Other ORAS OU Viability Ranking Thread - Check post #2359

Status
Not open for further replies.
A much less favorable Speed tier in conjunction with competition for a team slot in either role it performs are enough to keep it in A+ after the Mega Salamence ban. I'd like it to stay in A+, as it was already getting shaky as an S-Ranker late-XY and with the metagame being much less kind to it, as well as the aforementioned factors, Mega Charizard X fits in A+.
I wouldn't really say Charizard X has a much less favorable speed tier with the speed creep of ORAS because often times it is dragon dancing anyways to fix this and not even investing much in speed to begin with. Sure, other base 100 like Mega Gardevoire and Mega Medicham certainly got hurt by the speed cree but not as much zard x because it can boost its speed anyways. However, I will say the speed creep has led to more scarf users such as Keldeo and Latios which do hurt it, but not terribly. The only thing i think that has really changed in ORAS for zard x is increased competition amongst other megas and i think this will remain true unless people start running defensive mega altaria or defensive mega diancie, but i havent seen eiher of these yet

I cannot understand the grammar
Basically I don't think it means anything anymore to use Mega Mence as a reason to move mons anymore. It is obviously gonna be banned and we will have to reevaluate so many pokemon once it's gone. Especially mons who you feel are gonna go to the same ranking they used to be before Mega Mence gets banned.

He is outclassed by Sableye in his bulky WoW set, and would be the best Dragon Dancer in the tier if mence was banned, so I think it is safe to put him in A+ post-menca ban.
For one thing, I was disagreeing with him being in A- even with Mence being around still. Even with the ORAS megas being introduced, Zard X can still be a dangerous threat, albeit not as dangerous as he used to be, where A+ sounds like the perfect rank for him now.

Zard X has three things over Mega Sableye in terms of being a bulky WoW user: immediate power thanks to base 130 Attack and Tough Claws which hurts even when not invested to the max, much higher speed and an immunity to the Burn status in both base form and mega, whereas Base Sableye can be burned by WoW due to not having Magic Bounce yet, or be burned by Scald when he's in his base or mega form.

However, Mega Sableye has Magic Bounce to block all forms of non-attacking moves, which is huge, access to Calm Mind to boost SpDef so he can invest in max physical bulk and an arguably better typing with three immunities and only one weakness.

In short, Zard X's bulky WoW set is more akin to that of a tank than a wall, whereas Mega Sableye's is more of a wall. Each set has benefits the other does not, but the way I see it is that they perform quite differently in practice. While they both spread burns and recover their health with either Roost or Recover, one is Calm Minding while the other is immediately attacking after they got the burns on to the target.

Mega Slowbro for A+ rank

Mega Slowbro is ridiculous, boasting massive defence which makes him nearly untouchable by any physical attacker.

Set 1-Crobro: Crobro is basically a better Crocune with the option to not run rest (though this means status is a bigger problem). For those who don't know Crocune is an evil Suicune set (scald, calm mind, rest, sleep talk with max HP + max defence bold) which basically aims to wall a physical attacker with its massive physical bulk while boosting his special bulk up to a point where he is nearly untouchable before tearing through the opposing team with a boosted scald. Mega Slowbro does this better with his much higher defence (115 vs 180) and abillity to not be crited which was sometimes the only way Crocune was felled.

Set 2-Slack Off + Status + Two Attacks: While this set may not annihilate teams like CroBro it is really useful for wearing down the opposing team by spreading status and firing off scalds (which may spread even more status). This set can come in on most physical attackers, force them out and use toxic/thunder wave/scald to wear down the switchin. This set is used to help sweepers to function more effectively. Thunder wave is especially trolly as not many people expect it and if the incoming poke relys on speed then it is crippled for the rest of the match which is a huge deal in many cases. While this set does have its downsides it is extremely handy support for any team.

I would show you some calcs but unfortunately damage calc is down.

(minifigures are for pussies)

Diggersby for A rank
Diggersby tho? In ORAS Diggersby now learns the three elemental punches + knock off. This is extremely handy for extra coverage on his scarf and band sets (SD still wants return + eq + quick attack). Because of this his two choice sets don't have to run either stone miss or wild charge to hit flying types which helps a reasonable amount, Fire Punch is now viable coverage to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn and Knock Off is Knock Off.

