Shoddy Battle Gym League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
How about the informal method?

A member of the Elite 4 faces the leader and the challenger and then decides who is the better gym leader.
This could work, the only problem being that the Elite 4 aren't necessarily the best battlers, they just aren't limited to a single type.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
I recommend that prospective leaders should be tested, we don't want this to be looked at as a joke, like the current "Gym Leaders" are. It's not like this needs to be rushed into, anyway.
I'll state this again, as I think you've rushed into this much too fast. You posted this topic this morning, and the spots have already been filled? I think that we need a panel of experienced battlers to judge try-outs for the positions.

Maybe the E4 members should be limited to two types or something. With dual type Pokemon that would make quite a few options while still restricting them a bit.

A member of the Elite 4 faces the leader and the challenger and then decides who is the better gym leader.
Because like the leaders, the Elite Four sign up for the job. The only way this would work is if everyone agrees on who should be the Elite Four, then those people challenge all the candidates for gym leaders in the case where there are more than one candidate or if someone challenges that leader for leadership (wow, is that confusing or what?).

Basically, we pick the Elite Four as a group. Next, the Elite Four pick the gym leaders. If someone wants to take a leaders position, they contact the Elite Four, who will then decide if it's worth having a challenge. Finally, they will battle both the current leader and the would-be usurper., and will decide who's better for the job.

Is the gym league going to involve it's own special server, or are we just going to be usernames on shoddy's official server?

I've tried to get a lock, but no one will give it to me. So here's the deal. No spots are set in stone. Any spot that has only one applicant will be filled. All others will be determined by battling among the applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)