Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Glad we've tightened up and clarified these restrictions; I had a lot of issues with endless battles early this generation.

On another subject, I have a question — what's everyone's favorite fourth move for an -ate user, besides the common Fake Out, Extreme Speed, and Boomburst/Techno Blast? I've seen Thousand Arrows, Precipice Blades, Earth Power, Magma Storm, Infestation, Rapid Spin, Bolt Strike, Close Combat, Low Kick, V-create, Sacred Fire, Pursuit, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and probably more that I've forgotten.

Personally, I tended to run Magma Storm and Rapid Spin early in this meta, but Precipice Blades seems like the best option right now because it can deal with things like Regirock really well. I also tried Wood Hammer (silly, I know) on Mega Rayquaza in battles like this to take out both Primal Kyogre and the aforementioned Regirock.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I have enjoyed u-turn, its a great move for scouting checks to -ate users and getting a free switch in the process, allowing you to gain momentum. Its not for HO teams, however, because if the opponent stays in and goes for an attack you have to switch into that attack, making it much harder on your team. I love it on balanced offensive teams.

I am also liking non-boomburst roost + Infestation mega Ray. So many people are running either shed or fur coat chansey to deal with mega ray, and recovery+infest shits on both of them.

If anyone is annoyed with fake out mm2x I came up with that moveset!!! I will tell you a secret though, I used to run Fake out, Low Kick, Extreme speed, and Magma Storm! problems: low kick, light defensive pokemon, magma storm, bad accuracy essentially for shedinjas and aeigislash! New set: Boomburst and infestation instead of low kick and Magma storm! problems: Steel types, I need to switch to my protean mm2y with magma storm, Heavy water types, Low Kick is gone, Boomburst does almost nothing! You may be thinking why not ghost types the only non-normal type move I have is weak Infestation, but there's where refrigerate comes in handy although you only get one -ate Pokemon, I'm almost positive this is faster than others and with life orb!!!!!

~Ethan Bartiromo~
P.S. if you like this setup PM me for more and maybe even request a pokemon you would like a moveset for!

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
If anyone is annoyed with fake out mm2x I came up with that moveset!!!
You didn't come up with Fridge MMX with Fakespeed, it was a thing since the advent of M-Ray to beat it due to MMX being faster. The first person I know of who ran Fridge Mmx was karutobi (not a user on smogon so can't tag), and this was around the time when M-ray was introduced and a dominant threat.

You didn't come up with Fridge MMX with Fakespeed, it was a thing since the advent of M-Ray to beat it due to MMX being faster. The first person I know of who ran Fridge Mmx was karutobi (not a user on smogon so can't tag), and this was around the time when M-ray was introduced and a dominant threat.
I had this team since 4 months after gen six came out

I had this team since 4 months after gen six came out
Well actually I changed it since then but not mm2x

Last edited by a moderator:
MMX is was pretty much one of the first things people slapped -ate on due of its absurd attack.
There's no point trying to claim to be the first one to figure it out cause it was way, way too fucking obvious choice.

xJownage

Entrainment is also a cool option in the 4th slot of mega ray. It is really cool to fuck with counters AND force switches: shed has to immediately switch out, as does chansey (it does (58.3 - 68.8%)), which are two of the biggest mega ray "counters" available. It also really messes up pixilate diancie, which also tries to switch in (you gotta be quick tho). Its really just a fun move, especially alongside infestation over boomburst on a bulky spread.

Even better is espeed+boomburst+Entrainment+roost, using a bulky sweeper spread with a naughty nature. It gives you decent physical bulk with plenty of revenge killing power and a powerful boomburst, while you get to use roost for reliable recovery and entrainment for fucking with normal counters and forcing switches. Item of choice is sharp beak, of course.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I know for a fact that E4 Flint was using Fridge Cube about two months after XY arrived, because that's when I started copying it.

And my favourite fourth move on a physical primary -ate user is Explosion, just saying.
Actually according to flint he invented -ate fake speed before XY even came out by looking at the leaks. I think the first refrigerate kyub set ever run was Flint's Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Last Resort set

I ran sub on my mega diancie because of Flint's dialga. And stall doesn't seem to like sub.
Also, i really like kyurem white with volt switch. After a volt switch i think boomburst 2hkoe's chansey after rocks if you're holding a plate. And it also hits kyogre hard.

Actually according to flint he invented -ate fake speed before XY even came out by looking at the leaks. I think the first refrigerate kyub set ever run was Flint's Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Last Resort set
I didn't know exactly when he invented it, I was just pointing out that he had invented it prior to the time I started copying it.

So in case you all haven't heard, January brought the return of the long-awaited BH usage statistics.

Stats for Pokemon usage, changing by ranking, can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/

Lead statistics: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/leads/

Somewhat pointless mega evolution stats: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/mega/

Playstyle stats: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/metagame/

Moveset stats (hmm, I wonder how many Primal Groudons had Assist?): http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/moveset/

Thoughts?

Ah, I have discovered the forums. I wouldn't be much balanced hackmons if I didn't check out the BH thread :P

So in case you all haven't heard, January brought the return of the long-awaited BH usage statistics.