Set 1-SD: This set was probably the best set from X and Y and it hasn't really changed much. Diggersby's new toys really don't have a place here since Diggersby doesn't want to drop any of his moves of choice here.

Set 2- Choice Scarf: Choice Scarf Diggersby is really fun to use and it benefits the most from Diggersby's new moves. After the staples of Return and EQ Diggersby can run any of his new moves plus U-turn. Ice Punch for Gliscor and Lando formes as well as flying types in general, Fire punch for Scizor and Ferrothorn, Thunder Punch to hit a more wide range of flying types including Skarmory, Knock Off to destroy unsuspecting Gengars and generally to just spam and finally (though this one isn't new) U turn for momentum. CS Diggersby can run virtually any combo of these moves effectively, making him an unpredictable force (especially since not many people expect scarf).

Set 3- Choice Band: Choice Banded Diggersby hits like a truck attached to a supercharged missile. The only two of his new moves that would really fit on the band set after Return, Quick attack and EQ are Thunder Punch and Knock Off. Thunder Punch is to replace Wild Charge which was mainly used to wreck Skarmory and any flying type. Knock Off could also be used in this slot as Diggersby could easily spam a CB knock off to great effect while also having a coverage move to wreck Gengar.

Diggersby is much more effective in ORAS than he was in X and Y and is not to be underestimated.

Finally Beedrill for B+ rank

There isn't much for me to say since this has mostly been covered by people before me. Basically Mega Beedrill is fast, fairly powerful and has a fat ass. So why am I bringing him up? Well I did some ladder research using Fell Stinger Beedrill. Here is a overview of my results.

• About 30% of battles I was able to sucessfully get the Fell Stinger boost
  • About 75% of the times I got the boost I was able to do significant damage or sweep (significant damage is killing 3 or more pokes including fell stinger booster)
  • There were times when I missed having U-turn
  • Not many people expect this for obvious reasons
  • Adaptabillity STAB Fell Stinger coming from 150 base attack hits harder than you expect

Also can we talk about all ranks now? ORAS is now out and I really want to make some noms for lower ranks. (I have a super radical one just waiting)

Entei from c+ to b- or b. This thing is an monster, filling a double niche with a choice band as a wallbreaker and revenge killer(e speed revenge killer might i add) not to mention half of the meta that can catch its sacred fire hate the burn or lose a decent chunk of hp. I will also add him and rotom w are very good together.:)

How is cloyster D? If you take out your opponent's priority, it is gg. should be c at the very lease. and garchomp is not S? really?

How is cloyster D? If you take out your opponent's priority, it is gg. should be c at the very lease. and garchomp is not S? really?
Cloyster is D due to only having one set that is not all that viable (Shell Smash), and Garchomp is at its current rank due to being heavily outclassed by Mega Salamence as a Offensive Dragon type. Honestly the only thing it should be running at this point in time is a SR lead set or Scarf to attempt to deal with Salamence. Welcome to Smogon!

Cloyster is D due to only having one set that is not all that viable (Shell Smash), and Garchomp is at its current rank due to being heavily outclassed by Mega Salamence as a Offensive Dragon type. Honestly the only thing it should be running at this point in time is a SR lead set or Scarf to attempt to deal with Salamence. Welcome to Smogon!
That's not the reason Garchomp's at A; I don't think it was even discussed in that context. I think the reasoning was more that there are other Dragons (not mence) that are more threatening, and a lot of it's sets are either mediocre or outclassed, i.e. terrakion's a better stealth rocker.

Cloyster has 1 shell smash set that isn't all too difficult to stop. I'd like to hear your rationale as to why Garchomp should be S though.
heavily outclassed by Mega Salamence as a Offensive Dragon type. Honestly the only thing it should be running at this point in time is a SR lead set or Scarf to attempt to deal with Salamence. Welcome to Smogon!
I'm pretty sure Garchomp has been at A+ for several months prior to ORAS. It's probably the SR lead set but I haven't used Garchomp in a few months so don't quote me on that.

napty

Banned deucer.
Okay, so now we are allowed to talk about the B and B+ mon. Here are my thoughts about one of those: Celebi.

