Basic Elements (Coded - Need Host Server)

Approved by Eevee General
Basic Elements

Grandpa, grandpa! It's time for you to tell me the story of Basic Elements again!

Hoho, you never grow tired of hearing it. Sure, love. Let us take a stroll.

What is Basic Elements, grandpa?

Basic Elements is the folklore of a world long gone (Metagame) where only the Grass, Fire and Water Elements (Types) existed. Elementals (Pokémon) who were born with characteristics of other imperfect elements toiled to master their senses and fuse into one, sometimes two, of the three Basic Elements.

How does Fusion work?

Historians of the Elemental Era were able to observe and record the mystery of fusion. They made inscriptions of what Element(s) a baby Elemental will fuse into depending on its current imperfect Element. They also made brief notes on the possible reasons these fusions happened the way they did.

Fire - Flying, Fighting, Electric, Dragon, Ghost (The Element Fire is often related with energy and assertiveness)

Water - Ice (Ice is of course, crystallized water), Normal, Fairy, Psychic and Dark (The Element Water is often related to emotion and intuition)

Grass - Ground, Rock, Steel, Poison, Bug (Made from Earth and/or components of Earth.)

What else does Fusion do?

It just happened so that Fusion also changed the Attacking Element of the Elemental.

An Elemental using the imperfect Ice Elemental Attack was able to use the same Attack as a Water Elemental Attack after achieving fusion. Imperfect Fighting Elementals are famed for training atop mountains day and night until they unlocked their inner spirit and became Fire Elementals. Rarely did Grass Elementals have trouble fusing, but some imperfect Rock and Steel Elementals would wander around unforgiving desert and forest landscapes for hours on end to achieve fusion.

Is it possible to know the Elements of all the Elementals?

A famous sect of Johto farseers were able to predict the Elemental distribution of all Elementals to have ever set foot on the universe, tabulated them and locked them away with the incredible magic spell called Ekzel, until recently the tablet was excavated in pristine condition.

Basic Elements Elemental Tablet (Chart): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YQgK4Y9iKqvwL2p9cXtZLbT7a6DkwGuwAbZdXun1OHA/pubhtml (Published Google Spreadsheet. Use Control + F for find specific Pokémon. Google has messed up the Merge Formatting, otherwise it's up-to-date and thorough).

Tell me about the War of the Elementals!

A very old and noble woman in our lineage set out to find a single hope amidst a world full of chaos. What ensued became the legend and war stories we tell even to this day.

Water. Grass. Fire. Long ago, the three Elementals lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Elementals attacked.

Only Protean, master of all three Elements, could stop them.

But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Protean, a Water Elemental named Froakie.

And although his Water Elemental skills are great, he has a lot to learn before saving anyone.

But I believe Froakie can save the world.

Is it possible to know about the battles and wars of the Elemental Era again?

I will tell you a secret. There is this very valuable inheritance to our family that's been passed down from generation to generation by our earlier ancestor named Ghoul King . Here it is..

Time will come when I will hand it down to your father and later, you: A device of incredible power, it is said to recreate before your naked eyes the battles of the Elemental Era just as they happened thousands of years ago.

Wowie! Can we do that right away, grandpa, please?

There is a mysterious place called Mount Server where this Device can be activated. I have not been fortunate to find it myself. Perhaps you shall.

Well, that's it for today! Off to bed we go.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
So would Pokémon like Zapdos be pure fire due to both of its types translating to fire?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
So basically all pokemon are Fire / Water / Grass or a combination of those, and all attacks are also Fire / Water / Grass, if I'm reading this right?

Yes to both of the above posts.

I'm just not sure how things like Paralysis would work. If the code works the way I think, then Fire Elementals are immune to Burn and Paralysis. Grass Elementals are immune to Poisoning. Water Elementals cannot be trapped. And so on.

For simplicity's sake, assume that Pokemon only ever existed with Fire, Grass and Water and that there were no other Types.

canno

formerly The Reptile
This applies for moves too, right? They turn into whatever element they fit in?

This applies for moves too, right? They turn into whatever element they fit in?
Yes, yes. Thunderbolt is now Fire Type. Shadow Ball is now Water Type. Earthquake is now Grass Type.

Bonus: Freeze Dry is now a Water Type Attack that's SE against Fire and Water. Talk about coverage.

Bonus 2: ALL Entry Hazards are now Grass Type. Fire Types are actually resistant to SR now. Water Types are weak to it. Somewhere, I can hear a Charizard laughing.

Just to inform you, you mispelt Jellicent as JelWaternt, so there you go.
azumarill with Sap Sipper resists/immune to all types... maybe not Freeze Dry
and a Question, how will Toxic Spikes work? Do Grass-Types absorb it?

