Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Welp, my attempts to get my 3DS on the internet/wifi hosted at the condo I'm staying on have been unsuccessful. Probably too much security and firewalls.

What this likely means is that I won't be able to get the daily 500 coins for the next 5-6 days, so I'll only have one chance to use every option at my disposal, and catch Regirock, and if that fails, it's over. If I get lucky, maybe I'll manage to scrounge up enough coins for an additional Great Ball.

It sucks not having Mega Lucario to help out.

Welp, my attempts to get my 3DS on the internet/wifi hosted at the condo I'm staying on have been unsuccessful. Probably too much security and firewalls.

What this likely means is that I won't be able to get the daily 500 coins for the next 5-6 days, so I'll only have one chance to use every option at my disposal, and catch Regirock, and if that fails, it's over. If I get lucky, maybe I'll manage to scrounge up enough coins for an additional Great Ball.

It sucks not having Mega Lucario to help out.
Mega Mawile is superior to Mega Lucario (and Mega Blastoise) on this stage. Significantly lower base attack, but significantly more useful effect due to the positions the blocks fall in. Take Mawile in your Mega Slot, at least one of your strongest block bashers, and make the rest your most powerful super effective mons (bonus if those are also block bashers/stabilize+ users). My team was ultimately M-Mawile (lvl 8), Sceptile (lvl 9), Lucario (lvl 6), Bronzong (lvl 6). If you're really intent on making sure you have enough Great Balls, just farm Meowth.

You can easily make 10k+ coins a day (15k+ if you don't like sleeping, up to 25k in the unlikely event you can 5-match all coins and win every time), and really, just farming 5k a day will leave you in a good position by the final day. Complexity -1 is unnecessary for this stage, and Disruption Delay is debatable. Mega Start is definitely useful, but Attack Up is far and away the best item to use. So, if you use DD, Mega Start and Attack UP that's 6500 per attempt. Just Mega Start and Attack Up is 5k per attempt, and just Attack Up is 3k. If you farm about 5k a day, you will have upwards of 45k on the last day, and even using all the useful items means you will have 7 legitimate attempts at Regirock (if you don't mind restarting the game before it saves should your Great Balls all fail), and even more if you just fall back on the Attack Up.

Don't give up. It's definitely doable.

Mega Mawile is superior to Mega Lucario (and Mega Blastoise) on this stage. Significantly lower base attack, but significantly more useful effect due to the positions the blocks fall in. Take Mawile in your Mega Slot, at least one of your strongest block bashers, and make the rest your most powerful super effective mons (bonus if those are also block bashers/stabilize+ users). My team was ultimately M-Mawile (lvl 8), Sceptile (lvl 9), Lucario (lvl 6), Bronzong (lvl 6). If you're really intent on making sure you have enough Great Balls, just farm Meowth.

You can easily make 10k+ coins a day (15k+ if you don't like sleeping, up to 25k in the unlikely event you can 5-match all coins and win every time), and really, just farming 5k a day will leave you in a good position by the final day. Complexity -1 is unnecessary for this stage, and Disruption Delay is debatable. Mega Start is definitely useful, but Attack Up is far and away the best item to use. So, if you use DD, Mega Start and Attack UP that's 6500 per attempt. Just Mega Start and Attack Up is 5k per attempt, and just Attack Up is 3k. If you farm about 5k a day, you will have upwards of 45k on the last day, and even using all the useful items means you will have 7 legitimate attempts at Regirock (if you don't mind restarting the game before it saves should your Great Balls all fail), and even more if you just fall back on the Attack Up.

How does this not have more likes?!??

Well, not using Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay will free up a lot of coins for more Great Balls. Which is good, since I don't really have time to go back in every 2 and a half hours to farm coins.
In fact, I barely have enough time to go in and check alerts here.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well a new day has rolled out and we have the lucarionite competition again. Good news is that it's 30k lucarionites this time but there's a 2 jewel price for those who already had it before and qualify.

Edit: Also new daily pokemon starting with Girafarig.... which has an awful base catch rate of 8. At least it's not a "once per day" event thank god.

Last edited:
Caught Girafarig in one round ! Got a catch rate of 20% (Mega Gar / Heracross / Pinsir / Yveltal). Pretty Easy !
Other new pokemon for the following days : Shuckle, Kecleon, Relicanth and Spiritomb.

WE NEED MORE PSYCHIC/FLYING/FAIRY/STEEL TYPE damned.

Lucarionite : Nice for those who missing it ... And turn based instead of time based ! 2 jewels seems interesting in case of. Without new pokemon to catch (except the daily one), I can farm gold to get some S-ranks. Yay.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Not having the best results with Lucario so I guess I'll try my luck on the weekend with all power ups after grinding some coins. Hopefully I'll be getting a lucarionite this time around.

YES YES YES!

I HAVE to get this Lucarionite. I missed out on it earlier, and I won't miss out on this unique chance again. It will help me so much with S-ranking stages that are weak to fighting only!!

I appreciate the Lucarionite competition resuming, especially with the wider win margin. I just hope those participating for the 2 jewels don't displace too many Mega Stone winners.

ARGHHHH. I just figured out this one isn't based on a time limit, but on an amount of moves with disruptions and such. This is way harder imo, and it will also allow those who p2w to have an advantage T__T..

Still got myself on rank 6735, but that won't last for long..

And has anyone figured out the best possible team for this stage yet?

Last edited:
This return is quite welcome. I started playing around the time Keldeo was available (literally started the game up on the first day he came out), so Mew, Kyogre and M-Lucario have always been a sore spot for me. There's also a lot of opportunity for others who missed the stone the first time around to get it, what with it being top 30k instead of 20k, and with a lot of previous Lucarionite winners opting to aim for the lowest possible scores in order to give others a chance.