Stats for Pokemon usage, changing by ranking, can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/

Lead statistics: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/leads/

Somewhat pointless mega evolution stats: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/mega/

Playstyle stats: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/metagame/

Moveset stats (hmm, I wonder how many Primal Groudons had Assist?): http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-12/moveset/

Thoughts?
So these assist teams are now the new big thing, eh? Just finished spectating a battle with all Groudon-primals. Turned into a Thousand-Arrows fest :P

MAMP

MAMP!
| 6 | Blissey | 17.05410% | 16595 | 17.054% | 9793 | 15.960% |
| 10 | Deoxys-Speed | 14.11806% | 13738 | 14.118% | 10322 | 16.822% |
| 14 | Shuckle | 9.77515% | 9512 | 9.775% | 5895 | 9.607% |
| 15 | Slaking | 8.63855% | 8406 | 8.639% | 4630 | 7.545% |
| 16 | Lugia | 8.57792% | 8347 | 8.578% | 5359 | 8.734% |
| 54 | Magikarp | 2.61232% | 2542 | 2.612% | 1448 | 2.360% |

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic

BH really needs a don't use this use that type of thing. Although deo-s isn't that terrible compared to the rest of the stuff there.

canno

formerly The Reptile

| 56 | Audino-Mega | 2.17865% | 2120 | 2.179% | 1511 | 2.462% |

Audino got BTFO by my man Magikarp

xJownage

Deoxys-s has use as a trickscarfer or a super annoying klutz av set (which is niche but cool), and other than that all of those mons are total shit. The only thing lugia is good for was BPing on the endless battles team (hi noc)

Speed Boost Regigigas. Just saiyan.

Also if Parental Bond wasn't banned, the flood of Deoxys-Atk would happen.

Be happy.
Be healthy.

I find the 1760 usage statistics to be more interesting. And probably more reliable for team building and viability/threat assessment. The first thing on there to make me pause is Gourgeist-S in the 40s, though I can see where it might be useful in certain niches due to typing alone. The first actually truly bad pick on there is Mandibuzz, due to Yveltal being a thing.

Also interesting: you'll see a lot of Sheddy and Deo-S leads on low and mid ladder according to 0 and 1500 usage. 1630+ though, Mega-Ray leads most of the time. 12% in fact once you get towards the top of the ladder. Prepare your stray Ice Beams.

Be happy.
Be healthy.
Speed Boost Regi is outclassed by Poison Heal with Shift Gear IMO. With Poison Heal it's immune to status like Burn or Para that would otherwise slow it down, along with getting recovery every turn and being able to beat Chansey with ease. I feel that Speed Boost Regi doesn't offer much that Poison Heal is unable to. After a Shift Gear, Gigas outspeeds most of the relevant things it would want to outspeed.

Even better is espeed+boomburst+Entrainment+roost, using a bulky sweeper spread with a naughty nature. It gives you decent physical bulk with plenty of revenge killing power and a powerful boomburst, while you get to use roost for reliable recovery and entrainment for fucking with normal counters and forcing switches. Item of choice is sharp beak, of course.
I'm sad to say that this would destroy my team, as my only M-Ray counter atm is Fur Coat Chansey, and Entrainment just destroys that.

Be happy.
Be healthy.
I don't even know what to say... Is this suppose to be some kind of a joke ?

Also,
| 20 | Deoxys-Defense | 6.64282% | 6464 | 6.643% | 4676 | 7.620% |
| 63 | Cresselia | 1.74600% | 1699 | 1.746% | 1121 | 1.827% |
How is that even possible ?

I find the 1760 usage statistics to be more interesting. And probably more reliable for team building and viability/threat assessment. The first thing on there to make me pause is Gourgeist-S in the 40s, though I can see where it might be useful in certain niches due to typing alone. The first actually truly bad pick on there is Mandibuzz, due to Yveltal being a thing.

Also interesting: you'll see a lot of Sheddy and Deo-S leads on low and mid ladder according to 0 and 1500 usage. 1630+ though, Mega-Ray leads most of the time. 12% in fact once you get towards the top of the ladder. Prepare your stray Ice Beams.
The issue with the 1760 stats becomes noticeable when looking at things like Mega Aerodactyl. Some guy high on the ladder (I think it was XQNP?) used Trace Mega Aerodactyl. He must have used it very frequently, because it's far and away the #1 most common ability, over more worthy choices like Sand Stream and Magic Guard.
Because of the small sample size, statistics tend to become distorted in the 1760 stats by gimmicks that are used frequently.

Other examples of this include Mega Tyranitar (Regenerator o.o), Mega Diancie (why is Water Absorb used 10% of the time???), Mega Steelix (Refrigerate; clearly motherlove is more influential than we thought), Hoopa-Unbound (who runs Sand Rush on that?), Yveltal (Regenerator again...), and others, I'm sure. Not that these are bad abilities, they just aren't representative of the state of the metagame.

edit: also Gourgeist-Super isn't too bad; the Ground resistance is more valuable than you could possibly imagine. Mandibuzz is bizarre though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)