Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed some talk several pages back, but is there a reason no one is talking about greninja? I mean sure the mega speed creep slightly hinders him, but with the addition of gunk shot he literally just turned his reliable switchins from 3 to 1, now he is just immensely more dangerous.
There's a separate thread for new tutor moves; most of the Ninja conversation can be found there

mega slowbro is very underrated as it can set up on almost anything. this is propably wrong, but what can crobro do to lapras?
It doesn't matter what it can or cannot do to Lapras. Lapras is extremely unviable in OU. Lapras can't particularly do much back other than Freeze Dry, which, after a Calm Mind, will do next to nothing unless you're Specs.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Bluwing I am hesitant on the effectiveness of non-Scarf Keldeo in this metagame which is my only qualm with the specific set for that core (Metagross + Keldeo) that you brought up. Outspeeding Greninja as an offensive check to it is pretty crucial, as is outspeeding stuff like Beedrill, Lopunny, and Sceptile that again it can actually serve as a soft check to, which is very needed on offense.
none off these pokemon beats keldeo by it's own except lopunny with fake out and sceptile needs leaf storm, greninja doesn't run extrasensory because it can't fit it. also remember this is a core off two pokemon, checking the aforementioned pokemon is not hard at all as you have 4 more slots to go, as ou has a lot off pokemon to deal with the new threats (except mence which is broken af). so i can't really see how non-scarf keldeo shouldn't work, but i guess time will show..

Holy shit... Mega Diancie is good as fuck. It has ridiculous speed, an incredible ability, near perfect coverage, and amazing bulk. This is without a doubt an A+ tier Pokemon at least. There is practically nothing in the tier that isn't bent over and brutally penetrated by this thing.
Well I wouldn't go so far as ranking yet but I wouldn't say that its offenses, while good, are that great simply by the merit that you have to run mixed in order to be effective. Without an ability or item to boost it further it does fall short at times but it is still good enough to 2OHKO in general, meaning it is a wonderful late game clean up. Especially since its defense can afford it to stomach priority, outside of CB AJ or Bullet Punch obviously.

Next to MMence I find MDiancie to the next best mix attacker, which is certainly a compliment. Still going mixed is largely a double edged sword it has its pros and cons, since you will need to invest significantly enough to nab crucial 2OHKO on either spectrum so you need to decide which offense best suits your team and invest accordingly.

But but why would you use that over mega Mence?
Plus Scizor and megaGross tho, there are more steels in OU then there are Ice Shard users for mega Mence plus mega can sweep teams by itself and then think about Pinsir on steroids, so mega Mence OP af ban me please
Cuz not everyone wants to use Mence :P Though in all seriousness I use Diancie over Mence because ironically it is a good check to mence, use base form to take down or cripple Mence. Its mega form helps to keep pressure against Mence prior to MEVOing since it is one mon that his Intimidate won't help against, thanks to being mixed, as STAB moonblast can pick him off.

As for steels... Heatran isn't really an issue while Scizor/Metagross are easily dealt with by Rotom-W or Talonflame. Granted I'll give you Ferothorn but again he isn't exactly difficult to deal with, as he is much more predictable than the aforementioned steels.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
All these mega evolutions are ridiculously fast. Most of the offensive ones are 110+ base speed. This is really going to throw OU into a loop and make it difficult for offensive teams to check all these fast-ass mofos. I don't think gamefreak always appreciates the implications of their actions...

Let's see here:
140+ base speed: Sceptile, Beedrill, (Sharpedo and Swampert fall into this category for the most part as well)
120+ base speed: Salamence, Lopunny, Pidgeot
110 base speed: Diancie, Gallade, Metagross, Latios, Latias

That makes 10 (12 if you count Sharpedo or Swampert) massively powerful Pokemon with speed stats that match speed demons like Gengar or Latis. This is gonna be annoying for team building.

Last edited:
All these mega evolutions are ridiculously fast. Most of the offensive ones are 110+ base speed. This is really going to throw OU into a loop and make it difficult for offensive teams to check all these fast-ass mofos. I don't think gamefreak always appreciates the implications of their actions...

Let's see here:
140+ base speed: Sceptile, Beedrill, (Sharpedo and Swampert fall into this category for the most part as well)
This will just prompt priority to re-enter the metagame, like in early XYOU. Expect to see more life orb/banded ice shards coming from weavile and mamoswine.

Talonflame will stay very relevant as its STABs screw over most of the new megas aside from diancie

Even CB bullet punch scizor is probably going to make a come back.