B+ → A

Celebi is becoming extremely good at this moment. It's one of the best answer to Mega Slowbro, it also counters Mega Sceptile, Keldeo, Breloom, Mega Swampert, Lati@s, Thundurus, and Rotom. Then, it can either get up rocks, give the momentum with U-Turn, heal the team with Heal Bell, make a Substitute and pass it to an ally, set up a Calm Mind or a Nasty Plot, stuff like that. It'll never be a dead weight in a team. I also noticed that it's a good answer to almost any rain team. This mon should definitly move up.

It can be paired with some really good mon for some great result:
  1. Keldeo and Celebi work really well together. Keldeo is walled by Slowbro while Celebi can switch into with almost no-fear; Celebi hates Bisharp while Keldeo can put some pressure on it.
  2. Great synergy with Celebi (don't forget the old "CeleTran" from the 4th gen).
  3. Landorus-T hates Rotom, while Celebi can take advantage of Rotom to make a Sub and pass it to an ally. Also, Celebi makes an excellent Scald absorber thanks to Natural Cure, which are often aimed to Lando.
  4. Talonflame struggles with Rotom. Celebi doesn't.
These are just examples.

Last edited:
Okay, so now we are allowed to talk about the B and B+ mon. Here are my thoughts about one of those: Celebi.

B+ → A

Celebi is becoming extremely good at this moment. It's one of the best answer to Mega Slowbro, it also counters Mega Sceptile, Keldeo, Breloom, Mega Swampert, Lati@s, Thundurus, and Rotom. Then, it can either get up rocks, give the momentum with U-Turn, heal the team with Heal Bell, make a Substitute and pass it to an ally, set up a Calm Mind or a Nasty Plot, stuff like that. It'll never be a dead weight in a team. I also noticed that it's a good answer to almost any rain team. This mon should definitly move up.

It can be paired with some really good mon for some great result:
  1. Keldeo and Celebi work really well together. Keldeo is walled by Slowbro while Celebi can switch into with almost no-fear; Celebi hates Bisharp while Keldeo can put some pressure on it.
  2. Great synergy with Celebi (don't forget the old "CeleTran" from the 4th gen).
  3. Landorus-T hates Rotom, while Celebi can use Rotom to make a Sub and pass it to an ally. Also, Celebi makes an excellent Scald absorber thanks to Natural Cure, which are often aimed to Lando.
  4. Talonflame struggles with Rotom. Celebi doesn't.
These are just examples.
Also make note that celebi can baton pass substitutes that take two seismic tosses from chansey to break, which can be useful.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
-> A+
Once MMence is banned, MAltaria will be one of the best DDers in the tier as it has an amazing typing, reliable recovery, can cure its status and fire off pixilated boosted attacks. Its coverage is really good as it has everything it needs to beat its would be checks with either Fire Blast or Earthquake. It doesn't end up there; as its defensive typing allows her to check/counter both Zards, Keldeo, Lati@s, MGallade, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Dragonite, Rotom-W, Raikou, MManectric, MSableye, MSceptile... you get the point. This thing is able to fit in every playstyle from HO to Stall and makes for a good glue on your team. Definitely A+ in my eyes.
-> A+
This thing is a very big threat, with unresisted coverage in two moves, she is free to choose what to use in the final two moveslots. Apart from being amazing against offense with high powered stabs and high speed, she can support her team so easily, as she has many options to choose between Healing Wish to get a teammate healthy when she isnt needed, passes subs to teammates, etc. Want MLopunny to be a wallbreaker? She can use Power-up punch and proceed to 2hko your Skarmory/Hippowdon/whatever or even pass the boost to a teammate. Do you want priority? use Fake Out. Do you want a fast Heal Beller? MLopunny uses it pretty nicely as she forces a lot of switches. Heck, it even has Encore and can Toxic your obvious Slowbro switch. The combination of offensive presence, good speed, support and the momentum she brings to the table makes her worthy of A+.

Also, the fact that MVenusaur is becoming more and more uncommon makes these two even better.

