Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Tate and Liza are the odd ones out. Neither in R/S nor in Emerald do we see any Pokémon on their teams that have gotten a Mega thus far. Only in the PWT does Liza field a Gardevoir. I don't know if this fact works against the theory of Megas in Gym Leader rematches, or supports the theory that some other Psychic Pokémon will receive a Mega. I can neither see Claydol, Hypno nor Xatu get one any time soon.
Solrock and Lunatone are still my personal most preferred and hoped for "dark horse" megas. (maybe I should call them now too so that I can link this post when they're announced, lol)

Everyone was so upset about the E4 having megas like 50 pages ago, and now we're getting so many more megas we're here, at the gym leaders having them, haha (I guess cause a gym leader signature monster went mega) tbh I don't really se this being a thing unless it's their mains though. I think Probopas, Hariyama, Torkaol, Slaking, Solrock/Lunatone, and Milotic all need to have megas before they would do this. Milotic is the only one of those most people deem "likely" but I can see Torkoal (or the celestial stones) pulling it off too. The one that seems just crazy unlikely is Slaking. I'd like it. I'd be fine with it. Hell lets give all those Pokemon megas. But I also doubt it'll happen.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'd say the twin leaders probably both mega (lunatone and solrock seem the most likely if this happens)
Thing is, they wouldn't be able to use them both in the same battle. Given how rarely you actually battle the Gym Leaders, giving both their Pokémon Megas would kind of be a waste.
Of course, you could have one of them evolve in OR and the other in AS, but even that seems a little farfetched.

Thing is, they wouldn't be able to use them both in the same battle. Given how rarely you actually battle the Gym Leaders, giving both their Pokémon Megas would kind of be a waste.
Of course, you could have one of them evolve in OR and the other in AS, but even that seems a little farfetched.
I don't really know how it would be a "waste" since you yourself will now have to option of getting to use both those possible megas in the games and battling others, I do like the idea that each version would have one or the other as the gym mega (it would be a really obvious set of stones to make version exclusive)

But also in Multi-battles online all 4 trainers get one mega evolution each. In a 2 on 1 double battle the side with 2 trainers would be able to get 2 mega evolutions. (There's no real president obviously but) the "reason" you only get one mega evolution per battle is 'cause it wears out your keystone which needs to recharge it's mega energy (or something like that) so when there are two trainers each with their own key stone they get two megas.

Of course the speculation here is just that the gym leaders have a mega when you rematch them, I don't think anyone expects them to have them the first go around. Also I'm not gonna bother but we can do the thing we did with the E4 and pull up all the revised art and make a point of noting how none of them seemingly have key stones on their person as a possible argument against this entire speculation.

Slaking can't have a mega. The only possible way for it to happen would be taking out his Truant, and giving 100 more points for a non-truant Pokémon with the same BST as Guardians is a direct call to Overpowerness. I'd rather face Mega Kanga in a Gym battle than a Mega Slaking.

Slaking can't have a mega. The only possible way for it to happen would be taking out his Truant, and giving 100 more points for a non-truant Pokémon with the same BST as Guardians is a direct call to Overpowerness. I'd rather face Mega Kanga in a Gym battle than a Mega Slaking.
My point exactly.
The one that seems just crazy unlikely is Slaking.
He could have a Mega still with Truant or maybe with Slow Start or something but yeah.... when they give him a mega (if they ever do) they'll have to be really careful cause that ability is the difference between NU and possible Ubers.

EDIT: Slaking is such a strange alternative Pokemon in the first place. Sort of the experimental thing they did with the fact Pokemon had abilities starting 3rd gen. His base stats are an exception among non legendary Pokemon even 3 gens of power creep later, but they actually aren't anything of an exception among megas. Everyone will jump on me for saying this, because we all know there's no way gamefreak will ever break a president they've set, but I could see Slaking being this interesting exception mega where mega evolving doesn't increase its stats but does give it a good ability (and possible Fighting type addition like Loppuny)

On the other hand Slaking himself is all about being way too powerful for his own good but way too lazy to actually do anything with his power. So taking away truant is sort of a betrayal of his "character"

Last edited:
My point exactly. He could have a Mega still with Truant or maybe with Slow Start or something but yeah.... when they give him a mega (if they ever do) they'll have to be really careful cause that ability is the difference between NU and possible Ubers.
Slaking wuld be so cool if something skill swapped that ability out of him lol

No, instead of a mega stone, they should just create an item that cancels out the ability of the pokemon holding it, sort of like a reverse Klutz. Slaking (and Regigigas and Archeops) already has high enough stats, just a God awful ability, and would likely benefit from holding it, and it could be detrimental on a Trick user. Just throwing the concept out there.

