Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Delta Emerald". Delta is pretty clearly Rayquaza. Delta's symbol is a triangle. The triangle on the mural is pretty likely just a symbol for Rayquaza.
Kind of like how they've trademarked a ton of other Pokemon game names in the past that never came to fruition?

I'm not saying that the triangle doesn't represent something else as a fact, but rather that we shouldn't read too much into it and get ahead of ourselves.

On topic, one of the screenshots pointed out that berry trees are back! Which thankfully makes it a lot easier to get berries that waiting for mutations.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Is anybody else excited for the legends from Gen 4 ORAS is most likely receiving since HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre and FRLG had Suicune/Entei/Raikou?

Lets all hope we can get the lake trio so we can use Mespirit in the Battle Maison!

I hope that they make it possible to capture more than one of the pokemon in horde battles cause ever since they introduced the concept of being able to capture pokemon in double battles in gen3 they've been screwing us over. What if I want to capture all of them GF?
I know this is never gonna happen I just wanted to say this.

Is anybody else excited for the legends from Gen 4 ORAS is most likely receiving since HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre and FRLG had Suicune/Entei/Raikou?

Lets all hope we can get the lake trio so we can use Mespirit in the Battle Maison!
It's kind of too soon for the Lake Trio, as you can catch them in BW2 easily. You can even RNG abuse them if you wanted and get nifty move tutor moves that you can't in X/Y.

I'd love for the beast trio to roam again, either in dex order like the birds are for X/Y or effectiveness order like in FR/LG, but we'll just have to see what, if anything, will be done.

But I am SO looking forward to chasing a minimum 3IV Latios down, even if it'll be like the birds in X/Y where I have to encounter it a certain number of times.

Last edited:

I'm hoping for Dialga or Palkia, a la Groudon/Kyogre in HGSS. I no longer have a pack to use in Dream Radar. :/

I still think Lugia/Ho-Oh are more likely, for one the main character family being from Johto since I'm pretty sure those two and the legendary hamsters were the ones available in Emerald post-game/through events. Or were the dogs in FRLG? I can't remember.

For the most part, I'm just hoping that the musical updates actually sound good, because one of my favourite parts of RSE was the music. Of course, looking at the character designs, they've probably replaced the awesome Archie/Maxie theme with something extremely campy and the Champion music with happy-go-lucky let's all be friends music like most Pokemon battle music seems to be lately.

Is anybody else hoping for gen 5 legends? I mean, Gen 3 had Gen 2 legends, Gen 4 had Gen 3 legends, and Gen 5 had Gen 4 legends, so it makes sense. Though TF has broken many patterns and "rules" this gen so...

Is anybody else hoping for gen 5 legends? I mean, Gen 3 had Gen 2 legends, Gen 4 had Gen 3 legends, and Gen 5 had Gen 4 legends, so it makes sense. Though TF has broken many patterns and "rules" this gen so...
They go with the Pokémon that have been missing from games for the longest time. For instance, the two most recent games before BW2 were HGSS and BW - HGSS had all gen 1 legends, all gen 2 legends and almost all gen 3 legends, so BW2 gave us the Gen 4 legends and the Regis as they were the ones that hadn't been seen for the longest time - they even compensated for the time-space trio through Dream Radar.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Since Primal Groudon and Kyogre are getting signature moves that are currently not coded in X/Y and Masuda has strongly implied that Parental Bond is getting nerfed, do you think OR/AS will introduce other game mechanics changes, such as Hypnosis getting nerfed in Platinum?

For example the type chart could use some extra balancing, especially considering they made some questionable choices with the Fairy type. Why does it resist Bug, a type that is now tied with Grass for the most resisted one in the game? Why did Fire, the type that already had the most resistances after Steel, gain a Fairy resistance? At least Steel was nerfed to compensate for that.

Since Primal Groudon and Kyogre are getting signature moves that are currently not coded in X/Y and Masuda has strongly implied that Parental Bond is getting nerfed, do you think OR/AS will introduce other game mechanics changes, such as Hypnosis getting nerfed in Platinum?

For example the type chart could use some extra balancing, especially considering they made some questionable choices with the Fairy type. Why does it resist Bug, a type that is now tied with Grass for the most resisted one in the game? Why did Fire, the type that already had the most resistances after Steel, gain a Fairy resistance? At least Steel was nerfed to compensate for that.
Fire resists Fairy because fairies usually live on forests, which can be burnt down. I don't know about bug though. It should be the other way around.

While DLC seems inevitable now, I think we might be taking it a bit too far with this. Tweaks like hypnosis and balancing for outright broken things like Parental Bond are possible, maybe even likely, but I don't see the community reacting well to major changes to the match ups.

I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm 100% for a bug buff of some kind, but I don't see it happening.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
While DLC seems inevitable now, I think we might be taking it a bit too far with this. Tweaks like hypnosis and balancing for outright broken things like Parental Bond are possible, maybe even likely, but I don't see the community reacting well to major changes to the match ups.

I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm 100% for a bug buff of some kind, but I don't see it happening.
The community didn't react well to all those fairy type retcons that suddenly became immune to dragon either but it's done.
In fact, the Hypnosis nerf mid-generation 4 has always seemed completely random and just plain unecessary (never heard anyone complaining about it in D/P) and it's common knowledge that the type chart is the single most unbalanced aspect of Pokemon.

How many times do I have to post it? Download Mode for 3DS + Another 3DS with OR/AS = Compatibility Patch. Or Pokemon X/Y V. 1.3. Or even both.

