ORAS OU What are items? (Mega Lopunny Team feat. Bisharp)

Hello there, and welcome to my new ORAS team! And to tell you the truth, i don't even know how it happened. I literally just took some of the top threats on the ORAS viability list and made a team out of them, and it works so well. You don't even know how many people i swept with bisharp alone. Anyways, here it is!

I wanted to use a bisharp on this team, due to its amazing ability to counter defog, and its utility removing items.

I next added talonflame to this team, as it had some decent defensive synergy, and offensive synergy. Priority brave bird is also nice to deal with fighting types.

With every talonflame comes a rapid spinner, so i threw an offensive starmie onto the team for removing rocks, and for lots of coverage.

I next put clefable onto the team to absorb statuses (no one likes status conditions), and for fairy type coverage.

I figured I should put a stealth rocker onto the team, as they help KO stuff, so i just slapped gliscor on (I don't know whether i should change it or not though).

I figured that since this team was very offense looking at the moment, I might as well add one of the best offensive megas, in mega lopunny.

I ended up replacing gliscor with ferro, as it provided a water resist, and was arguably a better stealth rocker for this team.

THE TEAM:

Bisharp @ Black glasses
Ability: Defiant
Nature: adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Knock off
Iron head
Sucker punch
Swords dance

Bisharp is a very fun pokemon to use, as it gets rid of items, has priority moves, counters defog, stops fairies, can sometimes sweep, etc. Knock off is the main reason to use bisharp, and it hits most of the meta incredibly hard with an item, and even gets rid of their item (TAKE IT CHANSEY). Iron head stops fairies and deals with many of them easily (especially diancie). Sucker punch allows you to kill things that are faster than you, and swords dance can sometimes sweep, and makes up for your attack stat if you happen to get burned. Adamant nature to hit as hard as possible.

Talonflame @ sharp beak
Ability: Gale wings
Nature: jolly

Brave bird
Flare blitz
Swords dance
Roost

Talonflame has somewhat decent type synergy with bisharp, and they tend to be able to help each other deal with their checks and counters (except for rotom-w that is). Brave bird is a 120 base power priority move with gale wings, and helps deal with things such as serperior, mega lopunny, and just about any weakened poke that is starting to look scary. Flare blitz gets rid of steel types, like megagross and opposing bisharp. Swords dance can help up talonflame's somewhat lackluster damage output. Roost gives back hp lost while setting up or from rocks, but can be risky considering how frail t-flame is.
(Changes will be made in bold)

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Hydro pump
Psyshock
Ice beam
Rapid spin

Since I'm using a talonflame, its practically a necessity to have a spinner. I have an offensive starmie though mostly because I felt that the reflect type version somewhat gimmicky. I found starmie to be one of the best spinners, mainly because of how fast it is. I have analitic because even though getting rid of status with natural cure is good, nothing really wants to take an analytic hydro pump to the face. Hydro pump deals with most stealth rock setters in OU, and Ice beam deals with things that hydro pump doesn't quite get, like garchomp. Psyshock deals with special walls, and can hit things like water types, which hydro pump and ice beam can't quite touch.

Clefable @ leftovers
Ability: Magic guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

Moonblast
Flamethrower
Calm mind
Moonlight

If you are wondering why my clefable set looks like this, it is because i try to build my teams legitimately IN-game. It's very difficult to get gen III only moves and weird EVs on a poke without cheating, so i just run this type of clefable instead (and it actually has worked out better for me, personally) Clefable helps to deal with fighting types yet again if talonflame goes down, and just in general is a good poke for this team. Moonblast provides fairy type coverage, and hits dark types pretty hard. Flamethrower deals with steel types that don't really mind a moonblast. Calm mind clefable is actually my favorite kind of clefable to use, since it lets clefable take and deal damage more easily. Moonlight recovers Hp.

ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: iron barbs
Naure: relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

Gyro ball
Power whip
Leech seed
Stealth rocks

I originally had gliscor here as my physical tank and rocks setter, but i found that ferrothorn would probably be better for this. team. It had higher defenses in both categories, and could also set up other things. Gyro ball does loads of damage to fast targets. Power whip Can deal some damage to water ground types, but not very much, as they usually are very physically defensive. Leech seed allows me to recover more hp per turn. Stealth rock helps to ensure KOs. Ferrothorn does make this team half weak to the fighting type, but the other half resists it and can counter the common fighting type threats. I do not know whether to replace power whip with protect or not. I probably will, but it would be nice to have some other opinions about it.