Last edited:
-> A+
This thing is a very big threat, with unresisted coverage in two options, she is free to choose what to use in the final two moveslots. Apart from being amazing against offense with high powered stabs and high speed, it can support her team so easily, as she has many options to choose between Healing Wish to get a teammate healthy when she isnt needed, passes subs to teammates, etc. Want MLopunny to be a wallbreaker? She can use Power-up punch and proceed to 2hko your Skarmory/Hippowdon/whatever or even pass the boost to a teammate. Do you want priority? use Fake Out. Do you want a fast Heal Beller? MLopunny uses it pretty nicely as she forces a lot of switches. Heck, it even has Encore and can Toxic your obvious Slowbro switch. The combination of offensive presence, good speed, support and the momentum she brings to the table makes her worthy of A+.
As a Devout mLop user, I second this. It's is outright amazing. Going into a battle, you can't look at a Lopunny and know its set without scouting. You do know 1/2 of its moveset, but the other 2 slots are entirely up to the user. Leaving the opponent completely surprised when you pop off a sub, a PuP, or a Healing wish. It's by far one of the most beneficial team mates to so many teams, while also being Versatile as all hell. By far one of the best (not borked) megas to come from ORAS.

I say Lopunny to A+ as well.

-> A+
Once MMence is banned, MAltaria will be one of the best DDers in the tier as it has an amazing typing, reliable recovery, can cure its status and fire off pixilated boosted attacks. Its coverage is really good as it has everything it needs to beat its would be checks with either Fire Blast or Earthquake. It doesn't end up there; as its defensive typing allows her to check/counter both Zards, Keldeo, Lati@s, MGallade, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Dragonite, Rotom-W, Raikou, MManectric, MSableye, MSceptile... you get the point. This thing is able to fit in every playstyle from HO to Stall and makes for a good glue on your team. Definitely A+ in my eyes.
-> A+
This thing is a very big threat, with unresisted coverage in two moves, she is free to choose what to use in the final two moveslots. Apart from being amazing against offense with high powered stabs and high speed, she can support her team so easily, as she has many options to choose between Healing Wish to get a teammate healthy when she isnt needed, passes subs to teammates, etc. Want MLopunny to be a wallbreaker? She can use Power-up punch and proceed to 2hko your Skarmory/Hippowdon/whatever or even pass the boost to a teammate. Do you want priority? use Fake Out. Do you want a fast Heal Beller? MLopunny uses it pretty nicely as she forces a lot of switches. Heck, it even has Encore and can Toxic your obvious Slowbro switch. The combination of offensive presence, good speed, support and the momentum she brings to the table makes her worthy of A+.

Also, the fact that MVenusaur is becoming more and more uncommon makes these two even better.
I agree with Mega Altaria for A+, but I'm not so sure about Mega Lopunny, I feel like people are overhyping it a little. One of the main arguements people are using for it to move up is that it's very unpredictable, only needing two moves to have perfect STAB coverage and can do whatever it wants with the other two. While this isnt untrue, it is a bit misleading. Literally every Mega Lopunny I have seen on the ORAS ladder was running Fake Out in addition to both STABs. Alright, that still leaves one more moveslot, and I'll give it to you that Mega Lopunny has a few options and it will be hard for the opponent to guess which one it is correctly. Still, every single pokemon in the game has four moveslots and the majority of them dont run the same four moves every time so I fail to see how this accomplishment is anything notable. Besides, the item the pokemon is running is about half the mystery anyways and whenever I see a Lopunny I know it has to be a mega. The next and most imporant reason I dont think Mega Lopunny should rise is that it is very underwhelming. Obviously base 136 attack seems powerful, but then you remember that it has no ability that boosts its attack and no ways of boosting through a move either. Finally, although its STABs have good neutral doverage, they dont have good supereffective coverage considering Normal isnt super effective against anything. This and Mega Lopunny's underwhelming power with no method of boosting means thats it's not going to be OHKOing anything very often, which is bad because Mega Lopunny is relatively frail and doesnt want to take too many hits. Finally, someone mentioned that Mega Venusaur's decrease in usage is good for Mega Lopunny. Well obviously it decreased in usage, everyone is spamming the new mega evolutions on the ORAS ladder to test them out/shiny new toy syndrome and in no way is this a reliable usage indicator. I'm not saying that Mega Venusaur isnt going to decrease in usage, but Im pointing out that it hasnt happened yet. Also, I hate to pull this card, but we have to factor in competition amongst other megas to an extent too, otherwise we will end up with like 15 megas in the A+ and S ranks. I dont think this should be the deciding factor or anything, but it should be taken into account and it is the reason Mega Banette and Mega Abomnasnow arent on the list.