Well, even without Egg Moves, I believe there's still a chance that Cosplaychu will get Volt Tackle via Move Relearner, because this is Pikachu we're talking about. One day we'll wake up and it will have Bolt Strike.

Also, what about this:
Mega Slaking (Normal)
150 HP (+0) / 190 Atk (+30) / 110 Def (+10) / 95 SpAtk (+0) / 75 SpDef (+10) / 150 Spd (+50)
Ability: Stall

Well, even without Egg Moves, I believe there's still a chance that Cosplaychu will get Volt Tackle via Move Relearner, because this is Pikachu we're talking about. One day we'll wake up and it will have Bolt Strike.

Also, what about this:
Mega Slaking (Normal)
150 HP (+0) / 190 Atk (+30) / 110 Def (+10) / 95 SpAtk (+0) / 75 SpDef (+10) / 150 Spd (+50)
Ability: Stall
Kiga's idea is much less broken

So total topic flip, but I was thinking, we have a few different water megas but we have none that are based on fish. I'd actually really like to see a mega fish Pokemon becasue fish are just cool in general. I think one that's pretty popular and everyone wishes was better is Lumineon but I would also be really up for seeing a Mega Seaking or a Mega Relicanth. (I think people usualy like Lanturn too)

Right now the closest hing we have is that one guy that was a fish but then turned into a sea serpent and then reverted back into a shrimp...

Idk, I'd love to get some more ground type mega evolutions (Dragon and Steel and Fairy getting all the love is getting silly and I don't need to re-mention my love for Mega Camerupt).

Also did anyone else feel that for what was labeled as mega evolution reveals that it was a bit lacking? Idk why, but I felt as if they were gonna do what they had done last year and reveal several at once by how serebii called it. Course three is fine but it might just be wanting to know more info is all.

Idk, I'd love to get some more ground type mega evolutions (Dragon and Steel and Fairy getting all the love is getting silly and I don't need to re-mention my love for Mega Camerupt).

Also did anyone else feel that for what was labeled as mega evolution reveals that it was a bit lacking? Idk why, but I felt as if they were gonna do what they had done last year and reveal several at once by how serebii called it. Course three is fine but it might just be wanting to know more info is all.
(not counting the game release) The most they reveled at once was the time they announced mega evolutions the concept and reveled 6 (Absol, Lucario, Ampharos, Mawile, Blazekin, and Mewtwo Y) and at the point we had all seen Mewtwo Y but we didn't know it was a mega just like some form or evolution or something. So we were kind of only given 5 in a sense. But I think that's kind of the expectation most people had when we heard the term "mega scoop" and why we were all disappointing when we got about half as many. Also Salamnece was just like, we all knew that was coming, so it almost felt like we got 2, haha. But yeah, still, 3 aint bad...

(oh and in addition to ground and Fish Pokemon I wouldn't mind seeing Plant Pokemon get a little more mega love too, Mega Roserade? Mega Vuileplume or Jumpluff?)

We got one in like two months, then 3 on one months. I'm satisfied

(not counting the game release) The most they reveled at once was the time they announced mega evolutions the concept and reveled 6 (Absol, Lucario, Ampharos, Mawile, Blazekin, and Mewtwo Y) and at the point we had all seen Mewtwo Y but we didn't know it was a mega just like some form or evolution or something. So we were kind of only given 5 in a sense. But I think that's kind of the expectation most people had when we heard the term "mega scoop" and why we were all disappointing when we got about half as many. Also Salamnece was just like, we all knew that was coming, so it almost felt like we got 2, haha. But yeah, still, 3 aint bad...

(oh and in addition to ground and Fish Pokemon I wouldn't mind seeing Plant Pokemon get a little more mega love too, Mega Roserade? Mega Vuileplume or Jumpluff?)
Mega Rose? YES PLEASE!

