Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

do you guys want my help with this? i think i'll have a lot of fun with it. but if you don't need help.....
The only requirement for joining this topic is having a shiny charm and some patience. If you have it, welcome joining this research project.
Edit: I see you're following me. Want to become my buddy, friend?

Last edited:
The only requirement for joining this topic is having a shiny charm and some patience. If you have it, welcome joining this research project.
Edit: I see you're following me. Want to become my buddy, friend?
Sure, friend

I have the shiny charm, but not so much patience...... except when it comes to breeding.

OK, I decided that I'll update my progress every day.
Today's progress:
Eggs Hatched: 6
Shinies: 0
I'm using a Kirlia I caught from the friend safari, and a German Ditto mostthe3rd gave me. I didn't get to much breeding, but I guess it's the first step.
EDIT: initial target: 100 eggs

Last edited:
I have been using the Masuda Method to hatch a shiny Vulpix (using my shiny charm) when I stumbled across this forum
Hatched 100 eggs, no shiny

Sorry I hadn't posted in a while. Oh no it isn't because I have a life, no no. Played too much other games lol. Anyhoos I've managed to to 70 more eggs, no shiny to be found yet.

Egg total: 1108
Total shiny: 1(@ #946)

So, here I am for the update of my current breeding:

Eevee eggs
-Hatched: 100
-Shiny: 0

Total eggs hatched so far: 100

Now I will hatch more 100 eggs of Cottonee.

shinnies: 25

Growlithe: #1927th
Pumpkaboo: #2077th
Noibat: #2412th
Houndour: #3035th
Sableye: #4248th
Bagon: #4509th
Sneasel: #4649th
Treecko: #4741st
Mudkip: #4778th
Feebas: #4915th
Feebas: #5142nd
Swablu: #5459th
Bagon: #6748th sheer force
Slowpoke: #7148th
Numel: #7880th
Carvanha:# 8727th
Tyrunt: #8869th
Koffing: #9039th
Weedle: #9322nd
Pidgey: #9334th
Snorunt: #9690th
Onix: #9773rd
Charmander: #10571st
Cottonee: #10627th
Eevee: #10712th
Eevee: (currently working on)

eggs hatched so far: 10716

Added and updated! Welcome to the thread DarthMagikarp85, Eliza94, and Raphael Macedo! Thanx for joining! Congrats everyone we are now at 70% completion of our current goal! I'm working on breeding again. Have 2 boxes to go until I can hatch my current project. I was wondering if we were gonna do the same project for Alpha and Omega? 1 week until it comes out so thought I'd ask so I could get a sheet ready if need be

Added and updated! Welcome to the thread DarthMagikarp85, Eliza94, and Raphael Macedo! Thanx for joining! Congrats everyone we are now at 70% completion of our current goal! I'm working on breeding again. Have 2 boxes to go until I can hatch my current project. I was wondering if we were gonna do the same project for Alpha and Omega? 1 week until it comes out so thought I'd ask so I could get a sheet ready if need be
I'm afraid that i will retire after Pokemon ORAS came out
After all i hatching too many now. At first i only try to get one special shiny Greninja for my team. But i got attract and breeding a lot more

Last edited:
Today's progress:
Total eggs hatched: 31
Shinies: 0
Rate: 0/31
I do have some good news though. While breeding, I got this guy:
Ralts
Lv.1
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Modest Nature
-Growl
-
-
-
Ability: Synchronize

EDIT: Just realized this a few minutes ago.

The 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Ralts was not Modest.

It was Hardy.........

:'(

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'd like to contribute my findings on here. I got the shiny charm a few weeks back and have been breeding poochyena's. I'm doing batches of 330 due to having 11 boxes empty. Batch 1 and 2 both had 2 mightyena's. Male was german.

Batch 1 - no shiny
Batch 2 - 2 shinies. This 1 had an extra egg and the extra egg just so happened to be shiny :)
Batch 3 - 1 shiny -Poochyena
Batch 4 - 3 shinies -Houndour
Batch 5 - 2 shinies -Froakie
Batch 6 - no shiny -Absol

Batch 7 - WIP - Treecko going to switch to batches of 300 cause I'm down a box

1,981 eggs hatched.
8 shiny
Eggs #381, #661, #875, #1081, #1242, #1262, #1401 and #1561 were shiny
Finally have an update lol anyone have a HA female Treecko?

I have a question.
If I bought over my 6IV Japanese Ditto from Platinum to Black, then from Black to X.
Is it still considered Japanese or does it change to my region?

Update my process
Egg hatched: 22398 ( since i will retire soon, i will not wait till my number rounded like before)
Shiny got:44
Personal ratio: 1/509
Newest member: Machop
Current hatch: Flabebe (quite a long time now)

I hate something like this. Even you take your effort to breed it, if you use it in battle, skilled people just say: "Damn Hacker" and if they at disadvantage, will rage quit quick.
Edit: Now i see his list, all his gen 6 pokemon is in impossible ball, too. Why did he do that? Pretty ball is that important?
I'm more towards shiny breeding not a competitve player....and i dun play on battle spot or major tournament too... so y not?

I'm more towards shiny breeding....and i dun play on battle spot or major tournament too... so y not?
Yes. This happen to me sometime ago. I using a full six shiny team (all legally breded by me) and enter a tournament. Some people i battle with call me hacker just because i using all shiny. After that i began to hated hacker (and power save to some extent) because this make getting shiny easy and not fair for the one who chose hard work like folk in this topic.
Edit: You're the one who hatched the most eggs in this topic, leaving behind us miles to chase after. I always respect you for that

Last edited:
I have a question.
If I bought over my 6IV Japanese Ditto from Platinum to Black, then from Black to X.
Is it still considered Japanese or does it change to my region?
I can't say for sure, but I think the region stays Japanese. I don't know if you want to risk bringing it over. I got my 6IV Ditto from CD_North here on Smogon. You could always ask him for one if you want to keep your Ditto on your Platinum save. :)

Yes. This happen to me sometime ago. I using a full six shiny team (all legally breded by me) and enter a tournament. Some people i battle with call me hacker just because i using all shiny. After that i began to hated hacker (and power save to some extent) because this make getting shiny easy and not fair for the one who chose hard work like folk in this topic.
Edit: You're the one who hatched the most eggs in this topic, leaving behind us miles to chase after. I always respect you for that
Yeah, people are always like that....all my bred shinies have my ID so i dun care what other people say...~_~

Well, here I am updating my breeding:

Cottonee
Eggs hatched: 50
Shiny: 0

Eggs hatched until now:
Eevee: 100
Cottonee: 50
Shiny: 0
Total eggs hatched: 150

Don't know what you mean. Do you mean that if you hatch 32 eggs then max iv is 32 then?
For the gender, isn't it show already when you select it for iv checking? If not how you know that it have that iv spread?
Nah, it was just a little joke

I didn't bother to remember the gender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)