Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

You can check the Hidden Power type in the house on the far right in Anistar City and Hidden Power has been set to 60 BP. Also, I think most people here would suggest you reset for a better spread (the SDef is too low).
Rats! I guess the only thing left to do is reset and try again :(
Since I'm working on a final paper right now, however, I suppose that this Xerneas still has awhile for other people to speak up in his favor, or against him.

Finished finals! I think I got a significantly better one. Still looking for a comp-viable Xerneas.

Xerneas - #716 (Modest) : 31 / 29 - 30 / 31 / 20 / 28 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Ground

Obviously the SpAtt is shaky, but again, given as I'm very new to this, I have no ideas as to whether 20 in SpATT will actually cause Xerneas to miss out on O/2/3HKOs and the like.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Finished finals! I think I got a significantly better one. Still looking for a comp-viable Xerneas.

Xerneas - #716 (Modest) : 31 / 29 - 30 / 31 / 20 / 28 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Ground

Obviously the SpAtt is shaky, but again, given as I'm very new to this, I have no ideas as to whether 20 in SpATT will actually cause Xerneas to miss out on O/2/3HKOs and the like.
IMO you want 25+ in every stat except your dump stat, especially when soft resetting and getting solid IVs is so easy in XY. Therefore, I'd suggest you dump this Xerneas in hopes of a better one - good luck!

Alright, THIS one for sure, must be the Xerneas of my dreams. Well, except for the fact that his HP is garbage, but I had intended to originally run the Geomancy set on him in the first place.

Xerneas - #716 (Modest) : 29 / 31 / 28 / 27 / 31 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon (LOL.)

Help me out guys: Worth keeping, or nay?

Sucks that the 3rd perfect IV is in attack, but it's still very good. I would keep that, unless you're prepared to SR more. :s
That's what I was thinking myself, but just in case, I'll leave it unsaved until we get some more input. Really is a shame (especially about the HP, IMO, which is completely useless,) but I think it's probably tolerable. I *would* like to get through the rest of this game at some point, haha.

I finally decided to join in on the soft resetting, and I got a Xerneas with these stats:

HP: 200 (28-29)
Atk: 125 (6-7)
Def: 115 (31)
SpAtk: 166 (31)
SpDef: 114 (22)
Spe: 119 (31)

These stats were checked before I battled the Team Magma boss. Afterwards when I beat him, it had a Modest nature. I ain't going any further with Soft resetting for a good Xerneas, it's perfect as it is for me.
(Also helps when fighting Genesect too actually, it raises it's SpAtk instead of Atk.)

Genesect normally gets the SpA boost anyway with the normal Xerneas spread (slight Def investment). Still, that's a pretty good catch.
Thanks! I've actually now started on my attempts to get Zygarde now, that one is going to be just as long, but it will be worth it!

(EDIT:) I've been using Alakazams with Syncronize to help with catching Xerneas and Zygarde. Which speed up the process quite a bit.

(EDIT2:)

I got a Zygarde with these stats:

HP: 250 (27-28)
Atk: 166 (30-31)
Def: 196 (31)
SpAtk: 126 (31)
SpDef: 142 (6-7)
Speed: 174 (30-31)
Nature: Jolly
I would have been very happy with this if the SpAtk IV's were the SpDef IV's right now x,x

Last edited:
Okay, okay, I got a Zygarde that I am going to settle with, I ain't going any further with this one either.

HP: 245 (20-21)
Atk: 166 (30-31)
Def: 196 (31)
SpAtk: 119 (20-21) <----- No one really cares about this anyways
SpDef: 159 (30-31)
Speed: 174 (30-31)
Nature: Jolly

I am done, for a long time for resetting my games x.x

(Going to go collect the X stones now to trade them off, bye!)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
.....I am at lost for words. I just got a 5 IV'd Timid Zygarde with Atk IV's missing. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME GAME?!?!?!?!?
Watch how in the future, Zygarde gets a Mega/Form that utilizes its Special Attack over its attack. :s

But seriously, I think you could have done better with your Jolly Zygarde. But regardless, good luck with it!

If it weren't for the Kalos Native crap in tournaments, I wouldn't be SRing for this guy, since I already have a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid one from Heartgold.

Timid Mewtwo
IVs: 31/30/28/31/23-24/31

Kinda wished that the attack and Sp. Def were switched, but it probably doesn't make a difference. Too bad that in order to do a proper Mega Mewtwo X, I have to go back two generations. This is a reset that I wasn't really eager to do but felt I had to do -___-. I'm still using my flawless Timid one in regular uber battles and situations where anything can be used.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hi, I'm having trouble SRing for a good Xerneas, and, after reading the OP, I noticed this bit of advice:

3. In the case of Speed, bring a Pokémon who is ONE speed point lower than Xerneas / Yveltal. For reference, a perfect speed neutral nature one has 119 Speed, while a +Speed nature one has 130 Speed.
I want a modest xerneas to run a geomancy set. What's a good pokemon to get that has 119 speed that can help me easily catch my xerneas?

Hi, I'm having trouble SRing for a good Xerneas, and, after reading the OP, I noticed this bit of advice:

I want a modest xerneas to run a geomancy set. What's a good pokemon to get that has 119 speed that can help me easily catch my xerneas?
If you're willing to hack (or have the patience), a level 100 Blissey with a Speed IV of 3 or less to reach 118 (or a Chansey with 13 or less). It can also learn Seismic Toss, which can help determine if its HP is 30 or 31. It also gets Sing to put it to sleep, and Healing Wish to kill yourself while fighting Lysandre.

You'd have to breed it in your X game, otherwise it won't obey you. If you want, I could trade you an egg for you to hatch, and when it hatches, level it up for you with Rare Candies I got via Powersave. But I should warn you that the parents are hacked from gen 5.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're willing to hack (or have the patience), a level 100 Blissey with a Speed IV of 3 or less to reach 118 (or a Chansey with 13 or less). It can also learn Seismic Toss, which can help determine if its HP is 30 or 31. It also gets Sing to put it to sleep, and Healing Wish to kill yourself while fighting Lysandre.

You'd have to breed it in your X game, otherwise it won't obey you. If you want, I could trade you an egg for you to hatch, and when it hatches, level it up for you with Rare Candies I got via Powersave. But I should warn you that the parents are hacked from gen 5.
The preferred pokemon to have as far as speed goes is one with an ability that announces itself with 118 Spe just so you know its speed right away since Fairy Aura also announces itself. As far as pokes go, I'm honestly not sure what hits that right in the nose with an announcing ability though.

The "quick and dirty" solution (which I used when SRing for Calm Xerneas):

Catch a +Spe Jynx with a decent Spe IV from Frost Cavern. Make sure it has Forewarn. You should be able to raise Spe to 118 using Super Training. This shouldn't take more than an hour in total, perhaps longer if you lack a +Spe Synchronizer.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll try Alert to Sounds' option of using a jynx.

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)