Solrock and Lunatone are still my personal most preferred and hoped for "dark horse" megas. (maybe I should call them now too so that I can link this post when they're announced, lol)

Everyone was so upset about the E4 having megas like 50 pages ago, and now we're getting so many more megas we're here, at the gym leaders having them, haha (I guess cause a gym leader signature monster went mega) tbh I don't really se this being a thing unless it's their mains though. I think Probopas, Hariyama, Torkaol, Slaking, Solrock/Lunatone, and Milotic all need to have megas before they would do this. Milotic is the only one of those most people deem "likely" but I can see Torkoal (or the celestial stones) pulling it off too. The one that seems just crazy unlikely is Slaking. I'd like it. I'd be fine with it. Hell lets give all those Pokemon megas. But I also doubt it'll happen.
Well, it's probably due to the E4 not being story important to get a mega, also this happening years before XY which is when regular people like NPCs knew about them. It wouldn't be unique if they gave it to every trainer imo.

If there was a thread just for speculating about Mega Evolutions that may come, probably a tenth of all these recent posts would be moved there. Not that speculating is ever a bad thing. c:

Back on track, it pains me to see how weak those horde-grunts were. I think someone may have said this, but they'll be more along the lines of Exp grinds than serious battles. More so for Pokemon that get earthquake/surf around the middle of the game (looking at you, Swampert) than Sceptile and like.

I have to say that i'm most excited about megalopunny. There's quite a bit to say about it.

I was ecstatic when I realized that normal/fighting with scrappy allows her to have perfect coverage with two moveslots, which in turn would allow her to continue her role as an excellent disabler until she needs to smash some heads. That sort of utility is the sort of thing I crave in a mon (the fact that I hatched a nearly perfect, shiny, jolly one way back in diamond helps just a bit).

Unfortunately, most of that utility comes from klutz/switcheroo, which isn't an option if you plan on megavolving. She's fast, so thunder wave is also fairly useless. On top of that, she doesn't learn close combat, or even hi-jump kick; the best she has for a fighting stab is drain punch or regular old jump kick (which isn't really that bad).

She still learns encore and magic coat, which could make her a semi-decent anti-lead until its time to break skulls.

I'd say she could be successful with all-out offense for her megalution, something along the lines of jump kick/power-up punch/return/ice punch, but this feels outclassed.

It's dumb that she doesn't learn u-turn or taunt.

I guess charm with cute charm could really mess up physical attackers, but there is way too much RNG going on there and relying on hax is dumb. If that strat worked, it would have been done the last two gens.

This is going to require alot of testing, which is something i'm pretty psyched for. I've always liked lopunny for some reason.

As for the other two, megasala just looks too stupid. Non-functioning wings make it impossible to stand, and yet it has legs, the back set of which strangely don't get tucked in like the first set. Dumb dumb dumb. Altaria on the other hand looks great and is great, but there's not much question what to do with it.

I know I'm probably the only one who would even see this but I think I like Mega Lopunny's design so much because it has some similarities with another androgynous person I love

Last edited:
Idk if it's come up yet but I was looking at the CoroCoro scans in depth and on the Feebas/Milotic page

What is that? Is that part of a page we've already seen or... Mega Milotic lol? (because I really want to think it's Mega Milotic due to colorscheme/subtle differences in face+head)

I have to say that i'm most excited about megalopunny. There's quite a bit to say about it.

I was ecstatic when I realized that normal/fighting with scrappy allows her to have perfect coverage with two moveslots, which in turn would allow her to continue her role as an excellent disabler until she needs to smash some heads. That sort of utility is the sort of thing I crave in a mon (the fact that I hatched a nearly perfect, shiny, jolly one way back in diamond helps just a bit).

Unfortunately, most of that utility comes from klutz/switcheroo, which isn't an option if you plan on megavolving. She's fast, so thunder wave is also fairly useless. On top of that, she doesn't learn close combat, or even hi-jump kick; the best she has for a fighting stab is drain punch or regular old jump kick (which isn't really that bad).

She still learns encore and magic coat, which could make her a semi-decent anti-lead until its time to break skulls.

I'd say she could be successful with all-out offense for her megalution, something along the lines of jump kick/power-up punch/return/ice punch, but this feels outclassed.

It's dumb that she doesn't learn u-turn or taunt.

I guess charm with cute charm could really mess up physical attackers, but there is way too much RNG going on there and relying on hax is dumb. If that strat worked, it would have been done the last two gens.

This is going to require alot of testing, which is something i'm pretty psyched for. I've always liked lopunny for some reason.