Lopunny @ lopunnite
Abilty: Limber-->scrappy
Nature: Jolly

Return
High jump kick
Fake out
Ice punch

I've never actually used mega lopunny before, but after using it i can say that it is probably one of the best megas in ORAS. Return is a STAB move that hits things that resist the fighting type. High jump kick is extrememly strong, usually 3HKOing pokemon AT MOST. Fake out allows for free damage and speed boost on the first turn. Ice punch does more damage to gliscor, as well as other things (grass types).

Thats about it! When posting your replies though, KEEP IN MIND THAT I WANT TO BUILD THESE TEAMS IN GAME. Because of this, please don't suggest legendary pokemon or pokemon with weird EV spreads, as i probably won't be able to use them unless if i cheat, which I am completely against doing. I know this really limits my team building, but you gotta do what you gotta do :[

Threatlist:

This team is actually pretty weak to birdspam, mainly from talonflame.

Someone in the suggestions also pointed out that keldeo could be threatening for this team

Azumarill could also pose a threat, especially belly drum.

Just about all water ground types are bad, mainly because i don't have a grass type move of any kind except for power whip on ferro, which won't do too much even tough they're four times weak to it.

Someone has also pointed out that mega manectric could be a problem, as it can hit most of my team hard. I usually have to rely on sucker punch + brave bird when weakened to take this thing out.

Thanks for reading! :]

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
for the menu you do hide=Team Bulding Process in brackets and then /hide on the last line in brackets too. Use these brackets:[ ]

Hey, man. Liking this team!
I know you're using this team in-game so these EV spreads can be simplified, but if you get bored to shit of trading and breeding and migrate to PS like most then this rate will likely help you more. Regardless, I'll rate the team as I see it and you can take what you can or wish (with Super Training or just plain counting horde battles, 'weird' EV spreads are easily attainable in-game).
Anyway, two things I noticed it falls somewhat flat to is birdspam and Keldeo. You have ok checks to both, but no decently solid counters and I really thing you can afford to wedge some in. In answer to Keld, I'd say run a more defensive Starmie spread, probably the Reflect Type spread (only with dual STAB over Scald + Reflect Type), this allows you to better check Keld in a much more reliable way, and a bulkier and more sustainable spinner is much appreciated with Talonflame being such a key member.
Secondly, Not fond of your Glisc set. The set which makes Glisc such a threat this meta is the stallbreaker set and your Toxic Rock-setter falls flat. I'd much more advise you run Defensive Lando-T. Does the same thing only instead of Toxic spam it can spam U-Turn which helps this team a lot by making it easier to get your sweeper of choice in an optimal match-up and get it an easy set-up. Intimidate also makes it great against physical hard-hitters and Talonflame in particular.
Talonflame only needs to run 168 Spe, this allows it to outspeed max speed Raikou which is the most relevant fast threat Talon can outspeed. While I'm generally not ford of arbitrary leftover defensive EVs since they usually don't actually help much, Talon is a mon that relies on moves that make it suffer recoil, as such more HP is valued in order to endure more recoil and get more hits in.
I'd also advise Life Orb on Bish over Black Glasses. Black Glasses is good for all-out attacker but on SD you'd really want as much power as you can get, because:
Black Glasses:
+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 267-315 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 258-306 (84 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Life Orb:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 289-341 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 335-398 (109.1 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 320-377 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Etc.

Lastly, as a final nitpick, set all your special attackers' Atk IVs to 0 to minimise Foul Play and Confusion damage.
Hope this helps. :]