Far more important than coins spent for this stage will be the team used. Anyone lacking Mewtwo will probably have to compensate with items just to get a secure mid-to-low rank. An M-Mewtwo Y team with items will basically ensure a decent placing. And since previous Lucarionite owners are unlikely to spend coins for two jewels, people probably have a much better chance placing this time around than last time.

Edit: So far, if the top scores are any indication, an M-Mewtwo Y team + Xerneas is the best fit. I'm guessing it works better than a pure Psychic team by eliminating some of the RNG for which mon Mewtwo chooses to erase.

This return is quite welcome. I started playing around the time Keldeo was available (literally started the game up on the first day he came out), so Mew, Kyogre and M-Lucario have always been a sore spot for me. There's also a lot of opportunity for others who missed the stone the first time around to get it, what with it being top 30k instead of 20k, and with a lot of previous Lucarionite winners opting to aim for the lowest possible scores in order to give others a chance.

Far more important than coins spent for this stage will be the team used. Anyone lacking Mewtwo will probably have to compensate with items just to get a secure mid-to-low rank. An M-Mewtwo Y team with items will basically ensure a decent placing. And since previous Lucarionite owners are unlikely to spend coins for two jewels, people probably have a much better chance placing this time around than last time.

Edit: So far, if the top scores are any indication, an M-Mewtwo Y team + Xerneas is the best fit. I'm guessing it works better than a pure Psychic team by eliminating some of the RNG for which mon Mewtwo chooses to erase.
Keep in mind that, since last Lucarionite event ended, a LOT of new players joined the fray. Hopefully they don't all have the Mewtwo mega stone, else my chances are going to drop even further.

Keep in mind that, since last Lucarionite event ended, a LOT of new players joined the fray. Hopefully they don't all have the Mewtwo mega stone, else my chances are going to drop even further.
A lot of the new players are trying to figure out how to beat Mewtwo, let alone catch him. For every person who does well in the EX stages, I'd wager there are at least 20 who struggle. This is one of those times where you either have M-Mewtwo Y, or you don't. And the few who will get him in this week just for the Lucarionite are the ones who have demonstrated success at some of the other obnoxious EX stages.

Great, I don't return from vacation until the 23rd, and I can't get the wifi to work for my 3DS to save my life. So guess who has to wait until later to attempt to get the Lucarionite?
Good news is, I've saved quite a few coins to try to catch Regirock, and I have M-Mewtwo on my side. Bad news is, that if I need to use them, I won't be catching Regirock. Also going to have to miss the daily Pokémon, but hopefully, they'll be back.

Alright, just got Regirock.

Team was an itemless capture (did need a Great Ball though).
- Mawile
- Sceptile
- Lucario
- Kyogre.

7 moves left. Focus a LOT on Kyogre to break the rocks early. They can collapse the Regirocks onto each other and eliminate them from the board EXTREMELY fast.

Alright, just got Regirock.

Team was an itemless capture (did need a Great Ball though).
- Mawile
- Sceptile
- Lucario
- Kyogre.

7 moves left. Focus a LOT on Kyogre to break the rocks early. They can collapse the Regirocks onto each other and eliminate them from the board EXTREMELY fast.
I can confirm this works as I used the same team (max leveled of course) and the first I
Lost the second time however I did get 2 combos of 20+ and had 2 moves left when I finished the level.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I heard a rumour on serebii that the last patch actually lowered the difficulty on the regirock event, but it's been all speculation so far.

Edit: Also it seems that going against regirock with only 3 Pokemon fills the last slot with even more regirock which makes comboing a lot easier (since it's essentially a complexity -1)

I heard a rumour on serebii that the last patch actually lowered the difficulty on the regirock event, but it's been all speculation so far.

Edit: Also it seems that going against regirock with only 3 Pokemon fills the last slot with even more regirock which makes comboing a lot easier (since it's essentially a complexity -1)
If this is true, drop the Vitality drain user (Sceptile). It never procs and I just don't think it's worth it.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
If this is true, drop the Vitality drain user (Sceptile). It never procs and I just don't think it's worth it.
Already confirmed it using Mawile / Groudon / Kyogre. Beat Regirock with 3 moves left and without using any items :O

Reactions: JES
Already confirmed it using Mawile / Groudon / Kyogre. Beat Regirock with 3 moves left and without using any items :O
Should note then that I recommend Lucario in place of Groudon. Since this will be mostly combo dependent, Lucario's ability to boost power (his own at least) in combos adds up faster than potential Quakes from Groudon.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd say they're about equal. Groudon's Quake ability tends to activate more frequently against Rock types for some reason and delaying the disruption even if for 1 turn helps to chain another series of combos right away.

On another note, any tips for Steelix? Since I'm saving my coins for Lucario, I'm doing this Coinless. Currently going without a Mega since none of them are SE so the time difference takes a bit too long.

Is Mega Aerodactyl worth it to remove the blocks, despite being weaker?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
On another note, any tips for Steelix? Since I'm saving my coins for Lucario, I'm doing this Coinless. Currently going without a Mega since none of them are SE so the time difference takes a bit too long.

Is Mega Aerodactyl worth it to remove the blocks, despite being weaker?
I managed to beat it with mega aero having 0 moves left. Wasn't an issue since his catch rate is pretty high, but if you want to S-rank it well there I can't really help you. Just abuse Ninetales at the start so the Steelix clear themselves.

Edit: Also new daily today is shuckle, which is garbage both as a pokemon (risk-taker) and as a stage (5 moves, high HP, 10% catch rate and the extra moves only give 3%).

Geez is Shuckle ridiculous. I have a team consisting of Mega Slowbro, Swellow and Swablu and I could not catch him (frankly the bonus for spare moves isn't that much of a help)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)