Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speed Power

• Critical Power

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Accuracy Power

• Total voters
It's surprised me how little talk there is about O-Powers, a little aspect of X/Y that I can see being easily overlooked. So I've started this thread as a place for general discussion about it. Such as which one's your favorite and find yourself using most (excluding the obvious one). What's your least favorite? Do you even like O-Powers? How often did you use them in the main story? I'm thoroughly interested, so comment below and voice your opinion!

Hatching Power is just so useful and saves a lot of time, especially when hatching pseudo legends like Larvitar which normally take forever.

Exp power is my next most used. That plus Lucky Egg in the Cafe Le Wow and you can get something up to lvl 100 in a day.

They are a great addition to the game IMO

I definitely agree. Pass Powers were interesting but getting those Pass Orbs was sometimes annoying... O-Powers are much more renewable. I mostly use them post-game for Hatching and Experience. I use Befriending and Prize Money rarely as well.

I'm not such a huge fan of the stat-boosting O-Powers, though. They make a game that already suffers some difficulty issues even more easy. They're pretty OP (hah, hah, O-Powers) in that regard...

I also don't think they enhance communication very well. The only scenario where giving O-Powers is useful is if two people are in the same place in real life and both need O-Powers, where it becomes more efficient to give O-Powers.

Last edited:
I like them. Getting Hatch Power is a bitch though. I got mine about a week or so ago, and even though it took me two days because I never worried about Lumiose City style, I do not regret it. It's been my most used Power. Next ones on use are Prize Power and Exp. Power. I always use them together on Le Wow. I never used them on the main story though, mainly because I turned off Wireless Connection. Now I always have it on with the Internet going, so I can get some free Powers occasionally. And to Wonder Trade my breeding spitbacks.

Has anyone received an O-Power with an "S" denomination?
O-Power S are the same as O-Power Lvl. 3, but last 8 minutes, instead of 3. Unfortunately, they have only been released in Japan, and only some of them have been released - well, all the relevant ones have (seriously, world-wide release and Japan still gets everything).

Apparently, if one has a Powersaves device, they can give themselves S-level O-Powers.

O-Power S are the same as O-Power Lvl. 3, but last 8 minutes, instead of 3. Unfortunately, they have only been released in Japan, and only some of them have been released - well, all the relevant ones have (seriously, world-wide release and Japan still gets everything).

Apparently, if one has a Powersaves device, they can give themselves S-level O-Powers.
One more reason to hate Japanese Pokemon players :c

I also don't think they enhance communication very well. The only scenario where giving O-Powers is useful is if two people are in the same place in real life and both need O-Powers, where it becomes more efficient to give O-Powers.
I've often received O-powers from passerbys through wi-fi, and me and my online friends often give hatching o-powers to each other.

I've often received O-powers from passerbys through wi-fi, and me and my online friends often give hatching o-powers to each other.
Ah, OK. I stand corrected. I suppose I don't use Online quite enough.

I just realized that the advantage of giving O-Powers is that it lets you level up your O-Powers at less cost. That could be another reason to give them.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Exp. point power + Audino ladies in Battle Chateau = Mighty fun.

Or at least, heftily reduced grinding for low level 'mons. Since the level difference is so big when Exp. is earned, they will get a LOT of Exp. points in one go. Though, if you can't beat the Audino ladies quickly, the power is better put to use in a restaurant somewhere.

Exp. point power + Audino ladies in Battle Chateau = Mighty fun.

Or at least, heftily reduced grinding for low level 'mons. Since the level difference is so big when Exp. is earned, they will get a LOT of Exp. points in one go. Though, if you can't beat the Audino ladies quickly, the power is better put to use in a restaurant somewhere.
Exp. Power's great for the restaurant. It doesn't run out until all 5 battles are done -- I also like combining that with a level 1 prize money.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hatching power is defiantly my most-used, it saves a boatload of time trying to breed Pokemon with select IV spreads and such. Major pain in the ass to obtain, but well worth it.

An O-power that needs more love is the Capture Power one. Helps with catching females in nice Poke Balls and also makes an already easy capture w/ Xerneas/Yveltal even quicker for those soft-resetting for them.

If you save the game and then turn it off, and reload the save, does the time on O-Powers stay the same? If so, it could be a great help when catching legendaries.

One thing about the S level O-powers - they aren't available to Japanese players per se, they're only available inside Japanese Pokemon Centers.

I've never done the research on the Befriending power to see how many steps you'd have to take with a Pokemon holding the Soothe Bell and Befriending level 3 to max out its happiness for evolution.

Exp. Point Power is hands down my favorite. Unlike most people I know, I still like to get my competitive team to Level 100 (with the exception of my VGC team). It is just so useful. My second favorite is Prize Money Power, which is sadly useless to me at this point since I have nearly P10,000,000 and I have actually maxed out the number of Balm Mushrooms I have (I just stopped selling them at a point since I could go so many runs of Le Wow before even "losing" a million).

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hatching O-Power is a massive time saver.

I always get given the stat boosting powers from random people, probably because it only costs 1 bar at level one to give it whereas it costs 4 otherwise :p

One thing about the S level O-powers - they aren't available to Japanese players per se, they're only available inside Japanese Pokemon Centers.

I've never done the research on the Befriending power to see how many steps you'd have to take with a Pokemon holding the Soothe Bell and Befriending level 3 to max out its happiness for evolution.
I've noticed though experience that if you use Befriending O-Power with a Pokemon that's holding a Soothe Bell and then run back and forth non-stop until it wears off, it always seems to max out friendship.

Last edited:
Hatching Power is one more reason to care for style.
Stylish people deserve to get things done faster.
Japanese people seem to be more stylish than anyone else.
I love Sushi, so who cares :)

I love me some Exp Points O-powers. Prize Money Power is a close-ish second.
I never even bothered to get the Hatching Power. . . A Barry Manilow Power would be more necessary for my breeding issues. Even with pseudo-legendaries like Dratini, my eggs would hatch before I could get a full team of 5, maybe 95% of the time. :|

I love me some Exp Points O-powers. Prize Money Power is a close-ish second.
I never even bothered to get the Hatching Power. . . A Barry Manilow Power would be more necessary for my breeding issues. Even with pseudo-legendaries like Dratini, my eggs would hatch before I could get a full team of 5, maybe 95% of the time. :|
The point of Exp O-Power is to get a full team of eggs, THEN activate it - not before -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)