All in all I think Mega Lopunny is most comparable to Mega Manectric, they are both fast but not exactly powerful mega evolutions. The difference is that Mega Manectric has Volt Switch and Intimidate while Mega Lopunny has perfect coverage, slightly higher base power STABs, Fake Out, and some neat options in its extra moveslot. Mega Manectric is in A and I think thats a perfect spot for Mega Lopunny as well.

Edit: blaargathon Greninja can boost its stats because it can hold a Life Orb

Last edited:
I agree with Mega Altaria for A+, but I'm not so sure about Mega Lopunny, I feel like people are overhyping it a little. One of the main arguements people are using for it to move up is that it's very unpredictable, only needing two moves to have perfect STAB coverage and can do whatever it wants with the other two. While this isnt untrue, it is a bit misleading. Literally every Mega Lopunny I have seen on the ORAS ladder was running Fake Out in addition to both STABs. Alright, that still leaves one more moveslot, and I'll give it to you that Mega Lopunny has a few options and it will be hard for the opponent to guess which one it is correctly. Still, every single pokemon in the game has four moveslots and the majority of them dont run the same four moves every time so I fail to see how this accomplishment is anything notable. Besides, the item the pokemon is running is about half the mystery anyways and whenever I see a Lopunny I know it has to be a mega. The next and most imporant reason I dont think Mega Lopunny should rise is that it is very underwhelming. Obviously base 136 attack seems powerful, but then you remember that it has no ability that boosts its attack and no ways of boosting through a move either. Finally, although its STABs have good neutral doverage, they dont have good supereffective coverage considering Normal isnt super effective against anything. This and Mega Lopunny's underwhelming power with no method of boosting means thats it's not going to be OHKOing anything very often, which is bad because Mega Lopunny is relatively frail and doesnt want to take too many hits. Finally, someone mentioned that Mega Venusaur's decrease in usage is good for Mega Lopunny. Well obviously it decreased in usage, everyone is spamming the new mega evolutions on the ORAS ladder to test them out/shiny new toy syndrome and in no way is this a reliable usage indicator. I'm not saying that Mega Venusaur isnt going to decrease in usage, but Im pointing out that it hasnt happened yet. Also, I hate to pull this card, but we have to factor in competition amongst other megas to an extent too, otherwise we will end up with like 15 megas in the A+ and S ranks. I dont think this should be the deciding factor or anything, but it should be taken into account and it is the reason Mega Banette and Mega Abomnasnow arent on the list.

All in all I think Mega Lopunny is most comparable to Mega Manectric, they are both fast but not exactly powerful mega evolutions. The difference is that Mega Manectric has Volt Switch and Intimidate while Mega Lopunny has perfect coverage, slightly higher base power STABs, Fake Out, and some neat options in its extra moveslot. Mega Manectric is in A and I think thats a perfect spot for Mega Lopunny as well.
A small nitpick: Lopunny can learn Power-up Punch, so it can boost its attack. Js

Last edited:

I think you may be under hyping it a bit from bad experiences. I've been using this bunny a lot and it does not disappoint. True people run Fake Out but I've also seen some nasty SubPass Lopunny, Encore games and a stray Power-up Punch can make things go bad for opponents. It does an amazing job on Hyper Offense and is one the best cleaners around. There's also the less common Sub/Focus Punch set that hit's like a truck. It's speed is also important as with the rise of the many new 110s base speed Megas M.Lopunny sits nicely at 135 and it's base 105 preMevo is great too for hitting slower opponents while Mega Evolving. I have to agree with the two previous posters that Lopunny is A+ worthy.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner

I feel like you're understimating MLopunny a bit. MLopunny doesn't have to run Fake Out by any means, if you see that move always on the ladder doesn't mean its always a must, you may get surprised by a subpass set, or heck, even just baton pass of your check/counter and trap it with a teammate as his checks are pretty weak to pursuit and some are just too passive so they get trapped by Gothitelle or something. It doesn't even have to trap shit as some are 2hkoed after you get PuP'd on the switch. Even then we're just not talking about power, but how does she support the team in tandem with being great against offense. As I said, it can SubPass, heal off a teammate, priority, etc.
MManectric, while having the same speed, it relies too much on weak attacks to do damage unlike MLopunny, who runs unresisted STABs with 102 BP and 130 BP.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Imma throw in my support for Lopunny to A+

Completely unrelated: who else thought there would ever be a debate on Lopunny in A+ in OU, like ever?

