Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if Deoxys werent a event pokemon anymore, I really like deoxys and a big wish I have is to actually capture it, but I dont have access to evennt since I live in fkin BRAZIL. Really, Brazil SUCKS.Itd be cool if it was just a cool and strong and hard to get to the location post game legend. . .

It would be nice if Deoxys werent a event pokemon anymore, I really like deoxys and a big wish I have is to actually capture it, but I dont have access to evennt since I live in fkin BRAZIL. Really, Brazil SUCKS.Itd be cool if it was just a cool and strong and hard to get to the location post game legend. . .
ouch. Brazil tho. But I agree, maybe the Post Game will be challenging and leading towards a secret part of Ruby/Sapphire we never saw.. or Deoxys. Deoxys would be pretty awesome too.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does it bother anyone else that we have such great gym-leader designs now, yet we might only see them once or twice in the game? I really really hope GF adds some back stories or side-quests that allow you to learn more about the characters. Especially guys like Sidney and Phoebe.

If I remember correctly, Emerald did have the gym-rematches. Which could work if, the more times you rematch, the more their dialogue changes you learn personal things about them, and you kinda become their friends.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Emerald did have a sort of phone where you could call Gym Leaders to rematch them, I believe it was called Match Call. It would be great if they included that feature to call the Gym Leaders to battle them again. I actually hope they do something like in HeartGold and SoulSilver, where the Gym Leaders can be found and talked to at certain spots across the region instead of just in their gym all the time. I think HGSS did a great job of that and it was a great way to make the Gym Leaders feel like actual characters, instead of just bosses.

And yeah, the new looks are such killer designs that it would be a real shame to only see them once or twice throughout the game.

working on a shiny numel just for these games and also because I have so many stupid numels on my threadXD. I would not be surprised if there were a mega sharpedo and mega camerupt because those are archie and Maxie's aces on there teams.

working on a shiny numel just for these games and also because I have so many stupid numels on my threadXD. I would not be surprised if there were a mega sharpedo and mega camerupt because those are archie and Maxie's aces on there teams.
Yeah, and on their designs there are mega stones (or so I heard)

Based on Emerald alone, I could see Ho-Oh and Lugia being present (Naval Rock), as well as Deoxys, Mew, and Latios.

Have the beast trio roam in a similar manner to XY's birds and put Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber once you obtain all three Regis. That should do it for legends.

There is already going to be that Moonblast Jirachi event so that covers that, too.

Edit: I'm also hoping we get gym leader rematches like we did in Emerald, and that this time around the E4 will get stronger like FRLG/HGSS. It was difficult to raise pokemon in RS without these features.

Based on Emerald alone, I could see Ho-Oh and Lugia being present (Naval Rock), as well as Deoxys, Mew, and Latios.

Have the beast trio roam in a similar manner to XY's birds and put Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber once you obtain all three Regis. That should do it for legends.

There is already going to be that Moonblast Jirachi event so that covers that, too.

Edit: I'm also hoping we get gym leader rematches like we did in Emerald, and that this time around the E4 will get stronger like FRLG/HGSS. It was difficult to raise pokemon in RS without these features.
I remember beating ruby for the first time, and I was like, WOOHO and then my friend told me there were 3 legendaries left, but I didnt know where to find the , so I went to EVERY single cave again, and all, and after 2 weeks or so hed tell me that I needed to have a relicanth and a wailord with me to activate the three caves xD

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm Brazilian too and I've got my fair share of Gen IV/V events. Then again, I live in Rio de Janeiro so lol.

I'm expecting another Deoxys event (be it the Birth Island one or a Wondercard distribution), considering I still hold some hope for Team B games (HGSS, BW2, ORAS). We had a Mew event back in HGSS at GS's 10th anniversary, so why not a Deoxys one for Pokémon's 20th?

("because Deoxys isn't a cutemon" to hell with you guys)

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm Brazilian too and I've got my fair share of Gen IV/V events. Then again, I live in Rio de Janeiro so lol.

I'm expecting another Deoxys event (be it the Birth Island one or a Wondercard distribution), considering I still hold some hope for Team B games (HGSS, BW2, ORAS). We had a Mew event back in HGSS at GS's 10th anniversary, so why not a Deoxys one for Pokémon's 20th?

I live in campo grande , MS.. You would imagine that its a cool city , being the capital and all but no. This city has like, 3 tiny game stores,and a few others that only sell games for PS2 lol

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Pft, everyone knows Deoxys is the cutest Mon. Especially Speed Forme since it looks like a Xenomorph.

To be honest, I'd rather have something more grand for the 20th anniversary, like another Origins. Except longer and better.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sorry to disappoint you, but the thing with Event legendaries is that they stay Event legendaries. Mew has never been available in-game, neither has Celebi, and they've been around for literal decades.