WTF Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

9/11 (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Last edited:
I know you're using this team in-game so these EV spreads can be simplified, but if you get bored to shit of trading and breeding and migrate to PS like most then this rate will likely help you more. Regardless, I'll rate the team as I see it and you can take what you can or wish (with Super Training or just plain counting horde battles, 'weird' EV spreads are easily attainable in-game).
Anyway, two things I noticed it falls somewhat flat to is birdspam and Keldeo. You have ok checks to both, but no decently solid counters and I really thing you can afford to wedge some in. In answer to Keld, I'd say run a more defensive Starmie spread, probably the Reflect Type spread (only with dual STAB over Scald + Reflect Type), this allows you to better check Keld in a much more reliable way, and a bulkier and more sustainable spinner is much appreciated with Talonflame being such a key member.
Secondly, Not fond of your Glisc set. The set which makes Glisc such a threat this meta is the stallbreaker set and your Toxic Rock-setter falls flat. I'd much more advise you run Defensive Lando-T. Does the same thing only instead of Toxic spam it can spam U-Turn which helps this team a lot by making it easier to get your sweeper of choice in an optimal match-up and get it an easy set-up. Intimidate also makes it great against physical hard-hitters and Talonflame in particular.
Talonflame only needs to run 168 Atk, this allows it to outspeed max speed Raikou which is the most relevant fast threat Talon can outspeed. While I'm generally not ford of arbitrary leftover defensive EVs since they usually don't actually help much, Talon is a mon that relies on moves that make it suffer recoil, as such more HP is valued in order to suffer more recoil and get more hits in.
I'd also advise Life Orb on Bish over Black Glasses. Black Glasses is good for all-out attacker but on SD you'd really want as much power as you can get, because:
Black Glasses:
+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 267-315 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 258-306 (84 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Life Orb:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 289-341 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 335-398 (109.1 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 320-377 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Etc.

Lastly, as a final nitpick, set all your special attackers' Atk IVs to 0 to minimise Foul Play and Confusion damage.

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I actually find breeding and training my pokes to be one of the fun parts of poke mon, but i see where people are coming from about genning. I didn't say that my special attackers I've in attack were zero because I kinda figured that most people would get that. Anyways, i probably will try out defensive Starmie and see how I like it. Talonflame I guess I can try out too, it's just going to take a lot more time, and a lot of reset bags and resets. I guess I could try that out on showdown as well and see how I like it. However, I will not use lando, as i really do want to mAke this this team in game, which lando makes increasingly difficult. Do you have any way to change my gliscor so that it can set up rocks but still be any good? Or do you maybe have another rocker in mind that would help this team? Even if you can't, thank you for rating my team!

Alternatively, opting Lum Berry on Bisharp could work too. This allows you to set up on slower status inducers, as opposing Thunder Waves and Will-o-Wisps really hurt its sweeping capabilities and since the LO recoil will wear you down quickly. It is your preference on whether you want a one-tim status immunity (Lum Berry) or extra power (Life Orb), though.

Iron Head stops fairies and deals with many of them easily (especially diancie).
I just want to point out a nitpick on your description though. It's useless to try to kill a Mega Diancie though Iron Head since she outspeeds Bisharp and smokes it with an Earth Power. Mega Diancie isn't switching in on your Bisharp either. Instead, she will go face off and revenge kill your Bisharp after coming in using a slow VoltTurn or after her teammate has fainted.

I don't have much advise about your team though, but I hope you might find Lum Berry Bisharp useful somehow. Good luck.

Alternatively, opting Lum Berry on Bisharp could work too. This allows you to set up on slower status inducers, as opposing Thunder Waves and Will-o-Wisps really hurt its sweeping capabilities and since the LO recoil will wear you down quickly. It is your preference on whether you want a one-tim status immunity (Lum Berry) or extra power (Life Orb), though.

I just want to point out a nitpick on your description though. It's useless to try to kill a Mega Diancie though Iron Head since she outspeeds Bisharp and smokes it with an Earth Power. Mega Diancie isn't switching in on your Bisharp either. Instead, she will go face off and revenge kill your Bisharp after coming in using a slow VoltTurn or after her teammate has fainted.

I don't have much advise about your team though, but I hope you might find Lum Berry Bisharp useful somehow. Good luck.
Eh, i didn't really mean much by it destroys diancies. i was mainly making fun of how it was four times weak to steel, so of course it would OHKO. I might try lum berry on bisharp. I have been having trouble with burns as of late.

Talonflame only needs to run 168 Atk, this allows it to outspeed max speed Raikou which is the most relevant fast threat Talon can outspeed. While I'm generally not ford of arbitrary leftover defensive EVs since they usually don't actually help much, Talon is a mon that relies on moves that make it suffer recoil, as such more HP is valued in order to suffer more recoil and get more hits in.
Black Glasses:

Life Orb:

Etc.

