Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yes, the set could be changed, but as far as I know having the air balloon sets as well as other sets wouldn't be possible as it can't have multiple levels for different sets (as far as I know).
Oglemi's article about Random Battles said:
Finally, remembering to look at levels is of the utmost importance when dealing with Serperior, as the set changes dramatically based on level. If it's level 74, you're dealing with the significantly more dangerous Contrary Leaf Storm Serperior, while a level 86 Serperior is extremely fast by Randbats standards and is likely a SubSeed set. Levels signify the relative damage output the opponent is going to be capable of.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can we know whether or not an opposing Pokemon is holding an item or not? In XY Team Preview, you are shown which Pokemon are and aren't holding items. It's probably only really significant at Little Cup level, with Fletchling and Archen, but it is being true to the games.

As the lobby now has roomauth, it has been quite confusing to find a global auth to deal with time stalling, pm spamming, and other global issues. I have been asked many times to deal (aka lock) with users, only to have to refer them to a global mod.

I remember that when I first started in LC, I had no idea of the difference of roomauth and global auth. People in the tier rooms who are new to that showdown in general face timestallers on the ladder. They often have no idea who to turn to in that room, specially if they dont know that the "lobby" exists.

I'd like to propose a change in which all global auth are bolded in the user list at the side of each that, regardless of what roomauth you would have in that room. (so zarel would still be bolded even if he is roomvoice in the lobby). This could help distinguish the globals from the roomauth in the lobby, and also helps with the other tier rooms, to help users know who to turn to. (of course this would need something like /faq bold)

[i guess this change can simply be made so that the bolding is done to the list of global auth, instead of both global auth and roomauth, with the roomauth taking precedence]

As the lobby now has roomauth, it has been quite confusing to find a global auth to deal with time stalling, pm spamming, and other global issues. I have been asked many times to deal (aka lock) with users, only to have to refer them to a global mod.

I remember that when I first started in LC, I had no idea of the difference of roomauth and global auth. People in the tier rooms who are new to that showdown in general face timestallers on the ladder. They often have no idea who to turn to in that room, specially if they dont know that the "lobby" exists.

I'd like to propose a change in which all global auth are bolded in the user list at the side of each that, regardless of what roomauth you would have in that room. (so zarel would still be bolded even if he is roomvoice in the lobby). This could help distinguish the globals from the roomauth in the lobby, and also helps with the other tier rooms, to help users know who to turn to. (of course this would need something like /faq bold)

[i guess this change can simply be made so that the bolding is done to the list of global auth, instead of both global auth and roomauth, with the roomauth taking precedence]
Hmm, so to get this right, is this saying that like roomauths in Lobby don't get bolded to signify they're not global? But like the usual global %, @, &, ~ still do, but roomauths just get like %sparkychild versus %Redew?

A way to distinguish global auth from room auth is currently under discussion by global staff and an outcome should hopefully be decided upon soon.

Hmm, so to get this right, is this saying that like roomauths in Lobby don't get bolded to signify they're not global? But like the usual global %, @, &, ~ still do, but roomauths just get like %sparkychild versus %Redew?
yeah thats what i was suggesting, but i guess they've already come up (coming up) with a solution as Trickster said

Hey i would like to suggest new avatars for PS i personally would like to have the Elite Four of Hoenn you know.. Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake because of the upcomming pokemon game coming out i think it would be appropriate.

Weebl

Hey!

Would all this include global voices as well? I don't see a reason for voices to be included.

yeah if global voices would also be in there the roomdriver thing would still be confusing n_n

Another point is that I had a suggestion but because I wanted to read the other suggestions I forgot it >:O

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Could we add some more information to this please?
'Boosts the user's Attack and Sp. Atk by 1. If Sunny Day or Drought has been used it is by 2.'

Unless for some reason it can't fit in I see no reason why this can't happen, thank you!

My suggestion is to predict the ORAS megas' stats (like when xy was still in the making), but only in custom. Because people are excited for ORAS and I'm pretty sure all of us (mega fans) would like to try them out right now.
That's not really possible =/ predicting stats wouldn't really be fair in a sense and it's better to just wait for the actual stats to release. It's better to have the actual stats over theoretical stats because that way we can thoroughly analyze it and the theoretical stats would probably be more opinion based and not everyone would be happy with them.

Um hey, i found something.
you know how in Battles, Chat, PMs where they censored the words "(BAN ME PLEASE)" and "(BAN ME PLEASE)"

Well if you put the chat to private it doesn't censor the words, so you don't get "meanie" and "poopyhead"!

you know how in Battles, Chat, PMs where they censored the words "(BAN ME PLEASE)" and "(BAN ME PLEASE)"

Well if you put the chat to private it doesn't censor the words, so you don't get "meanie" and "poopyhead"!
As far as I know, private chat doesn't follow PS! Rules, which explains why they wouldn't be censored.

wow it censores them in the smogon forums to "BAN ME PLEASE" .-.

Room Name: American Football
Which Type: Public/ Official
Suspected Number Of Users: 90-25 during season, 50-25 offseason
Reason: A lot of people talk about American Football, and even though there is a sports room, American Football is the main topic during the football season. But they also have a video game room and a SmashBros room too, so I don't see why it's bad. Also it would be a fun room and it would be pretty cool :3

-Loudstar

Weebl

Hey!
Room Name: American Football
Which Type: Public/ Official
Suspected Number Of Users: 90-25 during season, 50-25 offseason
Reason: A lot of people talk about American Football, and even though there is a sports room, American Football is the main topic during the football season. But they also have a video game room and a SmashBros room too, so I don't see why it's bad. Also it would be a fun room and it would be pretty cool :3

-Loudstar
Hey, you should post a room suggestion in the private forum "Room Suggestions." Make sure you read this thread, as all the details are mentioned there. :)

This thread is 99 pages long so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the last 30 seconds on the battle timer didn't give an update every 10 seconds, I think less people would stall. I've noticed a lot of people stalling and waiting for the last 10 seconds to be announced then counting to like 5-8 then choosing their move. If the timer stopped giving updates at 30 seconds they would have to guess when it's up and might miss it, or at the very least put their move in earlier than 3 mins.

NOTE: this is not changing the 3 min timer, just how it is displayed in the battle chat.

We should implement the new megas that have their stats, typing and abilities confirmed (Swampert, Sceptile, Steelix, Glalie, and maybe others), and at least allow them in metas like BH where unreleased stuff can be used.

We should implement the new megas that have their stats, typing and abilities confirmed (Swampert, Sceptile, Steelix, Glalie, and maybe others), and at least allow them in metas like BH where unreleased stuff can be used.
It's better to wait until the release of ORAS so we can get the sprites, as well as get the stats of all of the Megas in one shot, but it would be cool to see those anyway.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If anyone's ever had the problem where they check their rank with /rank on PS!, they'll understand how much it floods their chat. Although this might not be necessary, it'd be helpful to have something to parse out a rank in individual tiers with something like /rank [player], OU, UU, Ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)