Att: 6
Def: 6
Sp. Atk: 5
Sp Def: 6
Sp: 7
Somewhat Stubborn

Or...
Likes to thrash about

Do characteristics really matter that much or should I take the one with higher Def? THe second one does have an attacking characteristic but its defense stat is one lower so...?

Thanks!

Would this moveset for calm minding Bronzong be viable?

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 252 / DEF 100 / SpAtk 100 / SpDef 58
Sassy Nature (+SpDef / - Speed)

Calm Mind
Gyro Ball
Charge Beam
Psychic

I'm think keeping Gyroball would be worthwhile for the STAB on top of bronzong's super low speed. I'm just looking for other opinions right now.

Well, it seems I fucked up my EV training last night >_>

I forgot to give my 10 HP and 10 Atk vitamins to Metagross, and I just now realized it.

But he's already at level 100. Is there any way to add EVs to a level 100 Pokemon? I remember someone saying you could put them in the PC or something like that. But exactly how does that work?

Or am I royally screwed?
This went unanswered. Does anyone know?

Which Elekid would be better one with
HP: 12
Att: 6
Def: 6
Sp. Atk: 5
Sp Def: 6
Sp: 7
Somewhat Stubborn

Or...
Likes to thrash about

Do characteristics really matter that much or should I take the one with higher Def? THe second one does have an attacking characteristic but its defense stat is one lower so...?

Thanks!

What are the IVs? The IVs, not the actual stats, are what you are looking for that will help you determine whether to keep it or not

You cannot EV a lvl 100, Yoshipal

I've been going insane trying to catch a (I've given up on good ivs...) sassy regirock on Ruby, and even with sleep/getting it down to below 10 hp, AND using a timer ball, I'm still having such a hard time catching it... any advice?

I've been going insane trying to catch a (I've given up on good ivs...) sassy regirock on Ruby, and even with sleep/getting it down to below 10 hp, AND using a timer ball, I'm still having such a hard time catching it... any advice?
use masterballs, reseting for good natures/ivs takes fucking years if you don't

do what i do, get another person with emerald peerhaps and have them trade you a master ball. still took me a long time though, if you cant get a masterball, then A) give up or B) have fun for the next 1-3 weeks, its rreally a shame that synchronize doesnt work in ruby/sapphire

What is better, a Ludicolo holding Leftovers with the ability Swift Swim? or a Ludicolo holding Damp Rock with the ability Rain Dish? Both will have this moveset:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers/ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim/ Rain Dish
EVs: 206 HP/ 76 SpAtk/ 228 SpDef
~Rain Dance
~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Leech Seed

He is part of a rain dance team so i think that the prolonged rain would help out more

Is there anyway to evolve a pokémon that is level 100 and evolves through level up?

I got a level 100 Mudkip in a trade and that made me think of it. I don't want to evolve him though. i liek him.

Is there anyway to evolve a pokémon that is level 100 and evolves through level up?

I got a level 100 Mudkip in a trade and that made me think of it. I don't want to evolve him though. i liek him.
No. There is no way to evolve a lv. 100 pokemon that evolves through level up once it is at level 100.

Is it redundant to have both Starmie and Lanturn on a team? I have them both right now, and I don't know if I need them both. Starmie counters a lot of common threats and I really want to keep it, but Lanturn fills some of the remaining holes in my team (Weezing, Suicune, Raikou, etc.). I'm not concerned about having the 2 Grass weaknesses, since I have counters for common Grass pokemon, as well as most other things that are commonly using Grass attacks.

I want to put Magnezone in the team, since it still counters those pokemon, as well as walling Gengar (unless it has Focus Blast, since Magnezone resists everything else), which is probably my main problem. But I don't know...

Blue_Flamez: You're going to need some Speed EVs if you want to outspeed much, since Ludicolo with no EVs has 176 Speed.

I was going to run my new zapdos as thunderbolt, light screen, hidden power, and roost. I was thinking I could try charge over light screen. I know it's not as good as light screen for the spe def, but how much extra damage does charge do? Is it worth it?

What are the IVs? The IVs, not the actual stats, are what you are looking for that will help you determine whether to keep it or not

You cannot EV a lvl 100, Yoshipal
Sorry I am posting this because I don't breed for IVs so in general I was hoping if someone could tell me if one was better than the other in any way or can you not know without testing for IVs (via a battle a suppose?).

Is baton pass a high priority move?
yes.

if you attack a pokemon with a substitute up, does the sub take more damage from an attack that is super effective against the opponent or does it not matter?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Incorrect. Baton Pass has a priority of 0, which is the same as most other attacks. The Substitute effectively has the same Defense and Special Defense as the Pokemon behind it, by the way, so it will take the same damage the Pokemon behind it would have taken, with the only difference being that the damage is capped at the HP value of the Substitute.

could someone point me to a good (or extensive) guide to pokemon contests? i seem to be having trouble with the whole..dressing up part.

The Substitute effectively has the same Defense and Special Defense as the Pokemon behind it, by the way, so it will take the same damage the Pokemon behind it would have taken, with the only difference being that the damage is capped at the HP value of the Substitute.
so say a Celebi passes a Sub to a Charizard. would a Waterfall be Super Effective or Not Very Effective? in other words, does the effectiveness depend on who MADE the sub or who is currently behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)