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I just remembered, can you tell me what the stallbreaker set is? I just want to see it, and smogon doesn't seem to list it on the strategy dex.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Interesting team but I would change SD on bisharp to Pursuit to kill the Lati's as they seem to be an annoyance to your team. And you really don't need 2 SD set uppers. Hope I helped :]

What do you guys think if I replaced gliscor for ferrothorn? It's arguably a better rocks setter for this team, but it would make half of my team weak to fighting types, and I'd also loose ground type coverage, so electric types like mega manectric and raikou would be scarier. Gliscor wasn't much better anyways, as they usually carry hp ice anyways.

I think you should use ferrothorn as even tho you will have 1/2 a team weak to fighting the other half resists it :\
Yeah, I was thinking that too. And the most prevelant fighting types, conk, breloom, and mega lop, usually know better than to stay in against a talonflame or a clefable. I'll get on to changing that.

What do you guys think if I replaced gliscor for ferrothorn? It's arguably a better rocks setter for this team, but it would make half of my team weak to fighting types, and I'd also loose ground type coverage, so electric types like mega manectric and raikou would be scarier. Gliscor wasn't much better anyways, as they usually carry hp ice anyways.
Why not just use Landorus-T?
Also, don't replace Psyshock with Tbolt. Your team looks very weak to Keldeo without Psyshock and you need a solid switch in that can also damage it, Starmie is currently acting as that.

Why not just use Landorus-T?
Also, don't replace Psyshock with Tbolt. Your team looks very weak to Keldeo without Psyshock and you need a solid switch in that can also damage it, Starmie is currently acting as that.
I don't really want to use lando because i'm trying to build my teams in-game as well. Its kind of hard to get a legitimate landorus with perfect IVs and nature without genning or getting it from someone shady.

And i won't replace psyshock with t-bolt. As nice as bolt beam is, it is true that psyshock helps deal with keldeo as well as special walls.

P.S. I might have to get natural cure instead of analytic on starmie, as i can not seem to get one from anyone. I'll keep trying, but is it that bad if i have natural cure instead? It does get rid of paralysis and toxic after all.

Nice. You should prolly keep psyshock sinice it can 1hko keldeo [another prevalent fighting type) who talon can't switch into for fear of a scald.so yea a psychic STAB move takes better care of that. oh also psychic is a guaranteed 1hko unlike psyshock.
btw analytic only works after other mon has acted and starmie is fast so it mostly works only on scarfers and priority users

Nice. You should prolly keep psyshock sinice it can 1hko keldeo [another prevalent fighting type) who talon can't switch into for fear of a scald.so yea a psychic STAB move takes better care of that. oh also psychic is a guaranteed 1hko unlike psyshock.
Eh, psychic is much more situational, and leaves me defenseless against chanseys. I'll stick with psyshock IMO. Thanks for your oppinion about ferr BTW.

EDIT: analytic also works on a switch BTW, so it gives you a power boost even if your opponent goes into something else.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Try asking someone in the wi-fi room on showdown for a lando, Legendaries help a lot and they aren't that difficult to get. You just gotta find the right people. I feel like your team is extremely weak to Mega Manectric atm, so you should probably look into that.

Try asking someone in the wi-fi room on showdown for a lando, Legendaries help a lot and they aren't that difficult to get. You just gotta find the right people. I feel like your team is extremely weak to Mega Manectric atm, so you should probably look into that.
yeah, with manectric I usually have to rely pn sucker punch, and once its weakened, brave bird. I guess i could always try to get a lando, but would it really help at all against a mega manectric?

most mega manectric run hp ice so only a scarfed set really helps imo
Yeah, but the main point of lando on this team would really be for rocks, which is why i was questioning why it would help with mega manectric. (he'd be outsped without a scarf, but i guess it can always scare them out in the beginning of the match.)

Last edited:
Ferro has better opportunities. You should also probably run a more efficient ev spread cuz (if u can)with special defense investment you can switch in on more megas like diancie and spike or stealth rock away. Also stuff like gyarados.some stuff lando can't even switch in on. Overall I think I think ferro is better on this team.

TPP

Head TD
yeah, with manectric I usually have to rely pn sucker punch, and once its weakened, brave bird. I guess i could always try to get a lando, but would it really help at all against a mega manectric?
A scarf lando-T could help a bit. A rock polish Lando-I would be fantastic as it can sweep with relative ease. Bisharp seems like a decent check because of Defiant's activation in response to Intimidate. AV Raikou would be the best thing to stop it defensively, but Raikou can't do much back. Chansey could also do a lot, but the fighting weakness is a little risky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)