Good thing, then, that the events have become more and more Internet based. I live in Norway myself, and had to take a bit of a trek once to get to a mess hall and download a Mew. To date, it remains the only Event legendary I've ever got hold of.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the thing with Event legendaries is that they stay Event legendaries. Mew has never been available in-game, neither has Celebi, and they've been around for literal decades.

Good thing, then, that the events have become more and more Internet based. I live in Norway myself, and had to take a bit of a trek once to get to a mess hall and download a Mew. To date, it remains the only Event legendary I've ever got hold of.
Well actually Mew was available when you deposited 1000 Pokemon on my Pokemon ranch and Celebi I believe was available in one of the Gamecube titles. They are spin off games though and we never saw event legendaries as normal legendaries in main series Pokemon games.

Due to lack of interaction between gen 2 and gen 3, Lugia and Ho-oh were event exclusive in the core games for 5 plus years; all of gen 3 and until HGSS in gen 4. They were in the GameCube titles but if we're counting spinoffs, I believe you can get a darkrai in one of the Ranger games

Well actually Mew was available when you deposited 1000 Pokemon on my Pokemon ranch and Celebi I believe was available in one of the Gamecube titles. They are spin off games though and we never saw event legendaries as normal legendaries in main series Pokemon games.
And Jirachi was available at Box, and Deoxys, Darkrai, and Manaphy on the Ranger series, and Shaymin through tweaking, and based on that logic Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo (and Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa, but those aren't even available by event) are the only true "event" Pokemon

Due to lack of interaction between gen 2 and gen 3, Lugia and Ho-oh were event exclusive in the core games for 5 plus years; all of gen 3 and until HGSS in gen 4. They were in the GameCube titles but if we're counting spinoffs, I believe you can get a darkrai in one of the Ranger games
I'd be all for event Pokemon being a lot less based on real life "events" but maybe in game ones instead. There are ways to make obtaining them possible but still much harder than typical legondaries. But I think this comes down to another money thing. Having controlled distribution of a few Pokemon gives them a lot more chances to advertise and create hype. "Were you on the fence abut purchasing Pokebank? Well there's a Celebi in it for you too." If you live in Japan it helps them sell movie tickets as well. I think they want to generally maintain a tiny set of Pokemon that the typical player can't get whenever they please, for the sake of promoting their franchise. Sure we can get Jirachi from Ranger or Mew from Ranch. But even now, let alone 5 years from now, a lot fewer people have those things and they are still fairly rare Pokemon that a lot of people are depending on events to obtain.

And BTW, I want to quickly let it be know that my Diamond Version is, to date, the only non-gen 1 game I completed the Pokedex in. And as is being said that meant I actually had to play through a ton of spin off games to get stuff like Ho-Oh and the Johto Starters. Half a year after I completed the dex (excluding 2 or 3 events) they announced HGSS and I was legitimately bummed. lol

Speaking of events, does anyone have any ideas about the remaining unrevealed Pokémon (Hoopa and Volcanion)? If I recall correctly, event Pokémon are usually revealed before the newer games come out (although I could be totally wrong there, since I only really remember Gen V). Do you think that one of these Pokémon (Volcanion comes to mind, thanks to its Fire/Water type) could be an event exclusively for ORAS?

Speaking of events, does anyone have any ideas about the remaining unrevealed Pokémon (Hoopa and Volcanion)? If I recall correctly, event Pokémon are usually revealed before the newer games come out (although I could be totally wrong there, since I only really remember Gen V). Do you think that one of these Pokémon (Volcanion comes to mind, thanks to its Fire/Water type) could be an event exclusively for ORAS?
Hopefully, we talked a little bit about Hoopa before with regard to mirage island, but based on the sort of fire vs water, volcanoes-and-sea atmosphere of Hoenn, Volcanion seems more likely as an event during ORAS. If this whole "4 more blue pentagons" thing pans out the way we expect then some combination of none, one, or both of them could be coming out in gen VI games after ORAS instead. So it's not strictly a given yet. But it would be cool to get at least one of them soon.

With the exception of Meloetta (who got paired up with Keldeo's movie in a short), event legendaries are staggered by a year at a time.
By virtue of this they're almost always going to be revealed prior to a game, but the scheduling means we can get cases like now where we still need 2 of them before ORAS
eg: Manaphy had to be prior to DP, Darkrai before Platinum, Shaymin JUST before Platinum, Arceus before HGSS

So while I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own events (eg: if you took your Arceus to various places in Sinnoh you got backstory, if you took it to the unown ruins you got that special event), I doubt they'll be exclusive to any given game.
Not that it really matters, it's not like they do old-fashioned events anymore.

If anything, I'd be all for a Jirachi and Deoxys event leading up to ORAS as I have technically "completed" the pokedex in Y barring Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, and Meloetta. Isn't there an upcoming Diancie event as well?

IIRC Arceus was revealed on Platinum/Jotho Remakes because of a Togepi using Judgment through Metronome. So that's something. And don't forget Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)