I don't remember which I dislike more, being unable to stop a speedy sweeper, or unable to break past priority XD

Let's see here:

That makes 10 (12 if you count Sharpedo or Swampert) massively powerful Pokemon with speed stats that match speed demons like Gengar or Latis. This is gonna be annoying for team building.
I know it probably sounds silly, but I kind of like that. Pokemon is at the point where there's so many viable combinations that you can't possibly prepare for everything. It'll make for a really interesting ladder when mega-broken is gone, and there's already been a significantly more amount of diverse teams (at least in my experience) when laddering thus far. Tactical sacking is definitely going to come into play more than ever.

Let's see here:

Yeah but you can only use 1 of them per match, the new teams wont have them all at same time and except for diancie and agility megacross they all get checked by banded bravebird.

Lol whoops I just saw this

Hey Josh Morales, you keep touting that spread, but I actually think it's really suboptimal. You should really be running at least enough Speed EVs (plus a Naive nature) in order to outspeed Mega Lopunny. This is pretty crucial and not sure why you would want to forfeit Speed for some arbitrary amount of higher power. I also wouldn't bother running so much Attack to nab a guaranteed OHKO on Heatran, I mean 76 Atk Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 320-380 (83.1 - 98.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock this is fine and dropping Special Attack is a silly forfeit.

Another set I think is cool on Mega Sceptile is Sub + 3 Attacks with Giga Drain and Focus Blast. Many offensive teams focus on revenge killing to beat it, so Subbing up can be really destructive. Also helps vs Bisharp which can be a pain. Obvious downside is being forced to run Focus Blast but the premise of the set is pretty cool, Giga plus a few HP EVs gives it a little longevity too.

One thing I've found is that it really benefits from Healing Wish support from the likes of Latias and Jirachi are mainly what I'm talking about. That allows you to play it so much more aggressively and on the whole makes it way more effective.
I disagree from my experience, but I don't normally use frail hyper offense teams that can't switch into MLop, I prefer standard offense or even BO or balanced depending on what I just-so-happened to end up constructing while building particular team. It normally depends around what mon I build my team and of what I see fit first. Anyhow, I prefer my spread since my teams always have a way to comfortably deal with Mega Lopunny so I've never had a problem with it at all. It would be nice to outspeed MLop and hit it up with a Leaf Storm, but I do fine with switching into something that walls it and then pulling a double to get momentum back. I also do have an alternative spread listed if you missed it; that one outspeeds MLop and if you don't want to guarantee OHKOing Tran you can take some evs from Atk and fully invest in SpA and still have some Atk evs. I, personally, like my set with the 136 Atk evs as I hate hax and don't want to risk having to take a Lava Plume due to bad luck, in fact, I've actually lost a match before when I didn't OHKO a Heatran with Mega Sceptile's EQ and had to take a Lava Plume, after that I couldn't beat his last pokemon being Bisharp with Mega Scept(also my last mon) as I couldn't take a Sucker Punch, which I could've if I'd OHKOed the Tran and had kept full health. Don't say that was only one game as I've only played a couple matches with Mega Sceptile. The Sub3attacks set is really cool too, but I despise haxing yourself by using Focus Miss.

I like consistency if you couldn't tell :]

Let's see here:

Well XY gave use Mega Manectric, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Alakazam, Mega Gengar, Mega Pinsir, Mega Houndoom and Mega Lucario, as well as three DDers who have good enough speed tiers for their role. The Lati@s twins haven't changed a whole lot in terms of what checks them, and there are reasonable options for dealing with the base 110 to 120 crowd. Greninja, Talonflame, Raikou, Starmie, non-Mega Lati@s, and Weavile can all compete with the new Megas in that speed range, and there's more on top of that. As for the really fast ones, you handle them the same way you handle Mega Aero and Manectric: Scarfers and priority. Sceptile, Pidgeot and Beedrill don't have great STABs or high defenses, Sharp and Swamp need set up to function correctly, Lopunny and Beedrill have low speed before they evolve. There's nothing really new speed wise that wasn't present in XY towards the beginning.