Dual-typed (post-fusion) Pokemon have no weaknesses now -- two neutralities and a double resist. And as mentioned above, Azumarill has the distinction of resisting or being immune to everything save Freeze Dry... shame it doesn't have recovery, or it would probably be a great wall.

On the flip side, most offensive Pokemon get to upgrade their STAB options to something a bit more powerful, and dual-types get great neutral coverage off of just their STABs.

Maybe with a workable typing, Avalugg will be usable.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I think I'm in love with this meta rn

Can't wait to code it play it

E: inb4 protean suspect

Thanks everyone. Yeah, Protean might need a ban. But we'll have to wait.

We have things like Water/Grass Unaware Quagsire.

I'm more worried about Contrary Serperior.

Rest assured, there may be weird developments that we didn't theorymon. It's definitely best to actually play it first.

I will try adding a Legends section (Threatlist) to the OP. Do try and contribute and be sure to give them a cool theme-related nickname. RPG-ish War-hero-like names are preferred.

pls no mega big chill

If you're up to it, you can write a very short imaginary summary of how well your warrior performed in the Elemental War (As in, for a Banded Scizor set, it could be "His lightning fists immobilized even the bravest of foes".)

Last edited:
So if I'm not mistaken:

— Volt Absorb now grants Fire immunity, including Will-O-Wisp. Cute.

— Sap Sipper grants an immunity to Toxic, as it is now Grass-type.

— Storm Drain and Water Absorb grant an immunity to Freeze-Dry, which would otherwise hit Water-types SE. Jellicent and Poliwrath especially appreciate it, as their Water/Fire typings come with a crippling 4x weakness to Freeze-Dry. I also expect Volcanion to be scary in this meta when it's released.

— Water-types are immune to Hail damage. Grass-types are immune to Sandstorm.

— Fire-types are immune to Burn, Paralysis, Spikes, Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, and trapping effects. Holy crap.

— Grass-types absorb Toxic Spikes and are immune to Poison.

— Water-types cannot be Frozen.

— Levitate grants immunity to damaging Grass moves.

— Gravity makes Fire-types and Levitate users take neutral damage from Grass.

How do -ate abilities work? I presume they take moves that used to be Normal-type and make them Water- (Pixilate, Refrigerate) or Fire-type (Aerilate) respectively?

Staraptor is scary. Fire/Water with Steel Wing or U-turn for Grass coverage.

Mega Altaria is also scary.
Type: Fire/Water
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw [Fire]
- Return [Water after Pixilate]
- Earthquake [Grass]

And on initial switch-in, it resists Stealth Rock.

Speaking of scary, the Lati twins:

Mega Latias:
Type: Fire/Water (with immunity to damaging Grass moves) (cannot be paralyzed, burned, frozen, or trapped. Quad-weak to Freeze-Dry.)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse [Fire]
- Surf
- Energy Ball

Gengar is really scary, like it is in almost every OM:
Type: Fire/Grass (quad-resists SR, immune to other hazards, cannot be paralyzed, burned, poisoned, or trapped, immune to Spore and Sleep Powder) (also has redundant immunity to damaging Grass moves/hazards)
- Thunderbolt [Fire]
- Sludge Wave [Grass]/Giga Drain
- Psychic [Water]
- filler

Technician Breloom dominates yet another meta. Basically it's the same as it always was, except with a resistance or immunity to every hazard and an immunity to any status that might normally cripple it.
Type: Grass/Fire (like Gengar, immune to most hazards, quad-resists SR, cannot be paralyzed, burned, poisoned (RIP poison heal), or trapped, immune to Spore and Sleep Powder)

Something that seems maybe viable is Articuno. Fire-typing is a godsend as usual granting immunity to a million things, and it has Freeze-Dry to murderdeath other Water/Fires and Sap Sipper Azumarill.

Ban Kyurem-Black!
Type: Fire/Water (immune to burn, paralysis, freeze, most hazards, and trapping moves)
- Fusion Bolt [Fire]
- Return/Frustration [Water]
- Stone Edge/Iron Head [Grass]
- Roost/filler

It now has perfect coverage on the physical side, and isn't even stopped by Azumarill due to Teravolt.

Last edited:
We're not banning anything yet. But I just thought of another wonderful Ability: Thick Fat. Grants resistance to Fire and Water. Venusaur-Mega already resists Grass by virtue of its Typing. So we have very good Defensive options as well.

And yes, Ate abilities will go to boost whatever Type they are now.

We're not banning anything yet. But I just thought of another wonderful Ability: Thick Fat. Grants resistance to Fire and Water. Venusaur-Mega already resists Grass by virtue of its Typing. So we have very good Defensive options as well.

What I meant by kek being banned is that he went missing so it wouldn't make any sense for him to be here.

What I meant by kek being banned is that he went missing so it wouldn't make any sense for him to be here.
Maybe he vanished just after fighting a few battles.

