Gen 6 The XY Ubers Viability Ranking Thread [Read Post #1000]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please explain how Whimsicott is above Kyurem-W?
Because with Whimsicott, it has enough defense to set up Substitute and then leech seed with leftovers. That makes it a very strategic tank that even darmanitan and MixApe have a tough time dealing with.

Because with Whimsicott, it has enough defense to set up Substitute and then leech seed with leftovers. That makes it a very strategic tank that even darmanitan and MixApe have a tough time dealing with.
Yeah those things are obviously amazing in Ubers.

Though 1 great thing about Whimsicott is that it walls Zekrom.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Both of its typings give useful immunities, it is very disruptive and not set up bait for geo xern, provides good stallbreaking, can encore dragons, etc.

Whimsi has Prankster and better typing, so I'm assuming this is why SubSeed Skymin is not seen much anymore? In fact, it's been a while since I've seen Skymin, how common is it now, and is it really viable anymore this Gen?

Edit: Well, obviously it's viable with such great Speed and Special Attack, I guess what I was really asking is whether or not it's sets are outclassed, resulting in usage drop.

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but I think Arceus in general should be placed in S-rank as it pretty much fits the definition right on and then all of it's varying forms should stay where they are

Also, why is giratina ranked so low? It was pretty much the end all check to E-killer. Is it because of the introduction of Xern and Eve?

(BTW I find it hilarious that Zard is at C+ considering how it was literally a joke last gen.)

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but I think Arceus in general should be placed in S-rank as it pretty much fits
Also, why is giratina ranked so low? It was pretty much the end all check to E-killer. Is it because of the introduction of Xern and Eve?
Giratina gives too many free turns in this generation as many teams carry a fairy. Although it still checks extremekiller it's not optimal to run it on a team.

Pokemon: Milotic
Suggested Ranking: C-
Role: Special Sponge, Geoxern Check

Milotic has low physical defense, which can be very painful. Also, it hates dealing with substitutes. To make up for this however, It can check GeoXern, and most CMers thanks to haze. Despite the low Def, it has High SDef, allowing it to narrowly avoid being 2HKO'dby non-geo geoxern thunder. Also, thanks to this bulk, it can survive a thunder unless hazards are up, and haze the boosts. However, milotic will be at such low HP after that after the haze, Xern can just attack again to finish off Milo.

Pokemon: Milotic
Suggested Ranking: C-
Role: Special Sponge, Geoxern Check

Milotic has low physical defense, which can be very painful. Also, it hates dealing with substitutes. To make up for this however, It can check GeoXern, and most CMers thanks to haze. Despite the low Def, it has High SDef, allowing it to narrowly avoid being 2HKO'dby non-geo geoxern thunder. Also, thanks to this bulk, it can survive a thunder unless hazards are up, and haze the boosts. However, milotic will be at such low HP after that after the haze, Xern can just attack again to finish off Milo.
It isn't even a Geoxern Check because it a.) can't switch in and b.) can't do shit in return. Miltoic is such a small niche I don't think it is worth it to rank.

Also, thanks to this bulk, it can survive a thunder unless hazards are up, and haze the boosts.
>implying I didn't notice that

It works. Barely. You switch it into the geo. Also, Minority, you might want to factor in leftovers, so Milo is at around 94% HP after SR.

While I'm at it, if xerneas is NOT of the geomancy variant, then Milotic can actually sponge a few hits and toxic back.

But other Xerneas checks are just plain better... and actually can take a hit (Moonblast does nearly as much as Thunder anyway, no hope)

But how does it work against other threats in the metagame?
Well, non-elec or grass arceus will have major troubles, as haze prevents them from setting up. While I'm at it, it also stops baton pass cold, and can sponge most special hits from the likes of palkia, although it has a harder time if thunder gets involved.
Base 95/79/125 defences is pretty decent enough to sponge most special attacks aimed at Milotic unless they're SE or Psystrike. Also, Milotic can use scald, which can induce headaches in the opp.

obviously, this isn't something you can just slap onto most teams.

*Ok, I know I said C- before, but how about D instead?*

Yveltal deserves to be S. It's the most versatile mon ever, you can play it all out, mixed, physically or specially oriented wall, scarfed...even banded and specsed version (banded sucker punch is a clean OHKO on Scarfogre for example lol) are hella fun to play, it's got a great typing and i doesn't need a lot of support to be good, maybe defog but nothing more, and every bulky arceus (which is on pretty much every team) has it.

a S- rank would be nice, Yveltal is way too good to be at the same place of mons like Blaziken imo.

Yveltal deserves to be S. It's the most versatile mon ever, you can play it all out, mixed, physically or specially oriented wall, scarfed...even banded and specsed version (banded sucker punch is a clean OHKO on Scarfogre for example lol) are hella fun to play, it's got a great typing and i doesn't need a lot of support to be good, maybe defog but nothing more, and every bulky arceus (which is on pretty much every team) has it.

a S- rank would be nice, Yveltal is way too good to be at the same place of mons like Blaziken imo.
252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 316-373 (92.3 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

That's not a clean OHKO, but it is scarily impressive. Just clearing that up.

It is after stealth rock, and Scarfogre is the type of mons that switchs a lot, so you won't see him a full life that often.

And yeah, it's quite scary right?

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Arceus-Ghost is so powerful its disgusting I hate facing it probs should be S. Yveltal I dunno, there's really no point making an S- rank just for it. If its more powerful than other stuff in A+ maybe the other stuff doesn't deserve A+ :?

wow, blaziken at A+? can someone say which set it uses and show me replays of it wrecking? i never had much trouble facing it, and it's higher than arceus-ghost, zekrom, and etc...

Arceus-Ghost is so powerful its disgusting I hate facing it probs should be S. Yveltal I dunno, there's really no point making an S- rank just for it. If its more powerful than other stuff in A+ maybe the other stuff doesn't deserve A+ :?
Arceus is taking your Arceus-slot in a team, offensive teams uses Electric/Ekillerceus and defensive teams uses Water/Grass/Rock/Ground/Ghost/(the defensive version)Poison/Steel...So it's not that easy fitting SDGhostceus in your team imo.

It's not at threatening as Ekiller and Yveltal wall him easily.

Btw Aegislash is a pretty good toxic support and a nice check to Xerneas/Fairyceus/Sylveon/Lugia/Mewtwo and one of the only mons to not being trapper by Gengar., with Head smash it is also a pretty good lure to Ho-oh, B- is a little bit too low in my opinion.

I disagree with arceus ghost for s. It is still massively threatened by far as many do have shadow ball. More importantly, it is very check able with ygod, darkceus, hooh, and random bulky shit with toxic like spdef Kia. Still a threat, and I am fine with a+. But to compare it to ogre, gar, xern, and mewteo is overreaching. Also, how do people feel about blaziken to s, it literally has no counters and threatens every playstyle, the best Switchin, lando t, loses if it switches in on an ad or a flare blitz in the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)