Another good salamence check is defensive mega T-tar.
252+ Atk Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 93-111 (23 - 27.4%) -- 62.7% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Mega Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 Atk Mega Tyranitar Avalanche vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Salamence: 424-500 (107.8 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ebolaking

Banned deucer.
has anyone ever tried iron defense calm mind mega slowbro? i mean, this would be literally unbreakable since it cant get critted and after you got +2 on both defenses there'll be no way to stop this thing

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

ill just post cores as i keep find them and test them. this fwg core is really cool and works very well, im posting a replay with this core as well to showcase how well sceptile and greninja does vs ho/offense. so basically this core is extremely solid vs all team archetypes as greninja + sceptile is very strong vs ho and bulky offense, then theres taunt tran to deal with stall and more bulky teams in general. what i did with this core was backing it up wiith a voltturn core + spikes to have an easier time vs bulkier teams as heatran usually won't be enough to basically shut these kind off teams down. roar heatran is utilized so subdd mence won't setup on it as well as other dd'ers, while also having the ability to shuffle up hazard damage.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/orasou-178324990

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Another good salamence check is defensive mega T-tar.
252+ Atk Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 93-111 (23 - 27.4%) -- 62.7% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Mega Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 Atk Mega Tyranitar Avalanche vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Salamence: 424-500 (107.8 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In theory Mega Tyranitar works, but you're wasting your Mega slot on a sub-optimal set (Defensive over DD) and a situational move to guarantee the OHKO (Avalanche over Ice Punch). Mega Tyranitar also lacks reliable or even passive recovery, so it's really easy to wear down unless you are going to run Avalache with RestTalk. A Mega Tyranitar with no attack investment is very easy to play around as well. Overall, not a good idea.

ebolaking

Banned deucer.
It's already damn near impossible to break with physical attacks. I'd rather have Ice Beam coverage alongside Scald so MMence doesn't set up in your face.
you have iron defense so at the end of the dance both mence and slowbro are gonna be at +6 but you got cm as a free setup

252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 111-132 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 93.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

145 base atk mence and 180 base def slowbro

+6 0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 234-276 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

130 base satk slowbro and 90 sdef mence

ill just post cores as i keep find them and test them. this fwg core is really cool and works very well, im posting a replay with this core as well to showcase how well sceptile and greninja does vs ho/offense. so basically this core is extremely solid vs all team archetypes as greninja + sceptile is very strong vs ho and bulky offense, then theres taunt tran to deal with stall and more bulky teams in general. what i did with this core was backing it up wiith a voltturn core + spikes to have an easier time vs bulkier teams as heatran usually won't be enough to basically shut these kind off teams down. roar heatran is utilized so subdd mence won't setup on it as well as other dd'ers, while also having the ability to shuffle up hazard damage.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
This is a nice offensive core. Greninja and Sceptile are two of the fastest threats around so it puts crazy pressure no doubt. Rotom-W is also pretty good since it's immune to Earthquake which would be nice.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
I'd suggest switching Greninja's nature to Naive so you can take weaker priority a bit better, but otherwise this looks amazing. Pairing these guys up with Rotom-W like Jaroda said and/or Scarf Lando-T for a Fighting resist would be good also.

the above sceptile core is a nice core indeed, although it's very weak to scarf keldeo (a problem i run into a lot when using a fwg core with sceptile actually). also, as much as i liked/constantly posted the mixedtile set, in practice i do have to admit that the sub + 3 attacks set is definitely sceptile's best. here's a core i've been using that i really like:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Waterfall

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

this core is a massive middle finger to offense. the three have incredible synergy, and the mix of bulk, speed, and power this core brings is often just too much for offensive teams to handle. it is weaker to birdspam than heatran variants (specifically, faster talonflame), so something that can handle birds such as hippowdon/lando-t or raikou is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
the above sceptile core is a nice core indeed, although it's very weak to scarf keldeo (a problem i run into a lot when using a fwg core with sceptile actually). also, as much as i liked/constantly posted the mixedtile set, in practice i do have to admit that the sub + 3 attacks set is definitely sceptile's best. here's core i've been using that i really like:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Waterfall

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

this core is a massive middle finger to offense. the three have incredible synergy, and the mix of bulk, speed, and power this core brings is often just too much for offensive teams to handle. it is weaker to birdspam than heatran variants (specifically, faster talonflame), so something that can handle birds such as hippowdon/lando-t or raikou is greatly appreciated.
I like this core and I'm gonna try it out, but as it is it's kinda weak to Raikou. Talon should run enough speed to get in that Flare Blitz.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I like this core and I'm gonna try it out, but as it is it's kinda weak to Raikou. Talon should run enough speed to get in that Flare Blitz.
Mega Sceptile can beat Raikou if it gets a Lightning Rod boost or 2HKO with Giga Drain is SR is up (HP Ice can't OHKO without boosts), but bumping Talonflame's Speed EVs to 168 to outspeed it might still be a good idea.

EDIT: Forgot about Assault Vest sets, but Giga Drain's healing can let you beat it if SR is up on Raikou's side.