And Grenenija, his rightful successor fought battles in his stead, becoming a true legend (Uber) in the process.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Beep Beep - Big threat coming through!~

/

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return

- Meteor Mash

- Hammer Arm
/ ThunderPunch

- Bullet Punch
/ Agility

Oh baby. This thing is a monster. With its high BP STABs backed up by Tough Claws this is on mon you don't want to fuck with. Thanks to its lack of weaknesses and its good bulk it can switch in while nailing shit with STAB Returns and Meteor Mashes. Hammer Arm and TPunch depends on if you're running BP or Agility. Hell you can probably get away with Hammer Arm on Agility if you wanted to. Pretty good mon.

Mega Venusaur relies on Nature Power for Water coverage, and can't deal Fire damage at all outside of either Weather Ball in sun or a Hidden Power that equates to Fire. Well, it does have Rock Smash, but lol Rock Smash.

Oh also Flying Press double-factors Fire resist. So a pure Grass-type takes 4x damage, but a pure Fire-type or pure Water-type takes 1/4 damage. And of course, a Fire/Water quad-resists fire and thus takes 1/16th damage.

And any Fire-type that learns Curse can use the normally Ghost version of the move.

Toxic never misses when used by Grass-types.

Chesnaught seems fun. Bulletproof provides some fun immunities as usual, although Shadow Ball is basically irrelevant due to the existence of Thunderbolt/Flamethrower so really it's not that great. Still, it's also immune to almost any damaging status and cannot be trapped, on top of being a master at dishing out its own passive damage through Leech Seed, never-miss Toxic, and Curse.

Hurricane and Thunder are now terribad, as Rain grants them perfect accuracy but also halves their base power, and Sun doubles their base power but reduces their accuracy to 50%. Mega Pidgeot could have some fun with Sun-boosted Hurricanes though. But it has to rely on Uproar for Special-based Water STAB and Hidden Power is its only source of Grass coverage, and that's honestly pretty sad.

Shaymin looks cool. Grass is now non-terrible so Seed Flare is very good, and it has Air Slash for Fire coverage (though it is sort of weak…) and Psychic for Water.

Celebi can run physical almost viably since its Sucker Punch is now Water STAB and it has Water Return/Frustration on top of that. Seed Bomb is sort of weak as far as Grass moves go, though, and its only way dealing physical Fire damage is Aerial Ace. Specially, it has Psychic for Water STAB, Energy Ball for Grass STAB, and Shadow Ball for Fire coverage.

Speaking of priority, Scizor. Bullet Punch is STAB Grass priority, while Quick Attack is Water priority, and both are, of course, boosted by Technician. Technician Aerial Ace is solid Fire coverage. Knock Off could be used if you feel like it, but Return/Frustration hits harder.

Gliscor is now bad because its Grass typing grants it Poison immunity, and PH Breloom is similarly not a thing. Drifblim's Flare Boost is also sadly null and void, as it is Fire-type and cannot be burned.

Suicune's Extreme Speed is now STAB. Physical Suicune new meta? Extreme Speed is kind of scary now regardless since it can hit things SE.

Magnet Pull now traps Grass-types. Poor Grass-types.

Mega Metagross was covered above, but it what went unmentioned is its access to STAB Tough Claws Pursuit.

Just about any Grass/Fire physical attacker is spooky because Return is Water coverage.

Beep Beep - Big threat coming through!~

/

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return

- Meteor Mash

- Hammer Arm
/ ThunderPunch

- Bullet Punch
/ Agility

Oh baby. This thing is a monster. With its high BP STABs backed up by Tough Claws this is on mon you don't want to fuck with. Thanks to its lack of weaknesses and its good bulk it can switch in while nailing shit with STAB Returns and Meteor Mashes. Hammer Arm and TPunch depends on if you're running BP or Agility. Hell you can probably get away with Hammer Arm on Agility if you wanted to. Pretty good mon.
OU is suspecting it. Fingers crossed, I guess. Just like some other Metas, Abilities that boost/reduce damage play a key role here.

Oh also Mega Aerodactyl seems good.
Grass/Fire
- Iron Head [Grass]
- Dragon Claw [Fire]
- Return [Water]
- filler (Pursuit [Water], Curse [Fire], Stealth Rock, Taunt, Roost, whatever)

Finally it gets Tough Claws-boosted STABs! Plus, Tough Claws-boosted Return is so powerful it's almost as strong as its STABs.

I have no idea, but I'm imagining this is a pain to code. There are quite a lot of details to consider.

Or maybe not. If you can just Find and Replace Types in the normal OU Code, that'd be wonderful too.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
I have no idea, but I'm imagining this is a pain to code. There are quite a lot of details to consider.

Or maybe not. If you can just Find and Replace Types in the normal OU Code, that'd be wonderful too.
that would work, but then how would the moves work for like will o wisp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)