/color all seem odd. is there any way you can make the font color match with the blue from above and have the font curve along with the curve of the banner, a la:

only less janky. something along those lines would be great. doesn't have to be that exact font, but I think something tall/thin would look better. if you can't/don't want to do any of that please let me know asap, and thanks for the hard work!

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Yeah I'm not really the best at typography but I tried:

anybody who is a whiz at typography can help out if they think they can do better

Tournament name: Other Metagames Premier League (our team is the Mewtwo Maniacs)
Host: Monte Cristo (Team captain is Snaquaza)
Format
: Variety of Other Metagames: BH, TS, Monotype, STABmons, 1v1, Randbats
Tournament Rules: SPL-style team tourney, but with other metagames
Art Direction: Some sort of Mewtwo Maniacs team logo (for avatars, signatures, etc.)

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Tournament name: Other Metagames Premier League (our team is the Mewtwo Maniacs)
Host: Monte Cristo (Team captain is Snaquaza)
Format
: Variety of Other Metagames: BH, TS, Monotype, STABmons, 1v1, Randbats
Tournament Rules: SPL-style team tourney, but with other metagames
Art Direction: Some sort of Mewtwo Maniacs team logo (for avatars, signatures, etc.)
a try at a logo

avatar and sig (not sure what standard signature height is, i made it 121 bc that's what one of Zracknel's was)

i like it better straight i think, but wanted to give this a shot as well

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, i,'m pretty new here but would like to say my artistic skills are not too shabby... I would really like to contribute to a tournament like this.
However I'm a bit confused about the rules of this thread and how contribution works. Have the rules of the op changed or is raikou00 just not active anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)