Brokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens in Debug Mode with Ghost-types.
Well, actually it happens every time Showdown notices an immunity. Considering that Steel is immune to three statuses (Poison, Toxic, Sandstorm (well, technically that's weather, but for Showdown it's status)) and type (Poison), and Ghost is immune to two types (Normal, Fighting), it's not that surprising the debug mode activated a lot (lesson for yourself: don't test with Aegislash, even if it's early on the list).

Anyway, I have a question. Should Steel be immune to Poison status or not? The new type table says it now resists Poison, but the Poison status is completely independent of Poison-type attacks.

Well, actually it happens every time Showdown notices an immunity. Considering that Steel is immune to three statuses (Poison, Toxic, Sandstorm (well, technically that's weather, but for Showdown it's status)) and type (Poison), and Ghost is immune to two types (Normal, Fighting), it's not that surprising the debug mode activated a lot (lesson for yourself: don't test with Aegislash, even if it's early on the list).

Anyway, I have a question. Should Steel be immune to Poison status or not? The new type table says it now resists Poison, but the Poison status is completely independent of Poison-type attacks.
I think the Poison status should be the same as normal.

after looking at the hoenn list I believe that plusle and minuns stats need to be swapped as minun has always been the bulkier one and plusle the more offensive one.
also why did we not buff/nerf fissure?

after looking at the hoenn list I believe that plusle and minuns stats need to be swapped as minun has always been the bulkier one and plusle the more offensive one.
also why did we not buff/nerf fissure?
Yeah, Minun and Plusle's stats should probably be swapped.

Challenge accepted:

+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Helping Hand Overheat vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Dry Skin Paras in Sun on a critical hit: 9969784-11729160 (83081533.3 - 97743000%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Def Choice Band Power Trick Huge Power Flower Gift Defense Curl Shuckle Helping Hand Rollout(480 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Yanma in Sun on a critical hit: 102269024-120316512 (852241866.7 - 1002637600%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Trumped. It can't get higher without resorting to Triples.

+6 252+ Def Choice Band Power Trick Huge Power Flower Gift Defense Curl Shuckle Helping Hand Rollout(480 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Yanma in Sun on a critical hit: 102269024-120316512 (852241866.7 - 1002637600%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Trumped. It can't get higher without resorting to Triples.
How do you get all the data into the damage calc? I can't even find Rollout in the moves section.

While It's only possible in an OM, This is the most damage a move can ever do unless max values for a Base Stat get increased or something like that.

+6 252+ Atk fire type pokemon with 255 base Atk, Huge Power with maxed out metronome in between two cherrims both using helping hand in the sun with Fire type rollout max power after using defense curl (960 BP) on a critical hit VS -6 0 HP/0 Def- Bug/Steel that's had forest's curse used on it with dry skin that has 1 Base HP and 1 Base Def hitting for max damage is 18435130200%.

Beat that.

Last edited:
While It's only possible in an OM, This is the most damage a move can ever do unless max values for a Base Stat get increased or something like that.

+6 252+ Atk fire type pokemon with 255 base Atk, Huge Power with maxed out metronome in between two cherrims both using helping hand in the sun with Fire type rollout max power after using defense curl (960 BP) on a critical hit VS -6 0 HP/0 Def Bug/Steel that's had forest's curse used on it with dry skin that has 1 Base HP and 1 Base Def hitting for max damage is 18435130200%.

Beat that.
Did you account for natures?

xfix and everyone else on the council
I'm undoing some unneeded move buffs.
Double-Edge - back to normal
Ember - back to normal
Fairy Lock - back to normal (too hard to code)
Feint Attack - back to normal (already have Dark priority in Assurance)
Incinerate - back to normal (Hydraulic needs a special Fire move)
Water Pulse - back to normal (Hydraulic needs a special Water move)

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
xfix and everyone else on the council
I'm undoing some unneeded move buffs.
[hide="Buffs I'm undoing]Double-Edge - back to normal
Ember - back to normal
Feint Attack - back to normal (already have Dark priority in Assurance)
Incinerate - back to normal (Hydraulic needs a special Fire move)
Water Pulse - back to normal (Hydraulic needs a special Water move)[/hide]
Have you tried?

Let's see.

Fairy Lock - Prevents target's team from using boosting moves as long as user is in battle
So, it blocks moves like Swords Dance. It has Disable-like effect, except it works as long the user is in battle, not for given number of turns.

Honestly, that doesn't look that difficult. First, how to determine if the move is boosting.

Code:
    boosts: {
       atk: 1
    },
    // ...
    target: "self",
(there are some exceptions, like Belly Drum, but that's the general pattern)

Next, how to disable moves. Assault Vest provides a solution (please note it's code from Assault Vest, not the proposed Fairy Lock).

Code:
    onModifyPokemon: function(pokemon) {
       var moves = pokemon.moveset;
       for (var i=0; i<moves.length; i++) {
         if (this.getMove(moves[i].move).category === 'Status') {
           moves[i].disabled = true;
         }
       }
     },
The last thing is modifying the enemy as long the user is in battle. That's also simple. All that needs to be done is setting the status to the user (not the enemy). Next, the status should define "onFoeModifyPokemon" event, which does the thing similar to Assault Vest's "onModifyPokemon".

By the way, I apologise for latest lack of updates. It's hard to code when you have lots to work on, and there is school. Perhaps I shouldn't have applied to code this mod. I'm sure it looked simpler when I applied for it. I looked at everything at the list, and I have general idea how to implement everything on the list, but I barely have any time to work on this project.

Let's see.

So, it blocks moves like Swords Dance. It has Disable-like effect, except it works as long the user is in battle, not for given number of turns.

Honestly, that doesn't look that difficult. First, how to determine if the move is boosting.

Code:
    },
    // ...

Next, how to disable moves. Assault Vest provides a solution (please note it's code from Assault Vest, not the proposed Fairy Lock).

Code:
         }
       }
     },
The last thing is modifying the enemy as long the user is in battle. That's also simple. All that needs to be done is setting the status to the user (not the enemy). Next, the status should define "onFoeModifyPokemon" event, which does the thing similar to Assault Vest's "onModifyPokemon".

By the way, I apologise for latest lack of updates. It's hard to code when you have lots to work on, and there is school. Perhaps I shouldn't have applied to code this mod. I'm sure it looked simpler when I applied for it. I looked at everything at the list, and I have general idea how to implement everything on the list, but I barely have any time to work on this project.
It's okay. I think I know someone who can help.
!summon Snaquaza

Let's see.

Code:
    },
    // ...

Code:
         }
       }
     },

Take this with a grain of salt as i know NOTHING about coding but can't you just use the code for heal block but for boosting moves rather than healing moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)