252 SpA Sceptile Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Raikou: 90-106 (28 - 33%) -- 92.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 138-164 (49.1 - 58.3%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

You also check Scarf/Specs locked into anything other than HP Ice and can beat CM if you get a Sub up while it boosts, but it's unlikely.

Last edited:
worth mentioning, although i have a latios on the team use this core in which gives zero shits about raikou but yeah i'll add it in

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Leaf Storm is a nice alternative to Sub, a move that gives Sceptile more utility against balanced teams, letting it get past common utility bulky Pokemon such as Clefable and Mew. Leaf Storm also secures many OHKOes against offensive Pokemon, such as Landorus, Mega Manectric, Mega Diancie, Gyrados (after SR), Mega Gyarados (so you can always revenge kill it after a DD), bulky Landorus-T after two SR rounds, and probably many more. And, if you choose to go with Modest, Leaf Storm becomes even more of a nuke, hitting harder than LO Latias's Draco Meteor. Here are some important calcs:
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- good chance to 2HKO in combination with Giga Drain, sure 2HKO with Modest
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 229-271 (56.6 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO in combination with Dragon Pulse and SR
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 229-271 (69.1 - 81.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 204-241 (73.6 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 309-364 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
But as far as coverage goes, Grass + Dragon + Fighting is usually more than enough, though if you really hate Focus Blast's low accuracy, Earthquake + Hidden Power Fire is a nice alternative.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Leaf Storm is a nice alternative to Sub, a move that gives Sceptile more utility against balanced teams, letting it get past common utility bulky Pokemon such as Clefable and Mew. Leaf Storm also secures many OHKOes against offensive Pokemon, such as Landorus, Mega Manectric, Mega Diancie, Gyrados (after SR), Mega Gyarados (so you can always revenge kill it after a DD), bulky Landorus-T after two SR rounds, and probably many more. And, if you choose to go with Modest, Leaf Storm becomes even more of a nuke, hitting harder than LO Latias's Draco Meteor. Here are some important calcs:
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- good chance to 2HKO in combination with Giga Drain, sure 2HKO with Modest
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 229-271 (56.6 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO in combination with Dragon Pulse and SR
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 229-271 (69.1 - 81.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 204-241 (73.6 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 309-364 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
But as far as coverage goes, Grass + Dragon + Fighting is usually more than enough, though if you really hate Focus Blast's low accuracy, Earthquake + Hidden Power Fire is a nice alternative.
i agree with everything you are saying here, i guess the cores sets and spreads can all be edited to the way your team needs or the way you prefer. coming up with information like this is very good!

Guys, do you think this set will be viable? I don't know if this was already discussed here.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

First of all, this is supposed to be an anti-lead set, capable of dealing with those focus sash users and other leads.

You mega evolve and use fake out, which will do some damage and break the opposing mon's sash. After that, just attack and kill the lead (both stabs are a staple and ice punch is for chomp and landorus), which will be unable to set rocks after that (Lopunny is fast, after all).

It works with Terrakion. PS: these calcs were made with the adapted base stats and evs for the mega form using a Jolly nature).

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 320-378 (99 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (it's guaranteed after FO, and this is the same for al the other examples).

Chomp.

252 Atk Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 356-420 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Offensive balloon Heatran, but this one can actually survive with no hp/def investiment, even after fake out.

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 280-330 (86.6 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

It beats Landy-T, but can't defeat him with only fake out + ice punch, so Landorus will be able to set up rocks. The regular form of Landorus is destoyed.

-1 252 Atk Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 176-208 (46 - 54.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mamoswine.

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 350-414 (96.9 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

It beats spikes Greninja, since it's faster than him after turn one + fake out.

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 408-480 (142.6 - 167.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mew is able to set up rocks, unfortunately.

252 Atk Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ultra super annoying focus sash Breloom 2014 edition is also defeated.

252 Atk Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 207-244 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny: 228-270 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It doesn't stop Clefable.

252 Atk Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 184-217 (46.7 - 55%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lopunny can't stop Ferro unless it uses fire punch (i don't even know if it learns fire punch, but it has the other punches).

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 198-234 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can't beat quick pass Scolipede and screens Klefki. this doesn't need calcs.

Conclusion: Lopunny-M defeats those lovely offensive leads (with rocks, spikes, spore, etc.), but it can't stop defensive leads like Landorus-T and Ferro in two turns. After that, it can kill those mons, but i don't why your opponent would just leave them there unless they are supposed to be defated anyway. Those leads can be stop by fast taunt users, though. The main objective is stopping rocks/spikes from faster, more powerful and less bulky leads.

So, do you guys think this set will be viable? I think it has a niche, but i'd like your opinion. I don't know any pokémon than can fill the same role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)