Shoddy Battle Gym League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be NU, if possible. I'm also pretty good with BL's. Just throwing my name up, not as if I stand much of a chance. I would opt for UU but ShinyOddish got that spot me so afraid.

Aw man, now there's an OU champion? I'd call it, but I'm not sure I can live up to the standard.... Anyway, will we be using the names of the anime gym leaders (for the ones that have them), i.e. I'd be Sabrina, or will it be more along the lines of Psychic Leader Cooper?

Aw man, now there's an OU champion? I'd call it, but I'm not sure I can live up to the standard.... Anyway, will we be using the names of the anime gym leaders (for the ones that have them), i.e. I'd be Sabrina, or will it be more along the lines of Psychic Leader Cooper?
uhm... I asked for OU last page, but whatever. I think marrilpet wn't think I'm a good battler, but I win from Great Sage 90% of the time. Ask Jibaku if I make decent teams and for my battle skills.

Whatever's open, I'll do it.

There's one more field effect you forgot: Tailwind. Don't know if it's viable, but just putting it out there.

Have to say I like the idea of a fun league as long its well organized. I'd prefer to do Ghost though...

But if Ghost is taken maybe I could do BL? If you're not sure on whether I'd be good enough than I'd be more than happy to have a match as a test for you to gauge me.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, I'll throw my name in for OU as well, though it will probably already be taken. I'm MTL_Master_Gamer on Shoddy, though I could easily just synch up the names to avoid confusion.

I recommend that prospective leaders should be tested, we don't want this to be looked at as a joke, like the current "Gym Leaders" are. It's not like this needs to be rushed into, anyway.

OK, I've got everyone's names down, and I'd like if a mod could lock this now. I'll go through everyone's names, and this is what I'll do. Any slot that has only one request, that person will get automatically. Anyone else, I'll set up some sort of test to decide who is most deserving of the slot.

If you beat one of the Elite Four members, is it possible to take their spot? That way, it would stay as tough as possible.

*is hoping to somehow get the OU spot* >_>

That's kinda weird. If someone makes a mistake and still are good battlers they're out of the four. Look, I'm sure I can beat Jibaku once, does that mean I can take his spot?

Damn this seemed really cool, but I missed the try outs ;_;. Aslo I think that a gimick eeveelutions could be added to the list, although kind of idiotic. also maybe we could think of mega weak teams like 4times electric (with stuff like gyrados and mantine) or Fire (Scizor, forretress) altough that Idea is stupider than the previous one.

If you beat one of the Elite Four members, is it possible to take their spot? That way, it would stay as tough as possible.
I actually think this idea has merit. Let's say someone wants my Psychic spot. They should be allowed to challenge me for it with a two out of three match or something like that. They challenge my mono-Psychic team with a regular one, and if they win, then I challenge their mono-Psychic team with my regular one. Whoever's team is judged the best gets the spot.

If we're all locked into our slots permanently and someone really sucks, the idea becomes a flop.

I feel that the Tailwind slot should be a pseudopassing gym, just because there's only so much you can do with Tailwind.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
I actually think this idea has merit. Let's say someone wants my Psychic spot. They should be allowed to challenge me for it with a two out of three match or something like that. They challenge my mono-Psychic team with a regular one, and if they win, then I challenge their mono-Psychic team with my regular one. Whoever's team is judged the best gets the spot.

If we're all locked into our slots permanently and someone really sucks, the idea becomes a flop.
The problem with that idea is that everyone would be coming after the leaders, and if you slip up, you're gone. I do agree that a not-so-skilled battler should not be kept as a rep, but that is why I think that there should be pretty extensive testing to get the spot.

Incorporating the idea that you are backing up, there should only be a certain number of spot-takers allowed to challenge you per week, for example.

How about the informal method?

A member of the Elite 4 faces the leader and the challenger and then decides who is the better gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)