On topic: okay so I made a few teams with Lopunny for a Serebii tour I'm in (yeah, I'm from there, sue me), and I had to resort to the ladder and battles with friends to test them out. All I can say is holy fuck she's good. Like really good. She's very comparable to Manectric in that they both have great speed and decent offensive stats and bulk. But that's it. After that, Lopunny's positives continue to flourish. She's a great answer to Mega Eye, as she can 1/2HKO the ghost with HJK (can't calc, but the rolls are te pendent on prior damage), which very few things can boast. Her base 135 speed stat is excellent in the ORAS meta, as the only faster things are Scarfers, bee, and aero (Zam is bad js), and only Aero reliably beats her. This leaves offense prone to her wrath.

Speaking of offense, it's not hard to get Lopunny in safely through the use of a VoltTurner, and when she does get in, think Greninja, but better (yes, better). Her speed is nearly unmatched and she has access to two great STABs in HJK and Frustration, which not only have good BP, but also gain perfect neutral coverage. She now has two slots to do whatever she wants with them. Personally, Ice punch and Refresh / Healing Wish are the moves that I've found to be the most useful, because of lolSalamence and a bunch of other 4x weak mons to ice (either STAB hits harder neutrally than 2x SE Ice Punch btw). The other move either helps her against stall by removing status, or healing another teammate when her job is done. Sort of like Latias in a way, another A+ mon.

Now the only real reason why I could see Lopunny staying in A is because she struggles against bulkier balance teams. She has no way of beating Slowbro outside of getting off a Toxic and switching, while other mons like Mew, Cresselia, Chesnaught, Mandibuzz (lol), Celebi, and other defensive grasses, poisons, and psychics ruin her parade. But if those are removed then she can simply smash through entire teams without breaking a sweat. Is part of the reason why SD Bisharp makes a great partner for her.

So yeah, decent bulk, great speed, good attack, great STABs, a godly ability, and the ability to run two free moves to tailor her to a team seems like more than enough to bump her up to A+

Lopunny for A+

Both Mega Lopunny and Mega Altaria are huge threats, and I feel like I should talk about the pair of them.

I don't know much about Mega Lopunny as I've never used it, but unless I run some sort of scarfer, I find that all of my offensive teams fear this thing. Weather or not that means it should move up is too difficult for me to determine, as I've never used it.

Mega Altaria is a completely different story. This is a Pokemon who can fit on literally every playstyle. This is a Pokemon that will be the best DDer in the tier after MMence is banned. This is a Pokemon with a godlike offensive typing and very nice coverage/support moves, and a Pokemon that as a result of it's numerous sets can be vastly unpredictable. Defensive DD sets seem to be the best, as they set up on a whole bunch of the metagame and some very important threats, but all of Mega Altaria's common sets are really, really good. When building a team, this is something you really need to watch out for without a doubt and also something that you'll certainly want to consider. I can easily see this thing in A+ for now, and maybe in the future, once the metagame settles, in S Rank, just not quite yet.

DaVolterbomb

Banned deucer.
Mlopunny is a bitch. Unresisted STAB's, 136 Base Attack, amazing speed tier, etc. Everyone is scared of its STAB Fake out, HJK, etc. It has like 4 checks and no counters, and most of the checks are frail Revenge killers with Prio... This thing deserves to be in A+. But if this thing is in A+, might as well Bump Mega Slowbro to A+ and Mega Altaria to A+ and Mega Sableye to A+ also for reasons explained.

MPunny is definitely being overhyped, but I can see why it should be A+ rank. 136 Attack is very good, and not being able to boost it isn't that big of a deal(Greninja can't boost his stats either, and he's a massive problem to everyone).

In short, it has great stats, excellent speed, a great ability, and good offensive typing. It's really solid, and I'd say that it's fine in A+ for now.