As for the other two, megasala just looks too stupid. Non-functioning wings make it impossible to stand, and yet it has legs, the back set of which strangely don't get tucked in like the first set. Dumb dumb dumb. Altaria on the other hand looks great and is great, but there's not much question what to do with it.
Hey, I'm lovein your excitement. If you're bored then it might be worth your while to go back 20 or so pages and sift through posts to see what else has been said 'cause a lot on M-Loppuny has been discussed. But I'll fill you in on some speculations and predictions be made based on what we know. For starters the translations from the corocoro scans have all but confirmed High Jump Kick WILL be in Loppuny's movepool come ORAS. which is really exciting because as you've said Return and High Jump Kick will be powerful STAB moves with perfect neutral coverage on the whole game.

Loppuny is base 105 speed but only base 76 attack and M-Loppuny is going to have "A large atk increase and a spd increase" most people are ball parking this to be around +50 atk and +20 spd. Likely this means Loppuny will be in a very very favorable speed tier and have enough power to at least compliment it's new STAB and attack coverage (the higher BP STABS help make up a little for what will likely be a good but not great atk stat by OU standards)

As you said Klutz/Switcheroo sets are pointless for a mega. Mega Loppuny is basically the death of that set as Loppuny will likely jump up 2 or so tiers in usage now and that set was barely viable in NU (so like no one will be using Loppuny unless it's mega basically) Cute Charm is just a balls ability that is pretty bad on everything cause it requires you to get hit to sometimes activate and then randomly mess with the enemy maybe. So Limber is deff gonna be the ability of choice since it lets Loppuny switch into thunder waves before it mega evolves. (not a whole lot of utility but it's more than Klutz or Cute Charm provide)

For now a kind of "expected" to be good set for M-Loppuny looks like this:

Loppuny (f) @ Loppunite
Limbre/Srappy
Jolly
252 atk/252 spd/ 4 def
Fake Out/ *Support Move*
*Support Move*/ Elemental Punch
Return/ Facade
High Jump Kick

(I'm not building that like a normal write up with OO so don't harass me too much on slashes guys, lol)
Fake Out flinches everything including ghosts so it gives you a free turn to mega evolve on things that are faster than you. That's not totally necessary since 105 is already a decent speed but it also just gives nice STAB chimp damage to everything when Loppy switches in throughout the battle (and aids with revenge killing, beating weakened priority users, etc.)
Return > Facade in most situations but it's nice to not have to worry about burns. High Jump Kick is the most powerful attack but a little risky, still you can spam it way easier and laugh at ghosts who die to it now.
The elemental punches aren't required by a long shot but you can always grab them for extra SE coverage on random things you might not like dealing with on your team.
And then you can fill in *support move* with one (or two) of many options. The most interesting of which are likely Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Magic Coat and Encore. (which can make M-Loppuny do extra things like anti-lead or cleric or who knows)

This set is not going to be sweeping. M-Loppuny's main role is going to be acting like a "cleaner" and revenge killer as well as a check to some things. Sort of like a physical version of M-Manectric that replaces the utility of intimidates and switch priority with better coverage and whatever support option your picking.

Alternatively a full on offensive Power-Up Punch "sweeper" set like you listed could be viable too. I wouldn't only expect it to be if M-Loppuny is OU though (which a lot of people expect it won't be anyways, and a Pokemon with 125ish speed, +1 130ish atk and unresisted STAB coverage can definitely pull off some sweeping in tiers below OU that aren't half as plagued with priority and A-list walls.)

I actually think that's the full summary of what people (or at least I) are expecting for Mega Loppuny. (maybe no need to go back those 20 pages after all. Unless your curious about speculation on the other megas, I actually think it's a little not obvious what to do with Alteria, depending on how it's extra stats pan out it could be a dragon dancer or a support/wall, and likely it will have viable sets for both option)
Idk if it's come up yet but I was looking at the CoroCoro scans in depth and on the Feebas/Milotic page

What is that? Is that part of a page we've already seen or... Mega Milotic lol? (because I really want to think it's Mega Milotic due to colorscheme/subtle differences in face+head)
I think we're pretty confident at this point that Mega Milotic wasn't reveled in this Corocoro. That page was just about contest related stuff and Feebas's "return" to it's old evolution mechanic. The image you've posted looks like a blurry shot of the crease between two pages where some Japanese text is meeting up with half of a non mega Loppuny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)