Bug is personally my "favorite" type. Real life fighting bugs that little Japanese kids carry around in containers are the actual inspiration for the entire game. But most gens treat bugs like they're supposed to be the worst of the worst. Gen II and Gen V are the only ones that didn't take the attitude "every bug should also be part flying type and or have a base stats on par with Raticate"

But yeah bug is also definitely not the most unbalanced part of the type chart. Bugs are weak becasue they treat the individual Pokemon bad more than the type itself. Still the Fairy resist seemed really unnecessary. Seems REALLY unlikely but I'd certainly put myself in the crowd hopping for a little more type balance in some way or another.

The community didn't react well to all those fairy type retcons that suddenly became immune to dragon either but it's done.
In fact, the Hypnosis nerf mid-generation 4 has always seemed completely random and just plain unecessary (never heard anyone complaining about it in D/P) and it's common knowledge that the type chart is the single most unbalanced aspect of Pokemon.
Not sure if I'd go that far, in fact, I know I wouldn't.

Sure, bug is one of the weaker types, but is that really a bad thing? Complaining about some types being weaker than others is like complaining some pokemon are weaker than others. I don't think the benefit of balancing that outways the backlash of making such a major change in the middle of a generation.

Bug is personally my "favorite" type. Real life fighting bugs that little Japanese kids carry around in containers are the actual inspiration for the entire game. But most gens treat bugs like they're supposed to be the worst of the worst. Gen II and Gen V are the only ones that didn't take the attitude "every bug should also be part flying type and have a base stats on par with Raticate"

But yeah bug is also definitely not the most unbalanced part of the type chart. Bugs are weak becasue they treat the individual Pokemon bad more than the type itself. Still the Fairy resist seemed really unnecessary. Seems REALLY unlikely but I'd certainly put myself in the crowd hopping for a little more type balance in some way or another.
To be fair generation 1 and 4 also had some cool Bug Pokemon. Generation 1 gave us Scyther and Pinsir and while they had no Bug moves they were still good. Hard as fuk to catch though. As for generation 4 we had Yanmega who is a freaking boss and makes up for all the Wormadam's, Illumise's and Beautifly's we had. Generation 5 really gave Bug types attention though.

I always figured they wanted Fairy to have good synergy with the Psychic type, especially Gardevoir and Mr. Mime who gained the type. But the Bug type itself isn't the problem but the Pokemon themselves being terrible for the most part. There's some gems like Volcarona and Heracross, but then you get tripe like Beedrill and Wurmple's entire family.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
So parental Bond is getting a nerf in OR and AS, or might be getting one?
Also I dont think it's Likely of trollfreak to change the type chart during middle of a generation.
But if they do, most likely a patch/update might go to xy.

I can honestly say that he one thing I'm looking forward to concerning these games is the Regi Trio! Sure, they may not be the old Gen IV or V favourites that might be brought back into these games, but I fully admit that the nostalgia of battling them the first time around and capturing them is definitely an experience I'd like to relive.

That being said, I wonder if there'll be a different method of encountering them. The braille is cool and all, but I wouldn't mind something new!

Last edited:

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
One thing I'm hyped for is the Route 111 (might be wrong route number) But it's located north of Mauville City, where the Desert is Located, and the Mt.Pyre/volcano place area.

Mainly hyped to see how the desert will look like
edit: also guys think Go-Go goggles will be re-introduced?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think the main reason for the Bug-types' terribleness is that the Bug type serves as an introductory type of Pokémon. Catching bugs is the simplest kind of animal acquisition (for the lack of a better word), they are popuar to collect, their weaknesses are very intuitive, and the metamorphosis phase many bugs go through is an excellent way to showcase evolution. Another perk is that they fit nicely into the early-game type chart. They also have the gimmick of evolving fast, becoming strong Pokémon very early on, but they are outclassed later.

Basically, the Bug types serve to teach the concept of Pokémon in a nutshell. They display strenghts/weaknesses beyond the simple rock-paper-scissors model of the starter types, they showcase evolution very early on, and bug catching is something kids can easily relate to. Basically, they are the ideal early-game Pokémon.

That implies, however, that they are designed to be outclassed later in the game. In the competitive scene, all Pokémon are seen alongside each other, and the early-game bugs stand out as pretty bad. But in-game, Bug types are presented to you early on, where they are comparatively stronger than most of your other options. A little investment in training, and bam! You get that sweet Butterfree who can sweep the floor with Brock using only Confusion. Bug types are good at their stage of the game. However, the game designers want you to explore the options the game gives you, and that means that the first Pokémon you acquire shouldn't be strong enough to serve your needs throughout the entire game. Sooner or later, you will have to ditch a few of your early captures, to make room for a much stronger Pokémon caught in the mid-game. The Bugs are usually the first to go here.

This means that the game roster will be filled by a fair few weak Bug Pokémon. The games need to have some Pokémon used for introducing players to various types, and the Bug types fit that role like a glove. Later in the game, the type can return with more creative or outlandish designs, mimicking rarer or more powerful bugs of the kind you can't just find in any backyard forest. These are more exotic designs, with interesting secondary typings and enough power to stand up to the rest of the Pokémon in the game. However, these "special" Bug types will usually be outnumbered by the abundance of early-game introductory Pokémon. When you put all the Bug types up alongside each other, you will notice the bad bunch first, to a much larger degree than other types.

Of course, there are also the likes of Ledian and Ariados, that suck no matter when you get them in-game. I suppose those are used to teach players that there will always have to be some Pokémon worse than the others, no matter what you compare them to. Every barrel has to have a bottom, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)