I want to see Mega Sceptile move up to A from A-. It has two sets that can wreck havoc on the OU meta. First, the Sub+3 attacks is extremely dangerous if you switch out and Sceptile sets up a Sub. The other is the 4 attack set with Giga Drain/Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast and HP Fire. This set has 0 switchins for offense. With a blazing 145 base speed Mega Sceptile also outspeeds almost every non scarf poke other than Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Alakazam. Partnering Sceptile with a water type (for ice weakness) and a bird counter allows it to contribute to wall breaking in the early game and then its blazing speed allows it to clean up end game. It also completely bops Volt-turn teams with Lightningrod. A Rotom-Wash thinks twice before aimlessly pressing Volt switch. It has respectable 70/75/85 bulk which means that its not a glass cannon and can take a couple hits. It's typing also gives it a 4x resistance to water and grass and gives HO a good check for Azumarill. Azumarill just set a Belly Drum on you OH NO! Don't worry +4 Aqua Jet does literally nothing to Mega Sceptile.

And lastly Mega Sceptile is too badass to remain in A-. Mega Sceptile to A

MPunny is definitely being overhyped, but I can see why it should be A+ rank. 136 Attack is very good, and not being able to boost it isn't that big of a deal(Greninja can't boost his stats either, and he's a massive problem to everyone).

In short, it has great stats, excellent speed, a great ability, and good offensive typing. It's really solid, and I'd say that it's fine in A+ for now.
Is it though? It has insane versatility, hits like a truck, and can support its team, all in one slot. As I stated before, looking at a mLop doesn't tell you its entire moveset. You switch in your status inducing Poke, just to watch mLop sub. You switch in X wall, take a toxic to the face. You're never 100% sure what set it may be. Though, the typical 4 attack set is the most common, it's the not so common sets that tend to work best (imo). I.e: SubPunch, a set I can attest to.

It isn't Mega Mence, but it is quite easily the most versatile Mega in OU.

Is it though? It has insane versatility, hits like a truck, and can support its team, all in one slot. As I stated before, looking at a mLop doesn't tell you its entire moveset. You switch in your status inducing Poke, just to watch mLop sub. You switch in X wall, take a toxic to the face. You're never 100% sure what set it may be. Though, the typical 4 attack set is the most common, it's the not so common sets that tend to work best (imo). I.e: SubPunch, a set I can attest to.

It isn't Mega Mence, but it is quite easily the most versatile Mega in OU.
I never see it run a set other than 4 attacks (the set you're referring to may only be used in higher ranks; I haven't played showdown in a bit so my rank has probably suffered severely), but as I said, I can definitely see why it should raise. I think my word choice was a bit off.

Let me rephrase: Mega Lopunny is very popular at the moment, and I believe that it rightly deserves most of its fame and attention. It has great coverage, great speed, and moves that compliment its stats and typing very well.

A very solid Pokemon. Let's get it in A+!

Last edited:

DaVolterbomb

Banned deucer.
Note: Unlike most of you, i don't like making big walls of text. Just know that i probably will make a nomination of around 4 lines of text. Also note that I'm not trying to hurt your feelings that you guys make big walls of text

B- ---> B

This shark is easily akin to MBee, being a glass cannon. With Strong Jaw, basically all of your fang moves get an added stab. With Speed Boost as its non mega ability, it can get a 1.5x boost before it even megas with no risk, making it a good setup sweeper. I think this thing is too low to be in B- with Azelf, Doublade, Togekiss, and especially Gothitelle.
A+ ---> A

This is long overdue. Still an amazing mon with great coverage, but it suffered what it suffered before: SR weakness, support, etc. and its speed tier is really bad. It basically suffers from all the other base 100 megas: They are either too slow or outclassed by its clone. Char Y can't take a Diamond Storm from Diancie, +1 return by MMence, raped by MAerodactyl, and numerous other megas (I'm not taking any bets on OHKO's cause stupid calc is down, but once calc are up, ill get calc on)

A ---> S
Whaaat? To S rank? But thats ooodddd!
Let me explain. This thing has 180 Defense, 130 Special Attack, 95 HP. Easily one of, or maybe the bulkiest mon in the meta. It also has Calm Mind, to cover up its SpDef and increase its staggering 130 SpA to sweep. It also has access to Recovery, which makes it almost indestructible, as few mons can 2HKO it and live its +1 Scald. Arguably better than MSableye But lets say Sableye is better so Jukain doesn't get on my back and easily better than MVenusaur. This thing deserves a lot more, and it will be ten times the mega when MMence is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)