Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I'm just curious, is facade kind of gimmicky? Or can you ensure you get burned/poisoned in most games? I've been meaning to try out facade mega altaria but I'm skeptical because you're stuck with a 70BP move if you can't get status'd.
Facade isn't the best choice, but it's actually a decent one. The main problem with running it is that Glalie's moveset is kinda restrictive. The most important moves IMO are Ice Shard and Earthquake, which you shouldn't give up. So the question is do you give up your powerful Return/Double-Edge for a spammy yet underwhelming move, or Explosion? I've personally found that giving up Explosion is the best choice, cause if you have Double-Edge you still get power. In terms of getting status'd pretty much every Sableye will go for the burn. Unfortunately, many of the potential burns Glalie can get from weak scalds aren't useful because Glalie is pretty bad vs. water types. I like Facade because it lets me take any Sableye on the enemy team out pretty much, and then have a 140BP move with no drawbacks to abuse for the rest of the game, but honestly it's not the optimal option because the meta isn't really all about whipping out Toxics and Wisps atm.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So small update on some M-Latios testing. I personally prefer bulk > power on M-Latios on more balanced and semi-stall builds unless you need a strong wallbreaker with a ground immunity I guess. This isn't exactly a good replay but there is a few turns that conveys a more specially defensive built M-Latios attacker. Hazard support is generally where this set shines and as such it pairs well with things like Chesnaught/Ferro and Ground Rock setters such as Hippo and Gliscor with answers to bird spam.

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Examples:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-179797946 <-- Turns 25-30 specifically in showing a matchup against Lando-I

Boy I love making these M-Sceptile weak teams btw. Maybe I can make a job out of it lol.
What are some good dance partners for M-Swampert? Swampert is really bringing back the rain offence as not a single pokemon has the same capability as swampert. I looked into seismitoad as a back up to Swampert and found the most disappointing thing that it doesnt have any physical water moves --__-- The best success I've had so far has been Ludicolo. What partners have people been running on their rain teams along with M-Swampert
Ferrothorn, Latias, Kingdra, Tornadus-T, Jirachi more in terms of rain I found are some great partners for it.

After looking through some discussion pages back I played around with M-Swampert outside of rain. Tbh I much rather prefer non rain Swampert because there isn't so much pressure in maintaining rain all the time and fits more efficiently on bulky offense and balanced cores. In tandem with partners such as Magma Storm Heatran, Stallbreaker Mew, Ferrothorn, Clefable, and so on I've been using a set such as this in non rain builds.

Swampert (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Low Kick
- Toxic

Scald is nice cause it gives you a much more concrete answer for Skarmory and Lando-T while Toxic punishes the imminent Slowbro and Rotom-Wash switch ins among adding more general annoyance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)