Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a quick search online and couldn't find an answer, so here goes:

If I deposit a poke on GTS, then restore my game to an earlier save via Powersave, will I still get my GTS poke back (or the successful traded one) when I go back on to GTS?

Did a quick search online and couldn't find an answer, so here goes:

If I deposit a poke on GTS, then restore my game to an earlier save via Powersave, will I still get my GTS poke back (or the successful traded one) when I go back on to GTS?
There is supposedly a way to do it but I've lost pokemon testing it before so I wouldn't do it with anything of value

What is the best moveset for a non-Ampharosite Ampharos?
My main question is if Dragon Pulse is still a good move without the Dragon Typing
without mega evolving Ampharos functions best as a special wall..somethin like calm with twave/voltswitch/heal bell/ hp ice. Possibly a sassy set would work if you wanted to run dragon tail to shuffle and just replace hp ice with that

Hi! Welcome to Smogon. Unfortunately, everyone in this community clones their RNGs and SRs. You might have better luck on a different website where clones are not allowed.

If you need uncloned competitives, feel free to look in the shop in my signature :)
Do you have the kyogre(s) and/or Shaymin I was looking for?

Will clones get you banned from nintendo's online competitions and/or in-person competitions?

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll take a look!

Will clones get you banned from nintendo's online competitions and/or in-person competitions?
Nope, there is no discernible difference between cloned and non-cloned Pokémon. They are indistinguishable from one another. The reason we allow clones on Smogon is (presumably) to allow people to build up bigger collections of Pokémon. Some other communities frown on it, like r/PokemonTrades, but their website is more economy-based than Smogon.

Nope, there is no discernible difference between cloned and non-cloned Pokémon. They are indistinguishable from one another. The reason we allow clones on Smogon is (presumably) to allow people to build up bigger collections of Pokémon. Some other communities frown on it, like r/PokemonTrades, but their website is more economy-based than Smogon.
Thanks! ok cloned is fine then ;) and how is /r/pokemontrades enforcing the non-cloned policy if there's no discernible difference? And how is cloning performed without the use of 3rd party software/hardware (which seems to be against Smogon rules)?

Thanks! ok cloned is fine then ;) and how is /r/pokemontrades enforcing the non-cloned policy if there's no discernible difference? And how is cloning performed without the use of 3rd party software/hardware (which seems to be against Smogon rules)?
I assume they see if the exact same version of a mon is floating around. And most cloning is done with powersaves, which is allowed only for that use I believe (and sv checking?).

That stuff is fine, so long as the Pokemon being cloned aren't modified in any way. (like changing the ball it's in, etc.)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can you stop hating on Net Ball mister. I know you hate the animation (and Timer Ball), but a color match is a color match and it's a valid suggestion >:
also smd
You're lucky I'm in the hospital right now or I'd throw you so hard.

/me pet n_n

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
There's a long winded explanation as to why Smogon vs. Reddit rules are full on derp for both sides and there's a lot of inconsistencies with both sites/subs, so let's just leave it at "just because".

Cloning is performed with QR code method, powersaves, local/wi-fi trade glitch. Codes and hacks aren't allowed. Cloning is fine.

Edit: Codes for items or rebattling legendaries were generally accepted in the past, but they must be explicitly stated on the Pokemon you're offering under those conditions, so that people who don't like that kind of hoo-hah don't have to trade for it and they can find what they want elsewhere.

Anything other than that was never allowed.

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
Still offering anything in my shop + a Snow Warning Amaura spitback in the future for reservations on PGL Amaura Codes! If you're planning on just redeeming your code and breeding with the Amaura, please consider this offer.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Does Deoxys-Attack have ANY reason to have good defensive IVs, more specifically Def?

I'm trying to find good Hasty/Naive spreads in Emerald to RNG Deoxys-A in, but the best M1 spread I see is 31/31/9/31/28/31 Hasty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)